PDA

View Full Version : Embercat (creature) [EE]1

Icewalker
2009-04-15, 11:03 AM
This is the first thread in a project I will engage in in bits and pieces, and almost definitely never complete because it is on far too large a scale. I will also withhold the acronym (EE) for the time being, just for fun. It doesn't have to do with our good friend the Elitist, the acronym just turned out the same.

This is a basically a panther from the elemental plane of fire.

[hr]

Embercat
Medium Magical Beast (Fire, Extraplanar)
HD 6d10+12 (45)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
Init: +9
AC 18; touch 15; flat-footed 13
(+5 Dex, +3 natural)
BAB/Grp +6/+9
Attack Bite +11 melee (2d6+4)
Full-Attack Bite +11 melee (2d6+4) and 2 claws +6 melee (1d6+2)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Improved Grab, Pounce, Rake (1d6+2), Ashcloud
Special Qualities Low-light vision, Scent
Saves Fort +7 Ref +10 Will +4
Abilities Str 18, Dex 21, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 14
Skills Balance +13, Climb +12, Hide +9*, Jump +12, Listen +8, Move Silently +9, Spot +9
Feats Alertness, Weapon Finesse, Improved Initiative
Environment Sootfields on the Elemental Plane of Fire
Organization Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating 4
Treasure Normal
Alignment Neutral
Advancement 7-10 (Medium), 11-18 (Large)

You can see the cat's lithe muscles shift under its orange streaked black fur as it moves slightly. The coat on the cat makes it almost invisible, the streaked ash and soot with small spots of orange matching perfectly with the ember studded sootfield around it.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, an embercat must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Pounce (Ex): If an embercat charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +11 melee, damage 1d6+3.

Ashcloud (Su): Three times per day, an embercat can shake and send a swirling cloud of ashes all around it. A 15 ft. radius cloud centered at the embercat is clouded by ash. All inside must make a DC 15 Fortitude save every round or spend it disabled by a hacking cough. While inside this cloud, the embercat is treated as if it had full concealment. This cloud lasts 1d6+2 rounds. A moderate or stronger wind disperses the cloud after one round.

Skills: Embercats have a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks and a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks. Embercats have a +8 racial bonus on Balance and Climb checks. An embercat can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened. *In areas composed primarily of soot and ash, or inside of an ashcloud, the Hide bonus improves to +8

[hr]
I'm not positive about the CR. Could be 4.

I will say that this post is missing one small section which goes along with the project, but I won't be including it until I get some more done.

w/oEN

sigurd
2009-04-15, 12:16 PM
Compliments your Steel Mastiff.

Sigurd

SilentNight
2009-04-15, 12:40 PM
Very nice, I'd say CR 4 tentatively as this seems a fair bit more powerful than the dire wolf, also CR 3.

Icewalker
2009-04-15, 03:48 PM
Alright, switched it to 4.

Actually, thanks for the reminder as well as the compliment, Sigurd, the Steel Mastiff is definitely a creature that should be listed under this project.

Katrascythe
2009-04-15, 05:21 PM
Nice work. That's a cat I'd like to have as a were-panther just for sexiness. Although I'd have to raise the LA of the template up by one probably XD