PDA

View Full Version : [Items] Flesh of the Planes

The Demented One
2006-08-07, 01:31 AM
Planar Fleshgrafter
You can create grafts from the flesh of extraplanar beings.
Requirements: Knowledge (The Planes) 2 ranks, caster level 5th.
Benefit: You can create and attach any outsider graft (see below) whose requirements you meet. Creating and attaching an outsider graft follows the normal rules for creating a graft (see Magic of Eberron, page 127).

Babaue Slime Glands
A Babau Slime Glands graft implants acidic slime-producing glands within the body of its bearer. Once per day, the bearer of the glands may secrete acidic slime, which coats his body. Any weapon that touches him while he is covered in slime takes 1d8 points of acid damage from the corrosive goo, and the weapon’s hardness does not reduce this damage. A magic weapon may attempt a Reflex save, DC 13, to avoid taking this damage. A creature who strikes the bearer with an unarmed attack, unarmed strike, touch spell, or natural weapon takes this damage as well but can negate the damage with a DC 13 Reflex save. The slime lasts for 5 rounds, after which it becomes harmless and crumbles away. While the acidic slime does not harm the graft’s bearer, the presence of the slime within his body weakens him, causing him to take a -2 penalty to Constituion.

Planar Fleshgrafter, [i]acid arrow. Cost 3,500 gp + 280 xp. Price 7,000 gp.

Eladrin’s Eye
An Eladrin’s Eye graft embeds corneal tissue taken from a Shiradi eladrin (Book of Exalted Deeds) in the eyes of its bearer. The bearer becomes aware of any enchantment effects within 20 ft. of himself. However, his extra sensitivity to magic can overwhelm his normal senses, causing him to take a -2 penalty on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.

Planar Fleshgrafter, detect magic. Cost 8,000 gp + 640 xp. Price 16,000 gp.

Eyes of the Archon
An Eyes of the Archon graft augments the eyes of its bearer with flesh taken from a Lantern Archon, allowing him to fire rays of light from his eyes. He gains a touch attack with a range of 30 ft. On a successful hit with the attack, he deals 1d6 points of damage. In addition, the recipient of the graft’s eyes give off light as torches. However, the bright light obscures the bearer’s vision partially, giving him a -2 penalty on all Search and Spot checks.

Planar Fleshgrafter, searing light. Cost 1,000 gp + 80 xp. Price 2,000 gp.

Flesh of Chaos
A Flesh of Chaos graft infuses flesh harvested from a Chaos Beast into its bearer. Its bearer becomes immune to many transmutation effects. Effects such as polymorphing or petrification can force into a new shape, but at the start of its next turn it may immediately returns to its true form as a free action. However, the chaotic energies infused in the creature’s body wrack its mind, giving it a -2 penalty to Wisdom.

Planar Fleshgrafter, polymorph. Cost 22,500 gp + 1,800 xp. Price 45,000 gp.

Heart of the Balor
A Heart of the Balor graft grafts a Balor’s cardiac tissue, charged with abyssal energies, onto the heart of its bearer. If the bearer of the graft dies, his heart explodes, releasing a wave of fire power that deals 10d6 points of fire damage to all creatures within 20 ft. of the fallen creature. Creatures may attempt a Reflex save, DC 14, for half damage. The blast destroys the bearer’s corpse. However, there presence of the seething abyssal energies taints the bearer’s blood, giving him a -2 penalty to Constitution.

Planar Fleshgrafter, fireball. Cost 3,000 gp + 240 xp. Price 6,000 gp.

Hellcat Hide
A Hellcat Hide graft covers the body of its bearer in the harvested hide of a Bezekira. He gains a +5 bonus on Hide checks made within well-lit areas. However, he takes a -5 penatly on Hide checks made within areas of shadowy illumination or darker.

Planar Fleshgrafter, light. Cost 750 gp + 60 xp. Price 1,500 gp.

Titanic Grasp
A Titanic Grasp graft augments its bearer’s arms with the muscles of a titan, allowing him to wield weapon’s one size larger than his own size at no penalty. However, the bulking muscles make him somewhat clumsier, giving him a -2 penalty to Dexterity.

Planar Fleshgrafter, enlarge person. Cost 15,000 gp + 1,200 xp. Price 30,000 gp.

Tongue of the Leonal
A Tongue of the Leonal graft merges flesh taken from a Leonal’s tongue and vocal chords into the bearer’s throat. Once per day, he may roar, like a Leonal, which releases a 20 ft. cone that duplicates the effects of a holy word spell, caster level 13th, and deals an additional 2d6 points of sonic damage. The save DC is 20. However, the tongue causes its bearer to take on some of the pride and arrogance of a Leonal with none of its good judgement, causing him to take a -2 penalty to Wisdom.

Planar Fleshgrafter, holy word. Cost 37,500 gp + 3,000 xp. Price 75,000 gp.

Yagnoloth Arm
A Yagnoloth Arm graft takes flesh from the massively bulky arm of a Yagnoloth (MM2) and augments one arm of a creature with it. However, its presence saps the strength of the bearer’s other arms. When performing actions with only the arm the Yagnoloth Arm has been grafted to, the bearer of the graft’s Str score is treated as being six higher than normal. However, when performing actions with any of his other arms, his Str score is treated as being six lower than normal. When performing actions with both his arms at once, his Str score is treated as normal.

Planar Fleshgrafter, bull’s strength. Cost 12,500 gp + 1,000 xp. Price 25,000 gp.

Fizban
2006-08-07, 07:28 AM
No problems here, but I remember in races of the dragon they started implimenting hp penalties for grafts, as well as body locations (skin, arms, head, etc), and insanely huge costs for the most minor abilities. I guess you didnt buy into that then?

martyboy74
2006-08-07, 08:35 AM
What all does Titanic Grasp stack with? Enlarge person? Monkeygrip? Powerful build? All of the above? ;D

The Demented One
2006-08-07, 09:47 AM
No problems here, but I remember in races of the dragon they started implimenting hp penalties for grafts, as well as body locations (skin, arms, head, etc), and insanely huge costs for the most minor abilities. I guess you didnt buy into that then?
For the two above, I listed them, but just not with the the separate subheaders for each. I dislike the new item format. Body location is generally given in the first line, penalties in the last. As for pricing, I just priced them as I would a similarly unslotted item that does what the graft does.

[quote=Psionic Devotee]What all does Titanic Grasp stack with? Enlarge person? Monkeygrip? Powerful build? All of the above? ;D
Enlarge Person, but that's it. Titanic Grasp, Monkey Grip, and Powerful Build all let you wield weapons one size larger than normal. With that wording, none of them could stack. It would have to be something like "add a +1 bonus to the maximum size of weapon you can wield", or somesuch.