PDA

View Full Version : Just a Little Kiss...

Peregrine
2006-06-13, 04:55 PM
Kiss of Seduction
Enchantment (Charm) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V (Brd only), S
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Touch
Target: One living creature
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell affects its subject through a single, lingering kiss. The subject must be unresisting (helpless or willing), although it need not be aware of the magical nature of the kiss. The caster needs one hand free, as normal for spells with somatic components, with which to touch or embrace the subject. Only bards need supply a verbal component, usually woven into a short poem or tune. Though not strictly limited to humanoid subjects, the caster must be practically capable (and willing!) of engaging in a passionate mouth-to-mouth kiss with the subject.

At the end of the spell, the subject becomes infatuated with the caster (treat the subject's attitude as friendly). The subject receives a +4 bonus on its saving throw if such an infatuation would go against its normal romantic inclinations (gender, species, etc., or violating personal morals such as monogamy); however, if the caster is closer to the subject's preferred idea of a mate, the subject may become helpful instead. The spell otherwise functions as charm monster.

Kiss of Forgetfulness
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 3, Sor/Wiz 4
Duration: Instantaneous

As kiss of seduction, except the subject forgets up to 5 minutes of memories, as the spell modify memory (but only the 'eliminate memory' effect).

Kiss of Weariness
Saving Throw: Will partial; see text

As kiss of seduction, except the subject falls into a deep sleep. Even if the subject succeeds on its Will save or is immune to sleep effects, it becomes fatigued for 1d4 minutes. If the subject is also immune to fatigue, the spell has no effect.

Kiss of Enthrallment
Level: Brd 5, Sor/Wiz 6

As kiss of seduction, except the caster can command the subject, as the spell dominate person. Unlike that spell, the caster must give verbal (rather than telepathic) commands, and gains no other powers over the subject (such as receiving sensory input). The subject may receive a +4 bonus on its saving throw under the same conditions described for kiss of seduction.

Kiss of Poison
Level: Asn 4, Brd 6, Sor/Wiz 6
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text

As kiss of seduction, except the subject is affected as though poisoned (1d6 Con initial and secondary damage, Will save to negate each instance). This is a mind-affecting effect, not actual poison, and so cannot be affected by mundane or magical healing. A break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish spell can remove the effect, or it can be healed naturally (assuming the subject survives).

Kiss of Madness
Level: Sor/Wiz 6

As kiss of seduction, except the subject becomes insane, as the spell insanity. Even if the subject succeeds on its Will save, it becomes confused for 1d4 rounds.

Kiss of Death
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Death, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Saving Throw: None or Reflex partial; see text.

As kiss of seduction, except the subject dies. If the subject is not helpless, it can break the kiss with a successful Reflex save, taking instead 3d6 points of damage +1 point per caster level. The subject might die from damage even if it succeeds on its saving throw.

(Edited to put PEACH in the title. Because I get a bit edgy after 30-odd views and no comments. :P)

(Edit II, to change the level of kiss of weariness, and remove the comparison to sleep since it's not magically sustained sleep, just a normal doze.)

(Edit III, 'cause I forgot the Duration line for the kiss of death.)

storybookknight
2006-06-13, 05:18 PM
Ooh. Vicious. Definitely on the Succubus Sorceror must-steal list...

Hario
2006-06-13, 05:31 PM
Oh dear... remind me the pretty 'faeries' in the woods aren't really good... because they all end up hags anyways O.o;;

Nasrudith
2006-06-13, 06:24 PM
Kiss of weariness seems too high a level and kiss of forgetfulness seems too low. Just knock out a guard, kiss them in their sleep and blam, no memmory of the event.

Peregrine
2006-06-13, 06:29 PM
Modify memory is Bard 4, and much more flexible (and easier to use). Also the guard would wake up with the physical evidence of the beating; at least modify memory could make up something to explain it.

You may be right on kiss of weariness though. :) Its one advantage over sleep and deep slumber is the lack of a hit die limit.

Edit: There, revised the level down for kiss of weariness.

tgva8889
2006-06-13, 06:35 PM
Nice. Definatly goes onto my Charm Sorcerer. Yeah, sweet-talking and all that.

n11
2006-06-13, 08:24 PM
Wizards and Sorcerers already have a lot of power. I might make these spells available only to bards (or bards and a new prestige class).

Possibly you could build a domain around these spells (cleric or an unearthed arcana domain wizard).

Bobthedwarf
2006-06-13, 08:56 PM
There cool spells and I agree that they should only be bard spells (creepy mental images of old bookish wizards) I also think that kiss of death should deal more damage on a succeded saving throw.

n11
2006-06-13, 10:09 PM
*imagines two characters casting kiss of enthrallment on each other*

Two characters waiting for orders from each other until the durations end.

Other amusing combinations are out there.

But how could you miss the Kiss of Dispelling from fairy tale lore (prerequisite: character must be named "prince charming") ;D

Peregrine
2006-06-14, 03:58 AM
Wizards and Sorcerers already have a lot of power. I might make these spells available only to bards (or bards and a new prestige class).

Possibly you could build a domain around these spells (cleric or an unearthed arcana domain wizard).
Some good ideas. I admit, I had an enchantress sort of character in mind while I wrote the spells, and it's only wizards who'd pick up the whole set anyway. They're too weak in the combat arena -- I can see sorcerers picking up one, maybe two, as a kind of signature spell for urban missions. Bards would be in the same boat, although they're not so pressured to spend spells known on damage dealers rather than utilities.

A prestige class, though, now that's a thought I've been wandering down myself. As is the idea of a metamagic feat... if I'm going to keep making kiss spells (like your kiss of dispelling -- a very good idea, but breaks the enchantment* mould the others fall into) that are modelled on existing spells, why not just turn it into a new method of delivery? An item creation feat (Imbue Lipstick?) would also fit the bill there.

There cool spells and I agree that they should only be bard spells (creepy mental images of old bookish wizards) I also think that kiss of death should deal more damage on a succeded saving throw.
It's the same amount of damage as finger of death, only without the level cap. First I made it Will save, and umm'd and ahh'd over whether to make it partial or negates; then I made it no save, like power word: kill, but that would be too much, so I made it a Reflex partial, and only for subjects able to move. And I wasn't too worried about the damage; there are much more definitive ways to kill someone if you want to be sure of the outcome. This spell has style and sneakiness. ;)

* Pun completely not intended.

Voyager_I
2006-06-14, 04:31 AM
Kiss of Legal Consent?

tgva8889
2006-06-14, 09:49 AM
If you're making a Prestige Class, maybe Enchantress would be a good working title. I can imagine them getting these spells as bonus additions to their lists (making a Sorcerer an optimal choice) along with full caster all the way.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-06-14, 09:54 AM
Yoinked.

This is absolutely perfect for around 33% of my characters.
You have my thanks.

As to the crunchiness; seems about balanced to me.
With the changes you've already made, I've no complaints.

Peregrine
2006-06-14, 12:50 PM
Aww, thanks Shiny. :D

TGVA, the problem with a PrC like that is that, with full progression and bonus spells, and requirements that would align with a Charisma character anyway, why wouldn't a sorcerer take it? (Answer: because they want another PrC that also gives full progression and benefits. ::) I know it's an existing problem, I just don't want to add to it...)

Plus I've got some pretty cool features in mind, like blowing kisses... :-*

Skelengar
2007-09-25, 08:41 AM
Sounds good, the kiss of poison kind of reminds me of Poison Ivy in Batman and Robin.

The only problem is that I don't see any advantages to these spells over their more conventional equivalent, other than flavor. The conventional equivalent of the spells are easier to execute, and thus are more versatile. Even so, I think you should make a prestige class on it.

