PDA

View Full Version : lookin for ideas

Jocko
2006-08-21, 10:00 PM
as it seems (vie another thread) all writtin meterial on ship to ship battles therefore, i am currently looking for any homebrewed ideas on the topic. (as i dont have the $$ needed to buy stormwrack or the like)

any ideas on this topic would be much apreciated

Fizban
2006-08-22, 12:04 AM
Treat it as areial combat, but on a plane (horizontal), and base ship speed on the wind (speed x wind) like they do in the books.
Alternativly, use opposed sailor checks, and give a bonus based on how maneuverable the ship is. Stormwrack uses an abstract system like this, but with details (the effect of rigging loss, what the penalties are for reduced crew, more than 4 different boats, etc). I would reccomend finding someone who will let you copy out of/borrow his book, otherwise you're pretty much out of luck.

MetalKelt
2006-08-22, 12:57 AM
I do remember there being a good article on vehicle combat (it included ground vehicles, naval ships, and aerial combat) in a back issue of Dragon. I can't seem to find the issue right now, maybe someone can find which issue number it is. If I find it I'll post the number. Anyway, a back issue of Dragon is probably a cheaper alternative.