PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone hombrewed a feat that lets one person flank?

Stormthorn
2009-04-28, 11:39 PM
I think the title says most of it. Im thinking that you start off one one side of the enemy. Then, if you have this feat, you can tumble through their space and make a flanking attack from behind.

I dont know if its been done, but i know it should be done. If you where agile enough to dart past an enemy that close it should reasonably put him off balance and make it hard for him to turn to face your new position.

Hmm... taking that into account...how about if only his first attack was flanking?

Baron Corm
2009-04-28, 11:51 PM
How's this?

Expert Flanker

Prerequisites
Dex 13, Dodge, Mobility, Tumble 12? ranks

Benefit
If you successfully Tumble through a square occupied by an enemy creature, you may treat that creature as flanked for 1 round. In addition, you can flank creatures normally not subject to flanking, such as elementals, oozes, and creatures with All-Around Vision.

Normal
You cannot flank a creature by yourself.

Or this, if you decide you want Mobility synergy more than Tumble. Also makes it much easier to pull off.

Expert Flanker

Prerequisites
Dex 13, Dodge, Mobility

Benefit
If you provoke an attack of opportunity from a creature by moving through its threatened squares, and the attack misses, you may treat that creature as flanked for 1 round. In addition, you can flank creatures normally not subject to flanking, such as elementals, oozes, and creatures with All-Around Vision.

Normal
You cannot flank a creature by yourself.

Stormthorn
2009-04-29, 12:11 AM
Sweet! The Yellow Jester shall have his day yet.

Glyphic
2009-04-29, 12:15 AM
I believe there's a skill trick in C.Scoundrel that allows something similar.

Another_Poet
2009-04-29, 11:48 AM
My only problem with flyingpoo's suggestions is that the first one allows it to be used for a full attack and the second one requires the enemy to initiate it. Still good feats, but here is another suggestion in case you want more.

New Feat: Great Feint
Requirements: Int 13, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint

Benefit: If you succeed on a feint, you may immediately make a second bluff check against the same target as a free action. If this check succeeds, your target believes you have an ally behind him, and you have a +2 flanking bonus on attacks against that target for 1 round. If this second bluff check fails, you do not gain the flanking bonus but your target is still denied any Dexterity bonus to AC because of your successful feint.

Normal: You cannot flank on your own.

Stormthorn
2009-04-29, 10:01 PM
The idea is to allow a one man flank so that a single person can perform a sneak attack against an aware target. As long as the feats allow that then im happy.