2009-03-24, 11:27 PM
Impossible Majesty Rebuke
Cost: 3m
Mins: Melee 3, Essence 2
Type: Reflexive (Step 2)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Illusion, Obvious
Duration: One Scene (see text)
Prerequisite Charms: Bulwark Stance

No warrior could ever hope to shed the blood of the Sun’s Chosen–and were they to do so, the Lawgivers’ very majesty would prevent them from realizing what they had done. This Charm can be used against any physical attack that can be parried, creating an illusion that causes the attacker to believe the Solar is guarded by a perfect defense against all attacks of the same type (as a result, even if the attack hits, they perceive it as having been blocked), unless they succeed on a reflexive (Perception + Awareness) roll at a difficulty of your Melee. If they fail to see through the illusion, they cannot attack him in the same way for the rest of the scene, although altering their tactics–using a different weapon, a different Charm, a different combo, or anything similar–allows them to bypass this. Alternatively, they may spend one Willpower to negate the illusion. Once they have either succeeded on the Awareness roll or spent the Willpower to negate the illusion, they cannot be affected by this Charm for the rest of the scene.

Golden Seraph Apotheosis
Cost: 15m, 1 wp
Mins: Melee 5, Essence 4
Type: Simple
Keywords: Combo-OK, Holy, Obvious
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Glorious Solar Saber, Heavenly Guardian Defense

The Sun’s Chosen are avatars of righteous judgement, insuperable warriors adorned in the mantle of victory. This Charm makes their nature as holy champions obvious. The Solar grows a number of golden wings of light equal to his Essence. Each wing grants you a stunt pool of two dice that can be applied to any Melee dice pool. Whenever you roll your Melee, you may choose to add either one or two die from any wing's dice pool to the roll, causing it to be treated as a one or two-dice stunt (you can never spend dice from more than one wing's dice pool). There is no difference between stunt die added by this Charm and those added by the Storyteller–they function in the same way, mechanically. However, while the Storyteller may choose to grant stunt die to a roll at any time before a player does, they do not stack–if the Storyteller adds two stunt die and the player adds one, it is treated as a two-dice stunt, not a three-dice one. One a wing's stunt dice pool is exhausted, the wing dissipates.

In addition, as an action that does not count as a Charm use, the Solar can transform one of the wings into a Glorious Solar Saber, exhausting its stunt dice pool (if he has multiple different blades known with that Charm, he may choose what form the wing takes when it is drawn). If the wing's dice pool had two dice left in it, the action is reflexive; if it had only one, the action is simple. The saber cannot be transformed back into a wing.

Raindrops Fell The Mountain Onslaught
Cost: 5m
Type: Supplementary
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: One action
Prerequisite Charms: Iron Whirlwind

As mighty and immovable as the mountain seems, the merest raindrop can wear it away, eroding its strength with countless strikes over hundreds of years. In the same spirit, one of the Chosen can decimate his foes with a flurry of strikes, each one wearing down his foe’s strength and shedding his life’s blood. This Charm supplements a single melee attack by increasing its minimum damage to your Melee ability, assuming this is higher than your Essence or the weapon’s minimum damage.

Sundog Stance
Cost: 5m, 1wp
Mins: Melee 5, Essence 2
Prerequisite Charms: Peony Blossom Attack

When ice and snow choke the air, the light of the sun is mirrored and refracted, giving birth to sundogs–illusory suns hanging in the sky. So too do the Chosen of the Sun wield what seems like an entire arsenal of blades, their whirling steel choking the air. This Charm reduces all multiple action penalties you take when flurrying an attack with two weapons by your Essence, and allows you to ignore offhand penalties. In addition, while wielding two weapons, you add the defense score of both to your dice pool for determining your Parry DV.

Unbound Soul’s Fury
Cost: –
Mins: Melee 4, Essence 3
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Holy, Obvious
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Glorious Solar Saber

When the Chosen succumb to their flawed virtue’s base nature, they enter a terrible frenzy, the darkest depths of their soul unbound. Some have learned to channel this berserk passion, shaping it into a blade of focused virtue. Whenever you manifest a Glorious Solar Saber while in Limit Break, your blade gains one of four benefits, based on your virtue flaw:

Compassion: You add your Compassion to your Glorious Solar Saber’s defense.

Conviction: Your Glorious Solar Saber gains the piercing tag.

Temperance: You add your Temperance to your Glorious Solar Saber’s accuracy.

Valor: You add your Valor to your Glorious Solar Saber’s base damage.

Jakezor
2009-03-25, 01:00 AM
Ooooohhhhkay, so, I'm kinda new at Exalted, but I'll throw out some comments anyway:

Impossible Majesty Rebuke
Keywords: Combo-OK, Illusion, Obvious
Duration: Instant/One Scene (see text)
Prerequisite Charms: Bulwark Stance

No warrior could ever hope to shed the blood of the Sun’s Chosen–and were they to do so, the Lawgivers’ very majesty would prevent them from realizing what they had done. This Charm allows you to use double your Parry DV to defend against a single attack, as long as that attack is one that could normally be parried. In addition, this Charm inflicts the attacker with an illusion, causing them to believe the Solar is guarded by a perfect defense against all attacks of the same type (as a result, even if the attack hits, they perceive it as having been blocked). They cannot attack him in the same way for the rest of the scene, although altering their tactics–using a different weapon, a different Charm, a different combo, or anything similar–allows them to bypass this. In addition, by spending one point of willpower, they may ignore this illusion for the duration of the scene.

Lots of thoughts, feel free to pick a choose:

for 3 motes, you get to burn their willpower, or force them to be ineffective?
Now, granted, I don't have that many books, but I haven't seen any other melee-based charms that allow you to to force your opponent to spend willpower or be your bitch, that's a social combat thing.

That being said, I like the idea, it's *different* and different is good, it's the whole reason to create new charms, afterall, however, I think this one is a bit too good...

With it's low requirements (Melee 3, Essence 2, 1 prereq charm) that might be a bit much, if you separated the illusion and the doubling-parry into 2 different charms, it'd be much more in-line with the charm creation guidelines, you could use them separtly (simply being a parry-mad-man) or easily scare extras (only creating an illusion, as you probably block anyway) but to do both would require a combo. Finally, I'd suggest that you add the catch: "Targets with an essence greater than the character's are immune to the illusion effect" as entities with a greater command of Essence than the character are unlikely to be hoodwinked into believing a perfect defense exists, or being unable to see the impact they have on the character.

Also, you might want to clarify how this charm works in a combo, do increases to your parry DV from, say, 1st/2nd/3rd melee excellency get added before (wow, powerful) or after the doubling takes place? How about onslaught penalties? does the doubling occur before all modification? after all modification?

Golden Seraph Apotheosis
Cost: 20m, 1 wp
Keywords: Combo-OK, Holy, Obvious
Prerequisite Charms: Glorious Solar Saber, Heavenly Guardian Defense

The Sun’s Chosen are avatars of righteous judgement, insuperable warriors adorned in the mantle of victory. This Charm makes their nature as holy champions obvious. The Solar grows a number of golden wings of light equal to his Essence. These wings cannot bear his weight in flight, but they can be used to parry attacks, each wing adding an additional one die to the Solar’s parry dice pool. In addition, the Solar can still parry with the wings even while unarmed, allowing him to parry lethal attacks without a stunt. As a reflexive action that does not count as a Charm activation, the Solar can transform one of the wings into a Glorious Solar Saber (if he has multiple different blades known with that Charm, he may choose what form the wing takes when it is drawn). Once drawn, the wing ceases to add to his parry dice pool, but the Glorious Solar Saber lasts for the duration of the scene. A wing, once transformed into a saber, cannot be transformed back into a wing.

This one might actually be *underpowered*. You're essentially "Committing" 20 motes in order to get 4+ dice to parry pools. You'd only need to actually commit 8 motes with infinite Melee mastery to do that and more. So, even if you "draw" 2 swords to use as paired blades, you've still payed 10m for a 2-dice parry bonus... It gets slightly better as your essence goes up, but, at essence 5 (or 6, or 10), what's another +5 dice to your dv? You've probably got a base DV that's high enough for just about anything that's blockable anyway.

Now, sure, if you get unarmed, you can drop a die of bonus into a sword, but you're already paying the WP for GSS anyway, so all's fair, a reflexive action instead of a misc action is a nice bonus for GSS,

Raindrops Fell The Mountain Onslaught
Mins: Melee 5, Essence 3

As mighty and immovable as the mountain seems, the merest raindrop can wear it away, eroding its strength with countless strikes over hundreds of years. In the same spirit, one of the Chosen can decimate his foes with a flurry of strikes, each one wearing down his foe’s strength and shedding his life’s blood. This Charm supplements a single melee attack by increasing its minimum damage to your Melee ability plus any relevant specialties, assuming this is higher than your Essence or the weapon’s minimum damage.

So a starting character can have minimum damage 8 (5 melee, +3 spec) for each and every attack in a flurry? uhh... that's crazy nasty. Most charms that increase your minimum damage do so by, say, 1 (Lunar's Claws of the Silver Moon is one such example) I'd suggest not letting specialties apply, for starts. Then it's not too insane, still crazy good though. Minimum damage 5 is great, but can be achieved other ways (Grand Goremaul)
A reaper-Dailklave is godly with this charm, Rate of 3 (4 if you use certain Magical Metals) and a flurry-charm could mean an easy 3/4 hits, each rolling at least 5dmg, and this would be available to a starting character. Ouch.

Also, as a general rule, I'm not a fan of charms that eventually become totally worthless. Granted, as written, this wouldn't become totally worthless until Essence 8, but why should a charm ever be useless?

Sundog Stance

When ice and snow choke the air, the light of the sun is mirrored and refracted, giving birth to sundogs–illusory suns hanging in the sky. So too do the Chosen of the Sun wield what seems like an entire arsenal of blades, their whirling steel choking the air. This Charm reduces all multiple action penalties you take when flurrying an attack with two weapons by your Essence. In addition, while wielding two weapons, you add the defense score of both to your dice pool for determining your Parry DV.

I see what you're trying to do with this, It looks like you're basically saying "Like Iron Whirlwind BUT less accurate, and more defense"
This has potential abuse. 2 moonsilver short-daiklaves, for example, would net someone a +6 defense bonus. pretty gnarly, but Serp Staffs give 5, so is that really so terrible? The problem comes from your other charm in the set, Apoteosis, wherein a character could have 2 +5 defence sabers being dual-wielded, drawing them as a non-charm use reflexive action, and still have even more bonus parry dice from wings, and, from your first charm, potentially doubling these. How many parry DV dice should a character really be able to get? How many different charms to they really need to add dice to their parry DV? I Get it, you really, really like parrying, and these charms are designed to have some synergy with each other, but man...

Unbound Soul’s Fury
Cost: –
Mins: Melee 4, Essence 3
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Holy, Obvious
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Glorious Solar Saber

When the Chosen succumb to their flawed virtue’s base nature, they enter a terrible frenzy, the darkest depths of their soul unbound. Some have learned to channel this berserk passion, shaping it into a blade of focused virtue. Whenever you manifest a Glorious Solar Saber while in Limit Break, your blade gains one of four benefits, based on your virtue flaw:

Compassion: You add your Compassion to your Glorious Solar Saber’s defense.

Conviction: You subtract half your Conviction score from your Glorious Solar Saber’s speed, to a minimum of 2.

Temperance: You add your Temperance to your Glorious Solar Saber’s accuracy.

Valor: You add your Valor to your Glorious Solar Saber’s base damage. Alternatively, you may grant your Glorious Solar Saber the piercing tag. You must choose one or the other when you purchase this Charm.
GSS is already at speed 3, making the Conviction virtue pretty much worthless. I'd take Piercing away from Valor (Why does valor get 2 choices?) and replace Conviction's with piercing.
See above comments on "How many parry dice do you really need?" In regards to compassion virtue in relation to your other charms. Especially Sundog Stance.

The Demented One
2009-03-25, 03:13 PM
for 3 motes, you get to burn their willpower, or force them to be ineffective?
Now, granted, I don't have that many books, but I haven't seen any other melee-based charms that allow you to to force your opponent to spend willpower or be your bitch, that's a social combat thing.

