PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

X2
2009-05-10, 04:41 PM
The Irony of that statement, considering your character, is immense.

Which is probably why they would make such good rivals. The only difference is that Xavik acts like that because it's part of the persona he intentionally projects (Which is part of the reason for his mad skillz). Xarty acts like that because it's the way he is.

At least he was vulnerable enough to get captured, vulnerable enough to need a bodyguard, vulnerable enough to suck at almost all schools of magic ('cept Evocation of course), vulnerable enough to...

You get the idea.

This'll be Xavik's first slight however.

BRC
2009-05-10, 04:43 PM
At least he was vulnerable enough to get captured, vulnerable enough to need a bodyguard, vulnerable enough to suck at almost all schools of magic ('cept Evocation of course), vulnerable enough to...

You get the idea.

This'll be Xavik's first slight however.
Xavik's alot more vulnerable than he seems. Which is kind of the point. I mean, if you can't make something not work, the next best thing is to make your enemy think it won't work.

I'll type up an explination for the source of Xavik's mad skillz in abit. For now, I've got Psych to study.

X2
2009-05-10, 04:46 PM
Xavik's alot more vulnerable than he seems. Which is kind of the point. I mean, if you can't make something not work, the next best thing is to make your enemy think it won't work.

I'll type up an explination for the source of Xavik's mad skillz in abit. For now, I've got Psych to study.

How does he feel about point black Arcane Fire?

BRC
2009-05-10, 04:59 PM
How does he feel about point black Arcane Fire?
It would probably hurt, if he dosn't dodge it, or cut off the casters hand, or just shoot the caster with his entropy gun.

Oh, here's the explination for Xavik's Skills.

Xavik uses something called “Warlord Magic”, so named because it’s often used by barbaric warlords, many of whom don’t realize their using it. The premise behind Warlord Magic is that a commander draws power and personal strength from the confidence and morale of the troops under his command, and their opinions of the commander in question. The more confidence the troops have in their commander, the more power the Warlord can draw on to boost themselves. Most people who use Warlord magic stick to making themselves stronger and tougher. However, if used properly, Warlord Magic can make one faster, more agile, faster-thinking, and even luckier.
Xavik has become very good at using Warlord Magic. His confidant Swashbuckler persona is designed to make his troops feel that everything is all right. He manipulates rumors, and uses his personal charisma to make his troops trust him, then he projects a visage of constant confidence and surety. His troops then think “My, the colonel sure seems confident, so I’m sure everything will turn out okay”. He then draws on that high morale, does stylish, awesome things in full view of his troops, raising their morale even more.
However, as effective as Warlord Magic is, it has a weakness. First of all, the Warlord’s power will be greatly diminished if they don’t have enough men nearby to draw power from, or if the morale of his troops is low. Therefore, the best way to handle somebody using Warlord Magic, if you identify what their doing, is to ignore them and attempt to route their forces. Or , if possible, try to defeat them in a dramatic fashion. If the troops believe their commander is all-powerful, and you defeat him easily and with one fell swoop, they will likely rout.

Currently, He’s in his own fortress, fighting a small group. His men are very confident which, combined with personal skill and some magic items, accounts for his blinding speed.

X2
2009-05-10, 05:16 PM
It would probably hurt, if he dosn't dodge it, or cut off the casters hand, or just shoot the caster with his entropy gun.

Oh, here's the explination for Xavik's Skills.

*stuff*

Soooo... when we beat Xavik in a dozen or so comics that'll make him weaker?

BRC
2009-05-10, 05:19 PM
Soooo... when we beat Xavik in a dozen or so comics that'll make him weaker?
Pretty much. If he get's visibly beaten up in front of his men, then his persona of invincibility gets hurt. He can do damage control (Claiming he let them go as part of a plan, saying "Don't worry, we'll be ready next time", or if he's really desperate, trying to alter the memories of the troops that saw it with the Voice of Command), but it will make him weaker, especially if it's a dramatic victory and Xavik is visibly injured.

X2
2009-05-10, 06:49 PM
Because it is encumbersome and difficult to make such a skirmish I was wondering if Xavik had a robot suit he could board that we could all fight one-on-one with even odds.

X2 would use Arcane Pyre on Xavik and he would retreat to his robot room and Brain (having telepathically got exactly where the robot room is) would teleport us right there where we would fight the big robot and win!

Sha-BOOOOM!

We all laugh, waste 4 hours, finish the Home Base plot and promptly end the episode.

Lemming
2009-05-10, 06:52 PM
I thought episode 1 had something to do with a giant city?? Or is that because eps 1 & 2 are squished into one volume for the cover you designed. :smalltongue:

X2
2009-05-10, 06:54 PM
I thought episode 1 had something to do with a giant city?? Or is that because eps 1 & 2 are squished into one volume for the cover you designed. :smalltongue:

1, 2 and 3 is in Volume 1.

Episode 2s plot will be revealed...

...later.

BRC
2009-05-10, 06:56 PM
Because it is encumbersome and difficult to make such a skirmish I was wondering if Xavik had a robot suit he could board that we could all fight one-on-one with even odds.

X2 would use Arcane Pyre on Xavik and he would retreat to his robot room and Brain (having telepathically got exactly where the robot room is) would teleport us right there where we would fight the big robot and win!

Sha-BOOOOM!

We all laugh, waste 4 hours, finish the Home Base plot and promptly end the episode.
No, He's a Tank Commander, not a robot suit guy.

I mean, you could find yourself in a big open bay of some sort, Xavik and a crew hop into his custom tank, and a fight scene occurs.

Personally, I just say we duke it out in the hallway, as everybody's already there. Make your Arcane Pyre attack, lets just keep improvising, as that is the ABR way.

SinisterPenguin
2009-05-10, 06:57 PM

Sha-BOOOOM!

This sounds like a good idea to me. Especially since making comics with big fights against multiple enemies is kind of a pain.

X2
2009-05-10, 06:58 PM
No, He's a Tank Commander, not a robot suit guy.

I mean, you could find yourself in a big open bay of some sort, Xavik and a crew hop into his custom tank, and a fight scene occurs.

Personally, I just say we duke it out in the hallway, as everybody's already there. Make your Arcane Pyre attack, lets just keep improvising, as that is the ABR way.

It's crowded is all.

I like the tank idea though.

BRC
2009-05-10, 07:01 PM
It's crowded is all.

I like the tank idea though.
Okay, make your arcane pyre type attack, and I will think of a way to make Tanks happen.

X2
2009-05-10, 07:04 PM
Okay, make your arcane pyre type attack, and I will think of a way to make Tanks happen.

Try and create something Especially Likeable. Everyone enjoys Popular ideas Over at avatar battle Royale, you should Try it. Read each capital letter in the above.

This sounds like a good idea to me. Especially since making comics with big fights against multiple enemies is kind of a pain.

Exactly.

kpenguin
2009-05-10, 11:17 PM
*comes back in to check on ABR*

Wow, still not done yet? Stagnation is our destination!

Also, the pbp has been updated. Please post.

X2
2009-05-11, 02:31 AM
New TJH comic incoming... :smallwink:

Grim ranger
2009-05-11, 04:16 AM
Woah. TJH seems like rather cool plot, and it even gets something done. I am shocked. Almost too shocked for words, but not quite :smallwink:

I have thought of a idea for TJH villain. I have even made picture of him ready, and backstory is being swiftly thought over and written shortly. Can you reserve place for villain in coming episode, X2? Pretty please? I wants in :smallsmile:

X2
2009-05-11, 04:18 AM
Woah. TJH seems like rather cool plot, and it even gets something done. I am shocked. Almost too shocked for words, but not quite :smallwink:

I have thought of a idea for TJH villain. I have even made picture of him ready, and backstory is being swiftly thought over and written shortly. Can you reserve place for villain in coming episode, X2? Pretty please? I wants in :smallsmile:

Episode 2? Doubtful because it is a very plot important Episode whereas 1 was violence and character introduction.

PM details of your character and I'll review him.

Grim ranger
2009-05-11, 04:28 AM
I shall, when I get back to my own computer that is. Right now, I am at school and it is bit difficult to send that from there. But I will get to it today, I promise.

BRC
2009-05-11, 11:48 AM
Dibs on the next TJH comic by the way. I'm currently working on the design for Xavik's tank.

