PDA

View Full Version : Zombies vs. Splicers

Randel
2009-04-11, 12:31 PM
Lets assume a suitable sized city with about a million people in it. Fontaine Futuristics (from Bioshock) and Umbrella Corp (from Resident Evil) have both set up perfectly normal businesses there until suddenly their products start displaying really nasty side-effects and turn people into monsters. The city is put under quarantine and the inhabitants have to fend for themselves to survive.

There are about a hundred splicers and zombies at the beginning, zombies are spread evenly through the city (due to random reactions with T-virus based medicine) and splicers are pretty much wherever they go normally in the day.

Zombies are normally mindless and infectious (unless there are other variants in the games), and Splicers are intelligent (though they may go insane due to excessive splicing or just stress) and had to buy or steal their plasmids or gene tonics.

Fontaine Futuristics and Umbrella Corp are both trying to keep their PR good and if there was any 'evil plan' involved then the guys in charge are not in the city.

After the smoke settles, what would the cities inhabitants look like?

chiasaur11
2009-04-11, 12:52 PM
The final rundown?

Somewhere between one and four badasses atop a rather large pile of corpses. Tends to be how these things work out.

Comet
2009-04-11, 01:18 PM
One on one, I'd say a splicer always beats a zombie. Maybe even one on two or more. Because splicers have the power of magic evolution on their side.

So long as the splicers can keep their wits about them, they would practically wipe the zombies out. Sadly, splicers rarely stay sane for long.
In the end, I could see the zombies winning this one. Since splicers can run out of "juice" for their superpowers plasmids and zombies replenish their ranks after every kill.

If the splicers could think rationally and coordinate their attacks, the war would be over before it even started. Because they can teleport and shoot fire out of their hands, dangit.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-04-11, 10:47 PM
One on one, I'd say a splicer always beats a zombie. Maybe even one on two or more. Because splicers have the power of magic evolution mutation on their side.

So long as the splicers can keep their wits about them, they would practically wipe the zombies out. Sadly, splicers rarely stay sane for long.
In the end, I could see the zombies winning this one. Since splicers can run out of "juice" for their superpowers plasmids and zombies replenish their ranks after every kill.

Being insane does not mean you can't be wily and/or canny. In fact I'd dare say even the insane splicers display some knowledge of basic tactics. More importantly, zombies are screwed but then again so might the splicers. How would the T-Virus react with ADAM after all. Also, no worries about 'loved' ones being allowed tolive and infect others, once that little tidbit got out I imagine the splicers would murder those bitten just to get the ADAM before it became contaminated.

But..well...yeah. Zombies lose hardcore. They are just normal zombies afterall. Sure the thuggish splicers will probably be wiped out, but they'll take at least one zombie each and the one's that shoot out electricity when they get hit? More there. Houdini and spider slicers don't just pose problems for the zombies, they are zombie-killers of phenomenal proportions since teleporting against zombies, especially slow-zombies, means you'll never be cornered or trapped. Shooting fireballs is just icing. Spider's also have that movement advantage. With a sufficiently high-ceilinged room they can chuck meat hooks until they run out then escape to get more.

Lord William
2009-04-13, 10:24 AM
The only real danger to the splicers are the random mutations; the T-virus is extremely volatile, especially when combined with other products, and the monsters spawned from such would be the real threat.

Neon Knight
2009-04-13, 10:30 AM
I think Las Ganados/Majini would be a better match for splicers.

Lord William
2009-04-14, 10:03 AM
I think Las Ganados/Majini would be a better match for splicers.

They would at that, especially since Ganados are a LOT smarter than zombies.