PDA

View Full Version : Trouser customisation help?

Exeson
2009-04-27, 04:50 AM
Right, thing is I want to make some DIY trousers. I have a good idea of what I'm going for, and no, I don't intend to make them from scratch. I'm just gonna take an old pair of Combats or Jumper trousers and customize them.

The only problem is that I have no idea where to get the materials and items, so I turn to you, the great knowledgeable Playground. (Just as a reminder I live in the UK, but I'm not ruling out a trip to London to get this stuff if needed)

The shopping list:

x4 Chrome D-rings (or some other metal that won't rust when the trousers are washed)
x4 Strips of black fabric, about 6'' in length and 1'' or so wide. Nylon or some other durable material.
x6 clips, suitable for clipping lengths of fabric to the D-rings. (I'm thinking the kind you find on dog leads?)
x3 long lengths of red fabric, at least 2'' wide, length depends on the trousers (which I have yet to acquire x.x) (again nylon or something durable)

Also some fabric paint would be useful but that's a lot easier to find.

The story behind this is I dress fairly Nu-metal/Goth and am looking to do some DIY cloths to keep myself busy over the summer. Basically the look I'm going for is that of Hao's trousers (http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/46981/even%2520kids%2520love%2520Haos%2520pants.jpg) (from Shaman King) except in black and red. I have a fairly experience mother and Aunt who can give me help when it comes to the sewing and stitching part of the project, I just need to find the stuff.

So, anyone have any ideas where I can get this stuff?