BRC
2009-05-11, 03:27 PM
TJH comic up! It's time for Xavik to show off one of his toys.

Woah, I just realized, Xavik and Xarty. Both Colonels, both with names that start with "Xa", both incredibly confident.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-11, 03:42 PM
Perhaps the prefix Xa- to a name means, literally, confident colonel.

X2
2009-05-11, 04:52 PM
Sweet comic BRC, Episode 1 is coming to an end and we can tell!

BRC
2009-05-11, 05:01 PM
Sweet comic BRC, Episode 1 is coming to an end and we can tell!
I wanted this battle to be well done. Something we could raise a toast to.
Okay, I'll stop.

X2
2009-05-11, 05:03 PM
I wanted this battle to be well done. Something we could raise a toast to.
Okay, I'll stop.

Stop what? Huh? :smallconfused:

After the final fight I meant... of course it's going to be well done, but it's NOT going to be done in 50 comics, I estimate about 10-15 comics until the end of the fight.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-11, 05:09 PM
Stop what? Huh? :smallconfused:

How could you have missed those blazingly obvious puns? :smalltongue:

@V Punk kid. D:

The Gremlin
2009-05-11, 05:45 PM

Oooh, burned by the granny. :smallamused:

BRC
2009-05-11, 05:53 PM
Oooh, burned by the granny. :smallamused:
It's Heating up in here. Let's not let this thread turn into a flame war.

Nameless
2009-05-11, 06:14 PM
It's Heating up in here. Let's not let this thread turn into a flame war.

Owww.... *puts flame thrower away*
You never let us have any fun... ._.

BRC
2009-05-11, 06:26 PM
Owww.... *puts flame thrower away*
You never let us have any fun... ._.
Ladies and gentlemen, the pun just went recursive.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-11, 06:58 PM
Friends! I would like your opinion on something that I have made.

To practise actual sprite-art (that I draw, rather then copy paste and recolour) I have made this.

Have any of you ever played Yoshi's Island DS?

http://i40.tinypic.com/w8rpfp.png

I did not draw the yoshis, but everything else is 100% made by me! :smallcool:

Not bad, eh?

memnarch
2009-05-11, 07:18 PM
Oh yeah! Very nice! hmm... I've only got 2 thumbs.... that's not nearly enough to show my rating. :smallcool:

Shades of Gray
2009-05-11, 07:35 PM
Lookin' cool. And by Yoshi's island DS I hope you mean Yoshi's island for N64. The true Yoshi's island game.

PS: Post in the town with Morgan.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-11, 07:54 PM
Lookin' cool. And by Yoshi's island DS I hope you mean Yoshi's island for N64. The true Yoshi's island game.

PS: Post in the town with Morgan.

I know A LOT of people who would strongly disagree with that statement and say that Yoshi's Island for N64 is the only REALLY UNTRUE Yoshi's Island game.

I like them all, but I like Yoshi's island DS slightly more for Baby Bowser's and Baby Wario's playable status in a few levels. :smallbiggrin:

PS: Right now? :smallconfused:

Besides, Morgan has been put on a bus.

Shades of Gray
2009-05-11, 07:56 PM
When was he put on a bus?

Also, heresy. The first game in a series is never the most untrue. That is impossible. Granted, the later games might be better, but true Mario for example is a game where you jump over turtles and mushrooms and beat bowser, not golfing.

X2
2009-05-11, 08:12 PM

@V Punk kid. D:

I have no idea...

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-11, 08:22 PM
When was he put on a bus?

Also, heresy. The first game in a series is never the most untrue. That is impossible. Granted, the later games might be better, but true Mario for example is a game where you jump over turtles and mushrooms and beat bowser, not golfing.

A while ago, okay?

Also, what the kettle-corn are you talking about? Yoshi's Island for N64 wasn't the first Yoshi's Island game. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was the first. And what do the stupid golfing games have to do with anything? :smallconfused:

Shades of Gray
2009-05-11, 08:59 PM
I was saying that the original in a series is THE ORIGINAL. One can not say that Yoshi's Island for the N64 is the most untrue to the series, as it was the first. That's like saying that Star Wars "A New Hope" is untrue to the franchise. It is also like saying that the original mario game is less true to the franchise than Mario golf.

memnarch
2009-05-11, 09:14 PM
I was saying that the original in a series is THE ORIGINAL. One can not say that Yoshi's Island for the N64 is the most untrue to the series, as it was the first. That's like saying that Star Wars "A New Hope" is untrue to the franchise. It is also like saying that the original mario game is less true to the franchise than Mario golf.

Ah, no. Yoshi's Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_World_2:_Yoshi%27s_Island) for the SNES was the first real yoshi game with yoshi as the main character, instead of support.

List of appearances (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshi#Appearances) of yoshi on the right side.

Lemming
2009-05-11, 09:29 PM
Yoshi's island is one of my favourite game boy games. DS was okay, but I feel they could have done better. Never played the N64 one, but I have played super mario world.

Also, I like the ABR babies. I demand more babies! :smallmad:

Darklord Bright
2009-05-11, 11:50 PM
I just sent a chainletter back to everyone it was forwarded from.

Then I realised that doesn't count as ignoring it.

X2
2009-05-12, 12:29 AM
Friends! I would like your opinion on something that I have made.

To practise actual sprite-art (that I draw, rather then copy paste and recolour) I have made this.

Have any of you ever played Yoshi's Island DS?

http://i40.tinypic.com/w8rpfp.png

I did not draw the yoshis, but everything else is 100% made by me! :smallcool:

Not bad, eh?

I can't see it because I'm at school. :smallfrown:

EDIT: So if someone could just upload it to Photobucket so I can see it?

EDIT 2: I'm home now. Crisis averted. Great stuff Q! ABR Babies, they'll make our dreams come true! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX4wIa_huM4)

Darklord Bright
2009-05-12, 02:37 AM
Is there any particular reason, X2, that we tend to find ourselves the only ones around?

And that your character is apparently not the greatest speller?

X2
2009-05-12, 02:41 AM
Is there any particular reason, X2, that we tend to find ourselves the only ones around?

And that your character is apparently not the greatest speller?

It was a rush job. Was it funny though? I thought it was.

Darklord Bright
2009-05-12, 02:43 AM
It was a rush job. Was it funny though? I thought it was.

I liked the last step.

And the tank.

X2
2009-05-12, 02:44 AM
I liked the last step.

And the tank.

The tank was 'splodin.

I kinda feel bad about dulling the drama of BRC's cliffhanger. Oh well...

Darklord Bright
2009-05-12, 02:48 AM
I'm contemplating drawing up my comics and scanning them now that I can. I could show you guys my 'actual' comic style, which is vaguely chibified/cartoony. I'd just have to resize them.

It'd actually be quicker.

X2
2009-05-12, 02:52 AM
I'm contemplating drawing up my comics and scanning them now that I can. I could show you guys my 'actual' comic style, which is vaguely chibified/cartoony. I'd just have to resize them.

It'd actually be quicker.

Yeah I was testing a new scanner just now. The doodles took me all of 3 seconds to complete.

Darklord Bright
2009-05-12, 02:54 AM
Yeah I was testing a new scanner just now. The doodles took me all of 3 seconds to complete.

I vaguely remember a beholder who sketched up his ABRs so I assume it's allowed. If it is, I'm going for it.

X2
2009-05-12, 02:57 AM
I vaguely remember a beholder who sketched up his ABRs so I assume it's allowed. If it is, I'm going for it.

Nah... I'll stick with good ol' Inkscape. My buddy, my pal!

Darklord Bright
2009-05-12, 03:00 AM
Nah... I'll stick with good ol' Inkscape. My buddy, my pal!

And I'll pick up my Mechanical Pencil.

My friend. My faithful friend....

X2
2009-05-12, 03:08 AM
Okay! Enough comics out of me for a while!

memnarch
2009-05-12, 06:11 AM
Yep, you can use whatever art style you like, no real rules there besides make it relatively neat and the text is legible.

Dark; One reason why it seems like it's only you two is because for a lot of the rest of us, the time happens to be between 12 and 6am. Sleeping time.

BRC
2009-05-12, 08:32 AM
Great comic Xarty. The urge to Flamethower that piece of paper is overwhelming.

Question, how is Brain supposed to Mind Control the driver without line of sight?

