PDA

View Full Version : Graduated in the Playground

BRC
2009-05-18, 01:16 AM
http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=ConGraduations!&b=Graduate%20from%20High%20School&c=u&e=739&f=1
I just now remembered to post this. But Hey! The last six years at the same school (Both Middle and High school) Have come to an end, and I'm off to college in a few months. So yeah!
:smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-18, 01:18 AM
Aaalmost.:smallbiggrin:

Got exams starting tomorrow.:smalleek::smallsigh:

Graduate in start July:smallcool:

reorith
2009-05-18, 01:19 AM
so uh... graduaed?

Haven
2009-05-18, 01:23 AM
The idea of making XBox-style accomplishments for your own life intrigues me XD

Anyway, grats to you and everyone else who's graduated! I have just a few more credits left before I get out of college, hopefully I can make it by the end of the summer. Though I suppose it's not like the Firelord will take over the world if I haven't finished by then, or anything.

Alteran
2009-05-18, 01:25 AM
Congratulations! I still have a month and then two years left, but I'm not too torn up about it. I'll be able to take more of the courses I actually care about now.

I hope you enjoy the summer and have fun in college. :smallsmile:

skywalker
2009-05-18, 01:52 AM
Congrats BRC! My girlfriend graduated high school today... :smallredface:?

Anyway we had a killer party, I hope you did too! I'm not sure what else to say besides great job...

This time of year makes me so nostalgic...

Serpentine
2009-05-18, 07:54 AM
Yay BloddyRedCommie!

Yay BaA/Sc! :biggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-18, 07:56 AM
Sister got out of college yesterday. 2 years left for me.

toasty
2009-05-18, 08:09 AM
I'm nearly done 11th grade here... *sigh* many of my friends have/will/are graduating/ed though. A pair of my friends finished their A Levels this week so we are going to have a fun summer. B)

ghost_warlock
2009-05-18, 08:13 AM
Yay, I graduated too! :smallbiggrin:

Um, like 4 years ago... :smallwink:

Congrats to all you newlygrads, though. :smallcool:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-18, 08:17 AM
Almost-hopefully grad.....

someonenonotyou
2009-05-18, 08:20 AM
Almost graduated just 4 more day UHG well hopfully i mean i could still do something really stupid and not graduate:smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2009-05-18, 08:20 AM
High school? Meh. Some of my friends will graduate from university within the next few months.

Nameless
2009-05-18, 08:22 AM
Yay! congrats!
Wow, it's been almost a year since I graduated... :smalleek:

GoC
2009-05-18, 08:25 AM
I never graduated. For me it was straight from the cradle to uni.:smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2009-05-18, 08:50 AM
High school? Meh. Some of my friends will graduate from university within the next few months.Like me :biggrin: ...well, about 2 months ago.

averagejoe
2009-05-18, 10:58 PM
Just got back from my final, um, final. So, that's all done with. No more school ever again forever. Science can go sit on it, I'll become a musician or something.

RTGoodman
2009-05-18, 11:05 PM
Congrats everyone! I was in your shoes this time last year (graduating from college, not high school). Next I'm headin' off to grad school, so I guess in a couple of years I'll be able to post here again about graduating, this time with my Master's. :smalleek:

Dragonrider
2009-05-18, 11:39 PM
Though in actuality I never attended, according to the State of Oregon, I graduate from high school in two weeks... :smallcool:

Then it's off to Whitman College for me.

Hell Puppi
2009-05-18, 11:42 PM
Just got my associates :smallbiggrin:
I took some time off from school though...I had to figure out what the heck I wanted to do. Had I gone all the way through I could probably have my Master's by now *grumbles*. Ah well. Prolly another 2 years 'till my Bachelors and I'll be happy.

Silverraptor
2009-05-19, 12:41 PM
3 weeks and I'm out on my own too.:smallbiggrin:

Coplantor
2009-05-19, 01:00 PM
I graduated from highschool three years ago and I have 2.5 years left to graduate from college, if nothing bad happens.

