PDA

View Full Version : For One More Day...

UserClone
2009-05-19, 12:52 AM
Someone that you lost. A missed opportunity. Someone that went away, passed away, moved away...if you had one more day, what would you do with it?

For example, if I had one more day with her, I'd wake her up with a kiss, call in sick to work and spend the day with her, take her to the park and push her on the swing, make her a wonderful dinner...then I'd spontaneously jump up from the dinner table and put on a sweet, sappy song, and beg her for a dance, holding her close, nuzzling her neck. For one more day.

EDIT: Please don't bother posting if you are just going to say something along the lines of not living in the past. If that's all you have to say, you've missed the point, and you aren't contributing. Thanks!

Serpentine
2009-05-19, 01:07 AM
Now that I'm big enough to not get crushed, I'd get as many of those Gramma-hugs as I could :smallfrown:
Also: Get online Flip :smalltongue:

Verruckt
2009-05-19, 01:41 AM
one day more, another day another destiny, these men who seem to know my crime will surely come a second time!

But seriously, I'd wake up next to her one more time, she was so beautiful when she was sleeping.

Canadian
2009-05-19, 09:50 AM
I'd save it for a special occasion.

Dragonrider
2009-05-19, 09:55 AM
one day more, another day another destiny, these men who seem to know my crime will surely come a second time!

<3 you for quoting that. :smallbiggrin:

...I'm too young to have meaningful regrets. :smalltongue:

lord of kobolds
2009-05-19, 10:04 AM
<3 you for quoting that. :smallbiggrin:

...I'm too young to have meaningful regrets. :smalltongue:

I'm 16, but I still can't say that.
If I had one more day with anyone, I would just have my mom comfort me, one last time, and perhaps tell my dad that he really is hurting me.

blackfox
2009-05-19, 10:30 AM
one day more, another day another destiny, these men who seem to know my crime will surely come a second time! *gives awesome points*

Sit him down and learn everything about him. Whenever I lose people, the saddest part is that I always feel like I barely know them. My grandfather was 78, I was around for 17 of those years, and even then only for the week at a time that my mother's parents came from CA to visit. There's so much there that I didn't know, and he's such an amazing person. Everyone is.

Thufir
2009-05-19, 12:16 PM
one day more, another day another destiny, this never ending road to calvary, these men who seem to know my crime will surely come a second time!

Fixed.
I have nothing more to add to this thread.

Calmness
2009-05-19, 12:31 PM
I'd ask her out somewhere. Anywhere. I was so scared back then.

Dirk Kris
2009-05-19, 12:53 PM
Tell him how much he meant to me and everyone else, how much we all needed him but never said it. And I'd tell him how much I loved him. :smallfrown:

loopy
2009-05-19, 04:49 PM
Hell, one more hour. I'd once again take her out for a walk along the waterfront, stealing kisses under the moonlight, and just forget about all my problems. If I had one hour of my life that I would prolong for eternity, it would be that.

Lupy
2009-05-19, 06:49 PM
I'd save it until I have regrets and people I wish I'd spent more time with.

If I had to use it now?

I bring back Town, just as it was in August, for one more day.

MethosH
2009-05-19, 07:18 PM
I don't really know what I could do with one extra day...

But I know what I would say if knew what was going to happen...

"Sure, you can come over here on tuesday."

Syka
2009-05-19, 07:22 PM
I'd have figured out SOME way to be there the day she left. I'm already determined to find a way to be there when she gets back- as in, I'd pay a thousand dollars for a ticket that should only be 200, max, call out of work right before needing to go in, and spend any amount of layover time in a strange city, without hotel or other plans, alone to make sure I'm standing there when she gets off the plane. (Best friend in Iraq right now; contact is currently spotty at best but she also hasn't gotten to her final destination yet.)

Verruckt
2009-05-19, 09:54 PM
Fixed.
I have nothing more to add to this thread.

I was waiting for someone to do that, I couldn't remember what the line was, thankyou :smallsmile:

thubby
2009-05-19, 10:00 PM
go help him in his garden.

Kjata
2009-05-19, 10:29 PM
Anybody who is no longer in my life is gone for a reason, I dont want one more day with any of them. It doesn't do anybody any good to live in the past.

SilentNight
2009-05-19, 10:44 PM
Put into words what both of us knew, take a picnic lunch upstream, enjoy her company listen to music in each other's arms. Come night go stargazing on the beach, whisper in her ear, do what we didn't have time for before.

Extra_Crispy
2009-05-20, 12:46 AM
This is a hard one, soooooo many days to choose from. Not that I have a lot of regrets, I have a few, but there is so much I could do with one day in my past.

I could change Friday September 14, 1993. The day I had an accident and was severly burned. Not because of what I went through, I am completely comfortable with that and the scars I have now, but to save my parents and other loved ones the grief and fear that I was not going to make it.

I could go back a little farther and tell my highschool crush how I felt and actually ask her out instead of being a complete dork and just being a friend. That may have saved her from a terrible, abusive marriage right out of highschool.

I could love to spend one more day with any of my grandfathers (I had 3, my fathers step dad died when I was 8) I miss them and never really got to know any of them very well.

Current time there is not much need for for an extra day, I would probably have to work that day anyway. :smallwink:

skywalker
2009-05-20, 02:59 AM
I could change Friday September 14, 1993. The day I had an accident and was severly burned. Not because of what I went through, I am completely comfortable with that and the scars I have now, but to save my parents and other loved ones the grief and fear that I was not going to make it.

Is "Extra_Crispy" a dark joke, then?

For example, if I had one more day with her, I'd wake her up with a kiss, call in sick to work and spend the day with her, take her to the park and push her on the swing, make her a wonderful dinner...then I'd spontaneously jump up from the dinner table and put on a sweet, sappy song, and beg her for a dance, holding her close, nuzzling her neck. For one more day.

Dude, downer. You have a way of expressing your sadness that, for those who know your story, is so very poignant. At least for me. :frown:

Mine is also about a girl... But I wouldn't settle for one more day. I'll take the rest of my life. But one more day? Nah. Not enough for me.

Extra_Crispy
2009-05-20, 03:12 AM
Yes it is kinda a dark joke.

A friend of mine was talking about another Steve we know (my real first name is Steven). I kept interupting the conversation saying things like "that was not me, I did not do that" basically just being a pain. He got tired of it and said "Fine he is original recipe and you are extra crispy" I laughed so hard I almost fell over. So now Steve and I refer to each other as Steve-o and XC.

I find you have to have a twisted since of humor in this world, espically about yourself or you will just go crazy.

Coidzor
2009-05-20, 03:30 AM
Hmm, how melancholy... I can't think of anything that wouldn't just make the pain all the worse....

xPANCAKEx
2009-05-20, 03:49 AM
the only girl that i miss its all done/dusted

sure i wish things were different but fact is they're not. She doesn't feel the same. Im getting over it. "One more day" would just bump things back a massive notch and probably bump me right back to the start.... tres counterproductive

UserClone
2009-05-20, 10:55 AM
I think maybe you ought to read Morrie in His Own Words, by way of Tuesdays With Morrie, if you can't see any benefit in grieving, fantasizing, or internalizing loss through a cathartic act. Just writing it down where tons of people could see it makes me feel a bit better.

And thanks, Skywalker. At least I can do something well. :smallwink:

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-20, 11:05 AM
Why aren't you on AIM again?

I don't have regrets. I have an unspoken agreement with myself that I am a fool and will make mistakes, therefore I shall not cause myself emotional pain over what I have done.

I would probably not spend one more day trying to make up for the times we could have had, but to get closure. To stop wondering "what if".

Funny part is, she isn't dead yet. Hell, I could talk to her anytime I want. It still feels like inappropriately ended.

Trog
2009-05-20, 11:20 AM
"Don't dwell on what went wrong.
Instead, focus on what to do next.
Spend your energies on moving
forward toward finding the answer."
- Denis Waitley

"You can't look forward and
backward at the same time."
- Coleman Young

UserClone
2009-05-20, 11:40 AM
Okay, while I appreciate the sentiment, that is not the point of this thread. This thread is about what you would do if you had one more day. If you would give that day up voluntarily, then that's fine. Say so. But please don't tell the rest of us that we are doing it wrong. :smallyuk:

Crixon
2009-05-20, 11:53 AM
Honestly i dont know, i would love to visit with my great grandfather but he died before i was born, because he went through alot, was even in ww1, and i know next to nothing about him, other then that .... i dont know, if i could go back and change things i could do that within a day easily, but ya ... everyone else i care about is living right now.

Trog
2009-05-20, 11:54 AM
Okay, while I appreciate the sentiment, that is not the point of this thread. This thread is about what you would do if you had one more day. If you would give that day up voluntarily, then that's fine. Say so. But please don't tell the rest of us that we are doing it wrong. :smallyuk:

You are inferring that I am doing that. I never EVER said the rest of you are doing it wrong.

UserClone
2009-05-20, 11:59 AM
Fair enough. Cool avatar, btw. Don't know that I've seen that one.

Trog
2009-05-20, 12:09 PM
Fair enough. Cool avatar, btw. Don't know that I've seen that one.

Thanks. Didn't mean to come off as raining on your parade or thread or what have you.

EDIT: If I had a day like this I know, personally, I would just have way too many options to pick from and no matter what I picked to go back and relive or what have you, I would regret my decision. I would think that the choice would have been better spent here or there. Since, for me personally, I can see no good coming out of this, I am better off sticking to the advice in those previously posted quotes.

So...

If I get an extra day I give it to you. Sounds like you would know how to better put it to better use than I would. :smallwink:

*PigeonsHug*

Pyrian
2009-05-20, 12:39 PM
Didn't mean to come off as raining on your parade or thread or what have you.You did come into the thread and post remarks to the effect of "don't do X" where "X" is what everyone in the thread was doing. How did you expect that to come across, exactly? :smalltongue:

Trog
2009-05-20, 12:54 PM
You did come into the thread and post remarks to the effect of "don't do X" where "X" is what everyone in the thread was doing. How did you expect that to come across, exactly? :smalltongue:

Well as I said above I thought that (after some consideration) taking an extra day might not be the best choice for me. Then posting some quotes that sort of reflected that in better words than what I could come up with. I thought it might be a good thing for others to consider whilst making their own choices for the thread is all.

Hell Puppi
2009-05-20, 12:56 PM
Hmm...I'm still in touch with most of my friends and those around me who've died have done so after a long, happy life where I had the good fortune to say I cared for them before they left.
All of my exes I've either split on good terms with or would really never like to see again.

Having my cat Salem back would be nice. He was only 2 and got poisoned and was one of the coolest pets I've ever had, but that's about it.

Wow for all the horrible decision making that I do there's very little I'd like to change.:smalleek: