PDA

View Full Version : Indy's UK Tour 2009

Indurain
2009-04-01, 12:36 AM
That's right. Lock up the children, the nudist is crossing the pond.

Sometime this fall, (date still to be set) I will be visiting my land of my heritage, Scotland.

While there I'd love the chance to meet some playgrounders, if only for an afternoon (evenings would also suffice).

It's not likely I'll be leaving Scotland, but if you are anywhere near a major Scotish city, and would like to meet the nakedest man on GitP, than leave a message with where you live/would like to meet...and I'm going to do what I can to fit it into my itinerary.

(Librarian...you're #1 on my list...if you even still come to the forum)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-01, 12:45 AM
Is our emperor sure that he can't make say...a detour via london and the Netherlands/lowlands?

Felixaar
2009-04-01, 01:41 AM
Aww, Indy, you're going in the wrong direction! You want to come down here, work on that nudist tan of yours! Ah...

Have fun, dude. Enjoy them kilts, I hear they're about as close to naked as you can get whilst still wearing clothes.

KuReshtin
2009-04-01, 02:53 PM
Not sure how many of us are actually located in Scotland.
I'm about an hour's drive from Glasgow and could probably set aside an afternoon or so to go have a pint or three.

Kantur
2009-04-01, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I suspect there'll be relatively few of us here from Scotland...But I'm sure The Librarian would happily travel up to see you, when I next see her online I'll point her to the thread.

However, unless it's rediculously early in autumn, I should be in Stirling for the most part, but can easily get to Edinburgh or Glasgow for the day. And even if it is rediculously early Autumn, I should still easily be able to get to either. :smallwink:

Archonic Energy
2009-04-02, 05:02 AM
give me a date & a city, i don't mind the travel...

bosssmiley
2009-04-02, 05:22 AM
Swarming hamishes *and* invading foreign nudists? Definitely time to start shoring up the wall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian%27s_Wall) methinks... :smalltongue:

Have fun in Scotland Indurian. I understand that the weather there will have been lovely for the whole week before you arrive. :smallconfused:

The_Librarian
2009-04-02, 02:28 PM
(Librarian...you're #1 on my list...if you even still come to the forum)

I don't, but I have a network of spies good friend who does :smallcool:

There is a slight problem though: they won't let Greeny across the border. Something to do with a clash of epic proportions (green fur and tartan anyone? so bad it's DEADLY)

p.s. Carlisle's only just across the border... how does that sound?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-04-04, 03:45 PM
ROCK ON, my naked friend. I'm sooo jealous.

KuReshtin
2009-04-05, 05:57 PM
give me a date & a city, i don't mind the travel...

I actually highlighted your reply, AE, just to see if you'd whitetexted that you'd not mind the travel 'as long as it's within the Greater London area'...

If need be, I'll do some looking around for hotels or other accomodation for you guys that decide to travel up.

Frojoe21
2009-04-06, 02:09 AM
If you can, make the trip to go hang out with Indy. When I was in Toronto last year I got to hang out with him for a couple of hours. Dude is awesome, aside from his awful taste in music (Shatner? Seriously?).

Charity
2009-04-06, 04:44 AM
Psst, Indy we call it Autumn.

There is a slight problem though: they won't let Greeny across the border. Something to do with a clash of epic proportions (green fur and tartan anyone? so bad it's DEADLY)

Never heard of the Blackwatch then Libris?

Archie, I may be persuaded to drag my ever expanding ass up there, so give me a call a bit nearer the time if you wanna lift... I might not, but its worth the call matey.

I may even have finished decorating by then... seems unlikely...

Archonic Energy
2009-04-06, 10:52 AM
I actually highlighted your reply, AE, just to see if you'd whitetexted that you'd not mind the travel 'as long as it's within the Greater London area'...

I must Confess I WAS tempted to say that, but it would have been too counter-productive, although now i've shown my genuine intrest i can mention London as many times as i wish :smallamused:
Where's LR33 when you need him!
LONDON

Psst, Indy we call it Autumn.
Yes... yes we do! although the Scots call it "Less-cold Winter" :smalltongue:
LONDON

Archie, I may be persuaded to drag my ever expanding ass up there, so give me a call a bit nearer the time if you wanna lift... I might not, but its worth the call matey.

I may even have finished decorating by then... seems unlikely...
LONDON
Well i'll try to persuade you later then... Especially if the "summer 09" meet falls through. *sigh*
Well you said it, there'll always be decorationg to do.
LONDON
I still haven't worked out my dates for my trip to the Colonies...

Indurain
2009-04-07, 07:07 PM
I don't, but I have a network of spies good friend who does :smallcool:

p.s. Carlisle's only just across the border... how does that sound?

I'm sure there's a way I can sneak across the border for an afternoon, if it meant meeting Libris and Greeny.

Since details are, at-best, sketchy right now, I don't have much more information, but I'll be posting dates/times as I know them.

Libris, we'll need to find a better way to keep you in the loop, other than an extensive spy network.

(And Frojoe...I still stand behind my unfettered love of all things Shatner!)

Thes Hunter
2009-04-07, 10:22 PM
Gah! If only I wasn't going to be studying, I'd totally want to go too!

But too much studying....

I still want to just show up to one of the UK meetups unannounced. That would be a blast. :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2009-04-08, 02:59 PM
awwww....fun! I wanna come! However, I shall have no money and a new baby. :smallfrown:

banjo1985
2009-04-09, 04:11 AM
Hmmm, north of the border is quite a trek for me, but I potentially could manage it. It would be worth it for a few beers with the epic nekkid-man! I'll keep an eye on this thread and monitor what my chances are.