PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Quirinus_Obsidian
2009-04-10, 06:09 PM
Our friends at Funimation have the first episode available for streaming @ http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=1832 ; it's subtitled for now; but when it gets released into the 'States I really hope they get the same voiceover actors they got for the last dub; they are the best.

Thrud
2009-04-10, 06:21 PM
Woot! I love FMA, it is my favorite anime.

Thanks.

*Wanders off to watch first episode*

Comet
2009-04-10, 06:23 PM
Fullmetal! Yay!
I'm really liking this new series. Never got around to reading the manga, so the story is fresh to me.

Also, I agree on the dubbing of the last series. FMA is one of the few anime I know with really good voice acting ( the other one would be Hellsing, which I actually prefer dubbed). It would be cool if they brought the same cast to brotherhood.

Berserk Monk
2009-04-10, 06:25 PM
Woot! I love FMA, it is my favorite anime.

Thanks.

*Wanders off to watch first episode*

Hells yeah! I'm about to watch it, but the damn buffering takes forever!:smallfurious:

Thrud
2009-04-10, 06:30 PM
Hells yeah! I'm about to watch it, but the damn buffering takes forever!:smallfurious:

Yeah, I'm noticing that too. Must be a lot of us trying to watch it. Hey, all of you, quit watching and let me see it first ya damn kids! Why if it weren't for my generation you punks wouldn't even have Anime. Why we used to watch em at cons and have someone hand out loose translations of what was going on because they weren't subbed or dubbed.

And we had to walk to the cons. Up hill. In the snow. Barefoot. Both ways.

*Waves cane at pesky kids.*

And get off my lawn!

:smallbiggrin:

Berserk Monk
2009-04-10, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I'm noticing that too. Must be a lot of us trying to watch it. Hey, all of you, quit watching and let me see it first ya damn kids! Why if it weren't for my generation you punks wouldn't even have Anime. Why we used to watch em at cons and have someone hand out loose translations of what was going on because they weren't subbed or dubbed.

And we had to walk to the cons. Up hill. In the snow. Barefoot. Both ways.

*Waves cane at pesky kids.*

And get off my lawn!

:smallbiggrin:

So, my generation created the Earth and half the cosmos; me, Cthulhu, Dagon, and Azathoth. Good times.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2009-04-10, 07:39 PM
I finished watching the first ep. Was cool. Very cool. It was basically dramatis personae for a lot of the characters, it had it's light moments, and was very well done. It's a great start to what promises to be a fantastic series. :biggrin:

Buffering: yeah, that irritated me, but I let it load for a bit and it was okay.

littlebottom
2009-04-10, 07:41 PM
whoa, this is kinda late isnt it? its been out since the 5th, anyway, i realy did love the bit where he uses his own blood as a weapon against ed as its part water, i thought that was cool
i dont know weather thats really spoiler worthy but still. just incase.

Reverent-One
2009-04-10, 08:42 PM
whoa, this is kinda late isnt it? its been out since the 5th

Well, it's only been up on Funimation's site since the 9th, so it's not really late.

RationalGoblin
2009-04-10, 11:02 PM
Interesting... I like the new design better then the old, though there's more slapstick moments in this new episode then in the old series. Of course, the original was the same way. Slapstick hilarity, then BAM! Drama, extremely detailed scenes, and more blood then the Freezing Alchemist could stab you with.

Speaking of the Freezing Alchemist, It's a shame he died, he was a cool character very interesting powerset.

But I haven't read the manga. So, whats the difference between the old series and this new series? I heard this one will be based more on the manga.

GolemsVoice
2009-04-11, 05:03 AM
Jay Fullmetal Alchemist! I rarely watch anime, but for FMA, I would make an exception any day.

I haven't read the mange myself, but, well, if the new series sticks more closely to the manga, well, that IS the difference to the old series, which, I've read, diverts heavily from the manga (with the drawer's approval) about midway through the serie.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2009-04-11, 05:51 AM
Interesting... I like the new design better then the old, though there's more slapstick moments in this new episode then in the old series. Of course, the original was the same way. Slapstick hilarity, then BAM! Drama, extremely detailed scenes, and more blood then the Freezing Alchemist could stab you with.

Speaking of the Freezing Alchemist, It's a shame he died, he was a cool character very interesting powerset.

But I haven't read the manga. So, whats the difference between the old series and this new series? I heard this one will be based more on the manga.

The plot, characters, in fact pretty much everything are far, far better than the first anime. Seriously, the manga is just made of pure awesomeness, and if you liked the first anime you'll love this 10x as much.

The anime took its major diversion after the first fight with Greed, but there were a lot of differences before that.

Fiery Diamond
2009-04-11, 09:24 PM
So, is this new series a "This anime is actually based off the manga" as opposed to the old "this anime is only based off the manga for a while and then just makes up its own story"?

I actually liked the old anime, to be honest. I liked it enough that I didn't bother to read the manga, which I knew was different. I also liked the movie. Personally, I could easily see a "Ed and Al in this world, allies with the gypsies, during WWII in Germany" series. That would actually be pretty cool, and was perfectly set up by the movie.

Regardless, I'm going to see this new, "more accurate" anime and determine whether I like it.

Edit: Hm, interesting first episode. I'll be looking forward to see how it goes.

thorgrim29
2009-04-13, 12:22 AM
Nice episode, liked it, though I don't remember Isaac from the manga, so I guess it was more of an exposition episode, seems next episode will be the one with the mad priest, hope they keep all the nasty bits in.

I thought Armstrong was hilarious, I didn't catch the gay undertones of the character before.

thegurullamen
2009-04-13, 12:36 AM
I liked it. It was big and fun and very indicative of FMA of old.

Also, if I didn't know anything more about the plot's plan, I would have taken the "Oh darn we missed the train to Lior" as a not-too-subtle sign that this was an entirely disparate series. It might still be an in-joke, but since the bros.'ll probably end up in Lior doing some things they did in the other series, it isn't as strong as it seems now.

thubby
2009-04-13, 02:20 AM
animemedia (http://anime-media.com/) has the second one up.

Aidan305
2009-04-13, 07:16 AM
Watched second episode, my only real comment is:

That was fast.

Comet
2009-04-13, 07:59 AM
That was fast.
And I prefer it that way.

Now, some thoughts on the latest episode

Some really great moments here. Seeing Ed and Al all beat up after the transmutation was heart wrenching. And the epic samurai training sequence afterwards was really cool.
Altough they should've shown us how Ed got his automail, since I think the painful attachment gives the metal limbs more character.

And of course we get the token "your name shall be...FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!" scene. Awesome!

Oh, the Truth was preetty damn ominous. I haven't read the manga so I don't have a clue what this guy is all about. But I thought it was a cool way for Ed to learn his super alchemy.

And next episode seems to be excactly the same as the original anime, at least judging by the trailer. Oh well.

Neko Toast
2009-04-13, 09:41 AM
Time for a little clarification.

Yes, this anime is intended to follow the manga's storyline. The original was supposed to, but a lot of the manga hadn't been released yet, so they had two options. They could pull a Naruto and release a bunch of crappy filler until more of it came out, or they could make it up as they went along. They went with option 2, and I'm glad they did. I hate filler in general, with some exceptions (episode 37 of original FMA is ****ing hilarious).

Now, I own about 7 or 8 of the manga myself, and yes, the storyline is very different. I even know of some information in the later mangas. I'll spoiler it, for those who don't want to know about the manga just yet.

The concept of homunculi is much different. They do not want to become human, in fact, they hate humans. I won't yet say how they're created, because that's a massive spoiler.

Sloth is not Ed and Al's mother. It's a very large monstrous man that's busy digging a tunnel to the North. Wrath is not a little snot-nosed brat, as far as I know so far. Wrath is actually the Fuhrer. Therefore, Pride is unknown at the moment.

Dante doesn't exist in the manga. The leader of the homunculi, and the main antagonist, is a man named Father, who oddly looks a lot like Hoenheim...

There are also a lot more characters involved, Including this Eastern nation called Xing. Characters like Ling Yao and Mei Chang become essential to the plot later.

Those are basically the big differences. There's a lot more, really.

Thormag
2009-04-13, 11:55 AM
Sloth is not Ed and Al's mother. It's a very large monstrous man that's busy digging a tunnel to the North. Wrath is not a little snot-nosed brat, as far as I know so far. Wrath is actually the Fuhrer. Therefore, Pride is unknown at the moment.