Mr. Moogle
2007-09-25, 09:03 AM
*Immagines mindflayer using these spells*

JackMage666
2007-09-25, 10:32 AM
Some other ideas,
Freezing Kiss (Paralyzes, as Hold Person)
Kiss of Truth (Acts as target contained Zone of Truth)
Kiss of Detection (Detects Good/Evil/Chaos/Law, though can be blocked by Undetecable Alignment, ect.)
Kiss of Obediance (As suggestion, but no save [somethin's gotta make it special])
Speaker's Kiss (Enables telepathic link between caster and target)
Kiss of Health (Transfers HP from Caster to Subject)
Kiss of Good Faith (Grants bonuses to Saves, Attack, and Damage rolls)
Kiss of Life (Ressurect target, but caster sacrifices himself [possibly 1d8 damage per HD of target, so it doesn't always kill all the way, but it's a good chance])
Kiss of Travel (As teleport, affecting on caster and target)
Kiss of the Fool (Subject takes Int, Cha, and Wis damage, as Touch of Idiocy)

I'm sure I could think of more...

Makes me want to play a Kissin' Sorcerer.

Kurald Galain
2007-09-25, 11:52 AM
Isn't this from the old D&D Netbook of Sex?

Randel
2007-09-25, 04:03 PM
Should have one that removes curses, particularly Dire Polymorph.

Mewtarthio
2007-09-25, 04:16 PM
Nah, stick with the seduction. In the fairy tales, Prince Charming himself never has magic (beyond magic items); the curse is just vulnerable to kissing (or else the Power of LoveTM breaks the spell). On the other hand, mental domination and/or harming others through seduction falls nicely into the purview of villians who are at the very least supernatural in nature.

As a side note, I feel that the Charm effect should last a bit longer, if only so that people have an excuse to go through the trouble of using Kiss of Seduction rather than Charm Person (besides the fact that KoS is decidedly more stylish, of course).

The Power of Love is a registered tradmark that the Walt Disney Corporation made itself! Don't steal it!

JackMage666
2007-09-25, 04:34 PM
Well, it's much more concealable to cast this, as there's no Verbal components (unless you're a bard, and in that case, yeah), so it's much more stealthy to cast, rather tha actual charm person. But, you have to get them willing, and be in touch range, so it's a bit more difficult to pull off.

Also, all these should be places on the Beguiler spell list.

Mewtarthio
2007-09-25, 05:02 PM
Well, it's much more concealable to cast this, as there's no Verbal components (unless you're a bard, and in that case, yeah), so it's much more stealthy to cast, rather tha actual charm person. But, you have to get them willing, and be in touch range, so it's a bit more difficult to pull off.

True, there is that. I just feel that, if they go through all the trouble to seduce someone, they should probably get some benefit besides "Nobody knows you've enchanted the target." After all, if you're kissing someone in public, odds are you're at least on good terms (if you get the target someplace private, you can probably just use charm person, and if you opt for the helpless target option, everyone around you will likely already know the target's not really attracted to you).

Kai-Palin
2007-09-25, 06:18 PM
I don't know where this would fall, and its not exactly a kiss, but while we're doing romancy (blanket category for all kiss spells, eh?) maybe you could include something like Drowning Gaze. It would function like the drown spell, except not so obvious (they don't gush water from their orifices, etc.) with a range of about 10 or 15 feet (close enough to gaze soulfully into their eyes). It would be a gaze attack. I got this idea from the one romance novel I half-read. "And she drowned in his gaze," now wouldn't that be funny if it were literal.

Skelengar
2007-09-25, 06:26 PM
And if they're going to let you kiss them, there's probably no reason to cast the spell.

DanielLC
2007-09-25, 07:04 PM
Kiss of Weariness

As kiss of seduction, except the subject falls into a deep sleep. Even if the subject succeeds on its Will save or is immune to sleep effects, it becomes fatigued for 1d4 minutes. If the subject is also immune to fatigue, the spell has no effect.

Gives a whole new meaning to good-night kiss.

