PDA

View Full Version : That Guy With The Glasses

hanzo66
2009-05-10, 04:58 PM
Anybody knows this (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com)pearl of a site?

Well, for their one-year anniversary, they made a special video (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/6719-1-year-anniversary-video)condensed with awesome.

Still, it's a really fun site with some awesome contributors (one of them, The Spoony One has been discussed a few times here). Do check it out.

The Tygre
2009-05-10, 10:48 PM
To dust off an old chestnut; that was awesome! I love TGWTG. I make it a routine weekly visit, and I find that most of his reviews are still funny the second time round. No wonder they took so long with this vid; this was epic! It's a shame That Guy in the Suede couldn't come, though. But he's still on his mission, so I guess there's nothing for it. Still, raw sweetness here. Especially loved the Big Lipped Alligator Moment.

Starscream
2009-05-11, 01:10 AM
I love this site. One of the best sources of humor currently on the net.

I watched that video last night at work. My co-workers thought I was insane, because I kept pumping my fist in the air every time a reviewer I love turned up.

Needless to say, it happened a lot.

In one year that site has gained a whole lot of ground. There are a ton of talented people on there, and it was really sweet to see them all in the same place.

hanzo66
2009-05-11, 07:37 PM
Well, of course
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/m-bison.jpg

GO AWAY!

I mean. Yesssss... I mean... Sure. They've got some really awesome dude/ettes for their site who specialize in making crap movies/games funny. Hell, Spoony has become one of the top Non-Something Awful Let's Players out there for his awesome runthrough of Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh and SWAT 4.

That and I AM A MAN is one of those things that you should always find a reason to yell.

Starscream
2009-05-12, 04:16 AM
That and I AM A MAN is one of those things that you should always find a reason to yell.

Believe me, I have. And nobody ever gets it.

I need to start hanging out with some dorkier people.

X2
2009-05-12, 04:17 AM
Red Sonja was one of NCs funniest reviews.

"I guess I should stab her again"

WitchSlayer
2009-05-12, 05:28 AM
My favorites are definitely Spoony and Linkara. I like Linkara's reviews for originality.

hanzo66
2009-05-14, 06:56 PM
Those two definitely are two of my preferred one. Psyweedle Linkara is certainly original if nothing else.

Rutskarn
2009-05-14, 09:23 PM
My favorites are the man himself and Nostalgia Chick, person'ly.

But yeah, at least 90% of what that guy touches turns to gold.

Neko Toast
2009-05-19, 03:48 PM
Believe me, I have. And nobody ever gets it.

I need to start hanging out with some dorkier people.

You could come to my college. I know a guy who quotes it. Problem is, he does it too much, explains the connotations of it, and it's never funny. =/

My suggestion: Don't hang out with dorkier people. At least, not extremely dorky people.

That aside, I like TGWTG myself. I've been watching Nostalgia Critic for a while, and I watch Nostalgia Chick, too. I'll likely venture to the other reviewers once I get my laptop back.

Thormag
2009-05-23, 11:45 PM
I visited the site, and I have to thank hanzo66 for introducing me to this wonderful site, where I can spend all that time that I should spend studing, watching the Nostalgia Guy ranting on old cartoons, Linkara going into a berseker rage (Adamantium Rage?) at the mere mention on "One More Day" and the Nostalgia Chick and PUPPIES!!.

Thank you, for ruining my life.

On a more serious note, I loved the site, I think I saw some of the old 5 second movies before, but I didn't know what happened to them. Good think to watch some of those back.

I even made a "Nostalgia Critic" OotS-style avatar that I just posted a few seconds ago in the Arts and Crafts forum.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3012/path3353.png

Wow... I need some help.