Mina Kobold
2009-05-12, 08:51 AM

As long as you stop talking about him then I'll say that's a good idea:smallsmile: (he kept kicking me)

EDIT: I thought about my FI characters and Keveak settling down and getting kids just don't fit the character (technically staying calm for five minutes is out of character to him) so I decided to use Keveak and Kewrath instead, my idea involves them being hit by the reality shift spell (maybe while Keveak is summoning Kewrath thus screwing with the effect), loses their magic while getting send to a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland world and getting pulled back in 15 years.

-skimmer-
2009-05-12, 11:13 AM
Heh, one of my favourites now X2:smallamused:

X2
2009-05-12, 03:26 PM
Great comic Xarty. The urge to Flamethower that piece of paper is overwhelming.

Question, how is Brain supposed to Mind Control the driver without line of sight?

Brain's ESP rating is max (as stated in his Wiki article) so he can pinpoint the driver by focusing.

Hey it doesn't all have to be D&D. Just when it's convenient.

Heh, one of my favourites now X2:smallamused:

Glad you liked it. I was worried you wouldn't like Skimmer in this one.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-12, 03:55 PM
Possible Threeshades Death Scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI)

BRC
2009-05-12, 03:57 PM
Brain's ESP rating is max (as stated in his Wiki article) so he can pinpoint the driver by focusing.

Hey it doesn't all have to be D&D. Just when it's convenient.

Glad you liked it. I was worried you wouldn't like Skimmer in this one.

I just had a great idea That Somebody should turn into a comic.

Paper gets Flamethrowered, or dosn't go far enough)
Brain (Via Telepathy): X2, what was on that paper?
Xarty: My Genius plan for getting us out of this situation! Now you don't know it, so were screwed.
Brain: Um Xarty, I have Telepathy, you can just explain the plan to me like we're doing now.
Xarty: But how will you comprehend it's Brilliance without my masterful and informative illustrations!
Brain:...Somehow I'll manage.

X2
2009-05-12, 03:58 PM
I just had a great idea That Somebody should turn into a comic.

Paper gets Flamethrowered, or dosn't go far enough)
Brain (Via Telepathy): X2, what was on that paper?
Xarty: My Genius plan for getting us out of this situation! Now you don't know it, so were screwed.
Brain: Um Xarty, I have Telepathy, you can just explain the plan to me like we're doing now.
Xarty: But how will you comprehend it's Brilliance without my masterful and informative illustrations!
Brain:...Somehow I'll manage.

In any case, the plan has to fail. BRC, think I should tell 'em the plan now?

EDIT: I doubt they would notice a paper plane in the commotion.

BRC
2009-05-12, 04:03 PM
In any case, the plan has to fail. BRC, think I should tell 'em the plan now?
If you want.

Some ways Xarty's plan could fail, I'll get opinions.
1: Brain needs line of Sight to Mind Control, even if he knows where the driver is, he can't control him
2: The Smoke and Mirrors blocks mind control somehow, maybe felsteel acts like lead in that regard or Xavik built in Anti mind-control the driver measures.
3: Brain tries it, the driver makes his will save, or whatever.
4: Brain tries it, but the tank isn't going fast enough to cause any damage when he crashes it into the wall (Tanks are alot tougher than they are fast, and may actually be built with bashing through obstacles in mind) and the effort exauhsts Brain.

Mad Mask
2009-05-12, 04:03 PM
Possible Threeshades Death Scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI)

Why the hell did you put that up ? It's blindingly obvious that there would never be any Threeshades Death Scene on Youtube.

You fail at rickrolling.

X2
2009-05-12, 04:07 PM
If you want.

Some ways Xarty's plan could fail, I'll get opinions.
1: Brain needs line of Sight to Mind Control, even if he knows where the driver is, he can't control him
2: The Smoke and Mirrors blocks mind control somehow, maybe felsteel acts like lead in that regard or Xavik built in Anti mind-control the driver measures.
3: Brain tries it, the driver makes his will save, or whatever.
4: Brain tries it, but the tank isn't going fast enough to cause any damage when he crashes it into the wall (Tanks are alot tougher than they are fast, and may actually be built with bashing through obstacles in mind) and the effort exauhsts Brain.

Well it's up to Sinister (although the plan should take a few comics to fail). It could be that it's about to work but Xavik catches on and kills the driver. Having the telepathic meld severed forcibly would send Brain into cerebral shock (is cerebral the right word to use here, whatever, you know what I mean).

T-O-E
2009-05-12, 04:11 PM
Why the hell did you put that up ? It's blindingly obvious that there would never be any Threeshades Death Scene on Youtube.

You fail at rickrolling.

Also the "this video is not available in your country" thing. Fail.

SinisterPenguin
2009-05-12, 04:24 PM
Well it's up to Sinister (although the plan should take a few comics to fail). It could be that it's about to work but Xavik catches on and kills the driver. Having the telepathic meld severed forcibly would send Brain into cerebral shock (is cerebral the right word to use here, whatever, you know what I mean).

Alright, I'm making a comic. How does it sound if Brain gets the paper, starts to mind control the driver, then whoever makes the next comic shows the driver making his will save/Xavik killing him/whatever?

X2
2009-05-12, 04:33 PM
Alright, I'm making a comic. How does it sound if Brain gets the paper, starts to mind control the driver, then whoever makes the next comic shows the driver making his will save/Xavik killing him/whatever?

Swell! I cannot wait.

BRC
2009-05-12, 05:22 PM
I've got a nifty way for the driver to be un mind-controlled.

BRC
2009-05-12, 08:45 PM
Working on a comic. Here's the template for Xavik's flame tank, the Smoke and Mirrors (So named because of it's commander's famous cigars. Because of the flamethrower. And because Xavik had it built with some illusion magic to pull off things like that pile-o-crates trick from before. Usually it's a rock or abunch of trees or something).
Anyway, Take a look
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Smokeandmirrors.png

The Gremlin
2009-05-12, 09:27 PM

You fail at rickrolling.

Darn you, MM! I at first ignored the link, knowing that it must be a trick. Then I misread your post and thought that you were saying that it was actually genuine, and clicked on it!:smallsigh:
I need to put some points in Wisdom...

BRC
2009-05-12, 09:48 PM
Whose that handsome young avatarist with the new TJH comic.

Why it must be me.

Anyway, hereyago. Panel one is Brain using his Focus sight thingy to pinpoint the pilot and the gunner. In panel Three we get to see the Voice of Command in action, and in panel four we gat to see what happens when you are kicked out of someones head by an ingrained semi-magical racial compulsion.

X2
2009-05-12, 10:46 PM
Whose that handsome young avatarist with the new TJH comic.

SHAFT!

Why it must be me.

Anyway, hereyago. Panel one is Brain using his Focus sight thingy to pinpoint the pilot and the gunner. In panel Three we get to see the Voice of Command in action, and in panel four we gat to see what happens when you are kicked out of someones head by an ingrained semi-magical racial compulsion.

So, Brain just decided to disregard step one then?

BRC
2009-05-12, 10:48 PM
So, Brain just decided to disregard step one then?
Ah right...

Well, Sinister's comic ended with him using the mind control, so I just picked up from there.

X2
2009-05-12, 10:50 PM
Ah right...

Well, Sinister's comic ended with him using the mind control, so I just picked up from there.

Don't worry, step 4 will undoubtedly be disregarded too.

But I don't understand what happened in panel 4 despite your explanation.

BRC
2009-05-12, 10:55 PM
Don't worry, step 4 will undoubtedly be disregarded too.

But I don't understand what happened in panel 4 despite your explanation.
Tiny (The driver, or at least that's what Xavik calls him), getting Voice of Commanded out of his mind control, hits the breaks on the tank. Brain gets some feedback and goes all sparky for abit. That feedback could result in anything from a mild headache that would be cleared up by a few asprin and ten minutes lying down on the couch, to brain damage. That's up to you guys, but it's probably closer to the former.

X2
2009-05-12, 10:58 PM
Tiny (The driver, or at least that's what Xavik calls him), getting Voice of Commanded out of his mind control, hits the breaks on the tank. Brain gets some feedback and goes all sparky for abit. That feedback could result in anything from a mild headache that would be cleared up by a few asprin and ten minutes lying down on the couch, to brain damage. That's up to you guys, but it's probably closer to the former.