Peregrine
2007-09-26, 11:24 AM
Wow, how did you dig this one up? Has somebody been looking through my sig links or something?

Sounds good, the kiss of poison kind of reminds me of Poison Ivy in Batman and Robin.

The only problem is that I don't see any advantages to these spells over their more conventional equivalent, other than flavor. The conventional equivalent of the spells are easier to execute, and thus are more versatile. Even so, I think you should make a prestige class on it.

Hmm... you do have a point... maybe I need to come up with a bit of extra kick for each one. Kiss spells, mk II. :smallamused:

*Immagines mindflayer using these spells*

You're a disturbed individual. Did you have to disturb the rest of us too?

...now you've got me imagining using them against a mind flayer. I knew that "doesn't have to be humanoid" clause would come back to haunt me...

Some other ideas,
Freezing Kiss (Paralyzes, as Hold Person)
Kiss of Truth (Acts as target contained Zone of Truth)
Kiss of Detection (Detects Good/Evil/Chaos/Law, though can be blocked by Undetecable Alignment, ect.)
Kiss of Obediance (As suggestion, but no save [somethin's gotta make it special])
Speaker's Kiss (Enables telepathic link between caster and target)
Kiss of Health (Transfers HP from Caster to Subject)
Kiss of Good Faith (Grants bonuses to Saves, Attack, and Damage rolls)
Kiss of Life (Ressurect target, but caster sacrifices himself [possibly 1d8 damage per HD of target, so it doesn't always kill all the way, but it's a good chance])
Kiss of Travel (As teleport, affecting on caster and target)
Kiss of the Fool (Subject takes Int, Cha, and Wis damage, as Touch of Idiocy)

I'm sure I could think of more...

Makes me want to play a Kissin' Sorcerer.

I've thought of a few like that... I particularly favour those that remain in the enchantment school, just 'cause.

But then, as I said earlier, if you're going to keep expanding the idea in this vein, it may as well just be metamagic or something. Or an alternative delivery method, like... oh what's it called... Earthbound Spell? Or like an item creation feat (except that lends itself more to crafting magic lipsticks :smalltongue:).

Isn't this from the old D&D Netbook of Sex?

...nnnnnoooooo... I don't know what online splatbooks you've been browsing, but this here's just my humble stuff, never been in any Netbook of Sex. Thankfully.

As a side note, I feel that the Charm effect should last a bit longer, if only so that people have an excuse to go through the trouble of using Kiss of Seduction rather than Charm Person (besides the fact that KoS is decidedly more stylish, of course).

Quite likely. Though it does have the advantage of working like charm monster rather than charm person. Charming a nymph with a kiss? That's something to boast about. :smallwink:

Also, all these should be places on the Beguiler spell list.

Beguiler's not OGL (nor is it in my collection of books), so it won't make the official listing, but feel free to make your own list of where to place them!

True, there is that. I just feel that, if they go through all the trouble to seduce someone, they should probably get some benefit besides "Nobody knows you've enchanted the target." After all, if you're kissing someone in public, odds are you're at least on good terms (if you get the target someplace private, you can probably just use charm person, and if you opt for the helpless target option, everyone around you will likely already know the target's not really attracted to you).

Okay, definitely thinking I need to kick these up a notch.

I don't know where this would fall, and its not exactly a kiss, but while we're doing romancy (blanket category for all kiss spells, eh?) maybe you could include something like Drowning Gaze. It would function like the drown spell, except not so obvious (they don't gush water from their orifices, etc.) with a range of about 10 or 15 feet (close enough to gaze soulfully into their eyes). It would be a gaze attack. I got this idea from the one romance novel I half-read. "And she drowned in his gaze," now wouldn't that be funny if it were literal.

Hrmmm...

Gives a whole new meaning to good-night kiss.

For a moment there, I was thinking, "Hey, yeah, use this to put the kids to bed."

Then I remembered the clause about how exactly the spell must be delivered.

First the mind flayers, now this. Excuse me while I invent a spell to scrub my brain.

