PDA

View Full Version : Class Preview: Book of Expansions

Sinfire Titan
2009-05-07, 06:51 PM
I'm working on a massive expansion for the Tome of Battle (and a little bit for Magic of Incarnum and the XPH). This is a preview of that content (and is completely unplayable because the rest of the class' abilities haven't been finished yet). Upon the completion of this project, I will put a link to the download in my sig that is plainly visible. This content will be open to the public, seeing as I can't get it properly published to sell (thanks to WotC not renewing the OGL).

This class isn't playable with just this download. Well, it kinda is, but it will be missing over half of it's major class features.

Class 1: The Ensouled Masquerader (http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=1157318&da=y)

RTGoodman
2009-05-08, 01:09 AM
Personally, on a cursory glance, this looks more like it could be a dual-progression incarnum/martial adept prestige class rather than a full class, but that's totally up to you.

One thing that might help would be to see if a mod could move this to the Homebrew forum rather than the general Roleplaying Games forum.

Sinfire Titan
2009-05-08, 06:57 AM
Personally, on a cursory glance, this looks more like it could be a dual-progression incarnum/martial adept prestige class rather than a full class, but that's totally up to you.

One thing that might help would be to see if a mod could move this to the Homebrew forum rather than the general Roleplaying Games forum.

It's meant to be a replacement for the Soulborn, much in the same way that the Crusader was a replacement for the Paladin. I put the Soulmelds there because it didn't make much sense to have a base class grant essentia but no soulmelds or chakra binds.

That said, there is a dual-advancement class for the Totemist and Warblade or Swordsage (or anyone with Tiger Claw maneuvers, for that matter) very similar to the Jade Phoenix Mage. This is among other things, there are a number of toys to play with in this PDF.