PDA

View Full Version : Free Comic Book Day

WitchSlayer
2009-05-02, 04:40 PM
The first Saturday in May. Free Comic Book Day! Comic shops all around the world are giving out free comics, if you have a comic shop near you, check it out! If you read this tomorrow, then check it out next year! If you've checked it out, talk about it here!

My comic shop up in Concord CA started Free Comic Book Day, so they went all out. I got Blackest Night 0, Buck Rogers and Atomic Robo, along with even more stuff for buying a couple things. They even had cake, it was pretty awesome.

chiasaur11
2009-05-02, 05:06 PM
Um...

I just made a thread for this.

Still, yes. Free comic book day is swell. Also: Atomic Robo is win and love.

WitchSlayer
2009-05-02, 05:17 PM
Ehehe, sorry, I didn't notice.

chiasaur11
2009-05-02, 05:38 PM
Ehehe, sorry, I didn't notice.

No big deal.

Besides, how could a man be mad at a fellow fan of Atomic Robo?

Quincunx
2009-05-02, 05:48 PM
Wait, Atomic Robo was available?! That's what I get for letting other people pick mine. . . .Still, wasn't a total loss, the first three issues of Transmetropolitan at a very favorable price from that "After Watchmen, what's next?" promotion was nice.

RTGoodman
2009-05-02, 05:51 PM
(I'm gonna post in this thread since it's the only one with replies, but I can PM a mod and ask either one be locked or they be merged.)

I was actually a little disappointed with Free Comic Day. My normal store only had 4 free comics, and I wasn't interested in three of them. (Some Wolverine origin-type one, a "Cars" one, and something else.) I did come away with a free Avengers one that featured them fighting Ymir the Frost Giant, which was okay, but not that great.

Today did give me an real reason to get back to my comics store, though - I haven't been in months, and so I finally got caught up on my Dark Tower comics (which is really all I read offline).

chiasaur11
2009-05-02, 06:22 PM
(I'm gonna post in this thread since it's the only one with replies, but I can PM a mod and ask either one be locked or they be merged.)

I was actually a little disappointed with Free Comic Day. My normal store only had 4 free comics, and I wasn't interested in three of them. (Some Wolverine origin-type one, a "Cars" one, and something else.) I did come away with a free Avengers one that featured them fighting Ymir the Frost Giant, which was okay, but not that great.

Today did give me an real reason to get back to my comics store, though - I haven't been in months, and so I finally got caught up on my Dark Tower comics (which is really all I read offline).

No Atomic Robo?

Well, the previous one is online. Next one probably will be too, eventually.

Mando Knight
2009-05-03, 10:45 PM
I came in late, so I didn't get Blackest Night, which is what I really wanted... :smallsigh:

chiasaur11
2009-05-04, 12:40 PM
I came in late, so I didn't get Blackest Night, which is what I really wanted... :smallsigh:

But you did get Robo, right?

I mean, you at least got 8 pages of pure joy.