PDA

View Full Version : Coolest / most fun character you have ever rolled?

toddex
2009-05-08, 10:20 PM
For me it would be my full orc duskblade. I rolled really high and it ended up being equivalent to a 52 point buy. Self buffed I also had 30 str, he ended up going through the transformation to become a dragonborn. All in all pretty fun.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-05-08, 10:28 PM
On the opposite end of the spectrum, Travis d'Amerila, a half-elf bard who traded Bardic Music for the feats Research, Polyglot, and Skill Focus (Photography), and who only took spells relating to communication or research (when such spells were available). He was a reporter for the Sharn Inquirer, and had almost no ability to do anything outside of a social situation, but his personality and the way he interacted with the world made him a blast to play.

yilduz
2009-05-08, 10:53 PM
The coolest character I ever made is definitely yilduz (which is why I started using the name as my screen name several years ago). He is a halfling rogue/illusionist as was build to survive single-player campaigning. He is, by far, the best character I've ever made.

The most fun character was probably KoB (Knight of Bathroomville). His name was Ben Dover, and he was a Paladin who prayed to the Porcelain God. Every morning, KoB went to temple to pray to the Porcelain God. One day my DM decided to mess with poor KoB.

i went to the temple, as I did every morning that I was close enough to it. The DM said that I could notice the Throne had been tampered with. Once KoB looked inside, he was shocked and horrified all at once. The entire village heard him scream "HOLY ****!!"

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-05-08, 10:54 PM
My character wasn't rolled. Instead, we used a method our DM calls "15-Down." You have the following numbers to distribute amongst your stats: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11 and 10.

Using these relatively mediocre numbers, I managed to create a pretty awesome paladin. I became so integral to the plot that the first time my character died, thanks to a lucky crit from a fire giant with a magic club, three solars descended from Heaven and True Ressurected me for free! I also got some real awesome scenes where I was able to talk back to demons to their face, and then smite them.

Now my paladin is semi-retired, having become the Heironean version of the Pope. He's slated to make cameo appearances in a prospective upcoming campaign that deals with the aftermath of the first one, and he'll likely be a mentor or superior to future paladin PCs in that setting. :smallbiggrin:

monty
2009-05-08, 11:12 PM
Orc bloodstorm blade with an orcish shotput. Basically turned the battlefield into his personal pinball machine. Too bad that campaign seems to have died...

Olo Demonsbane
2009-05-09, 12:07 AM
So hard to say...I make new characters every day :smalltongue:

Lets see...coolest/most fun for today (and yesterday)....

Most fun: I made this character who, every turn, as a full round action, speaks one word. Thats it. Then, lots of random things happen, some under his control and some not...He gave 8 negative levels to the BBEG, slowed the entire group of enemies, charmed the BBEG's wife, blinded everyone and turned invisible. All in one turn. Next turn he anylyzed the BBEG's sword, dispeled its enchantment, shattered it, and then blew the dust from it into his eyes :smallbiggrin:

Coolest: I made a Warblade//Bard/Fortune's Friend. He is so lucky that it is very very very hard for him to die, even against something much more powerful than he is. He leaps all over the battlefield Tiger Clawing and Stormguard Warrioring his enemies. Plus, he has an awesome personality and at least +22 on every skill written!

And yes, I know, I have too much time on my hands.

Decoy Lockbox
2009-05-09, 12:17 AM
Coolest? I just made a Robotic Mike Tyson for D&D 4e about 10 minutes ago. Check it out in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111050).

I've been playing for a while, so I have far too many memorable characters to share here. But my favorite recent character would have to be...

Romear Hamlar, a rather idealistic, passionate and ambitious young man who desperately wanted to be a paladin. However, he simply lacked the holiness and humility required to be one, so he went through his life as a lawful good fighter, specializing in longsword and lance charging. After much labor (levels 1 - 6) he was eventually knighted by Baron Sutherland, of the province of Referencia.

