PDA

View Full Version : The Armless Running Albino Star[RACE]

Beelzebub1111
2006-07-07, 06:44 PM
The Armless Running Albino Star
This 'intelligent' being has a very odd physiology. This armless being has no visible arms, yet is still able to lift things with what is presumably telekinetic powers. It's appearance is simply a white torso, head, and two long legs. It seldom wears leg armor or clothing, when asked, it simply denies its lack of them, usualy responding with anger and claims that it wears tight long pants. Despite its apparent stupidity, and lack of good looks it is very genial and people can't help but like one when they meet it. It also is a natural athlete

Abilities:+2 str, +4 dex, -4 int, -4 wis, +2 cha

Medium: no bonuses or penalties due to size

Stars have a Base land speed of 50ft due to their long legs.

Poor Hearing: The Star has poorly formed ears giving it a -2 penalty on listen checks

Poor Depth Perception: Both of the Star's eyes are on either the left or right side (depending on which way he is facing) of their head giving them a -2 penalty to ranged attack rolls.

Genial: All stars gain a +4 bonus on all diplomacy checks. This also gives them a -2 penalty on bluff, intimidate, and disguise checks because of their 'honesty'. There is an additional -4 penalty on disguise checks when trying to disguise as another race.

Ignorance is Bliss: The Star is very happy all the time due to its stupidity and has difficulty staying angry. Any rage or frenzy ability used by The Star has the time halved

Gullible: -8 on sense motive checks

Bad Short-term memory: If the Star must prepare spells, he forgets them twelve hours after preparing them and must take 8 hours of rest to prepare them again.

'invisible hands': Despite having no hands, a Star can hold things with their telekinetic 'hands' Because of this they cannot be disarmed. The Star denies their lack of arms and will either ignore or deny any claims that they don't. They only have two 'hands'

Alignment Restriction: They cannot be evil, they are simply too stupid to be bad

Favored Class: None

LA: +1?

EDIT: Specified Number of Hands

EDIT v2.1: Changed Ability score adjustments, added Ignorance is Bliss

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-07, 07:08 PM
You should specify how many hands they have, otherwise they can telekineticaly wield 1000 hand grenades and blow up the universe... er... a dragon or something... Since they're albino they should have a -4 penalty on fortitude saving throws to resist sunburn.

MagFlare
2006-07-07, 07:10 PM
Since they're albino they should have a -4 penalty on fortitude saving throws to resist sunburn.

He does wear a propeller beanie. Surely that helps.

Squangos
2006-07-07, 07:26 PM
Since the stat penalties don't negate all the bonuses, I'd say it's at least +1 LA. They also sound like an Abberation to me…

These guys would make really good barbarians… 60ft speed, +4 strength plus raging, unable to be disarmed…

Ugly_Panda
2006-07-07, 07:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestar_Runner_%28character%29

I didn't get the joke until I read "athlete". I think LA +2.
;D

Beelzebub1111
2006-07-08, 01:10 PM
Well, I made a few changes, what do you think?

Baar_Dau
2006-07-08, 01:51 PM
:D
Brilliant.

"Uh, hello? Is anybody here? I'm here to try out for the uh, jazz ensemble."

fetfet
2006-07-08, 04:35 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Homestar runner is the funniest!!!

Beelzebub1111
2006-07-09, 02:18 AM
Well, If you like that so much maybe I'll make a The Cheat as an animal. or prehaps a wrestleman prestige class.

fetfet
2006-07-09, 08:18 AM
Yay!

http://media.truerwords.net/images/kittens/lovey_and_ysabel/LoveyLynx_002_S.jpg

blackfox
2006-07-09, 08:22 AM
That's... hilarious. I'd love to play the H*R characters in a D+D game... we should playtest this and work out the other characters. ;D

MrSeth
2006-07-09, 12:25 PM
Now we need a Grumpy Be-Abbed Luchador Thing race and a Little Yellow Spotty Thing race. And don't say "Kobold", they don't have spots or fur.

Beelzebub1111
2006-07-28, 01:37 PM
This should probably be moved to the Homebrew thread (and added to the compendium?), and I am currently working on a "Wrestleman" prestige class, that will let you be able to do delicate procidures (Lock picking, Pick Pocketing, Writing, Flipping people off, etc.) while wearing boxing gloves. Then I will do a The Cheat animal, available for a companion. Then...I don't know, a two legged ghost elephant race? What should I call it? A Dumpus?

Elrosth
2006-08-09, 03:51 PM
It also is a natural athlete

Not only is it a natural athlete, some people say it's a terrific athlete.