PDA

View Full Version : death metal golems?

gcb001
2009-04-24, 01:37 PM
since the other golems that sizemore makes (other than crap golems) all reference music genre's i was wondering how interesting would be to see death metal golems? or some other form of music genre exemplified in golem form?

Personally i just start laughing when i see sizmore in a group of metal/deathmetal golems and then they start dancefighting:smalltongue:

zz_tophat
2009-04-24, 01:53 PM
Death metal golems DO NOT DANCE ...because dancing is not metal. At best they mosh.

T-O-E
2009-04-24, 02:12 PM
Don't you mean Croak Metal golems?

Cloudbreaker
2009-04-24, 04:23 PM
Is there a lava-related genre of music? Because I'm betting Sizemore makes some lava golems. Or magma? Or ash?

gcb001
2009-04-24, 04:30 PM
Death metal golems DO NOT DANCE ...because dancing is not metal. At best they mosh.

never said they had to dance, just dancefight and get the bonus in combat. i moshing was more what i was thinkin, sorry was not clear. but just think, each golem has a guitar like two handed battleaxe and suddenly a dozen or so of them start their moshing (dancefighting) with sizemore in the middle. prefect scene to induce hilarious laughter:smallbiggrin:

ishnar
2009-04-24, 05:18 PM
Acid Rock
Heavy Metal
Hard Rock

- these all describe real things. But what would Death Metal be? It sounds good, but what would it describe?

ishnar
2009-04-24, 05:20 PM
Death metal golems DO NOT DANCE

They can dance if they want to (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg).

Strengfellow
2009-04-24, 07:54 PM
OOO Gothlems, all looking like fat Pat Morrison doing the wibbly hand dance.

Awesom sauce.

dr pepper
2009-04-25, 04:52 PM
Acid Rock
Heavy Metal
Hard Rock

- these all describe real things. But what would Death Metal be? It sounds good, but what would it describe?

Time to pull a Kreister:

Death metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It typically employs fast tempos, heavily distorted guitars, deep growling vocals, blast beat drumming, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes.

ishnar
2009-04-25, 05:31 PM
Time to pull a Kreister:

I think you missed my point.

Hard Rock = Golems made out of Rocks
Heavy Metal = Golems made out of metal
Death Metal = What? Golems made out of death? Death isn't an object. fast tempos, complex song structures. So you want to make a golem out of sound?

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 05:34 PM
Well, if you can uncroak a volcano, amybe you can uncroak a metal golem=death metal olem.

DraPrime
2009-04-25, 05:42 PM
A death metal golem would simply be a far more brutal heavy metal golem.

T-O-E
2009-04-25, 05:43 PM
A golem made out of corpses?

gcb001
2009-04-25, 06:45 PM
when i first thought of death metal golems i was actually thinking more along the lines of black iron/metal of some sort and maybe obsidian (sharp contact maybe attacker takes damage?) and then have it just look like a scary as crap metal golem with a big battleaxe/guitar.

and maybe death metal can just mean a metal golem thats really good at croaking :smalltongue:

Renx
2009-04-25, 07:02 PM
Death golems stand up!

*Everybody dance now*

*carnage ensues*

Hell Puppi
2009-04-26, 12:18 AM
I really can't think of anything to say but hells to the yes.

Of course I've been listening to Lordi for the past half hour.

ishnar
2009-04-26, 12:33 AM
and maybe death metal can just mean a metal golem thats really good at croaking :smalltongue:

Meh, Golems are described as what they are made out of. Crap golems are made out of crap. They aren't good at taking a crap.

Lamech
2009-04-26, 10:46 AM
Death Metal = What? Golems made out of death? Death isn't an object. fast tempos, complex song structures. So you want to make a golem out of sound?
The first one. Death magic would be solidified into a metal. I suspect it would be really deadly. Or a death metal golem would be a metal golem infused with death magic. Still really deadly. Maybe it would uncroak its kills.

Allandaros
2009-04-26, 11:21 AM
Eh, we already had a New Wave of British Heavy Metal riff with the golems. I don't see the point for adding in death metal in particular.

zz_tophat
2009-04-26, 06:20 PM

How do i say this... Hell yes I'd like a golem made out of sound! If i could turn a guitar solo in to a monster and then have that monster go hit stuff I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Frogpop
2009-04-26, 10:55 PM
Is there a lava-related genre of music? Because I'm betting Sizemore makes some lava golems. Or magma? Or ash?
Newwave maybe? Titans help us!

Lolindir
2009-04-27, 04:37 AM
I expect the Death Metal Golems to exist from rusty scrap-metal. All-worn out, creepy looking.
The strength of metal, and the creepy looking part of uncroaked in one =)

EDIT: It's possible with the croakamancer/dirtamancer link-up too!

Frogpop
2009-04-27, 10:13 AM
Grunge Golem?

Haven
2009-04-27, 11:17 PM
How do i say this... Hell yes I'd like a golem made out of sound! If i could turn a guitar solo in to a monster and then have that monster go hit stuff I'd do it in a heartbeat.

That would be awesome.

And for a minute I thought this thread was posted in the wrong forum and was talking about something from "On The Origins Of PCs".

greywords
2009-04-29, 08:21 PM
A few others they could use:

Classic rock golem (maybe made of marble?)
Country rock golem (rocks from out in the country)
Folk rock golem (dunno, but Steve Earl's Copperhead Road comes to mind)
Big Band golem (big bands of different material types running across them and they come in droves)
Bluegrass golem (made from... blue grass)
Pop golem (bubbles?)

ishnar
2009-04-29, 08:34 PM
Pop golem (bubbles?)

ohh, pop rocks. Just add Coke.

gcb001
2009-04-30, 11:26 PM
nah diet coke! hehehe, could be a new ability. Sudz em!

Yodimus
2009-05-01, 12:36 AM
This would require a Mentosmancer, of course.

DraPrime
2009-05-02, 08:42 PM
I really can't think of anything to say but hells to the yes.

Of course I've been listening to Lordi for the past half hour.

Lordi isn't death metal. Like, at all.