And thats when the real adventure started, with the campaign story wrapping itself up nicely at lvl 12. Romear ended up becoming Baron of the neighboring province of Arburden and marrying the daughter of the chief of a local psuedo-Celtic tribe, who happened to be a warlord herself. Campaign started in 3.5, then converted (rather successfully) into 4e.

I'm currently playing in a naval mercenary (think Firefly on a boat) Steampunk Minimus game (ultra rules-lite system), and my character is named Dr. Smythford Rawlings, from the country of Angelar* (a thinly-veiled parody of England). He is a gamblaholic, gun-toting, fake doctor. He was born to a family of chimneysweeps and had to forge money in order to pay his medical school tuition, and was expelled a week before his graduation after one of his friends turned him in for it; he ended up forging his diploma and setting out into the world. His sidekick is a perpetually soot-covered orphan named Little Tim, who he is training to become a doctor...and to cheat at cards :smallbiggrin:

* Our gaming group has a bit of an in-joke involving names with a "-ar" tacked onto the end; we had a one-shot game that took place in an India-like country, and the DM needed us to come up with a name for it. We suggested "Indiar", and the naming convention stuck.

RavKal
2009-05-09, 12:26 AM
I once played a Dread Necromancer who loved to party. In fact, one time we went on a cruise, successfully murdered the captain, bluffed the entire ship into believing that the captain had given the Necromancer the ship, and then incited mandatory 24/7 rave partying, and then failed every survival check until the entire ship had more or less starved to death two and a half weeks later. We then teleported out.

Revanmal
2009-05-09, 12:50 AM
Most fun character I ever made was from a Nobilis group that only lasted 3 sessions. Her name was Little Hider Under the Rock, an immortal salamander, who was the Sovereign Power of Rains. Due to her tiny size, she could only operate from a distance, so she allowed her most loyal follower and Anchor, the Salamander Sage, to speak for her. Everyone except her teammates thought the old man was the real Nobilis, meaning Hider could basically operate with impunity through her other anchors while the enemy attempted to attack the Sage.

Coolest character was a Thri-Kreen PsiWarrior who LOVED the smell of elven flesh, especially the princess of the city half the campaign took place in. When he wasn't eyeing her very disturbingly, he was shredding people Clone-Wars-Grievous style, occasionally using his feet as hands as he flipped and spun about. The DM had homebrewed up some Spider-Walk anklets for me so he could walk on the ceiling, too.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-09, 12:54 AM
Orc frenzied berserker. What's more fun and cool than slaughtering dozens of soldiers per round?

Goatman_Ted
2009-05-09, 01:48 AM
Zack Remick:
Mechanically, a rapier-wielding vanilla skillmonkey Bard with feats running down the Spring Attack line.
He made up the entire front line of our Shugenja/Ranger/Rogue/Necromancer party. Somehow he didn't do badly. Illusions helped there. A lot.

In character, I played him as close to the monologing detective from the old pulps as I could. His perform (oratory) skill meant I had to wing a hard-boiled account of his (supposed) past deeds every time I used Bardic Music. And it had to be relevant for the effect to work.
It was fun times.

lesserarchangel
2009-05-09, 04:58 AM
Weezer, the artificer.

By means of metamagic quickening, twinning, rapid casting, duel wand wielder, and his construct companion Shadow, he's basically a magical machine gun: up to 32 rays fired every round, with a 'grenade' launcher in the form of dust of sneezing and choking. Taking out a room full of minions and completely de-buffing and stunning the boss in one round, blasting down the ceiling to take out golems, avoiding a corrupt tax collector by turning his entire lab into a firestorm, etc.

He's currently running the entire corporate structure and governmental bureaucracy of the country - he ended up deposing the tax collector and running the mafia.

Tempest Fennac
2009-05-09, 05:15 AM
I'd say http://mydndgame.com/character/825 for RPing purposes (I originally used that character in HALO before using him in an abandoned D&D campaign), and http://mydndgame.com/character/294 for mechanics.

Ovaltine Patrol
2009-05-09, 06:20 AM
I'm really enjoying my current character, a Kalashtar Psion named Xenokhad. I rolled epically awesome numbers for him, so he's kind of the ubershtar. I play him as a nice guy who's genuinely interested in peaceful conflict resolution. His only big flaw is that his time spent in Khorvaire has made him incredibly vain, he spends a lot of his money on jewelry, fancy clothes (he's got several different sets of glammerweave royal outfits), flowers, candy, and various bric-a-brac (he's not effeminate. I sort of imagine him as being a very good looking Tiny Tim in this regard, he's such a romantic, his heart's about to burst at any moment). Xeno is also a little overconfident in his abilities (I hear it's a common Psion trait actually).

In our second adventure, we encountered a big, talking dire wolf who was ready to rip us to shreds with the help of her pack, but Xeno managed to talk her down and we became friends with them. We ending up freeing the other half of their pack from captivity and helping them escape the dungeon. He's also observant and knowledgeable. In the same adventure we encountered what we first thought to be a vampire, but Xeno was able to identify him as a fraud. Xeno later spotted a vulture tailing the party in the Mournland and identified it as a spy (since the Mournland was packed full of corpses and yet had no buzzards at them). He was naturally ready for the villain's ambush when they left the dungeon ("They know where we are, thanks to that bird, but they're content to let us do the work."). He also picked up on a clue the fake-vampire let slip, nearly in passing, while spouting off his villainous monologue.

This is my first psion ever. I like the character a lot, but I'm not really enjoying the class. I don't quite know what to do with him.

Book Wyrm
2009-05-09, 07:23 AM
The coolest character I came up with, but unfortunately haven't been able to play was a factotum/warblade with a level of Iaijutsu Master and the Knowledge Devotion feat. High Int score, diamond mind maneuvers, and ranks in every knowledge skill would have turned him into the smartest samurai ever.

The most fun character I actually played was a dwarf druid who discovered some fossils while mining and then wildshaped into various dinosaurs. Part of the fun was just being a beer guzzling, fossil hunting druid with a huge con score, and part of it was turning into a raptor and tearing peoples faces off. Gotta love pounce and rend.

Lorien077
2009-05-10, 03:21 AM
Right now I'd have to say Luthien. She's a really weird character; a mostly elf, with a dash of dragon and some mutation tossed in. She ended up with almost angelic looking wings, mismatched eyes, and some slight draconic features.

The best part about playing her is her personality. She's really naive and innocent, but also fairly distrusting and secretive. It was a really interesting balance to play. Her primary goals were to continue traveling, and by extension survive the difficulties of her home plane. (A very harsh material plane called Valen)

I'd ramble more but I think you guys would get bored. :P

shimmercat
2009-05-10, 09:20 AM
My current character: Dieder Vanrorn. CG, Human cleric of a cult god, from a Germanic-speaking, Rand-style capitalist country.

The god (The Wandering Star) actually turned out to be a custom version of Bahamut, which was kinda cool. But mostly, dear lord is he FUN TO PLAY. I use a crappy german accent to speak in character. He's claustrophobic, a sailor, bisexual, an ex-con (he orchestrated a prison break), good to a fault, and casts Fly and Teleport constantly (Travel domain w/ Spontaneous Domain Caster). He's also born under the sign of Madness (we have a zodiac!) and most of the party thinks that he's not all there. Despite this, he is somehow the captain of our ship and the party face. He's convinced that all the bad things that have ever happened to the party are because he failed to destroy an evil artifact-level dagger that he was trying to destroy when it was stolen from him. And because Bahamut chose Dieder as His human Prophet, all the dragons are after him. He's just really complex, really flawed, and really REALLY fun.