Yes, yes we do know who Pride is

MAJOR spoiler, read at your own risk

I've warned you...

It's Selim, the Fuhrer's "son"

Neko Toast
2009-04-13, 12:03 PM
Yes, yes we do know who Pride is

It's Selim, the Fuhrer's "son"

Ah. Never saw that coming. It sure explains a lot.

Anyway, I said earlier that I only owned about 7 or 8 of the mangas, and the rest I learned by ear, which wasn't a lot.

slayerx
2009-04-13, 01:22 PM
Dorian Soth, might want to note that's a MAJOR manga spoiler... just incase

Nice episode, liked it, though I don't remember Isaac from the manga, so I guess it was more of an exposition episode, seems next episode will be the one with the mad priest, hope they keep all the nasty bits in.

I thought Armstrong was hilarious, I didn't catch the gay undertones of the character before.
Issac wasn't in the manga... the first episode was pretty much a filler episode
Most likely, it was an excuse to introduce Mustang, Armstrong, Hughes and so forth so that they can skip their proper introductions

For instance, just like with the anime, in the manga, Mustang had his offical introduction after the train incident... Now that they introduced Mustang here and now, they can skip the whole train incident since nothing important happened

through grant it, i feel the introductions feel rushed when done in the manor... no tact at all... would have preferred they slowly introduce the characters; y'know, give us a chance to really let us soak it all in

And I prefer it that way.
I take the opposite stance, i find that their is something seriously lost by rushing the pacing... Without the more subtle, there's something lost

for instance some of the subtle stuff from the manga that we did not see that added a bit to the flashback

-The boys playing with their mother and showing off alchemy, and then finding her on the floor; not to mention her joking about how other alchemists would feel humiliated by Ed and Al

-Actually SHOWING how the brother's acted in class

-The boys returning from their training and showing off how their alchemy

-Ed expressing his desire to know "the truth" before the transmutation
Their master pointing out that they should never try to bring back people from the dead

-the mistake that lead Mustang to go see the Elric brothers

-Some of the dialogue during his Alchemy examination like how he nearly got disqualified for attacking the fuhrer

-Ed noticing that Mustang had no reaction to the near assassination of the fuhrer

-ending with the burning down the house scene

Aside from the last one which we will likely see later on, all these seem like very unimportant elements, but really their subtlety adds a lot to the events... Taking this stuff out is like taking several chapters from a novel and reducing the material to the cliff notes... essentially plot points with very little substance

Not including the training, this should have been 1.5-2 episodes long... and frankly, i would have included the training...

Hell i think they should have held back on this whole flashback till later on when it was SUPPOSED to happen... The very introduction of the flashback seemed to have a certain flair to it

Only part i felt that was well done in the episode is the transmutation scene and the scene with the gate... mustang confronting Ed after the insident was 'ok'... everything else was far too rushed, and i couldn't get a real good feel for what was happening

Also, the music in this new series is absolutely awesome

Thormag
2009-04-13, 06:36 PM
Dorian Soth, might want to note that's a MAJOR manga spoiler... just incase

Hence the double spoiler tags. But I'll add a warning anyway.

Tengu_temp
2009-04-13, 07:55 PM
I take the opposite stance, i find that their is something seriously lost by rushing the pacing... Without the more subtle, there's something lost

Most people prefer when the plot actually progresses, though, instead of getting a two episode long bath in exposition.

littlebottom
2009-04-13, 08:02 PM
im assuming that they did this rush of story due to the fact most people know it already? i think it was the right thing to do, but not quite that quickly, i mean they had about 6 or so eppisodes (maybe more) to explain that sort of backstory before... and so 1 seems just too little to even summarise properly what happened. ah well. i do agree they should have shown them adding the automail arm and leg, and some time before it "worked perfectly" for sure...

Zocelot
2009-04-13, 08:08 PM
Most people prefer when the plot actually progresses, though, instead of getting a two episode long bath in exposition.

Personally, I'd rather have something in the middle. I like the overeaching plot to take a long time to develop, but the episodic plot to develop quickly.

Rogue 7
2009-04-13, 08:13 PM
Honestly, I'd far prefer the flashback to Ishbal to come at the point it was at in the manga. It had a much greater impact coming off all the troubles the characters had gotten into at that point, and particularly as we could see their reactions to the mention of "Ishbal" previously in the manga. The same is true for a bunch of other flashbacks.