And now Tiny knows where Brain is hiding...

...not good! Not good!

BRC
2009-05-12, 10:59 PM
And now Tiny knows where Brain is hiding...

...not good! Not good!
Yes... FEAR THE WRATH OF TINY!

edit: Tiny isn't actually any bigger or smaller than most machinists. Xavik's first driver was nicknamed "Tiny", and so after he died, Xavik made it a tradition to call his drivers "Tiny". When there are multiple tiny's around, they get designations: "Big Tiny" "Little Tiny" "Magi-Tiny" "Smart Tiny" ect

X2
2009-05-12, 11:01 PM
Yes... FEAR THE WRATH OF TINY!

In a big boopin' tank? Hell yes!

BRC
2009-05-12, 11:08 PM
In a bing boopin' tank? Hell yes!
A Big Boopin Flamethrower tank with built-in illusion magic so it can disguise itself as, say, THAT WALL RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Never forget about the flamethrowers.

Grim ranger
2009-05-13, 04:27 AM
Well, as I cannot update my character idea while in school, I guess I have to settle with bringing you newest surfaced tropes.

Another Dimension: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnotherDimension) TJH plot lives and breathes on this trope

Brain In A Jar: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrainInAJar)Brain from TJH plot

Cerebus Syndrome: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CerebusSyndrome)ABR in general seems to suffer from this rather lot

Incendiary Exponent: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IncendiaryExponent)ABR in general makes good use of this rule

Kill It With Fire: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KillItWithFire)Used many,many times in ABR. Expecially magnificently done in recent TJH strip, in which the villain uses flame tank

Lethal Lava Land: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LethalLavaLand)Episode 1 of TJH takes place in such enviroment, and FFF:s hell equvalents are often like this

BRC
2009-05-13, 08:07 AM
Lethal Lava Land: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LethalLavaLand)Episode 1 of TJH takes place in such enviroment, and FFF:s hell equvalents are often like this

I think Fire and Brimstone Hell (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FireAndBrimstoneHell) fits better
Edit More Troperage: Government Conspiracy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GovernmentConspiracy): Them. "People don't believe the truth, the truth is what people believe" indeed.
Tank Goodness (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TankGoodness): Or perhaps Tank Badness. The Machinists love this.
I had some more, but I forgot them.
Powered Armor (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PoweredArmor?from=Main.PowerArmor): The machinists use this. : Souls have plenty of uses. Everything from antimatter and fuel.
Our Souls are Different (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurSoulsAreDifferent)

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-14, 04:18 PM
Huh, I was expecting a flood of posts here earlier when the forums got back up.
Seems I was wrong though.

*pokes thread*

SinisterPenguin
2009-05-14, 04:34 PM
Well, as I cannot update my character idea while in school, I guess I have to settle with bringing you newest surfaced tropes.

Another Dimension: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnotherDimension) TJH plot lives and breathes on this trope

Brain In A Jar: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrainInAJar)Brain from TJH plot

Cerebus Syndrome: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CerebusSyndrome)ABR in general seems to suffer from this rather lot

Incendiary Exponent: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IncendiaryExponent)ABR in general makes good use of this rule

Kill It With Fire: (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KillItWithFire)Used many,many times in ABR. Expecially magnificently done in recent TJH strip, in which the villain uses flame tank

I think Fire and Brimstone Hell (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FireAndBrimstoneHell) fits better
Edit More Troperage: Government Conspiracy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GovernmentConspiracy): Them. "People don't believe the truth, the truth is what people believe" indeed.
Tank Goodness (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TankGoodness): Or perhaps Tank Badness. The Machinists love this.
I had some more, but I forgot them.
Powered Armor (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PoweredArmor?from=Main.PowerArmor): The machinists use this. : Souls have plenty of uses. Everything from antimatter and fuel.
Our Souls are Different (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurSoulsAreDifferent)

Added all these to the page.

X2
2009-05-14, 08:48 PM
Bad news ya'll. My computer is sick beyond repair and I need to re-install windows. :smallfrown:

I have backed up all of our important files (including my templates) but however I will not be able to post a comic for a while unless it's from school (as I am posting this message now).

VampireRot
2009-05-15, 06:02 AM
Bad news ya'll. My computer is sick beyond repair and I need to re-install windows. :smallfrown:

I have backed up all of our important files (including my templates) but however I will not be able to post a comic for a while unless it's from school (as I am posting this message now).

Bad luck. I would make a comic, but I can't think of a way to include my demons in this fight. Unless... No, that won't work. But maybe if I...

-skimmer-
2009-05-15, 07:27 AM

Ow, not good at all:smallfrown:

Bad luck. I would make a comic, but I can't think of a way to include my demons in this fight. Unless... No, that won't work. But maybe if I...

Just do it! We need to move the plot:smallsmile:

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-15, 09:19 PM
Would making a guild of (plane hopping.) bounty hunters after Damien for something he did to them be wierd?

Shades of Gray
2009-05-15, 09:20 PM
There's already something like that, CA.

Two of my future TJH characters are members of the DPD, Dimensional Police Department. They hunt down planehoppers and force them to pay a fine and get a license.

Also, any criminal records disqualify you from getting a license.

And planehopping is a criminal offense according to them.

So one must get a license before they plane hop for the first time.

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-15, 09:46 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g406.png

Shades of Gray
2009-05-15, 10:03 PM
The two existing DPD... Are a bit less... Nature-y? The current members of the DPD are from the turn of the century, early 1900s, in an alternate timeline.

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-15, 10:10 PM
She's evil. (are the DPD good?)

X2
2009-05-16, 12:39 AM
Hey guys I'm back for about an hour while windows installs. Did I miss anything?

EDIT: On someone elses computer

CRIMSON!

Hey VampireRot, say you planted a gem on shadesworth when you attacked him and you've been tracking us for a while. Ally with us to fight Xavik but then betray us bringing x2 to ARCANA RAGE!!!

Mina Kobold
2009-05-16, 03:24 AM
She's evil. (are the DPD good?)

As Mad said, no sane person sees themselves as evil. But they are enemies of the D-jumpers and has some strict and weird ideas (so to us they are evil)

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-16, 06:50 AM
She has a grudge with Damien.

Shades of Gray
2009-05-16, 07:31 AM
Perhaps she plane jumped somewhere, the DPD arrested her, and she offered her help with getting the D jumpers, in exchange for her freedom?

Lemming
2009-05-16, 09:53 AM
There's already something like that, CA.

Two of my future TJH characters are members of the DPD, Dimensional Police Department. They hunt down planehoppers and force them to pay a fine and get a license.

Also, any criminal records disqualify you from getting a license.

And planehopping is a criminal offense according to them.

So one must get a license before they plane hop for the first time.
Get things straight! :smalltongue: You keep getting me confused. Planes are inside of dimensions (plane of fire, ethereal plane, etc.). Dimensions are what we are hopping, not planes. They are different things. :smalltongue:

Or is it that they started out against plane-hopping, saw X2 dimension hopping and decided to track him down?

Mad Mask
2009-05-16, 10:18 AM
Get things straight! :smalltongue: You keep getting me confused. Planes are inside of universes (plane of fire, ethereal plane, etc.). Universes are what we are hopping, not planes. They are different things. :smalltongue:

Or is it that they started out against plane-hopping, saw X2 universe hopping and decided to track him down?

Maybe they do both; this would help religions speak their lies in Avbaroy without fearing plane hopping wizards. :smallsmile:

Shades of Gray
2009-05-16, 10:30 AM
Here's what happened (story time kiddies)

The DPD were originally the PPD (planar police department). They were confused when Xart and co. appeared in their plane (in their dimension) without it showing up on their radars. They sent Aimée and félix to investigate, who in turn, gathered info on D-Jumping. The DPD managed to reverse-engineer the D-Portal, although its strength was reduced (had to go through a week long downtime).

Now, they still hunt Planehoppers, but Aimée, Félix, and others are a special branch of the PPD known as the DPD, who hunt Dimension hoppers specifically.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-17, 01:04 PM
She has a grudge with Damien.So, together, she and Damien will try to kill someone they both hate?

X2
2009-05-17, 04:51 PM
Hey guys! Even worse news. The internet on the newly installed windows computer is not doing a damn thing! It might be a while before we fix it. :smallfrown: Suggestions

Hang in there though!