Vaynor
2007-09-26, 12:03 PM
Blow a Kiss

Prerequisite: Ability to cast at least three kiss spells.
Benefit: You can now blow your kisses, increasing the range from touch to 10 feet. Kiss spells may now be cast on any flat-footed or otherwise helpless target within range if the target is aware of the magical nature, otherwise it may be used on any creature within ten feet (following normal kiss guidelines for creature type).
Normal: Kiss spells are cast as a touch spell.

Skelengar
2007-09-26, 05:46 PM
How does a bard make verbal components while kissing?

Mewtarthio
2007-09-26, 07:03 PM
Blow a Kiss

Prerequisite: Ability to cast at least one kiss spell.
Benefit: You can now blow your kisses, increasing the range from touch to 10 feet. Kiss spells may now be cast on any flat-footed or otherwise helpless target within range if the target is aware of the magical nature, otherwise it may be used on any creature within ten feet (following normal kiss guidelines for creature type).
Normal: Kiss spells are cast as a touch spell.

So, a spell that's designed to be cast as a touch spell on a willing or helpless target can now be used with a range of ten feet on any target simply caught off-guard?

Also, the flavor's wrong. There's no seduction involved to lure your target in.

Disguise Spell (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Disguise_Spell,all). Recite a brief poem or compose a few bars extolling the lady's virtue (ostensibly to flatter her), then move in for the spell.

And if they're going to let you kiss them, there's probably no reason to cast the spell.

I can think of a few times it'd be helpful:

The caster has approached the mark disguised as a prostitute or something similar
The caster and the target are actors, allowing this to be disguised as a stage kiss
The game is running Rich's Diplomacy variant (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/jFppYwv7OUkegKhONNF.html), in which there are several levels of friendliness before "Friendly," meaning that "Friendly" means more than just "likes the caster"
The target is a shameless philanderer who is easily seduced
The caster is impersonating a lover of the target
The caster is a heartless, manipulative bastard who's willing to enchant his own friends to save the trouble of treating them nicely
The caster has reason to believe that, within the next [caster level] hours, events will occur that may shake the target's loyalty
The caster has already magically charmed the target and wishes to subtly renew the spell's duration
It's New Year's Eve

Of course, in all of the above situations, a Telepath would do just as well by simply suppressing the display as he manifests psionic charm on the target, but it's not fair to compare psionic mind control with magical manipulation.

As a side note, I just learned that my spell checker doesn't recognize the word "spell's."

Vaynor
2007-09-26, 07:31 PM
Well, see, there's no point to the ranged feat if you don't have to be helpless. Maybe I'll make it require like three of the kiss spells...

EDIT: Also, if the target is unwilling of the kiss, but does not actively know it is coming, it would be harder to resist. Think of it as a sneak attack for kissing.

Peregrine
2007-09-27, 03:43 AM

Imagine it however you like. The spell takes a round to cast, so it could be a couple of words for the verbal component and then five seconds of kissing. Or the verbal component could be "mm-mm-mmffmmff-mmmmm". :smallwink:

Even if it's the former, and even if you're not using Disguise Spell, the verbal component probably sounds dashingly sexy. Kind of like speaking random snatches of French to someone who doesn't speak the language. If they don't have ranks in Spellcraft, you're set!

Mr. Moogle
2007-09-27, 08:49 AM
By the way Peregrine, I'm sorry if i warped your mind with my antics. It seems to happen quite frequently of late.

Skelengar
2007-09-28, 08:22 AM
Could a succubus combine these spells with her energy drain kiss?

smart thog
2007-09-28, 04:21 PM
Could a succubus combine these spells with her energy drain kiss?

Yes, I think. Kissing is supposed to be a free action, as the spell said. So if you get kissed by a succubus spell caster, you are facing, energy drain, the spell, and a suggestion to see if you want another kiss. Very deadly. Hey Malcanthet, add Peregrine's spells to your spell like abilities list.