PDA

View Full Version : The Young Ones

Boo
2009-04-09, 11:54 PM
I never saw much of the show, The Young Ones, but I enjoyed it whenever I did. It's not something I'd recommend to everyone, but it has this strange sense of humour that makes me laugh... I don't really know where I'm going with this...

Well, I liked it for what it was. Rik Mayall was probably my favourite character in it simply because he was the most outrageous.

It's strange how many people are attracted to shows like this. So absurd, so... awful? I suppose it was, but in a fun sort of way.

Does anyone else here like it?

Thrud
2009-04-10, 01:01 AM
VIVIAN, WHERE'D YOU GET THAT HOWITZER!

I found it.

:smallbiggrin:

Heh, I love the Young Ones. I remember watching them as they came out in the 80's. Man they were twisted. It is a pity there were so few of them. I think there was a grand total of 8 or 10 episodes. Each season was only 4 or 5 episodes long. There is a DVD boxed set out now, that I think I need to get. I literally haven't seen the show in about 20 years.

TheBST
2009-04-10, 01:15 AM
...they showed The Young Ones abroad?

Wow, much as I love all it's shambolic glory I never thought the show had that kind of appeal.

Thrud
2009-04-10, 01:28 AM

Wow, much as I love all it's shambolic glory I never thought the show had that kind of appeal.

I have no idea. I grew up in England and watched 'em there.

Jimor
2009-04-10, 01:55 AM

MTV used to play it, back in the days when a regular show without music videos was a rare thing for them. The guest musical performances were the justification, and those were some classics all by themselves.

Awesome show. NO idea was too absurd for it.

Boo
2009-04-10, 02:06 AM

What's so odd about North America getting BBC?

Ghastly Epigram
2009-04-10, 02:58 AM
Been a while since I have seen it, but it was definitely good fun. :smallcool:

Tom_Violence
2009-04-10, 05:08 AM
Pollution, all around.
Sometimes up.
Sometimes down.
Pollution, are you coming to my town?
Or am I coming to yours?
We're on different buses, pollution,
but we're both using petrol!

All hail The People's Poet!

Narmoth
2009-04-10, 05:25 AM
That's nothing. They were shoved in Norway as well. And not that long ago either. Late 90s I think

bosssmiley
2009-04-11, 05:29 AM
Vyvyan: Ecco homo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmxRdx7HMME)

"Mike, did you know Buddy Holly is in our attic?"
"Oh yeah. He parachuted in there in 1957. Been eating spiders ever since."

♪ It's a funny feeling
Hanging from the ceiling
Living on a diet of Bu-uh-ugs. ♫

And, the greatest hamster in the history of television: Special Patrol Group. :smallbiggrin:

MattR
2009-04-11, 06:03 AM
People who like The Young Ones might want to look up Bottom too if they havent seen it already.

Jimp
2009-04-11, 08:59 AM
The Young Ones was awesome.
Thus ends my contribution to this thread.