BRC
2009-05-17, 07:24 PM
Did this thread die during the server switch or somthing? Come on ABR, LIVE!

Mad Mask
2009-05-17, 07:29 PM
Did this thread die during the server switch or somthing? Come on ABR, LIVE!

Well, I'm preparing an ABR backstory, so I don't spend much time looked at Giantitp.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-17, 07:32 PM
Well, I'm preparing an ABR backstory, so I don't spend much time looked at Giantitp.For Karen Dewey or Stephen Mask?

Mad Mask
2009-05-17, 07:36 PM
For Karen Dewey or Stephen Mask?

For a new character. The two didn't have any really interesting story before Fat Fish Fury.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-05-17, 07:44 PM
I've been busy, but it certainly has been kinda quiet around here.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-17, 07:48 PM
...I don't think the forums make any noise to begin with.

BRC
2009-05-17, 08:42 PM
...I don't think the forums make any noise to begin with.
Get your ears checked. They are very loud.

Anyway, I've been sending my legions across Gaul recently (AKA playing Rome: Total War), but I could make a TJH comic, though it would probably just be the Smoke and Mirrors finding where somebody is hiding, and being about to charbroil them, giving time for somebody to intervene.

memnarch
2009-05-17, 08:58 PM
I sit on the sidelines and occasionally comment. :smalltongue:

Recently, I decided to read through Narbonic. Sheesh that is a big archive.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-17, 10:07 PM
I just saw the new Star Trek movie. Thought it would be my duty as "the_Q" to go see it.

It was alright, I suppose. It was less talky-talky and a lot more stuff blowing up, which is always a plus. They didn't even bother explaining the black-hole creating MacGuffin gizmo, which is refreshing.

But, like all things in life, it would've been better with a lot more Q and a lot less Ewoks.

Friggen Ewoks. :smallyuk:

T-O-E
2009-05-18, 01:21 AM
Recently, I decided to read through Narbonic. Sheesh that is a big archive.

I feel your pain. I recently went through the archive of Achewood in four or five days.

X2
2009-05-18, 02:37 AM
Because I'm back! I'm back!
Really really back!
And the whole world has to answer right now just to tell you once again...

Who's Back!?

But my screen does a weird strobe effect whenever I scroll.

Mina Kobold
2009-05-18, 06:51 AM
Really really back!

Who's Back!?

I've tried something like that, I think it disapears over time :smallsmile:

Also I'm watching every launched episode of "Avatar the last airbender" on the internet (in English since translating and uplading it to the internet is just too costy for small countries like Denmark:smallannoyed:) so don't expect me doing anything for a while

Nameless
2009-05-18, 07:07 AM
Really really back!

Who's Back!?

Welcome back?

X2
2009-05-18, 03:40 PM
Welcome back?

Don't celebrate just for little old me.

I insist.

Keris
2009-05-18, 03:58 PM
Don't celebrate just for little old me.

I insist.

'K.

So, who's going to make the next FFF comic? Or am I going to have to do something that actually furthers the plot?

Nameless
2009-05-18, 05:04 PM
Its me! :smallbiggrin:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/SouthParkMe.jpg

Mad Mask
2009-05-18, 05:09 PM
'K.

So, who's going to make the next FFF comic? Or am I going to have to do something that actually furthers the plot?

Lyinginbedmon is doing it, I believe. We're supposed to concentrate on other plots while he finishes his exams at school.

Shades of Gray
2009-05-18, 05:11 PM
I'd be TJH-ing it up right now, if it weren't for the two projects I have to finish today.

SinisterPenguin
2009-05-18, 05:55 PM
Well, I'm preparing an ABR backstory, so I don't spend much time looking at Giantitp.

I'm a bit late, but any chance you could tell us more about this backstory comic, MM? I am intrigued. :smallsmile:

X2
2009-05-18, 07:38 PM
Expect an FFF from me. Not really plot important, just X2 strutting and gloating and Threeshades hitting him with a cartoon trap door.

Why? Because I'm waiting for someone else to do a TJH! I'm tired of banging the drum alone (with BRC)

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-18, 08:18 PM
Expect an FFF from me. Not really plot important, just X2 strutting and gloating and Threeshades hitting him with a cartoon trap door.

Why? Because I'm waiting for someone else to do a TJH! I'm tired of banging the drum alone (with BRC)

I would, but I...don't feel like it.

Yes. No excuse. Just lazy.

Perhaps....maybe some day....I'll make a comic or something.

Right now I'm working on SSB-list.

X2
2009-05-18, 08:24 PM

Remember the cameooo... :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-18, 08:29 PM
Remember the cameooo... :smallbiggrin:

Not now. Later. :smallsigh:

But trust me, it's coming. :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2009-05-19, 12:02 PM

My excuse is the same, exept that I've also had a lot to do and is gonna rewrite my FI characters (a lot) later.

-skimmer-
2009-05-19, 01:30 PM
No time for me either:smallfrown:

Y'know, holidays are right behind the corner and school just goes all crazy.....

Emperor Ing
2009-05-19, 02:37 PM
I'm still waiting for it, why is it taking so long? :smallannoyed: Why wont tjh die?

X2
2009-05-20, 12:08 AM
Anyone up for continuing the home base plot?

Like Darklord Bright?

BRC
2009-05-20, 12:12 AM
Do I need to have Xavik light somebody on fire? If I do, it will need to wait until thursday, as it's too late to make a comic tonight, and I've got a class of '09 campout tommorow.

Darklord Bright
2009-05-20, 12:17 AM
Anyone up for continuing the home base plot?

Like Darklord Bright?

I'm just never sure where it's going. I'd like to be able to lead it around, but I just don't hve any idea which way to go, if you get what I mean. I could always just sketch up something with Katya dealing with the first bluewing on her way to the basement...?

X2
2009-05-20, 12:18 AM
Do I need to have Xavik light somebody on fire? If I do, it will need to wait until thursday, as it's too late to make a comic tonight, and I've got a class of '09 campout tommorow.

Well I was hoping to enact failing plan number 2 first. Here goes:

With Brain incapacitated as a result of the telepathic link being forcibly severed command falls on Damiens shoulders but he is unfortunately toasted before any proper command decisions can be made. At this time a gemstone which was planted on Shadesworth is activated and a hologram of Slaudor appears to offer a temporary alliance as Slaudor wants Machinist technology far more that interdimensional travel. The gemstone can teleport Slaudor's attack force with a code word spoken by the one is power. With Xartyve2 now in command the choice to allow the teleport falls on him, he allows it but at the first sign of trouble Slaudor betrays the away team.

From there the group will TPK and X2 will go into Arcana-Rage.

Darklord Bright
2009-05-20, 12:22 AM
Plot is going to hell for the heroes around now, isn't it? :smalltongue:

BRC
That's a horrible pun and you should be ashamed.

X2

Yes. No pun intended?

I'm just never sure where it's going. I'd like to be able to lead it around, but I just don't hve any idea which way to go, if you get what I mean. I could always just sketch up something with Katya dealing with the first bluewing on her way to the basement...?

The second generator goes off on her way to the engineering deck and Home Base is stuck in blackout. Katya uses sonar to detect the first bluewing who is closing in on White and Deb in the cafeteria.

Darklord Bright
2009-05-20, 12:23 AM
That's a horrible pun and you should be ashamed.

Pun? What- oh. Oh wow, I make bad puns subconsciously...

X2
2009-05-20, 12:26 AM
Pun? What- oh. Oh wow, I make bad puns subconsciously...

Oooh! I got a great character development idea!

Is Katya upset that she was denied her application to the away team?

BRC
2009-05-20, 12:47 AM
Oh yeah, how does this sound.

The Away Team D-Hop's out of hell. However, that gives Gadley the hint he needs to finish deciphering some of Vadrik's notes. From that, they learn how to build Dimensional Portals, and start sending through teams. One team ends up at Home Base, and defects (Originally as a lie in order to not get killed, but they never get around to escaping or causing real mischief)
The Other Home Basers initially treat them with mistrust, but eventually realize that abunch of devils are nowhere near the weirdest thing they've got working for them.

Darklord Bright
2009-05-20, 12:56 AM
Hope no one minds the style/strip itself. I find this style easier to work with - also it's been resized to half it's original size, so tell me if I should make it bigger.