SlyGuyMcFly
2009-04-13, 08:49 PM
It felt a tad rushed to me. Sure, I already know all the characters and such, but I got the impression that not enough time was dedicated to each character. Not enough to get a good grasp on them, at any rate. WeŽll have to see how it pans out in the next few episodes, but I think a better middle ground between thoroughly presenting the characters and setting and getting on with the action could have been achieved.

Personally, I'd rather have something in the middle. I like the overeaching plot to take a long time to develop, but the episodic plot to develop quickly.

This, pretty much.

slayerx
2009-04-13, 10:51 PM

I'll stick with my novel analogy... you can either read the novel or read a summary of a novel... One just gives you the plot points, but the other gives you both plot and substance

Show don't tell... when you just hit plot points you just end up telling the events instead of really showing them... When you tell instead of show, THAT's when you are getting nothing but boring exposition... if you tell the story at a good pace and show what's going on, that exposition will have a lot of substance to it that will really draw you into the story and be more interesting; just as much as the regular plot....

Personally, i felt that the rush telling of the flashback made it hard to really get attached to the story and made most (though not all) of the episode felt rather dull... in contrast, the chapters in the manga really draw me into what's going on; they can make me want to read those chapters again, where as the anime there is very little i care to re-watch... the difference? the manga takes it's time, and shows u everything allowing for more substance where as the anime rushes through just hitting the most relevant points.

Fiery Diamond
2009-04-13, 11:30 PM
Seen the second now. I think I shall like. Actually, as far as pacing goes, I have this bad habit of wanting to watch several hours of anime at a time- so a single "episode" to me is actually at least 6 "real" episodes. Given that type of watching, I prefer things to be slower so I get things more in depth. But when I have to wait a week for only 20 minutes of show, then the faster pacing is better. In other words, if I'm watching a show that's been out for a while - slow pacing is good. If I'm watching a show as it comes out - faster pacing is good.

thubby
2009-04-13, 11:42 PM
i agree that the exposition was a bit rushed. but maybe they'll go back for more detail when it becomes relevant?

slayerx
2009-04-14, 12:24 AM
In other words, if I'm watching a show that's been out for a while - slow pacing is good. If I'm watching a show as it comes out - faster pacing is good.

Watching the show as it comes out only happens once... where as every time after and for those that pick up the series later on, they will be watching it back to back

i agree that the exposition was a bit rushed. but maybe they'll go back for more detail when it becomes relevant?

Well, the thing is though, the only really relevant parts that were left out was the training and the house burning down... those parts we can expect to see some more of...

everything else that was cut out that would have slowed down the pace of the episode were largely unimportant to the overall plot; they were only there to add extra flavor, character and feeling to the story... Those are not the kind of things that they are likely to go back to show us

Berserk Monk
2009-04-14, 01:51 AM
Good stuff. Lots of action and the characters remained pretty much the same. One thing that bugged me. It reminded me too much of Batman and Robin, what with the antagonist using the ability to freeze. I don't need to be reminded of bat-nipples.:smalleek: Still, good epic fight scenes.

Reverent-One
2009-04-25, 09:05 PM
So, just watched the third episode now, and, unsurprisingly, very little new material there. Couple of thoughts though. The whole reveal of his arm and leg and explanation of what taboo he must have broken, didn't resonate as well this time around as it did in the old series. Partly because they did it with Issac in the first episode, and partly because we've seen the flashback from the second episode (well, that was the whole second episode) about how they got that way. I'd almost say that scene could have been cut entirely, except for the fact that it has some importance in the immediate story, showing rose what happens when you trespass on god's domain and so on.

Lord of Rapture
2009-04-26, 05:56 AM
So this is what I saw on a blog today:

"FMA is just like DBZ, except it takes itself too seriously and has unlikeable characters, which is why it sucks."

Yeah. Nerdrage right there.

EDIT: Oh, and also "FMA is for morons whose brains can't take anything more."

GAAAAAAHHHH!

UltraDude
2009-04-26, 07:41 AM
I'm wondering what said blogger considers to be good, intelligent television with a likable cast then...