That being said, I like the idea, it's *different* and different is good, it's the whole reason to create new charms, afterall, however, I think this one is a bit too good...

With it's low requirements (Melee 3, Essence 2, 1 prereq charm) that might be a bit much, if you separated the illusion and the doubling-parry into 2 different charms, it'd be much more in-line with the charm creation guidelines, you could use them separtly (simply being a parry-mad-man) or easily scare extras (only creating an illusion, as you probably block anyway) but to do both would require a combo. Finally, I'd suggest that you add the catch: "Targets with an essence greater than the character's are immune to the illusion effect" as entities with a greater command of Essence than the character are unlikely to be hoodwinked into believing a perfect defense exists, or being unable to see the impact they have on the character.
I've taken out the doubled Parry DV (which was really accessory to the point of this Charm, any way) and added in an Awareness roll to overcome the illusion, which prevents it from being auto-Willpower burn. I've also made it so that once an enemy overcomes the illusion, they're immune to it for the rest of the scene. Hopefully that fixes it up.

This one might actually be *underpowered*. You're essentially "Committing" 20 motes in order to get 4+ dice to parry pools. You'd only need to actually commit 8 motes with infinite Melee mastery to do that and more. So, even if you "draw" 2 swords to use as paired blades, you've still payed 10m for a 2-dice parry bonus... It gets slightly better as your essence goes up, but, at essence 5 (or 6, or 10), what's another +5 dice to your dv? You've probably got a base DV that's high enough for just about anything that's blockable anyway.

Now, sure, if you get unarmed, you can drop a die of bonus into a sword, but you're already paying the WP for GSS anyway, so all's fair, a reflexive action instead of a misc action is a nice bonus for GSS,
I've overhauled the first part of this Charm–the wings now grant a reserve of extra stunt dice you can add to Melee rolls, not bonus Parry DV. Hopefully this works a bit better.

So a starting character can have minimum damage 8 (5 melee, +3 spec) for each and every attack in a flurry? uhh... that's crazy nasty. Most charms that increase your minimum damage do so by, say, 1 (Lunar's Claws of the Silver Moon is one such example) I'd suggest not letting specialties apply, for starts. Then it's not too insane, still crazy good though. Minimum damage 5 is great, but can be achieved other ways (Grand Goremaul)
A reaper-Dailklave is godly with this charm, Rate of 3 (4 if you use certain Magical Metals) and a flurry-charm could mean an easy 3/4 hits, each rolling at least 5dmg, and this would be available to a starting character. Ouch.
I've dropped the specialties as you suggested, and upped the minimum Essence to 4. Hopefully that'll make it a bit less abusive.

Also, as a general rule, I'm not a fan of charms that eventually become totally worthless. Granted, as written, this wouldn't become totally worthless until Essence 8, but why should a charm ever be useless?
Keep in mind that, past Essence 5, you can raise your attributes up to more than 5, so this Charm really would only ever become irrelevant at Essence 10...and does anyone honestly play at Essence 10?

I see what you're trying to do with this, It looks like you're basically saying "Like Iron Whirlwind BUT less accurate, and more defense"
This has potential abuse. 2 moonsilver short-daiklaves, for example, would net someone a +6 defense bonus. pretty gnarly, but Serp Staffs give 5, so is that really so terrible? The problem comes from your other charm in the set, Apoteosis, wherein a character could have 2 +5 defence sabers being dual-wielded, drawing them as a non-charm use reflexive action, and still have even more bonus parry dice from wings, and, from your first charm, potentially doubling these. How many parry DV dice should a character really be able to get? How many different charms to they really need to add dice to their parry DV? I Get it, you really, really like parrying, and these charms are designed to have some synergy with each other, but man...
Not so much like Iron Whirlwind; it's a scenelong. Iron Whirlwind obviates the penalty reduction from this, yes, but that's not really the point. Also, hopefully, with IMR and GSA no longer helping your Parry DV, the synergy's been broken up some (I honestly didn't mean for that to happen).

GSS is already at speed 3, making the Conviction virtue pretty much worthless. I'd take Piercing away from Valor (Why does valor get 2 choices?) and replace Conviction's with piercing.

