PDA

View Full Version : Statting an Indy-like character?

E_Samurai
2009-04-01, 10:29 AM
How would you stat Indiana Jones?

I'm about to enter a campaign with a dwarf character based in part off Indy (with muttonchops, a pith helmet, and a stiff British upper lip). The Factotum class looks particularly intriguing, and I think would be a good fit, but I'm still searching for good feats and multi-classing opportunities. Any ideas?

Neithan
2009-04-01, 10:38 AM
I would go for Rogue with a couple of levels in either ranger of fighter. But not too much of either, with rogue as the primary class.

hiryuu
2009-04-01, 10:56 AM
Yeah. Rogue + Improved Unarmed Strike (for the sucker-punch), with a little bit of Factotum thrown in.

Lorien077
2009-04-02, 09:34 PM
If you can aim for the Extreme Adventurer PrC from Eberron (I may have the name slightly wrong). Its pretty much Indy to a T, but I think you need action points.

Flickerdart
2009-04-02, 09:36 PM
Dip at least one level of Bard for EWP: Whip instead of wasting a feat on it.

Human Paragon 3
2009-04-02, 11:17 PM
Dip at least one level of Bard

Perform: Archeology Lecture

wykydtron
2009-04-02, 11:55 PM
Dude, deffinitely need a Hat of Disguise, as you can make it look (or yourself for that matter) look exactly like his hat.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Disguise_Self

chiasaur11
2009-04-03, 12:19 AM
I remember someone suggested Factotem once. Could work, with the rogue abilities and skills and such.

And hat of disguise? Man's okay at blending and all, but not that good.

Better to make the hat just give some nifty skill or Cha boosts.

ErrantX
2009-04-03, 01:19 AM
Rogue or Bard with some ranger or scout mixed in for the outdoorsy stuff. Take the Education feat (Eberron Campaign Setting) to get the Knowledges that Indy absolutely has to have. Bard would have the handiness of Bardic Knowledge would circumvent the need for the Education feat, as well as all knowledges in class (and free whip proficiency, plus bard spells are nice). The Extreme Explorer in the Eberron Campaign setting would do you some good as well. I personally despise Factotum and generally ignore any thread where that class is even mentioned, but meh. That's what Bard's for dangit :P

In the end, Bard and Ranger or Scout and go Extreme Explorer (this class only works if you're using Action Points). Otherwise, classes like Dungeon Delver and Exemplar may be good choices.

-X

P.S. This thread really belongs on the general gaming forum as well. :smallredface:

SilentNight
2009-04-03, 08:45 AM
Pick up the relic hunter feat from Dragon magazine as well, gives you a free search check anytime you come within 5 or 10ft. (can't remember) of an object worth more than 1,000gp.