X2
2009-05-20, 01:57 AM
Hope no one minds the style/strip itself. I find this style easier to work with - also it's been resized to half it's original size, so tell me if I should make it bigger.

It's good but oh man! Why is Katya acting so weird?

Darklord Bright
2009-05-20, 02:00 AM
It's good but oh man! Why is Katya acting so weird?

Because she's beating crap up again. She's always been this awesome. :smallamused:

X2
2009-05-20, 02:02 AM
Because she's beating crap up again. She's always been this awesome. :smallamused:

Up until now she's been cold and calculating. Way to make a U-Turn.

Also is she upset that she's not on the away team!?

Darklord Bright
2009-05-20, 02:09 AM
Up until now she's been cold and calculating. Way to make a U-Turn.

Also is she upset that she's not on the away team!?

She might be upset that she can't travel the planes and beat stuff up anymore because she's babysitting the home basers, yes.

She is how she is, if she seems cold and calculating, then I suppose she is - but she enoys killing stuff (and taking their loot, if applicable) far too much for her own good.

Edit: Also, the change in artstyle affects how she is percieved because of how I make her emote herself, methinks.

X2
2009-05-20, 02:14 AM
She might be upset that she can't travel the planes and beat stuff up anymore because she's babysitting the home basers, yes.

She is how she is, if she seems cold and calculating, then I suppose she is - but she enoys killing stuff (and taking their loot, if applicable) far too much for her own good.

Uh... she's not in the away team period.

EDIT: God damn it! Why am I always at the top here!?

Darklord Bright
2009-05-20, 02:16 AM
Uh... she's not in the away team period.

She used to be a planehopper, not D-Jumper. She misses the days when she did the typical adventuring stuff and is annoyed that they are going out there and doing what she loves and leaving her behind, is what I meant.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-20, 06:16 AM

I like it when I'm on top of the page (which is what I'm assuming you meant). Whenever anybody goes to the next page, they are reminded of me. :smallbiggrin:

Also, it may haver something to do with you posting constantly.

X2
2009-05-20, 06:37 PM
I like it when I'm on top of the page (which is what I'm assuming you meant). Whenever anybody goes to the next page, they are reminded of me. :smallbiggrin:

Also, it may haver something to do with you posting constantly.

Post a TJH already! I can't because my computer is still buggy and won't let me start Inkscape. Even so, when I get Inkscape I'll be working on...

...something :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-20, 07:06 PM
Post a TJH already!

Luckily, you have caught me in a comic-y mood and I yet have no plans for the next SSB-List! I can make the comic! :smallbiggrin:

...Only I have no idea what I would do for such a comic. What can Shadesworth do in this situation?! Punch the bad guy? He's in a friggen TANK!!

What would this comic have in it? And don't get complex on me either.

X2
2009-05-20, 07:13 PM
Luckily, you have caught me in a comic-y mood and I yet have no plans for the next SSB-List! I can make the comic! :smallbiggrin:

...Only I have no idea what I would do for such a comic. What can Shadesworth do in this situation?! Punch the bad guy? He's in a friggen TANK!!

What would this comic have in it? And don't get complex on me either.

I made a post earlier about it. Go read.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-20, 07:18 PM
I made a post earlier about it. Go read.

Which one? You have 1000 posts on the last page alone!

..Okay, that's an exaggeration, but still!

[EDIT] Okay, after reading that post, I have decided that, not only am I confused and I have no clue what the heck you were talking about, it also sounds hard to draw.

I am no longer in a comic-y mood. I am going to have a nap. :smallsigh:

X2
2009-05-20, 08:41 PM
Which one? You have 1000 posts on the last page alone!

..Okay, that's an exaggeration, but still!

[EDIT] Okay, after reading that post, I have decided that, not only am I confused and I have no clue what the heck you were talking about, it also sounds hard to draw.

I am no longer in a comic-y mood. I am going to have a nap. :smallsigh:

Easier to draw? How about this then? Shadesworth and X2 on a white background saying hello repeatedly.That's easier isn't it?

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-21, 06:05 AM
Easier to draw? How about this then? Shadesworth and X2 on a white background saying hello repeatedly.That's easier isn't it?

Indeed. That would be easier to draw. I don't see how that would impact the story, though. :smallsigh:

Anyway, Shadesworth is supposed to have a gem planted in him to send a hologram of Slaudor (also, who the hell is Slaundor?)? That sounds very complex.

Though I guess I could try it anyway.

I don't think I'll draw OOTS style anymore, though. I'm too used to sprites and OOTS style has never looked very good when made by me. I think I'll also make sprites of everybody myself, using my new-found sprite-making skills, so that you are able to say that I made it.

-skimmer-
2009-05-21, 07:16 AM
Anyway, Shadesworth is supposed to have a gem planted in him to send a hologram of Slaudor (also, who the hell is Slaundor?)? That sounds very complex.

Slaudor made his first appearance here:
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss354/VampireRot/TJH1.png

I don't think I'll draw OOTS style anymore, though. I'm too used to sprites and OOTS style has never looked very good when made by me. I think I'll also make sprites of everybody myself, using my new-found sprite-making skills, so that you are able to say that I made it.

Wow, sprites would be cool:smallsmile:

Shades of Gray
2009-05-21, 07:26 AM
Sprites would be awesome, Q-man. I recall trying to make Oliver in Fire emblem style a long time ago, before I became good at spriting.

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 10:19 AM
Hey, I am looking to join this, (to hopefully help improve my art skills). Does anyone know of a good image-hosting site? Also, I do not plan to enter into the plot for a while.

T-O-E
2009-05-21, 10:24 AM
I use tinypic (http://tinypic.com/) but imageshack's (http://imageshack.us/) pretty good too.
Also, photobucket. (http://photobucket.com/)

Nameless
2009-05-21, 10:26 AM
Hey, I am looking to join this, (to hopefully help improve my art skills). Does anyone know of a good image-hosting site? Also, I do not plan to enter into the plot for a while.

I see you're a Johnen Vazques fan. :smallamused:

Threeshades
2009-05-21, 10:28 AM

That's Jhonen Vasquez to you. :smallannoyed:

Nameless
2009-05-21, 10:33 AM
That's Jhonen Vasquez to you. :smallannoyed:

Stop correcting me! :smallmad: :smalltongue:

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 01:23 PM

Ooookkkkkk... Who or what are you talking about? I am just looking to kill people with sandwiches and giant rubber piggies :smalltongue:

And on another note... Must obey the Taco Man :smallbiggrin:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-05-21, 02:13 PM
Ooookkkkkk... Who or what are you talking about? I am just looking to kill people with sandwiches and giant rubber piggies :smalltongue:

And on another note... Must obey the Taco Man :smallbiggrin:

Jhonen Vasquez was the creator of Invader Zim, and Threeshades' non-Burlewan art has a lot of similar features (S/He's a fan).

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 02:24 PM
Jhonen Vasquez was the creator of Invader Zim, and Threeshades' non-Burlewan art has a lot of similar features (S/He's a fan).

Oh, I forgot about that. I guess I was usually too busy laughing at how funny the show was to notice who made it. :smallredface:

I was really bummed when they cancelled Invader Zim... :smallfrown:

EDIT: I have now (sort of) joined the ABR!

Nameless
2009-05-21, 02:46 PM

He also wrote JTHM and one of my favourite comics: I Feel Sick.
He also inspired my art slightly.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/Gravecoloured.png

Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to sing the Doom Song,
DOOMDOOMDOMMDOMDOMDOOOOOMDOOMDOOOM…

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 04:31 PM
I had hoped to get my first kill up soon (it involved everyone's favorite punching bag :smallbiggrin: ) but I have to finish my schoolwork. CURSE YOU SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!! :smallfurious:

:smalltongue: (jk)

Emperor Ing
2009-05-21, 04:35 PM
#1 rule of ABR, never, under any circumstances, encourage Nameless. NEVER. :smallmad:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-21, 04:39 PM
I was really bummed The world cried tears of pure sorrow when they canceled Invader Zim... :smallfrown:
Fixed that for you.

EDIT: I have now (sort of) joined the ABR!
Huzzah? :smalltongue:

@V - It's cute. :3

memnarch
2009-05-21, 04:39 PM
Nameless, why do all your drawings have the mouth stitched shut? It's rather creepy....

