PDA

View Full Version : MBD: Multiple Body Disorder [3.5]

Olo Demonsbane
2009-04-10, 10:22 PM
I built a level 20 character that gets 40 ranged attacks. Through each one he can channel a power (it has to be the same power though).

Now the issue at hand is that I want to use True Mind Switch. Assuming all 40 hit seperate targets at the exact same time, shouldn't he get all of their bodies, and they all get shunted into his?

If this works (and I think it does), he can take over an entire country very easily because all of his powers are purely mental; Ergo, he can use them in whatever new bodies he can find.

Also just add to the fact that he can do over 5000 damage if his target has a touch AC of less than 61 :smallbiggrin:

Again, is this all legal? As a related question, what happens when you chain Magic jar?

Eldariel
2009-04-10, 10:34 PM
Much depends on the build. It might be legal, although I'd wager there's something wrong. But yeah, the legality or the lack there-of is entirely dependent on exactly how you pull all this off.

That said, judging by what you said thus far, I'd say your mind cannot occupy more than one body at the same time, so I think you'd be stuck just surfing through all the bodies cramming all the former hosts to each others' bodies. True Mind Switch doesn't replicate your mind, after all, merely moves it, and normally your mind can only occupy one body, something the power doesn't change.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-04-10, 10:43 PM
I am a Soulbow/Psionic Arcane Archer w/ variants/Psion/Kensai/Soulknife/Ranger/Elocater.

Geshalt, and definitely not in that order.

The way I am doing it is this: The PAAw/V gives me the ability to channel a single target spell through my ranged attack, which happens to be my mind arrow. My dm told me that they all hit at the same time...

This is a theoretical build. I don't optimize THAT much.

What if I worked in some psionic item of True Creation? Would that allow it (not by RAW obviously, but...)

hewhosaysfish
2009-04-11, 07:40 AM
If I were the DM, I would rule that you switch with each target in succession, with the order or switching determined by the split-second differences between the times each arrow lands.
E.G.
You are mind A and you are in body A. You fire 3 arrows at person B (body B, mind B), person C (body C, mind C) and person D (body Q, mind Wbody D, mind D).
The first arrow strikes a fraction of a second before the others; you switch minds with person B. Mind A is now in body B, and mind B is in body A.
The third arrow then strikes home: Minds A and D switch, so mind A is in body D, mind B is in body B, mind B is still in body A.
The second arrow lands.

This small volley ends thusly:
You (mind A) in body C.
Mind B in body A (your original one).
Mind C in body D.
Mind D in body B.

Scale this up to 40 arrows.
Does have the same game-breaking weirdness of one mind inhabiting 40 bodies. But still very, very fun.

Bulwer
2009-04-11, 07:51 AM
Now, I wish I were telling this to your DM instead of you, but here's how I'd rule if I were DM.

With 40 TMS's going out on weapons, the first swaps your mind with the thing it hits. The second swaps the source of the attack(your body, now with a different mind) with the one it hits. Thusly, everyone is shifted one body down the line.

How good the chaos afterwards was would depend on the quality of the DM.

woodenbandman
2009-04-11, 08:51 AM
Just don't forget to shoot yourself one last time.

JackMage666
2009-04-11, 10:48 AM
I would switch into 39 different bodies, and put my soul back into my body at the end. The end result - I'm in my original body, and there's 39 confused enemies left on the battlefield.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-04-11, 11:36 AM
Nevermind, I just got a ruling from my DM. It works! (This is a totally cheese filled campaign).

Thanks for everyone's help and ideas anyway!