PDA

View Full Version : [flaw]Supernatural Stricture

Winged One
2006-08-22, 07:19 PM
Supernatural Stricture[flaw]
You are a supernatural creature and therefore subject to several laws that would normally be mere superstition.
Prerequisite: sorcerer level 1st or warlock level 1st or favored soul level 1st, may only be taken at 1st level
Effect: Choose two strictures from the following list of examples, or your DM may invent some as they like. You may not violate any of them under any circumstances(if they pertain to your own behavior) or they are true for you(if they discuss ways that you and the world affect one another).
You may not enter a home without an invitation. Vampires or other creatures already incapable of doing so may not choose this stricture. You must choose a random way to go at a crossroads unless somebody tells you the way. Your presence causes domestic animals to panic. Undead, abberations, or anything else that already has the potential to cause domestic animals to panic from their presence may not choose this stricture. You cannot set foot on sacred or profane(choose one) ground. The area of a Concecrate or Hallow spell counts as sacred ground for this purpose, and the area of a Desecrate or Unhallow spell counts as profane ground. You may choose this stricture twice and be barred from both sacred and profane ground. You may not choose this stricture if you already take a penalty on sacred or profane ground. You are affected by Protection and Magic Circle spells as if you were a summoned creature, and could also be bound by a Magic Circle spell as if you were a called creature as well, if caught while asleep, unconcious, or otherwise considered willing. Outsiders or elementals may not choose this stricture. You cannot bear the touch of a divine spellcaster and must flinch away from them, forcing them to make a melee touch attack to deliver touch-range spells. Favored souls or other divine casters may not choose this stricture. Any promise you make affects you as a geas.
A DM may create other strictures as they choose, and a player may submit other strictures to the DM for aproval. Strictures shouldn't endanger your life except in unusual circumstances, but they should be memorable to anybody who witnesses it. A character with this flaw radiates magic(see Detect Magic) as a magic item with their caster level(all schools). At DM discression, other classes then the ones listed may take this flaw.
---
Inspired by the warlock entry in the PHB2. I read over the rules of posting and I think that it doesn't forbid this, but if I'm wrong, I'll understand if this topic gets moved to The Dump.

Ideas for more strictures are welcome.

martyboy74
2006-08-22, 07:29 PM
You do realize that for the divine one, you suppress the stricture for long enough to be touched, and then re-activate it. Woo, you have a useless stricture.

Winged One
2006-08-22, 07:35 PM
You do realize that for the divine one, you suppress the stricture for long enough to be touched, and then re-activate it. Woo, you have a useless stricture.
Oops. There, changed it into yet another stricture that the 5-stricture version doesn't allow. I really need more strictures that it does allow.

The Demented One
2006-08-22, 09:30 PM
Oops. There, changed it into yet another stricture that the 5-stricture version doesn't allow. I really need more strictures that it does allow.
Maybe just eliminate it altogether? Bypassing flaws kind of degrades them, even with penalties. Neat feat, regardless.

Winged One
2006-08-22, 10:35 PM
You're right, I'll drop the 5-stricture version, but I'm going to add a note that a DM may, at their discression, allow it as a varient rule.

EDIT: Nixed it completely and added another stricture.

Fredderf
2006-08-27, 12:47 PM
I like the idea of this. Its flavorful and awesome. Although I am not familiar with the favored soul class I think I may use this at some point for a warlock.