PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] Unusual Skill

Shyftir
2006-08-17, 05:43 PM
Unusual Skill
Adds one skill of your choice to your class skills list.

It's my first homebrew rule. Mostly so one of my players can be a sorceror instead of a wizard and still reach the PrC he wants to use with less than ten levels.
(I'm a new DM and learning all the wizard rules was not yet feasible, working on that now.)
But it seemed a fair trade to me. This probably already exists and I just didn't know of it.

martyboy74
2006-08-17, 05:46 PM
It seems pretty balanced.

TheOOB
2006-08-17, 05:58 PM
A slightly better feat allready exists in the SRD, orginally from Unearthed Arcana. It lets you either retain two class skills when multiclassing, or gain a new permenate class skill.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/alternativeSkillSystems.htm#skillKnowledge

Fizban
2006-08-17, 09:40 PM
And if it was a knowledge skill he needs, go with educated at 1st lv to get all knowledge skills as class skills all the time.

Matthew
2006-08-18, 06:49 AM
A slightly better feat allready exists in the SRD, orginally from Unearthed Arcana. It lets you either retain two class skills when multiclassing, or gain a new permenate class skill.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/alternativeSkillSystems.htm#skillKnowledge

That's for an alternate Skill System. Under the default rules you know all Class Skills you ever had access to. The Special function of this Feat, however, is the same as the one proposed here.

The_Shaman
2006-08-18, 08:20 AM
With knowledges I'd go for educated. It makes them all class, gives a +2 bonus to two, and is a prerequisite for one mage PrC that I unfortunately haven't seen translated to 3.5 - the harper mage.

Shyftir
2006-08-18, 10:22 AM
Yeah it was a knowlede skill, I'll tell him about that knowledge one, but I want to keep this one around it's useful for that guy who doesn't want all of the skills from another class, just that one.

Dragonmuncher
2006-08-24, 01:28 PM
I know some people play with a house rule that lets you change one class skill at 1st level.

Sometimes the rule is you can only swap for a skill that's useable untrained, or else everyone would just pick UMD.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-08-24, 09:20 PM
i know there's one feat that allows you to put two skills permenantly on your class skill list that you have ranks in. And you get a +2 bonus on checks with those skills. I like it alot, but i forget what it's called.

Spartan_Samuel
2006-08-24, 10:19 PM
Also, there's a feat called Open Mind that lets you choose 5 skills. Or is it the other way around...?

Fax Celestis
2006-08-24, 10:22 PM
Open Mind gets you five points.