PDA

View Full Version : A dragon PrC.

Charge
2009-05-14, 06:18 PM
I've been fooling around with these ideas that my sorcerer can become a wicked-cool dragon.
I've looked at numerous 3.5 books, (it seems all books that have the word Dragon in the title) and all seem, well, unsatisfactory. Some are either for divine spell-casters only, you need the draconic heritage feat (a bit too late for that :smallmad: ) or are just terrible, or need a shadowspell level

As i said in a previous thread, i looked at dragon disciple, and its really what im looking for except THERE IS NO FRIKKIN' SORCERER ADVANCEMENT. it seems that im getting all the physical bonuses, and none of them mystical ones. I would, if I could, just make a little homebrew with the exact same stuff except ffull level advancement, put a) seems way to powerful, having awesome attack and magic and b) DM would probs say no as fast as dragon can kill me.

So, I was wondering if anyone here knew any good (either homebrew or not) dragon PrC that a) sorcerer lvl advancement b) dragon-like qualities and c) a DM would allow. Please, please put as man ideas as humanely (or elfley, or dwarvley or ...dragonly?) possible.

And as a side note: how does a dragon mate with a human, and thusly create dragon blood sorcerers? Is there a magical fertilization or something more ... disturbing? and why would a dragon possibly want to do that? aND will a human mate with any thing? Could they mate-with gods? :smallyuk:

Lappy9000
2009-05-14, 06:47 PM
And as a side note: how does a dragon mate with a human, and thusly create dragon blood sorcerers?Polymorph.

Is there a magical fertilization or something more ... disturbing? and why would a dragon possibly want to do that?Dragons pretty much do whatever they feel like anyway.

aND will a human mate with any thing?See above.

Could they mate-with gods? :smallyuk: Zeus did. Constantly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus#Consorts_and_children).

Back on topic, I'll offer my skills if noone else volunteers, although I imagine there are many who are far more qualified.

Draken
2009-05-14, 07:22 PM
I heard there is a PRC in Dark Sun that turns a sorcerer or somesuch into a dragon.

I am not entirely sure, however. And it had some nasty requirements to go on with the transformation, I believe.

Kylarra
2009-05-14, 08:19 PM
Half-dragon template class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030912a).
Costs you only 3 levels to get your dragon typing. You don't get the wings, as the template doesn't give them to medium-sized creatures, but you could probably get your DM to houserule them in.

No caster levels, but hey losing only 3 is a lot better than losing 10.

Alternatively, see if you can combine the template class with LA buyoff (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingleveladjustments.htm) to get "faux-levels" in the class at 9/15/18 by giving up a normal levelup, since you're obviously not starting with the template and really the bonuses lose scale per normal LA.

boomwolf
2009-05-15, 04:33 AM
Sorcerer with the dragonheart mage PrC and tons of draconic feats, allows you to make a "turning more and more draconic" theme, and one of the feats allows limited fly after casting a spell, you can ask your DM to houserole that it gives fluff-only wings that work as the normal feat.

It also allows you to have enchanted senses, bonus to HP, bonus to AC, increaced known spells, breath attack (turn spell slots to breath charge), healing from spellcasting and so much more, at the mere cost of 2 caster levels (at the end result), and a need to fully commit yourself to draconic feats (as many of them improve by the number of draconic feats you have)

All draconic feats can be found in "races of the dragon" and "dragon magic" books. (some are in "complete arcane", but they are in "races of the dragon" as well, in addition to many others.)
I reccomand a human for the bonus feat, its highly importent for draconic sorcerers.

The list of the best (my opinion) draconic feats:

D.Heritage (must take first)
D.Vigor
D.Senses
D.Toughness
D.Power

The end result of this PrC at level 15 is a sorcerer caster level 13, with 10 draconic feats plus and improved version of an 11th one (Draconic Breath gets a super version in the PrC) put of the 15 draconic feats-all of them are either casting-dependent or empowered by massing draconic feats. (technically there are a few more, but they require things a sorcerer don't have...)

I personally favor the blue dragon heritage. but pretty much most of them are good (use the table on races of the dragon for the more complete list.)