For the rest of you, congratulations! Seriously. Now go get a cow, a burning pire and celebrate properly.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-05-19, 02:59 PM
I still have a few years. Ah, I'm patient

Though in actuality I never attended, according to the State of Oregon, I graduate from high school in two weeks... :smallcool:

Then it's off to Whitman College for me.

Forgive me, I'm nosy. How does that work out? I didn't think homeschooling goes down very well with universities.

Dragonrider
2009-05-19, 03:02 PM
Forgive me, I'm nosy. How does that work out? I didn't think homeschooling goes down very well with universities.

In the U.S., anyway, if you take your SATs...
Your ACTs...
AP tests....
and have some college credit already (I take some classes at a community college)....

They like you even if you've never set foot in a high school. :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-19, 03:06 PM
Waaaant.....

Also, your education system is sooooo simple...

This year I will be graduating from Middelbaar Onderwijs VMBO-TL.

Fredthefighter
2009-05-19, 03:19 PM
In 1995, I began my attendance at Lane Head nursery. In 1996, I went to Woodlands Primary School. In July 2004, I left Woodlands Primary School at and went to Pool Hayes Arts and Community College in the following September.

Officially, I graduate from British compulsory education on the 26th of June 2009, however, I will be going on study leave from the 22nd of May.
So I technically graduate in a few days.
However, I do plan to continue with optional education (6th form and A-levels) until July 2011. Then I shall try to endeavour into joining a university and studying either History or Law (or perhaps both). Which should take me all the way up to 2014 or perhaps beyond that.

Coplantor
2009-05-19, 03:19 PM
Waaaant.....

Also, your education system is sooooo simple...

This year I will be graduating from Middelbaar Onderwijs VMBO-TL.

Oh god, please dont pull the graph again...

Thufir
2009-05-19, 05:14 PM
In 1995, I began my attendance at Lane Head nursery. In 1996, I went to Woodlands Primary School. In July 2004, I left Woodlands Primary School at and went to Pool Hayes Arts and Community College in the following September.

Internet stalkers... DEPLOY!

So I technically graduate in a few days.

No. No you don't. Going on study leave does not equal graduating. Nor does finishing your exams.

–verb (used without object)
6. to receive a degree or diploma on completing a course of study (often fol. by from): She graduated from college in 1985.
So you graduate on results day, or if you want to get technical, possibly not until a couple of months later when you get your GCSE certificates.

Phaedra
2009-05-19, 05:25 PM
High school? Meh. Some of my friends will graduate from university within the next few months.

Hah, I've graduated from university twice! And hope to do so again in two to three years time. I'll have to stop after that though, accept adult life.

It's not a real graduation unless you're wearing a stupid robe. :smalltongue:

PhoeKun
2009-05-19, 05:43 PM
It's not a real graduation unless you're wearing a stupid robe. :smalltongue:

Truth.

Sadly, my stupid robe wearing days are behind me. Unless I plunge myself deeper into the dark abyss of debt to accumulate higher degrees I do not believe I have any sort of use for, my days of academia are behind me. And all I have to show for it is a heretofore useless degree in a stunningly gorgeous frame. Phoe needs employment. :smallfrown:

Anyway, congratulations to all of you grads or nearly grads. Best of luck in whatever level awaits you next.

Raistlin1040
2009-05-19, 05:50 PM
About 3 years until I'm all finished up. Lots of fun will be had.

BRC
2009-05-19, 05:55 PM
Heh, I almost accidentally put a guys eye out when I threw my cap at the end of the ceremony. And the robes were surprisingly comfortable, I kept wearing them for awhile after the ceremony. Though I suppose it helped that the heat broke the day before, so it was somewhat cool, which was very good because the building we did the ceremony in (City Hall actually) doesn't have AC.

So yeah. Thanks everybody!

