PDA

View Full Version : Playground Penpals!

Felixaar
2009-04-23, 06:02 AM
edit: we've gone through our first match up of penpals, but it's never too late to sign up, so if you're still interested, go ahead.

Woo! So, now that I finally have a stable address, I figured it was time we set up a Playground Penpal Program, so that we can all exchange letters and stuff and get to know eachother through old timey snail-mail post.

So, if you're interested, say so here! You can either PM me or your address or just wait till you get a PenPal and PM it to them, but either way, don't worry about it until you get a PenPal. I'll post a list of people looking for penpals here, and you can select your own if you want, or I could just match up people depending on what they want as far as Penpals.

Obviously you'll need to able to write on a regular basis, and it's obviously a good idea to check with your parents first. You've also got to remember that as friendly as all most of our fellow playgrounders are, that's only most... so, you will want to be careful and might just want to stick to people you already know and trust. Just as a legally thing, I should state that I bare no responsibility for the content of letters or the actions of penpallers.

If you just want me to match you up with someone, fill out this quiz and PM it to me...

How old are you?

What age would you like your penpal to be, approximately?

Where do you live?

Where would you like your penpal to live?

Make sure you only PM me your address, not just post it randomly on the internets - Stranger Danger and all that.

So, enjoy! It's a good way of getting to know people, and setting up non-internet relationships in the eyes of your parents incase you want to attend meet-ups and think they'll eat you alive if you suggest meeting people from the dreaded internets. I mean, who knows? Letters could help! Especially if you feel like coming on my roadtrip (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5927091#post5927091)!

And you can obviously have more than one PenPal if you want. I'll probably mail pretty much anyone... who looks reasonably attractive.

...*puts hand to ear* Oh no. Ohhhhh no!!

*runs for life, shortly followed by a picket-mob from the feminists league*

edit:

People Interested in PenPals

none here now, check back later!

Dispozition
2009-04-23, 07:00 AM
Luckily I can just meet you in real life...Something I'll have to get around to doing one of these days.

I'll be open to pen-pal-ing with someone, but I'll only be giving my address once someone's up for it :P

Felixaar
2009-04-23, 07:37 AM
Heh, you're right, that part does seem a little odd *changes*

And we should totally do that. Give me some time to get my place up to scratch and we'll like, play games or something. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2009-04-23, 07:49 AM
This sounds interesting. I'm not sure my parents would really accept it as an excuse to come to meetups, since the only way I'd get a penpal is from the internet and they know I come here. Unless my penpal writes in German or something, I could make some BS about how the school set it up, but that's still a bit illogical for the whole meetup thing. :smalltongue: They'd probably be like "Why are you spending money on mail, don't you have facebook?!"
Either way, I enjoy receiving mail, so I'll sign up for this.

Ashtar
2009-04-24, 03:42 AM
For any excuse needing Playgrounder, or anyone who simply likes to recieve mail, postcards or other snail sent items, I'm all for it (*since I originally proposed my services as "convenient excuse snail mail penpal"). Any mail sent is answered. Address is available on PM.

I'm not the most regular letter writer, but I do get to it regularly enough. I can write in English, French, German and can give my best shot in Spanish or Italian. Also available in limited Chinese! :smallbiggrin: Any other language can be arranged, mostly thanks to babelfish and the joys of discovering another tongue.

I'm curious to see what, if anything, comes out of this. Anyway, you're all welcome to send mail (and nuts!) to the scary squirrel.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-24, 06:22 AM
*is also a part of The Red Army:roach:
*has already met Ashtar*
:smallcool:

But what I think is that, my parents would be very suspicious if I were to start penpalling you. Reaaally suspicious. And be like 'why aren't you just sending him/her a PM?''

Cheesegear
2009-04-24, 07:03 AM
Well, here I am sitting here in Australia. I had a penpal for a while...But it kind of dropped off. Still. My biggest drawback is that I Handwrite, instead of Print my letters. So, people can't read my 'old-timey' writing. :smallfrown:

Felixaar
2009-04-24, 07:53 AM
Neat! All the sign ups are lookin' fun. I'll start matchin' people up in a week or so when we have a few more entries.

Anuan
2009-04-24, 08:21 AM
I think you know my address, Felixaar. I'll mail anyone, though my handwriting is horrible ^^; I'm slightly more eligible with a quil, though, so expect spidery writing!

Cheesegear
2009-04-24, 08:47 AM
Neat! All the sign ups are lookin' fun. I'll start matchin' people up in a week or so when we have a few more entries.

Are you going to pick all the best ones for yourself?

Felixaar
2009-04-24, 08:57 AM
Obviously. But as I'll be penpaling with many people, I'll make sure anyone who penpals with me is also penpalling with someone else. After all, we can be polypenpalorous about this, right? :smalltongue:

Cheesegear
2009-04-24, 09:05 AM
I'll be sure to start all my letters with

"Can't talk now...Monkeys chasing me...Write later.

...Well, I made it. How are you?"

averagejoe
2009-04-24, 09:24 AM
I am interested in theory, but I am uncertain as to where my address will be in the near future. So I will have to hold off until then.

Crispy Dave
2009-04-27, 08:47 PM
Sign me up I'll PM you my info in a bit.

TFT
2009-04-28, 01:07 AM
Hey, since I am already Pen Palling with Felix anyway, I may as well do it with others too, right?