And in battle, he's a flying healbot. XD BUT IT'S WORTH IT.

evisiron
2009-05-10, 09:57 AM
Krog, my orc barbarian with a Charisma, Intelligence and Wisdom score of 6.

I played him as the likeable idiot, and did surprisingly well at it. It is one of the few characters that the entire party enjoyed seeing.

Notable events:

-While fighting a huge group of elves, his hit points were being steadily eroded. Just as another group surrounded him, this happened:
Player: Hey, how many hit points does Krog have left?
Me: Uh.. 2hp.
Party: 0.0
Party: "SAVE KROG!"

-While scouting, a low spot roll lead to Krog becoming more interested in the local berries. He then started cataloguing the berries with names such as Krog Berries, Krog Krog Berries, Squish Berries and Kroggle Berries!

-He had an axe named Diplomacy. It worked well, since the party face would say something along the lines of "Negotiations aren't working... we better try diplomacy" to kick off a fight. :smallbiggrin:

-He ended up dying while holding back a Werewolf Lord in a corridor ruins, giving the party a chance to get into the open and have a chance of beating this guy. The cleric took one of Krogs fingers, and has made it his life quest to restore him to life. :smallsmile:

Mobey_Wee
2009-05-10, 10:14 AM
Most fun I ever had with a character was my Wizard/Druid/Aracne Hierophant. You get to combine everything from druid's animal companion and the wizard's familiar... making a wolf, who by level 16, was smarter than every member of our party except me, and I reminded them of that... often.

Eldariel
2009-05-10, 11:01 AM
The most fun character I've made thus far is actually one I haven't gotten to play:

Ephemeral Blade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5883542), a Chrono Legionnaire (http://web.archive.org/web/20071216030315/http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-626146)-based PrC that mixes ToB with Psionics.

Of course, the actual character is Gestalt; there's Factotum on the other site along with Psion to cover the lost manifester levels, but the basic idea is the same, and I just love the whole "Teleport-by Attack" deal.

James the Dark
2009-05-10, 01:14 PM
The most fun and coolest character I've ever run is the same; my current Scion character, Jacob Greyson. Although, it is partly because I've actually been able to play his character for more than a year, and he has 33% more experience than what are considered Gods in the setting, despite being a middle-high level Demigod.

Cedrass
2009-05-10, 01:32 PM
I'd say the Copper Dragon I played a year ago. HE was the bitchiest, trickiest copper dragon ever! Lots of fun, and I had so much AC, no one could really harm me so I could go on and prank them all I wanted :smallbiggrin:

We ended up that campaign because of me tho, so I don't know if I'll redo that kind of character :smalltongue: (DM got really annoyed! haha)

Winthur
2009-05-10, 01:38 PM
I once Rick Rolled a character.

Really. I played a prank and submitted Rick Astley, a human bard, for our campaign.

The DM was not amused, but it was a joke, so he quickly got the correct sheet.

MassiveAoE
2009-05-10, 01:58 PM
Sort of dodging the question, but the coolest/ most fun character I ever rolled with was a wizard named "Quaygle," which a buddy of mine played in a long-running campaign.
Besides having multiple personalities (roleplayed masterfully) and a penchant for very strange hats, Quaygle was Swiss-Army-Knife kind of versatile. In combat, he tended to hold actions to cast Greater Slide on his allies to move them out of harm's way. Later on, he began casting Fireball on his own location (he had a number of feats that allowed him to functionally disappear after doing so).
Quaygle LOVED talking to people. If we were in hot water, he would step to the plate and start making the diplomacy checks. With no ranks. And a charisma penalty. My own character was a much smoother talker, so I often had to step in to salvage situations.
Sort of character that could get on some people's nerves- one of the other players came down pretty harshly on Quaygle, to the point that the GM decided somewhere along the line that Quaygle was a national hero to some tiny little kingdom we visited. The look on the other guy's face was priceless.

Quaygle (v.)- to help someone you care about (e.g. a friend, companion, party-mate) by hurting them.