Lemming
2009-05-21, 04:41 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/Gravecoloured.png
How the heck do you do that? I have never seen a more adorable zombie! :smallredface:

Emperor Ing
2009-05-21, 04:47 PM
How the heck do you do that? I have never seen a more adorable zombie! :smallredface:

#1 rule of ABR, never, under any circumstances, encourage Nameless. NEVER. :smallmad:
...:smallannoyed:

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 04:48 PM

You gonna make Biscuits? You gonna make Biscuits? You gonna make Biscuits? You gonna make Biscuits? You gonna make Biscuits?

Nameless
2009-05-21, 04:51 PM

Thankyou ^-^

Nameless, why do all your drawings have the mouth stitched shut? It's rather creepy....

@V - It's cute. :3

Lemming
2009-05-21, 05:01 PM
...:smallannoyed:
I'm not... encouraging... why are you... looking at me like that... :smalleek: :smalleek:

Threeshades
2009-05-21, 05:07 PM
TJH:

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/g24601/A.gif

Meet Frent a enchanted cat.

Whoo. I dont know, the horrible misspelling of "Tiefling" on the sign seems intentional, but the ones in your signature and the speechbubbles probably aren't.
It's Tiefling, not Teifling. Know your foe (and how he's spelled).

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 05:23 PM
Yeah! I just made my first Nightwing kill! Now I am "officially" in ABR! I tend to use exclamation marks a lot! The only thing that could make this better would be a waffle! :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-05-21, 05:26 PM
by copy and pasting....everything, you're no better than Nightwing yourself. Granted, you're still nowhere NEAR nightwing's standards, but you're a step closer.

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 05:29 PM
I only copy-pasted the piggies... And that was because I am horrible at drawing *sniffles* :smallfrown: Anyways, Nightwing only had one image that he kept posting.

EDIT: fine, I'll change it... :smallannoyed:

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-21, 06:14 PM
~TnD's tips to art improvement~

Step 1: Find a program you like! Make sure it fits your style! If you like doing different angles and having details, but keeping your images slightly less shapely, try out photoshop or a similar program and grabbing a tablet; if you want to take the free route and have simple looking but crisp and cute characters, jump the inkscape wagon. Don't stick with Paint.

Step 2: Find a tutorial! Read through it, and draw along with it to get a feel for the program!

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 06:26 PM
Actually, I have Photoshop, my problem is having time to practice. And as for tutorials, I can just ask my dad, (he is a computer artist/ effects artist/ skybox artist for Bungie)

Nameless
2009-05-21, 06:27 PM
Actually, I have Photoshop, my problem is having time to practice. And as for tutorials, I can just ask my dad, (he is a computer artist/ effects artist/ skybox artist for Bungie)

*smaps* YOU HAVE A FATHER WHO DOES THAT STUFF!? Ask him to help you! :smallmad:

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 07:01 PM
*smaps* YOU HAVE A FATHER WHO DOES THAT STUFF!? Ask him to help you! :smallmad:

He doesn't have enough time either, considering the fact that he works till almost midnight.

VampireRot
2009-05-21, 07:21 PM
fine, I'll change it... :smallannoyed:

Oooooo, I like the new one better than the piggies. You're like randomizer, 'cept instead of chainsaws you got mini gattling guns! :smallbiggrin:

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 07:26 PM
That isn't all he has... and those are sandwich gatling guns, thank you very much!:smalltongue:

VampireRot
2009-05-21, 07:38 PM
That isn't all he has... and those are sandwich gatling guns, thank you very much!:smalltongue:

AWESOMESAUCE

BRC
2009-05-21, 07:41 PM
Wait, Gattling Guns AND Sandwhiches? Where have I heard that before...
http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/500/heavy3.jpg

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-21, 07:45 PM

Interesting, but by storing all those sandwiches as ammunition. He obviously doesn't have room left for the cupcapes and/or tuna. [/reference]

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 08:25 PM
Interesting, but by storing all those sandwiches as ammunition. He obviously doesn't have room left for the cupcapes and/or tuna. [/reference]

didn't you know? Gir's head is a multidimensional portal, also known as a head of holding :smallbiggrin:

Shades of Gray
2009-05-21, 08:54 PM
Seriously... He had a sammich in his head.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-21, 09:22 PM
I just want to let you all know that I have now officially abandoned OOTS style art.

I have made Shadesworth's, Xartyve2's, Skimmer's, and Saunders' templates plus the tank, all with pixel-art that I have made 100%! :biggrin:

All I need to do is the actual comic part of it. I will throw it all together tomorrow. For now: nap time.

Just saying so none of you blow up the tank before I can post my comic, if you all don't mind.

InvaderGir
2009-05-21, 09:38 PM
Seriously... He had a sammich in his head.

SAMMICH!!! :smallbiggrin:

hhmmm... Who should I kill next... :smallconfused:

Whoever it is will have to face the awesome power of... The Taco Hammer dun dun duhn! Elan! sorry...:elan:

X2
2009-05-22, 04:46 AM
Well posting has been nonexistant so I might take a short break until someone finally does something. I know I've got a LOT of Deep Space Nine to watch.

Goodbye guys, I'm going to miss you. But then again, all good things must come to an end.

I will return. *rides off into the sunset*

Lyinginbedmon
2009-05-22, 04:57 AM
Now's probably a good time to mention that my holidays start today...

Nameless
2009-05-22, 05:42 AM

I don't get Half Term. ._.

T-O-E
2009-05-22, 09:35 AM
I have made Shadesworth's, Xartyve2's, Skimmer's, and Saunders' templates plus the tank, all with pixel-art that I have made 100%! :biggrin:

Reminds me of "A Modest Destiny".

Mina Kobold
2009-05-22, 10:23 AM

Mine started yesterday (yay!)

@Q: nice new style but are you sure that the plan was to let the demon help the ENEMY... Not to critizise or anything ( trying to be friendly while pointing out erorsmis hard, don't hate me:smallfrown:)

-skimmer-
2009-05-22, 10:32 AM
Nice improvement Q!:smallsmile:
But wouldn't there be some problems with gestures, walking and such?

Also, 3 weeks to holidays for me:smallfrown:

BRC
2009-05-22, 10:35 AM
Nice work Q. Though if the Tank WAS that close, it would be flamethrowering. But that's no biggie, good work on the style.
Edit: Though, looking again, Shadesworthy seems very buff, and Skimmer has very prominent...assets...

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-22, 02:14 PM
Edit: Though, looking again, Shadesworth seems very buff, and Skimmer has very prominent...assets...

Yeah. I've never been very good at drawing females. I always screw up one way or another. I'll try to fix that though.

Shadesworth is supposed to look like that.

@Q: nice new style but are you sure that the plan was to let the demon help the ENEMY...

...Oh crap! CRAP! :eek:

I misread the plan! I screwed it up! :smallfrown:

Oh well. I guess we'll have to find a way to incorporate that to make it make sense. We'll need a new plan.

Nice improvement Q!:smallsmile:
But wouldn't there be some problems with gestures, walking and such?

Not really. I made templates without legs or arms, so that I may be able to pose them easily.

VampireRot
2009-05-22, 04:10 PM
...Oh crap! CRAP! :eek:

I misread the plan! I screwed it up! :smallfrown:

Oh well. I guess we'll have to find a way to incorporate that to make it make sense. We'll need a new plan.

Don't worry, I fixedished it. Horray for improvision.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-22, 04:22 PM
Don't worry, I fixedished it. Horray for improvision.

Horray indeed. Thank you. :smallsmile:

SinisterPenguin
2009-05-22, 04:23 PM
...Wait, I'm confused. Why would Xartvye tell Shadesworth to bring the gem to the tank? What purpose does that serve? :smallconfused:

Also, nice new style, Q.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-22, 04:44 PM
...Wait, I'm confused. Why would Xartvye tell Shadesworth to bring the gem to the tank? What purpose does that serve? :smallconfused:

...That was my mistake. :smallredface:

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-22, 09:04 PM
Hey everyone. :smallsmile:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-22, 09:06 PM

Hello to you too. Nice to see you again (sort of).

VampireRot
2009-05-22, 09:08 PM

Hey Dr. Nick!

Waitaminute...

