PDA

View Full Version : Robotic Grippers/Graspers/EOTs

Grey Paladin
2009-04-16, 02:35 PM
Anyone who can link me up to a good source regarding any of the above is asked to do so.

I offer my eternal gratitude to any who complies, with a possibility for an Internet.

Occasional Sage
2009-04-16, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure what you're looking for this for. In the absence of guidance, I provide you with this link to the .pdf of a paper on an autonomous robot which detects and collects slugs for digestion as a source of power. It discusses some of the problems the creators had in properly identifying and physically grasping the slugs.

Hope this meets your needs.

Grey Paladin
2009-04-16, 03:03 PM
On the offchance you were not kidding, I would give my firstborn and three camels for that PDF.

I am looking for information regarding the history and different operating mechanisms of grasping end of arm tools, although I can settle for modern examples and just figure out the later myself.

Occasional Sage
2009-04-16, 04:25 PM
Oops! I meant this link (www.cse.msu.edu/~mckinley/920/Spring-2007/owen-holland-slugbot.pdf) to the .pdf, but I forgot to linkify my text. It will auto-download the file for you.

ETA: Camels and internets are always appreciated around here. Got plenty of firstborns, though. ;-)

Extra_Crispy
2009-04-18, 06:13 AM
Well I went to google and just typed in robot suit and got a few hits. The one I like the most is this one (http://www.zimbio.com/Robots/articles/22/Army+Develops+Robot+Suit+Enemy+Says+Aww+crap) A suit that can lift 200lbs effortlessly, can walk, run, and climb stairs. But only has a 40 min battery life

There are others just go to google and enter robot suit or variant.

thubby
2009-04-18, 07:21 AM
you should take a look at asimo, I'm sure he has a home page somewhere.

those annoying robot pets have all sorts of neat stuff in them.

car assembly lines use all kinds of robotics.