PDA

View Full Version : Aditii Monster [3.5 PEACH]

AetherFox
2009-05-05, 04:47 PM
Here's a monster I whipped up. Please post any comments or suggestions.

Aditii
Large Abberation (Repillian)
HD: 6d8+30 (61)
Speed: 30 ft. Climb 10 ft.
AC: 20 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +9 Natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: 4/11
Attack: 1 Bite: +7 (1d8+3+1d6 acid) or 2 claws (1d6+3) or stinger (2d6+3)
Full Attack: 1 Bite: +7 (1d8+3+1d6 acid) and 2 claws (1d6+3) and +8 stinger (2d6+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Poison
Special Qualities: Invisibility, Acid Immunity
Saves: Fort: +7 Ref: +4 Will +7
Abilities: Str 16, Ref 14, Con 21, Int 5, Wis 10, Cha 11
Skills: Swim: +12 Climb: +8
Feats: Ability Focus (Poison), Improved natural Attack (Stinger), Weapon Focus (Stinger)
Environment: Warm Plains
Organization: Solitary or Pair
Challenge Rating: 6

This large, scaled creature lumbers towards you on four legs as white liquid foams from it's mouth, burning a hole in the ground. It has the long, curving stinger of a scorpion, and the torso and head of an aligator.

Acid: An Aditii has corrosive saliva, which deals extra damage on a successful bite attempt.

Poision: Once every 1d6 rounds, an Aditii may attempt to inject an opponent with it's poison by making a successful melee attack with it's stinger. The victim must make a DC 17 fortitude save or fall unconsious for 2d4 rounds. The poison has secondary damage of 1d6 Con. The save DC is constitution- based.

Invisibility: An Aditii can use the invisibily spell as a spell like ability at will.

(P.S.: If anyone has read the Mortal Instrument series, this monster is based off of the Ravener Demon)

ChristosVictor
2009-05-05, 09:56 PM
The monster is just that, a monster. I haven't read the books and/or movies of Mortal Instrument so take what I say with a grain of salt, you know it much better then me.

Does it live an aquatic safari setting? If so he sould be able to take 10 on swim checks. He has an Int of 5 that means he should understand speech, he should have an alignment too. Tell us about his thoughts or his purpose other then roaming the fields for adventures to slaughter.

The Str seems to low for a large creature. I would suggest to bump it up to at least 22.
Also, the Aditii is more like a magical beast because it isn't "weird" enough to be an abberation.

Soli Deo Gloria

Gorgondantess
2009-05-06, 12:02 AM
Mmmh, what he said. Kindof bland, you really should spice it up, maybe include a pic as well. However, I have to say that aberrations should be alien fluff-wise, not necessarily mechanically. Let's look at Lovecraft's deep ones, for example: immortal, highly intelligent fish men, with claws, thick skin, the ability to survive underwater in immense pressure, and they grow with age. Mechanically, pretty bland, but still definitely an aberration.
(Oh, ok, they can mate with both humans and dolphins to produce fertile offspring, and while that is a very wierd, I don't think that would be represented mechanically anyways.)
And, because aberration is my favorite monster type (see the sig) I am contractually obligated to tell you: it's spelled aberration, not abberation. 2 r's, one b. Honest mistake, though, people do it all the time.:smallbiggrin: