PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Epic spells Call to Kingdom Come and Conjurefrag

Omegonthesane
2009-05-08, 06:02 AM
For use in the Tippyverse at least, an epic spell for killing anybody in the entire multiverse from the safety of your own Magnificent Mansion without any divine ranks:

Summonfrag

Base Seed: Summon (14), Summon Unique Individual +60
Seed: Slay (25), 160 HD +8
+20 to all saving throws (40)
+9 minutes to cast (-18)
Total casting DC: 129

The idea is, you summon the target into range and then slay them with the same spell slot. The primary hole I see in the plan is if you use it against targets that have spell resistance, but I cannot be bothered to check how many targets that precludes a 21st level caster from summonfragging.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-05-08, 08:46 AM
You can do anything with epic spells. I once made one that actually turned you into a god.

As for improving your spell...Id add in the Seed: Charm and let them take a suicidal action for +24 to the DC (I think, im AFB).

Now if they fail a Will save, they are forced to fail their next saving throw, and if they succeed on that, then they are forced to make a Fortitude save or die.

Plus, you can add to the DC to overcome SR.

KillianHawkeye
2009-05-08, 09:28 AM
Hmm... I was expecting this to be a thread about some way to frag an enemy by spawning a summoned monster in their current location like happens in some FPS games. :smallconfused::smallamused::smallwink:

Omegonthesane
2009-05-08, 12:59 PM
You can do anything with epic spells. I once made one that actually turned you into a god.

As for improving your spell...Id add in the Seed: Charm and let them take a suicidal action for +24 to the DC (I think, im AFB).

Now if they fail a Will save, they are forced to fail their next saving throw, and if they succeed on that, then they are forced to make a Fortitude save or die.

Plus, you can add to the DC to overcome SR.

Seed: Compel will allow you to make someone take outright unreasonable actions for +29 DC - but they have to fail a Will save to be summoned into range of the death effect anyway, so the charm effect would be too late to care about failing Will. As a backup plan it's sound, but I'm trying to make this castable by the majority of Epic spellcasters who don't have access to small armies of adepts for ritual spell slots.

Presenting... Call to Kingdom Come V2.0, formerly Summonslay, formerly Summonfrag, and I'll try to develop an actual Summonfrag as described by KillianHawkeye later.

Base Seed: Summon (14), Summon Unique Individual +60
Seed: Slay (25)
+20 to DC of Will save (40)
+10 to beat Spell Resistance (20)
+9 minutes to cast (-18)
1D6 backlash damage (-1)
Total casting DC: 140

I removed the +80 HD on the probably foolish assumption that not many potential targets of Call to Kingdom Come have more than 80 hit dice. The 1D6 backlash is just so the DC is a nice round number. EDIT: I also reread and discovered that only one save may be taken against a given epic spell.

Also, I decided Seed: Conjure was more useful than Seed: Summon for the purpose of splatting people in a telefrag-like manner, so here it is... CONJUREFRAG!

Conjurefrag v1.0

Base Seed: Transform (21)
Transform into Bat (Diminutive)
Seed: Conjure (21) for 20 cubic feet of adamantine, inside the bat
1-round casting time (from 10 rounds) +18
+20 to save DC +40

Total: DC 100

How much would I have to increase the DC to kill Asmodeus with Conjurefrag? :P