Dragonrider
2009-05-19, 06:05 PM
Every graduation should culminate like Buffy's in season three. :smalltongue:

Syka
2009-05-19, 07:18 PM
I have had three graduations, two of which I voluntarily attended. I didn't wish to go to my high school one but my mom made me. :smalltongue: I worked my butt off for my A.A. and B.A. so I walked proudly for both. I liked my B.A. ceremony better- despite more students, it went by quicker and I got to spend the whole ceremony next to a friend from my psych lab. :)

Plus I could say I was a college graduate and not get glared at for only having an A.A. :smallwink:

toasty
2009-05-19, 10:15 PM
In the U.S., anyway, if you take your SATs...
Your ACTs...
AP tests....
and have some college credit already (I take some classes at a community college)....

They like you even if you've never set foot in a high school. :smallbiggrin:

Yep, its true. Though I'm not going to have any college credit or AP tests. Some of the colleges I visited last summer even had special admission councilors for homeschoolers.

This of course says nothing about the public school system in the United States. ;)

PhoeKun
2009-05-19, 11:31 PM
Yep, its true. Though I'm not going to have any college credit or AP tests. Some of the colleges I visited last summer even had special admission councilors for homeschoolers.

This of course says nothing about the public school system in the United States. ;)

All it really says is that universities recognize that a homeschooler's tuition money is worth just as much as a public school student's. :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2009-05-20, 12:40 AM
Heh, I almost accidentally put a guys eye out when I threw my cap at the end of the ceremony. And the robes were surprisingly comfortable, I kept wearing them for awhile after the ceremony. Though I suppose it helped that the heat broke the day before, so it was somewhat cool, which was very good because the building we did the ceremony in (City Hall actually) doesn't have AC.

So yeah. Thanks everybody!

wow... they left you throw your caps? I wish we could have done that. But we needed our caps to get our diploma. All we got was an empty case when we walked up onto the stage.

But yeah. First year of college finished for me. Kind of annoying cause i got a 3.49 GPA this semester and my Mom wanted a 3.5 and she's giving me crap about it. But that's a different story.

Zeb The Troll
2009-05-20, 12:43 AM
Just got my associates :smallbiggrin:
I took some time off from school though...I had to figure out what the heck I wanted to do. Had I gone all the way through I could probably have my Master's by now *grumbles*. Ah well. Prolly another 2 years 'till my Bachelors and I'll be happy.I took some time off too. I didn't get my BS until I was 30. :smallcool: I could've had a PhD by then if I'd just, you know, gone to school the whole time. Ah well. Took some more time off after that and am now slowly working on a MS. Three courses down and something like 9 to go. Experience has now taught me that at this level I can no longer be a full time student AND a full time worker bee. :smallcool:

Don Julio Anejo
2009-05-20, 02:43 AM
Had 2 years left until I got my B.A. Now I've decided to do a double major... Add another 2 years with 2/6 under my belt. Don't know how I'm going to do it degree wise though - BA + BS or just a BA with a double major... Or switch to BS.

Plus I could say I was a college graduate and not get glared at for only having an A.A. :smallwink:
Stupid question, but what's an A.A.?

RMS Oceanic
2009-05-20, 02:46 AM
I've already graduated, but I just remembered today is the first anniversary of my Final University Exam, which allowed me to acquire a Master's Degree in Computer Science.

Also, it was the best paper I had in four years of study. All my preferred subjects came up. It was kind of like one of those really fun video game levels where you get an eleventh hour superpower and go to town.

Serpentine
2009-05-20, 03:10 AM
When I went up to get my Bachelor from the new Dean of UNE (who is also the federal representative for this area, and also the the Speaker of the House of... one of them, Senate or Representatives), I shook his hand... and walked away without my degree :smallredface:

Zeb The Troll
2009-05-20, 03:48 AM
Stupid question, but what's an A.A.?It's an Associates degree, which is a two year degree typically earned from a community college. For a lot of people it's a great way to get your first two years of college education on the cheap before progressign on to a regular four year school.