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-22, 09:09 PM
Hello to you too. Nice to see you again (sort of).

Golly, thanks Q.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-22, 09:10 PM
I just realized! This is getting close to 50 pages again!

Has anybody else called it yet, and if not DIBS ON THE NEXT THREAD!

SinisterPenguin
2009-05-22, 09:55 PM
...There's 9 pages left. That's not exactly what I would call close, especially at the pace we've been going at recently. :smallwink:

Also, nice new avatar, Q. :smallsmile:

memnarch
2009-05-22, 11:04 PM
Given the amount of time it took for this thread to show, it might be reasonable.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-23, 07:01 AM
...There's 9 pages left. That's not exactly what I would call close, especially at the pace we've been going at recently. :smallwink:

Also, nice new avatar, Q. :smallsmile:

Well, if I waited until page 48 to call it, somebody else would've before me. :smallsigh:

And I'm glad somebody noticed! :smallsigh:

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 07:29 AM
Baby Q in the avatar has a big nose.

>.>
<.<

Haha!

Emperor Ing
2009-05-23, 07:30 AM
Ah, it seems someone doesn't get the reference. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 07:43 AM
Ah, it seems someone doesn't get the reference. :smalltongue:

Reference to that baby mario game. But baby Q still has a big nose. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-05-23, 07:45 AM
I believe Baby Mario had a big nose as well.

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 07:46 AM
I believe Baby Mario had a big nose as well.

That doesn't make it any less funny. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-05-23, 07:54 AM
That doesn't make it any less funny. :smalltongue:
Then pick up a copy of Yoshi's Island and tell me how long you're LOLing for.

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 08:00 AM
Then pick up a copy of Yoshi's Island and tell me how long you're LOLing for.

Mario's nose is supposed to be big, it looks natural. But on Q it looks hilarious. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-05-23, 08:05 AM
Maybe he has cancer you insensitive bastard. :smallannoyed:

:smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-23, 09:18 AM
Baby Q's big nose more of a reference of a past Q story then to Mario.

It is a reference to the short-lived Tales of the Q-man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95411).

Mina Kobold
2009-05-23, 09:45 AM
@BRC: What exactly is the floor in the tank room made of (as I've stated before Moss power don't work on metal or artificial material)

BRC
2009-05-23, 09:52 AM
@BRC: What exactly is the floor in the tank room made of (as I've stated before Moss power don't work on metal or artificial material)
Probably Concrete or Metal. Definitely not a natural substance though.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-23, 06:22 PM
While strolling through the park one day
In the merry, merry month of May,
I was taken by surprise by the greatest thing I've seen in ages.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5921/wedowhatwemust.jpghttp://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4938/becausewecan.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't get a shot of the full thing. Too much traffic. D:

Also, I had to buy my friend some ice cream because I sort of punched him in the stomach when I was grabbing for his phone. <.<

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 06:24 PM
While strolling through the park one day
In the merry, merry month of May,
I was taken by surprise by the greatest thing I've seen in ages.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5921/wedowhatwemust.jpghttp://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4938/becausewecan.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't get a shot of the full thing. Too much traffic. D:

Uhhhh.... What is it?

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-23, 06:24 PM
You don't know what Aperture science is? Then I have nothing to say to you. D:

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 06:30 PM
OH! Portal! The cake is a lie! Right?

Emperor Ing
2009-05-23, 06:33 PM
Uhhhh.... What is it?
You are not worthy of an explamation sir. :smallannoyed:

Falgorn
2009-05-23, 06:41 PM
Post it everywhere...see if you find an actual Aperture Science Lab.

Lemming
2009-05-23, 06:41 PM
You are not worthy of an explamation sir. :smallannoyed:
Can he have an explanation then? :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 06:43 PM
Can he have an explanation then? :smalltongue:

It's a labratory in the Half-Life universe. Where Portal takes place.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-23, 06:56 PM
Someone's slow to catch on. What do you think all of Glados's references to Aperture Science meant? :smalltongue:
"Hello, and welcome to the Aperture Science computer-aided enrichment activity."

Shades of Gray
2009-05-23, 06:56 PM
Tiff, you did not fulfill your duty. You had to follow that car back to the lab, steal the portal technology, and bring it back to me in Canada.

Seriously, you are the worst lackey ever.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-05-23, 06:58 PM
Seriously, you are the worst lackey ever.

Wait, she was your lackey? But I thought.....

*sniff*

Never mind. :smallfrown:

*runs away*

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-23, 07:03 PM
Lacky..?

I work alone. *Dramatic pose*

Shades of Gray
2009-05-23, 07:03 PM
Couldn't we meet halfway?... Right in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?

EDIT: You ninja deleted... Maybe you aren't such a bad lackey after all.

Lemming
2009-05-23, 07:10 PM
It's a labratory in the Half-Life universe. Where Portal takes place.
You were the one needing explanation. Not me. :smallannoyed:
So you'll have to forget all about Portal so that Rand can explain it to you. :smalltongue:
*Throws pheromone pod*
*Runs*

memnarch
2009-05-23, 07:22 PM
Have you tried searching online to see if you can find it Tiff? I'm having no luck so far.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-05-23, 07:29 PM
Have you tried searching online to see if you can find it Tiff? I'm having no luck so far.

Haven't bothered, I just assumed it was some guy who was really into portal. :smalltongue:

I'll check around though.

BRC
2009-05-23, 07:35 PM
I should make a TJH tonight, possibly involving the big red thing, and a number of rounds (less than Six, but greater than Four) and rapidity.
Or just having Tiny ram Socks.

Emperor Ing
2009-05-23, 07:36 PM
Mean ol' Tarrasque with a monacle and top hat... I'll get my own gentleman Tarrasque! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the Tarrasque...

psst, post comments in the comments thread.

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 07:39 PM
psst, post comments in the comments thread.

That was in the art thread?! Dammit... Oh well. :smalltongue:

Mean ol' Tarrasque with a monacle and top hat... I'll get my own gentleman Tarrasque! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the Tarrasque...

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-23, 07:44 PM
I'm gunna make a comic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <-(unnescesary amount of !'s.)

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 07:46 PM
I'm gunna make a comic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <-(unnescesary amount of !'s.)

GAH! Ameteur! If you're going to use lots of !'s, use 1's too! And one's! EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!1one!!

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-23, 08:04 PM
You truly are the masrer of ones.

Falgorn
2009-05-23, 08:41 PM
Good to have ou back, CA.

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-23, 08:48 PM
Just until monday, than it's back to being grounded. By the way, I'm grounded for arguing with my mom about spongebob.

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 08:49 PM
Just until monday, than it's back to being grounded. By the way, I'm grounded for arguing with my mom about spongebob.

...Eh. What?

Mad Mask
2009-05-23, 08:58 PM

Somehow, I don't think this is the whole story...

Lyinginbedmon
2009-05-23, 08:58 PM
I too would like some kind of explanation there

Mad Mask
2009-05-23, 08:59 PM
Tim, are you going to make a Fat Fish Fury comic ? Or should I ?

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 09:01 PM
I have an idea! Lets substitute the word "Spongbob" with the first word that comes into your head.

Why is your mother angry about cheesecake Crimson?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-05-23, 09:01 PM
Working on it but I've been very busy lately.

Feel free to give it a shot, first the finish line wins and whatnot :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-05-23, 09:07 PM
Newscaster: "blah blah, something about a double entandre about sponge bob."

dad: come in here to take your pill!

me: yes, dad.

later.

me: What was the double entandre, mom?

mom: A double entandre is something with two meanings.

me: I meant the one for spongebob.

mom: a double entandre is something with two meanings. :smallannoyed:

me: no... the one for spongebob.

mom: a double entandre is something with two meanings. :smallmad:

me: the news guy-

mom: THERES ALOT, DO YOU WANT ME TO NAME THEM ALL? :smallfurious:

me: no, just the one he said.

mom: a double entandre is something with two meanings! :smallfurious:

me: Nevermind, I realy don't want to argue.

mom: AGH!

later.

dad: why did you argue with your mother?

me: pardon?

Lemming
2009-05-23, 09:45 PM
...Hmm? What? I lost you at "pill"...

VampireRot
2009-05-23, 09:54 PM
...Hmm? What? I lost you at "pill"...

It's his crazy pill. We all take one.