PDA

View Full Version : Masterwork & Special materials

raitalin
2009-05-19, 11:30 AM
I've planning a low-magic campaign and I know I recently saw either a Dragon article or something in a third party book that had some really interesting expanded masterworking rules. Anybody know where I might find that, or something like it? I'm even open to homebrew if you've got a line on a good one.

Same goes for special materials, I know about the ones in the DMG and ECS, and I'm sure I can dig up some more if I look through more books, but does anyone know of a compiled list somewhere or a Dragon article that has some new ones.

I figure just because the treasure isn't magical doesn't mean it can't be interesting, ya know.

Paramour Pink
2009-05-19, 12:07 PM
Well, there is something, but it's not homebrew. Races of Stone, page 159, there's Dwarvencraft items. It's pretty much masterwork on top of masterwork, but it should still work out for your idea.

Kaiyanwang
2009-05-19, 12:31 PM
Dragon Magazine 358.

Rules for the feat "Artisan Craftsman". The feat works in this way: you choose craft (Armorsmithing), (Weaponsmithing) or (Bowmaking) when you select it.

Basing on the skill you selected and the rank in it, you gain knowledges about particular craft techniques.

As an example, a slaching weapon doing 1 damage more, or making the enemy bleeding. Or better against disarm.

You can craft a Bow with increased range increment, or an armor bringing you a +1 more in armor or max dex bonus.

A lot of these things are good even in magic campaings! If you need informations about some cool metal or wood, ask me :smallsmile: