PDA

View Full Version : Soo I just finished watching Death Note...

Kjata
2009-04-24, 05:48 AM
...on youtube, but it is almost 4 in the morning. Luckily, it's Friday tomorrow. After school i can go home and take a nap. But I'll probably be a little bored, so all of you should tell me an interesting story about a time you did something you knew you would regret the next day, like I will be at school tomorrow running on 2 hours of sleep.

Stormthorn
2009-04-24, 11:57 AM
Dont have any of those that i know of. I do know what its like to run on low sleep. Stayed up 23 hours on a trip back from Phili once.

Helanna
2009-04-24, 01:19 PM
Haha, my best friend just finished Death Note, although unlike me, he was smart enough to finish it BEFORE midnight.

So . . . yeah. I watch ALL of my TV after 9 pm. This means that if I'm watching a show I particularly like, it can easily run until 1 or 2 in the morning. And then school sucks. Although I'm working on a theory that states if I'm exhausted, I can't be totally miserable. So far, it's holding up - math does go by faster when you're sleeping through it (trust me, I am NOT losing any content here.)

Other things that I've done that I know I would regret . . . hmmm. Sometimes, when watching TV or whatever, I will purposely neglect to do my homework, particularly physics. And then I will think "Well, I'll do it during math." Math class is first period. Physics is second. 40 minutes is not long enough to try and do a physics assignment as well as trying to juggle a math assignment as well. This is certainly one reason that my physics grade is so low . . .

Bayar
2009-04-24, 01:27 PM
I was returning from a convention once via shuttle bus. They had a 5 min toilet stop at a place on the freeway. I decided to not go since I went before we left. Bad idea. After 2 hours, my kidneys hurt like hell and I could barely walk to the damn toilet. I even walked with my knees bent from all the agonising pain.

Kjata
2009-04-24, 05:02 PM
Haha, my best friend just finished Death Note, although unlike me, he was smart enough to finish it BEFORE midnight.

So . . . yeah. I watch ALL of my TV after 9 pm. This means that if I'm watching a show I particularly like, it can easily run until 1 or 2 in the morning. And then school sucks. Although I'm working on a theory that states if I'm exhausted, I can't be totally miserable. So far, it's holding up - math does go by faster when you're sleeping through it (trust me, I am NOT losing any content here.)

Other things that I've done that I know I would regret . . . hmmm. Sometimes, when watching TV or whatever, I will purposely neglect to do my homework, particularly physics. And then I will think "Well, I'll do it during math." Math class is first period. Physics is second. 40 minutes is not long enough to try and do a physics assignment as well as trying to juggle a math assignment as well. This is certainly one reason that my physics grade is so low . . .

Haha you sound just like me as a freshmen. I almost never went to bed on time, and I always sleep in class. That was the year the computer got moved out of my parents room to where I could use it after they fell asleep.

B-Man
2009-04-24, 05:28 PM
So, this thread is a thread for posting epics that happened to us with less than 4 hours of sleep, eh? I have a few but they're kind of mundane.

First one was when I slept for about an hour before starting a 12-hour trip from Montréal to my hometown on VIA rail. Needed 5 extra large (591 mL/20 fl oz) double-doubles to get me through the day without crashing. Only downside? I couldn't sit in my sit and I found myself pacing through 4 cars before a friend of mine suggested that I stop moving around so much. Crashed on the couch upon returning home and there was a welcoming party. :smalleek:

Second one was the night I hung back at work with a few co-workers and played Guitar Hero 'til 06:00. We were really productive in crippling our ability to play well that evening/morning/what ever you wish to call it. Best thing was I had to be in the office for noon after that for a training course. ><

Oh! There was that epic 35-hour day I had getting over to zeratul's house to see a Children of Bodom concert! Totally worth the shattered sleep cycle! \m/

Then there was the 31-hour day I had coming over to Halifax to visit my folks for Christmas. Most memorable thing of that 31-hour day was watching The Weekenders on the Family channel with my sister at 03:00. :smallbiggrin:

Then there was the less epic time when I had to catch a flight to Nova Scotia again and I fell asleep and didn't have much time to shower and do last minute packing. So much stuff is still in Ontario! I want my computer back! :smallfrown:

Collin152
2009-04-24, 05:37 PM
I once edited a movie from three in the afternoon till three in the morning. I went to school two hours later to turn it in. I came home an hour later due to lack of sleep related medical complications. This being before the movie was viewed. Then it turned out to have been messed up anyways. But I was sick for a month after that.

ghost_warlock
2009-04-25, 02:37 AM
I frequently stay awake far longer than I should after my ideal bedtime. Although, in my case, it means going to work tired rather than school and I can't sleep at work.

Otherwise, most of my regrets like this are digestive-system-related.

I once ate an entire bag of "Flaming Hot" Cheetos in one sitting. I definitely regretted that a few hours later.

As a kid I decided to try a mixture of all the different drinks/liquids in the fridge at the time. I seem to remember a glass full of milk, orange juice, lemon juice, Coca-Cola, iced tea, vinegar, and coffee creamer not being all that appetizing.

I got food poisoning from the local IHOP. About a month later I decided to try the place again. Ugh, never eating there again. :smallyuk:

A few days ago I went for 24-hours without eating anything but Twizzlers cherry nibs.

Hm.

When he was looking for a work, I suggested to one of my brothers that he try to get a job a restaurant I liked. After they hired him I realized I could never eat there again since I couldn't trust the quality of their staff and hiring procedures.

Oh, and I rented Disaster Movie. :smallsigh:

Graymayre
2009-04-25, 05:20 PM
2 days straight of magic, and D&D.

My eyes attempted to burrow out of my skull afterwards.

thubby
2009-04-25, 05:28 PM
i don't tend to regret things like that. i go in knowing it's going to suck the day after.

when i was in night school, i stayed up through the night to finish my assignments for the year (over 20 pages of writing+stuff in the book) early. spent week fixing my sleep schedule. was so worth it, but what a week.

Lupy
2009-04-25, 05:31 PM
I have insomnia, but I always go to bed at 11 just in case my pills work better than the night before... I can hope.

So once when I was little I counted every loop in my 10' by 10' bedroom's carpet. Another time I wondered if I could sit facing a wall all night... I did.

Once I went on a camping trip, which was two days, got no sleep, had to go to school the next day, on no sleep, so got to school, went to band, asked to go into the back room, and played my oboe for an hour to wake myself up, got coffee from my band teacher, drank it all in about 20 seconds, and then ran a mile in gym... All before a critical math test.

dagaarn
2009-04-25, 06:23 PM
Who hasn't had a late night or two...or three...or many...

Me and friends often go to a 24 hour net cafe after clubbing then just go through the next day without sleep...it's fun

Also, i read Death Note as a manga...it was good