PDA

View Full Version : Voices in My Head [Item]

The Demented One
2006-08-08, 02:13 PM
Crystal Mask of Disocias and Xeitzos
Disocias and Xeitzos are two personalities living in a single intelligent psionic item, known as the Crystal Mask of Disocias and Xeitzos, or, more commonly, the Crystal Mask of the Twins. The mask was created in a unique set of circumstances. Two powerful telepaths, the Maenad Disocias and the Githzerai Xeitzos, were waging mental war with each other, having been manipulated as part of the plot of an illithid. As the telepathic duel rose to a climax, the mind flay schemer sprang forth from the shadows, easily defeating both of the weakened psions. As he moved in to extract their brains, however, both called upon their last reserves of power to destroy him, unleashing a psychic blast that destroyed all three. Somehow, however, shadows of the two telepaths minds had been imprinted within the crystal mask the illithid had worn, creating an intelligent item with two personalities.

At all times, one personality is dominant over the other. Each personality has a 50% chance to be dominant when the mask is found. The non-dominant personality may attempt an opposed ego check with the dominant personality to gain dominance, but if it fails, it may not make an ego check again for 1d6 hours. Disocias is Chaotic Good and has an Int and Wis score of 17 and a Cha score of 10, while Xeitzos is Lawful Evil and has an Int and Cha score of 17 and a Wis score of 10. Both personalities have an Ego score of 13. Both personalities can communicate via speech or telepathy, speak Common, Undercommon, Gith, and Maenad, and can read all languages they speak. Both personalities have 120 ft. darkvision, blindsense, and hearing. Each personality has distinct powers. Disocias has 10 ranks in Diplomacy, Gather Information, and Knowledge (Psionics), and may use schism on his wearer once per day. Xeitzos has 10 ranks in Bluff, Intimidate, and Knowledge (Psionics), and may use personality parasite against foes once per day. Unlike most crystal masks, the Crystal Mask of the Twins can be worn by any creature with a humanoid body shape of small or medium size, such as a human, illithid, or succubus.

Strong Telepathy, ML 15th. Cannot be created. Price 45,000 gp.

martyboy74
2006-08-08, 02:23 PM
Crystal Mask of Disocias and Xeitzos
Disocias and Xeitzos are two personalities living in a single intelligent psionic item, known as the Crystal Mask of Disocias and Xeitzos, or, more commonly, the Crystal Mask of the Twins. The mask was created in a unique set of circumstances. Two powerful telepaths, the Maenad Disocias and the Githzerai Xeitzos, were waging mental war with each other, having been manipulated as part of the plot of an illithid. As the telepathic duel rose to a climax, the mind flay schemer sprang forth from the shadows, easily defeating both of the weakened psions. As he moved in to extract their brains, however, both called upon their last reserves of power to destroy him, unleashing a psychic blast that destroyed all three. Somehow, however, shadows of the two telepaths minds had been imprinted within the crystal mask the illithid had worn, creating an intelligent item with two personalities.
Emphasis mine.
Um, I hate to break it to you, but that's not possible. Illithids can't wear crystal masks (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#crystalMaskofDetection), they're abberations.

The Demented One
2006-08-08, 02:30 PM
Emphasis mine.
Um, I hate to break it to you, but that's not possible. Illithids can't wear crystal masks (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#crystalMaskofDetection), they're abberations.

Damn, you're right. All just say it was specially made to be worn by any humanoid-shaped creature.