Did this.

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-25, 03:15 PM
These seem to be some pretty awesome Craft charms, considering all of them are based on Melee.

The Demented One
2009-03-25, 03:17 PM
These seem to be some pretty awesome Craft charms, considering all of them are based on Melee.
Umm...Think I could use Impossible Majesty Rebuke to parry your social attack and edit the thread title without you remembering?

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-25, 03:19 PM
I still eagerly await the Mastering the Golden Document (Bureaucracy), Mastering the Golden Helm (Sail) and Mastering the Golden Shadow (Stealth) compendiums.

Even Linguistics gets more love than those three.

The Demented One
2009-03-25, 03:21 PM
I still eagerly await the Mastering the Golden Document (Bureaucracy), Mastering the Golden Helm (Sail) and Mastering the Golden Shadow (Stealth) compendiums.

Even Linguistics gets more love than those three.
Ooh, the Bureaucracy one is gonna be fun. Economics fu!

The Demented One
2009-03-29, 01:00 AM
Edited Sundog Stance; it now removes offhand penalties.

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-29, 05:30 AM
As always, needs Abyssal mirrors.

The Demented One
2009-03-29, 12:02 PM
As always, needs Abyssal mirrors.
Invincible Horror Abomination
Keywords: Combo-OK, Illusion, Obvious, Mirror (Impossible Majesty Rebuke)
Duration: One Scene (see text)
Prerequisite Charms: Vengeful Riposte

The servants of the Neverborn do not fall in battle. Their dread might is such that blades shatter on their skin, arrows swerve lest they strike them, and even the mightiest war-magics fail against their prowess...and when their actual might cannot put proof to this supposed invulnerability, they can overwhelm their foes with such unspeakable horror that they seem invincible. Weaving a facade from their enemies' worst fears and nightmares, they seem to become untouchable, all attacks failing against them.

Exile from Heaven
Cost: 15m, 1 wp
Keywords: Combo-OK, Emotion, Obvious, Mirror (Golden Seraph Apotheosis)
Prerequisite Charms: Death-Deflecting Technique, Resplendent Shadow Blade

The deathknights are mockeries of the Solar Exalted, dark reflections of Heaven's own champions. By perverting what little remains of Sol Invictus in the shard of their exaltation, they can become avatars of death and destruction, nemeses to the Lawgivers. The wings formed by this Charm are shadowy or skeletal vestiges, and become Resplendent Shadow Blades when drawn.

Ordained Exhumation of Ten Thousand Graves
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Raindrops Fell the Mountain Onslaught)
Prerequisite Charms: Time-Scything Technique

Just as the mightiest of heroes must eventually die, and the greatest works of mankind must inevitably some day fade into dust, so to do the foes of the Abyssal Exalted have no other path than death. Blow by agonizing blow, a deathknight can raze his foe's defenses, slowly weakening and finally killing him.

Suicide of Twin Lovers Revenge
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Sundog Stance)
Prerequisite Charms: Unfurling Iron Lotus

Before their Black Exaltation, the deathknights were but mortal, weak and prone to the weaknesses of their kind–injury, sickness, death, but worst of all, that of love. But in their unholy apotheosis, they burned away all traces of that love, and now fight all the more viciously for it. Those who have internalized the corpse-precepts of the Suicide of Twin Lovers Revenge bear two blades–one to smite down their foes; one to slay their past life's lover should they ever meet.

When ice and snow choke the air, the light of the sun is mirrored and refracted, giving birth to sundogs–illusory suns hanging in the sky. So too do the Chosen of the Sun wield what seems like an entire arsenal of blades, their whirling steel choking the air. This Charm reduces all multiple action penalties you take when flurrying an attack with two weapons by your Essence, and allows you to ignore offhand penalties. In addition, while wielding two weapons, you add the defense score of both to your dice pool for determining your Parry DV.

horngeek
2009-03-30, 10:45 PM
Um, okay, but what do the Abyssal versions actually do?

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-31, 05:07 AM
Unless stated otherwise, the same thing as their mirrors.

horngeek
2009-03-31, 10:55 PM
Ooooohhhh...

Now I see.