PDA

View Full Version : GnR's Chinese Democracy Fanclub

alexeduardo
2009-03-22, 09:43 PM
Yep, that's right. I actually like it.

I do not understand why so many people seem to think of it as crap, I think it is really, really good. Sure, it's nothing like 80's GnR, but imho they would've failed as artists (or as an artist, rather) had it stayed the same. Sure, the falsettos are gone. Sure, not much mushy or romanticly long notes. But it's got something that no one (or little more than no one) can claim nowadays. It's rock.
It's a song attacking the Chinese Goverment (or the state of Israel, if you see the "official" YouTube video) that differentiates itself from the rest of the crowd by being an actual attack. Axl has risen his Danger finger at the most powerful nation in the world, and he's done it just one layer below the mainstream media. I know there are many protest and revolutionary songs in the underground somewhere beyond the shadowdark, but Chinese Democracy is different in that it can actually reach a lot of people, if only because of a handful of tv ads and billboards.

Also, rant aside, the song rocks. It's punk rock for the modern age. This is what is gonna change the world, if we play our cards right.
Also, the song rocks.
(May I propose someone do a banner?)

Illiterate Scribe
2009-03-22, 09:45 PM
Sorry to be an agent of the man, but this is likely to stray uncomfortably close to Rich's 'no politics' rule.

littlebottom
2009-03-22, 09:46 PM
i like it, but not as a GnR album, i think i like it for what it is, and it didnt live up to GnR but Axl still did good (i think the main problem is that Axl is the only one who actually made this album, thus it doesnt feel like GnR from the 80s but its still good in its own way)

EDIT: (actually yes, as said above, the topics are well too political, unless you talk about the album just as music.)

alexeduardo
2009-03-22, 09:46 PM
Sorry to be an agent of the man, but this is likely to stray uncomfortably close to Rich's 'no politics' rule.

Let's just focus on the music then.