PDA

View Full Version : Wisco' Con: NoBrand '09

Kara Kuro
2009-04-15, 12:42 PM
NoBrand is an anime/video game/table top gaming con in northern/central wisconsin. I know there are a few people on these forums from my neck of the cheese-covered woods: Anyone going?

FireFox
2009-04-15, 12:52 PM
I should... I really, really should... But I'm solid busy for a month. :smallfrown:
When is it?

Assassin89
2009-04-15, 02:01 PM
I'm currently in Milwaukee, but the problems for me are transportation, and when the convention is. I would want to go though.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-15, 02:30 PM
Its the ah... 24-26th in Eu Claire.

@ Assasin: That's too bad, dood. Luckily, while my current vehicle decided to commit long, drawn-out suicide.... My friends all have working cars!

FireFox
2009-04-15, 02:34 PM
Bah! I am camping that weekend up in the Kettle Moraine area. Oh well, have fun, those who are going. :smallsmile:

Trog
2009-04-15, 06:20 PM
Wow. Had no idea there was one so close to here. I might have to drive up on that Saturday. Do they typically get a lot of vendors? Or is it more of a congregation of people at a local gaming shop?

Kara Kuro
2009-04-15, 08:59 PM
Nope, they usually have a really nice chunk of vendors. I'm not sure how many of those vendors are gaming specific, but they do have a good portion. At least when I was there a few years ago - this'll be the first time in a few years that I've been able to get back.

turkishproverb
2009-04-15, 09:06 PM
Nope, they usually have a really nice chunk of vendors. I'm not sure how many of those vendors are gaming specific, but they do have a good portion. At least when I was there a few years ago - this'll be the first time in a few years that I've been able to get back.

I remember no brand. I'm not in the area anymore though. Have fun.

Trog
2009-04-15, 10:47 PM

:smallsmile: Very cool. I think I will attempt to make that. *goes searching for a web site or something to see what events are planned*

EDIT: Website linky (http://www.nobrandcon.com/), for those interested.

FURTHER EDIT: Aside from a list of a few special guests there is jack on that site that gives info for consideration of possible attendees. :smallconfused: More like a huge sign up site. No wonder I live 2 hours away and have never heard of this. Baring more information I might not go after all. No idea what's there to even travel to see, unfortunately. Pity.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-16, 12:49 AM
I remember no brand. I'm not in the area anymore though. Have fun.

Ah, that's sad to hear. Thanks though.

@ Trog: Yeah, Nobrand's site isn't the best. They should probably work on that, they only recently even got all of their guest announcements up. For Daishocon (my home con) we had the guest and event info up 6 months+.

turkishproverb
2009-04-26, 06:09 PM
Ah, that's sad to hear. Thanks though.

@ Trog: Yeah, Nobrand's site isn't the best. They should probably work on that, they only recently even got all of their guest announcements up. For Daishocon (my home con) we had the guest and event info up 6 months+.

Hm.. Daishocon wasn't around when I was younger.

Neko Toast
2009-04-26, 06:29 PM
Hm.. Daishocon wasn't around when I was younger.

DaishoCon's first year was '08. That's probably why.

I went to NoBrand, too. And boy, am I tired, despite the amount of sleep I got Saturday night and how comfy the hotel beds were.

Thes Hunter
2009-04-27, 12:37 AM
Slayer I am sorry I couldn't come to nobrand and meet you! It would have been awesome! You seem so fun.

I keep having weekends where I have multiple plans, or no plans. This last weekend is where a crazy amount was going on.

There was a beer wine and cheese thing going on at the fest grounds, and Rochester Gamer member appreciation... and all sorts of crap.

However, what do I have going on next weekend? Squanto. Actually I have a couple possible plans, but nothing really definate, except on Friday night.

Weekend after that, bazillion things again. Sigh.

It would be good to meet you before I leave the area. You doing any other cons in the area before July? Or coming to Gen Con?

Kara Kuro
2009-04-27, 12:40 AM
Slayer I am sorry I couldn't come to nobrand and meet you! It would have been awesome! You seem so fun.

I keep having weekends where I have multiple plans, or no plans. This last weekend is where a crazy amount was going on.

There was a beer wine and cheese thing going on at the fest grounds, and Rochester Gamer member appreciation... and all sorts of crap.

However, what do I have going on next weekend? Squanto. Actually I have a couple possible plans, but nothing really definate, except on Friday night.

Weekend after that, bazillion things again. Sigh.

It would be good to meet you before I leave the area. You doing any other cons in the area before July? Or coming to Gen Con?

The idea is that I get to gen-con. I'm planning on it at least, still not sure if I'll be able to make if for certain yet.