PDA

View Full Version : [3e] Forgotten Realms "Thorass" Font

Dark Knight Renee
2009-05-05, 11:21 PM
Has anyone seen a font for the version of the Common (Thorass) alphabet shown on page 86 of the 3e FRCS? :smallfrown: Thus far, I've only found fonts that I think are 2e versions of Thorass. I managed to hunt down a good Dethek font and, with some effort, the 3e Espruar font, but 3e Thorass remains elusive.

RTGoodman
2009-05-06, 01:02 AM
I would imagine a think like that might very well not exist, and if it does, it'd be pretty hard to find. WotC, as far as I know, doesn't usually let their fonts for products get out for general use. When 4E came out, folks tried to figure out the fonts for a lot of things, and most of them were in-house-only fonts called like "WotC Tiamat" or something like that.

Your best bet would be, of course, wherever you found the other 3E fonts, but if that doesn't work, you might be out of luck.

EDIT: Google turns up a bunch of pages mentioning the old versions of Thorass, and someone on ENWorld (I think) seemed to be working on the 3E, but it was never finished. I DID, however, find THIS (http://www.candlekeep.com/library/treasures.htm#fonts) page, which has a Thorass font, but I don't know if it's the one you want.

Renegade Paladin
2009-05-06, 01:06 AM
I have a Thorass font that I got from Candlekeep, but I'm not sure if it's the 2e or 3e one.

Dark Knight Renee
2009-05-06, 08:57 PM
Yeah, the Thorass on candlekeep is the one that's all over the net, I guess that's the 2e version. Though I suspect it's also going to be favored for 4e; they seem to have gone back to the old Espruar.

Colmarr
2009-05-07, 01:25 AM
When 4E came out, folks tried to figure out the fonts for a lot of things, and most of them were in-house-only fonts called like "WotC Tiamat" or something like that.

IIRC, the font geeks came to the conclusion that 4e's default font was almost identical to Mentor (http://www.fonts.com/FindFonts/Detail.htm?pid=420263&/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=22983&query=MENTOR&SCOPE=Fonts).

Try as I might, I can't find it for free download anywhere.