Code Geass? :smalltongue:

Lord of Rapture
2009-04-26, 07:54 AM
I'm wondering what said blogger considers to be good, intelligent television with a likable cast then...

Code Geass? :smalltongue:

It was either Last Exile or the Big O. They didn't even talk about Code Geass on that site (except for one lone mention on a Watchmen thread).

And I partly object to that insult. Code Geass had genuinely likeable characters and a good plot...in the first season, that is.

Prime32
2009-04-26, 07:55 AM
So this is what I saw on a blog today:

"FMA is just like DBZ, except it takes itself too seriously and has unlikeable characters, which is why it sucks."

Yeah. Nerdrage right there.

EDIT: Oh, and also "FMA is for morons whose brains can't take anything more."

GAAAAAAHHHH!
That's so inaccurate it's hilarious.

So far I prefer the original anime, though. It had more of a sense of... sadness.

Neko Toast
2009-05-01, 10:40 AM
I like it. I think I like it more than most because I consider the anime and the manga to be two separate entities. And since this series is based off of the manga, it's going to be vastly different from the original anime.

In my opinion, each has their ups and downs.

The anime has a lot of really touching scenes, but the pacing is a little slow at times. Not to mention
the big time-skip plot hole at the end.

The manga has faster pacing and has action-packed fight scenes, but the touching affect of the anime isn't really present.

Cubey
2009-05-01, 12:38 PM
What I really disliked about the anime is its version of Wrath. I hated him. Good that he's not in the manga, and that means Brotherhood won't have him either.

The anime version of Winry annoyed me for some reason too. I liked her a lot more in the manga.

kamikasei
2009-05-01, 01:54 PM
Have watched the original anime, have not read the manga, have seen the first four eps of the new series now.

No complaints around production quality, but I do think they're rushing it a bit. The third episode felt like a bit of a rehash, as Reverent-One pointed out. The fourth, I gather, was closer to the manga than the way it was handled in the original anime, but the anime treatment was in my opinion better, packing more of an emotional punch.

I'm hoping that they're basically rushing to get through stuff already covered in the first anime and in to the real meat of the manga plot. I'm not sure how well I'd regard the series if this version was the first I'd seen - I'm worried it's basically running on the emotional credit of the previous version.

Prime32
2009-05-01, 02:04 PM
From what I hear, remakes like this one only tend to pick up when they get to the "new" material.

Yeah, it's been "meh" for me so far. At least the op (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5qUp0LWbuk&fmt=22) is good.

Rogue 7
2009-05-01, 04:20 PM
That's what I'm hoping. The first anime series did a lot of things better, and this one so far has only been decent. I still have high hopes, though- the manga's amazing once the plot kicks into gear.

And I question their judgment on skipping the whole Youthwell Coal Mine incident- it did a good job of showing off Ed's human side for one, and for two it introduced Yoki, whereas he got a two-second mention in this version. Yoki
Becomes a pretty major character down the line, doing enough stuff that I think it'd be awkward to just excise him completely, so skipping this introduction strikes me as very odd.

Neko Toast
2009-05-01, 05:07 PM
That's what I'm hoping. The first anime series did a lot of things better, and this one so far has only been decent. I still have high hopes, though- the manga's amazing once the plot kicks into gear.

And I question their judgment on skipping the whole Youthwell Coal Mine incident- it did a good job of showing off Ed's human side for one, and for two it introduced Yoki, whereas he got a two-second mention in this version. Yoki
Becomes a pretty major character down the line, doing enough stuff that I think it'd be awkward to just excise him completely, so skipping this introduction strikes me as very odd.

I think they're saving that for a flashback episode later. You're right, he is a slightly bigger character in the manga. I think the two-second mention was more of a way to introduce him, sort of saying that 'this character will be important later'.

Lord of Rapture
2009-05-01, 06:09 PM

And I question their judgment on skipping the whole Youthwell Coal Mine incident- it did a good job of showing off Ed's human side for one, and for two it introduced Yoki, whereas he got a two-second mention in this version. Yoki Becomes a pretty major character down the line, doing enough stuff that I think it'd be awkward to just excise him completely, so skipping this introduction strikes me as very odd.

Yeah, I agree with you there. So far, I feel that the pacing is too rushed and that they missed out on a lot of emotional scenes. They could have slowed down the pacing, and even though I watched the same scene before, they could still have me crying like a baby. I really wonder if they made the right call for this.

What I'm worried about is that they don't learn to slow down once they get to the manga plot, and the pacing is so rushed that they miss the awesome and emotion of the key scenes later on.

Oh, and I hate Yoki, mainly because he looks like King Hamdo from Now and Then Here and There, and anyone I even slight associate with Hamdo, even just by looks, goes into my automatic hate file.

Rogue 7
2009-05-01, 06:20 PM
I give Yoki a pass because he became more relevant with those four chimera, and those guys are actually some of my favorite characters. Otherwise, he's passable, if boring.

Nameless
2009-05-01, 06:37 PM
Two words:

TINY MINISKIRTS!

Lord of Rapture
2009-05-01, 09:15 PM
I like it. I think I like it more than most because I consider the anime and the manga to be two separate entities. And since this series is based off of the manga, it's going to be vastly different from the original anime.

In my opinion, each has their ups and downs.

The anime has a lot of really touching scenes, but the pacing is a little slow at times. Not to mention
the big time-skip plot hole at the end.

The manga has faster pacing and has action-packed fight scenes, but the touching affect of the anime isn't really present.

Agreed, although I don't know what ending plot hole you are talking about. The ending was well done, in my opinion, and I don't see why so many people complain about it.

Of course, if by end, you mean movie, then yeah, it sucked.

Neko Toast
2009-05-01, 09:23 PM
Agreed, although I don't know what ending plot hole you are talking about. The ending was well done, in my opinion, and I don't see why so many people complain about it.

Of course, if by end, you mean movie, then yeah, it sucked.

The time skip plothole is this: The first time Ed crosses the gate, the year is 1918 in our world. When he crosses the gate the second time, the year is 1923. He wasn't in his own world for very long, so it doesn't make any sense that there was a skip in some years in our world.

Eh, the movie was alright. It could have been better, but it was alright.

And it's nice to see someone else with my perspective. I'm slightly irritated that people are still comparing it to the first anime. I mean, if your preferred the first anime more, that's fine. But it shouldn't be compared to the new one. They are going to be very, very different in plot, style, and pacing.

Lord of Rapture
2009-05-01, 09:56 PM
The time skip plothole is this: The first time Ed crosses the gate, the year is 1918 in our world. When he crosses the gate the second time, the year is 1923. He wasn't in his own world for very long, so it doesn't make any sense that there was a skip in some years in our world.

Eh, the movie was alright. It could have been better, but it was alright.

And it's nice to see someone else with my perspective. I'm slightly irritated that people are still comparing it to the first anime. I mean, if your preferred the first anime more, that's fine. But it shouldn't be compared to the new one. They are going to be very, very different in plot, style, and pacing.

...Yeah, I guess the anime still needed more episodes for explanation at the end. But still, that was the only bad thing about the ending. It wrapped up all other loose ends and felt very emotional and heartfelt with the brothers' promise that they will meet each other again.

And that's why it sucks, because it's the black sheep of the series that consistently delivers awesome and win for everything, and being strictly mediocre.

Reverent-One
2009-05-01, 10:00 PM
They are going to be very, very different in plot, style, and pacing.

So far, the only real different between them is in the pacing. And that is where the problem with the series so far lies, because with the pacing it has, we miss out on some the things that made the first anime so awesome, like certain character moments. Later they will begin to differ greatly, and I look forward to that time, but like Rapture said, I hope once they get to the new stuff, they slow down their breakneck pace, otherwise the show will suffer for it.

Ascension
2009-05-02, 01:22 AM
Well, I don't have anything to compare it to, not having read the manga or seen the first anime, but I've been loving Brotherhood so far.

My only complaint, actually, is that it needs more Riza. But really, what doesn't?

thubby
2009-05-02, 03:39 AM
I wonder if they're rushing it specifically because we've seen it all before. they may just be selling to their already captive audience, and don't want to bore it (us) with an enormous rerun.

B-Man
2009-05-02, 05:26 PM
That seems to be what they're doing, thubby. I do like that they are promising to be a bit more faithful to the manga this time around (as I'm one of those that really didn't like the first anime past the 25th episode and read the manga instead). I'll be a little disappointed if they carry this rushed feeling to the end of the production, though.