On a sidenote - Felix, I have to apologize and say that I haven't sent the letter out yet. I was too distracted by Prom(I'm sure you understand that, right?) Letter should be out by the end of next week though.

wadledo
2009-04-28, 01:18 AM
Well, I might as well try it, especially if I'm going off to college next year.
Sign me up.(PM forthcoming, when I have sleep)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-28, 01:29 AM
Hey, since I am already Pen Palling with Felix anyway, I may as well do it with others too, right?

On a sidenote - Felix, I have to apologize and say that I haven't sent the letter out yet. I was too distracted by Prom(I'm sure you understand that, right?) Letter should be out by the end of next week though.
But.....Felix is a homeschoola......

Zeb The Troll
2009-04-28, 02:37 AM
I think you know my address, Felixaar. I'll mail anyone, though my handwriting is horrible ^^; I'm slightly more eligible with a quil, though, so expect spidery writing!:smallconfused:
Eligible for what? Does a quill make you a more eligible bachelor, mayhap? That would be interesting.

:smallredface: I do so need someone with whom to frolick, but whoso shall it be?
:smallwink: I'm available!
:smallredface: I am sorry, suh, but I was hoping for someone with a, how shall I put it, a pedigree.
:smallwink: *pulls out quill and starts writing*
:smallredface: Oh! Now that does change things....

:smallbiggrin:

Felixaar
2009-04-28, 02:41 AM
Can I be a pain and request that people specifically state whether or not they want in? I've put Annie up but left DD and Joe off, let me know if I need to change those things.

And oh yeah. Quills are awesome. Though you cant chew on their ends like you can with a good ol' biro.

InaVegt
2009-04-28, 02:44 AM
I'd love a penpal.

Serpentine
2009-04-28, 02:51 AM
I'd really like to, but... I still haven't sent that parcel to Rogue, and I got her letter... nearly a year ago :smallfrown: :smalleek:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-04-28, 02:51 AM
I'd love to but I'm awful at sending things on time.
::looks at Mordokai's christmas present::
...I really need to get on sending that.
((cannot be added, m'afraid.))

Dispozition
2009-04-28, 02:57 AM
I totally own two quills because I'm damn awesome like that. I don't have much paper that's good for writing on it though...I need to buy some.

Felixaar
2009-04-28, 02:57 AM
Hmm. How about if I came to your houses and didn't leave until you sent a new letter? :smalltongue:

Cheesegear
2009-04-28, 03:00 AM
I'm in. Don't make me send stuff too far. I hate the Post Office. So. Much.

InaVegt
2009-04-28, 03:05 AM
Hmm. How about if I came to your houses and didn't leave until you sent a new letter? :smalltongue:

Wanna be my penpal?

:tongue:

Felixaar
2009-04-28, 03:10 AM
Cheese, okay! Where do you live?

Ina sure! :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

B-Man
2009-04-28, 06:47 PM
Hmm... this seems like an interesting venture... sure! Sign me up!

Cheesegear
2009-04-29, 02:24 AM
Cheese, okay! Where do you live?

In the Cancer Sunshine State (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5694535&postcount=1). I can probably send anywhere in Australia. But, overseas requires Post Office action.

Felixaar
2009-04-29, 02:35 AM
Oh, right! Duhhhh.

Anuan
2009-04-29, 02:42 AM
:smallconfused:
Eligible for what? Does a quill make you a more eligible bachelor, mayhap? That would be interesting.
:smallbiggrin:

Eep! Legible! Legible! :smalleek:

Cheesegear
2009-05-07, 05:31 AM
So, what happened to this idea? I've got no PMs asking for my private e-mail and/or Postal Address, nor any PMs detailing another board member's details.

InaVegt
2009-05-07, 06:06 AM
So, what happened to this idea? I've got no PMs asking for my private e-mail and/or Postal Address, nor any PMs detailing another board member's details.

I decided on Felix, but I need to buy stamps, got his address, tho'.

Anuan
2009-05-07, 06:49 AM
Nor have I, Cheesegear. Nor have I.

... ;-;

Felixaar
2009-05-07, 08:44 AM
Sorry guys! I'll get this all together tomorrow and we'll all have penpals and then go make lemonaide. Promise.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-07, 09:29 AM
Strawberry lemonade?

Cheesegear
2009-05-07, 09:53 AM
Everyone knows when life gives you lemons, you throw them at people until they hand over their oranges.

loves_to_laugh
2009-05-07, 12:45 PM
I'd be interested in joining this venture... If its not too late.

Felixaar
2009-05-07, 11:35 PM
Okay, everyone should have a penpal now. Give me a yell if you don't, or would like another one or have any other troubles.

Also, I've got a few PenPals, and I may have forgotten one or two. So, if you don't get a PM from me saying I've sent you a letter in the next week, feel free to give me a good old kick up the behind.

Unless you were supposed to send me a letter (you know who you are :smalltongue:), in which case, get crackin'.

Oh, and for anyone arriving just now, you're still welcome to sign up. I'll keep pairing people up as long as theirs people to be paired.

Anuan
2009-05-08, 12:49 AM
Everyone knows when life gives you lemons, you throw them at people until they hand over their oranges.

I thought it was 'When life gives you lemons, scream "I DON'T WANT YOU'RE *EXPLETIVE DELETED!* LEMONS! *EXPLETIVE DELETED* YOU!" and then burn life's house down. Then make apple juice and everyone will wonder how you did it, and why they can smell smoke."

SoD
2009-05-11, 07:10 PM
Ooh, I want in. I'm a young, trustworthy Taswegian bloke, and can steal my sisters quill if need be :tongue: