PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 in the Playground: Villainous Organizations - Voting Time!

Athaniar
2009-05-19, 01:03 PM
The Villain Top 10 has inspired me to create this thread: it's similar to the other, but now the subject is organizations instead, not (just) the big bads themselves. As in Llama's, each of you have 5 nominations.

Important rules: Organized species are acceptable (like they often are in Sci-Fi and Fantasy), but real-life organizations are not, so no Nazis just because they were in Indiana Jones.

Nominees (96)

A
The Alliance (Firefly)
Anti-Spirals (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
The Ashen Veil (Fall from Heaven)
The Auditors (Discworld)

B
The Bandits (Seven Samurai)
The Bane (Sarah Jane Adventures)
The Black Council (The Dresden Files)
The Borg Collective (Star Trek)
The Brotherhood of Nod (Command & Conquer)
The Burning Legion (Warcraft)

C
The Cabal (Magic: the Gathering)
The Cabal (Marvel)
Cerberus (Mass Effect)
Chronos (The Guyver)
The Civilization Inspectors (Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2)
The Clans (Battletech)
The Clave (2nd Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever)
Cobra (GI Joe)
The Combine (Half-Life)
The Corleone Family (The Godfather)
The Court of the Crimson King (Dark Tower)
The Covenant (Halo)
The Cybermen (Doctor Who)
The Cylons (Battlestar Gallactica)

D
The Daleks (Doctor Who)
Dead Cell (Metal gear Solid: 2)
The Decepticons (Transformers)
The Delmo Corps (Agent Aika)
The Dominion (Star Trek)

E
The Eaters (First Law Trilogy)
The Ethos (Xenogears)
Everyone (Paranoia)
The Evil League of Evil (Dr. Horrible)

F
The Fiendish Five (Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus)
The Fire Nation (Avatar)

G
The Galactic Empire (Star Wars)
The General Oblation Board (Northern Lights)
The Gotei 13 (Bleach)
The Grail (Preacher)
The Green Storm (The Mortal Engines Books)
The Guild of Calamitous Intent (Venture Bros.)

H
The Horde (Warcraft 1 and 2)
The House of Black and White: The Faceless Men (A Song of Ice and Fire)
House Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire)
HYDRA (Marvel)

I
The Inhibitors (Revelation Space)

J
Jackson's Whole (Vorkosigan saga)

K
KAOS (Get Smart)
The Klaww Gang (Sly 2: Band of Thieves)
Krikketers (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

L
The Laboratory (Shift games)
LexCorp (DC)
The Liberators (Ultimate Marvel)
The Linear Guild (Order of the Stick)

M
Majestic 12 (Deus Ex)
Manpower Incorporated/The Mesan Alignment (Honorverse)
Millenium (Hellsing)
Mothers Against Canada (South Park)

N
N.W.A (Hot Fuzz)

O
The Old Ones (Lovecraft Mythos)
The Organizers (MadWorld)
The Others (Lost)

P
The Party (1984)
The Patriots (Metal Gear)
The Peacekeepers (Farscape)
Phyraxia (Magic: the Gathering)
Pro-Reg Supers (Marvel)
The Psi Corps (Babylon 5)

Q

R

S
Sapientes Gladio (Shadow Hearts Covenant)
SEELE (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
The Shadows (Babylon 5)
Shivans (Descent: Freespace)
SILENT (Nextwave)
The Sith Order (Star Wars)
SPECTRE (James Bond)
The System Lords (Stargate)

T
Team Rocket (Pokémon)
The Technocracy (Mage: the Ascension)
Tessier-Ashpool (Neuromancer)
The Third Street Saints (Saints Row 2)

U
Umbrella Chemicals Inc. (Resident Evil)
U.M.C.P. (Gap Cycle)
The Unique and Supreme Lodge of the Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Night (Discworld)

V
Veidt Enterprises (Watchmen)
The Vogons (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
The Vorlons (Babylon 5)

W
Whoever they really are (The Prisoner)
The Word of Blake (Battletech)

X
The Xenomorph Hive (Alien)

Y
The Yeerk Empire (Animorphs)
Yotsuba Corporation (Death Note)
The Yuuzhan Vong (Star Wars)

Z
Ze Balmary Empire (Super Robot Wars Alpha and Original Generations)
The Zentraedi (Macross)
Zeon (Sieg Zeon!)
The Zerg Swarm (Starcraft)

1 Vote:
The Covenant (Halo)
The Cylons (Battlestar Gallactica)
The Dominion (Star Trek)
The Ethos (Xenogears)
The Fiendish Five (Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus)
The Gotei 13 (Bleach)
Jackson's Whole
KAOS (Get Smart)
The Klaww Gang (Sly 2: Band of Thieves)
Millenium (Hellsing)
N.W.A (Hot Fuzz)
Phyrexia (Magic: the Gathering)
the Shivans (Descent: Freespace)
SILENT (Nextwave)
Team Rocket (Pokémon)
The Vorlons (Babylon 5)
The Yeerk Empire (Animorphs)
Zerg Swarm (Starcraft)

2 Votes:
The Fire Nation (Avatar)
The Others (Lost)
The Shadows (Babylon 5)

3 Votes:
Cobra (G.I. Joe)
The Combine (Half-Life)
The Linear Guild (OotS)

4 Votes:
The Alliance (Firefly)
The Auditors (Discworld)
Everyone (Paranoia)
The Galactic Empire (Star Wars) 2
SPECTRE (James Bond)

5 Votes:

6 Votes:
The Borg Collective (Star Trek) 1
The Party (1984) 1

7 Votes:
The Daleks (Doctor Who)

I'll start off by nominating the Sith Order (Star Wars), the Borg Collective (Star Trek), the Daleks (Doctor Who), the System Lords (Stargate), and the Burning Legion (Warcraft).

bladedSmoke
2009-05-19, 01:16 PM
The Unique and Supreme Lodge of the Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Night(Discworld) - Just look at their name. Plus, figgins.

The Auditors (Discworld) - tried to kill off the equivalent of Santa Claus. Tried to bring about the end of all life multiple times, just because it's messy.

The Black Council (The Dresden Files) - Shadowy, mysterious, powerful. Scary.

The Gotei 13 (Bleach) - Dunno if they count as villains now, though they certainly were, and bloody good ones, for 40 episodes or so.

The Green Storm (The Mortal Engines Books) - Taking environmentalism to an insane extent. One of their members, achieving a moment of clarity: "We say we want to turn the world green again... But all we are doing is churning it into mud."

Tamburlaine
2009-05-19, 01:59 PM
SEELE (Neon Genesis Evangelion), the Decepticons (Transformers), House Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire), the General Oblation Board (Northern Lights), and the Technocracy (Mage: the Ascension).

All picked mainly because they're memorable and make a heck of an impression, rather than on the virtue (as it were) of their villainy.

DarthArminius
2009-05-19, 02:10 PM
The Ashen Veil, from Fall from Heaven.

Linkavitch
2009-05-19, 04:30 PM
SPECTRE, from James Bond.

Shivans, from the Descent: Freespace series.

Blayze
2009-05-19, 04:50 PM
The Anti-Spirals, from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Faced with the prospect of eventual certain doom -- the Spiral Nemesis -- as evolution progressed toward the point where a faction capable of destroying all reality was going to eventually happen, they chose instead to protect all reality by preventing all other lifeforms from evolving to anywhere near that point.

Also, just check out the first three or so minutes of episode 27 -- and then the rest of said episode. Where else will you find a battle between mecha where entire universes are used as projectiles?

Dienekes
2009-05-19, 05:03 PM
The Cabal from MTG. A simple one, probably won't make it far. But I enjoyed reading about it.

The House of Black and White: The Faceless Men from ASOIAF (seems like more of an organization than Lannister. And even then Lannister only really had Tywin, the rest of the family are disappointments, 'cept Tyrion)

The Corleone Family- Sure some are more powerful, but none are better.

Veidt Enterprises- Only makes the list because of the boss, but then it must have been pretty well developed to organize hits like it did.

The Agents- Matrix, just ignore the other two movies

The Alliance- Firefly and Serenity. They have people with blue hands and create Reavers. Sure they should be added

Hmm, just read the only 5 nominations, so the agents get the axe. The last 2 movies were too poor

Llama231
2009-05-19, 05:27 PM
Yay top ten thread where I get to vote ^.^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smal lbiggrin:

Although I suppose that I could vote in my own threads...

Well, I will nominate some less likely-to-be-nominated organizations, then.

The Vorlons and Shadows (Babylon 5)-They battled against each other while manipulating the little people to do the dirty work for them.
The Eaters (First Law Trilogy)-Powerful, nasty, and managed to avoid the Inverse Law of Ninjutsu (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu?from=Main.ConservationOfNin jitsu). (Mostly)
The Patriots (Metal Gear)-Shady organization that had the protagonist working for them most of the series.
The French (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)-The best insults ever. And they won.

I will post a 5th later.

Eldan
2009-05-19, 05:34 PM
In the vein of the Anti Spirals: The Inhibitors from Revelation Space. That's how you keep intelligent life in check.

Majestic 12 from Deus Ex. I think they are just about the definition of ruthless. Also, I'm currently playing the game.

I'll try to think of more, but at the moment, none come to mind.

Scylfing
2009-05-19, 06:59 PM
The Party (1984): Jackboots forever stomping on the face of humanity.

The Ethos (Xenogears): Like the Party, but with religion. And giant mecha.

The Bandits (Seven Samurai): I hesitated to put them on here since they're treated more as a force of nature in the film, but in a way that actually makes them more vicious.

I'll try to think of a couple more.

Athaniar
2009-05-20, 02:57 AM
Yay top ten thread where I get to vote ^.^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smal lbiggrin:

Although I suppose that I could vote in my own threads...

Well, I will nominate some less likely-to-be-nominated organizations, then.

The Vorlons and Shadows (Babylon 5)-They battled against each other while manipulating the little people to do the dirty work for them.
The Eaters (First Law Trilogy)-Powerful, nasty, and managed to avoid the Inverse Law of Ninjutsu (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu?from=Main.ConservationOfNin jitsu). (Mostly)
The Patriots (Metal Gear)-Shady organization that had the protagonist working for them most of the series.
The French (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)-The best insults ever. And they won.

I will post a 5th later.

The French are not allowed, but the Vorlons and Shadows will have to be split into two, so you still have voted for four. Tell me if you want to change your nominations.

kpenguin
2009-05-20, 03:14 AM
The Ozymandius Corporation- Only makes the list because of the boss, but then it must have been pretty well developed to organize hits like it did.

I'm pretty sure Ozy's company is called Veidt Enterprises, not the Ozymandius Corporation.

Wandiya
2009-05-20, 03:45 AM
KAOS (Get Smart)
The Auditors (Discworld)
The Unique and Supreme Lodge of the Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Night (Discworld)
The Daleks (Doctor Who)

I can't believe someone hadn't mentioned KAOS yet.:smallbiggrin::smallwink:

UnChosenOne
2009-05-20, 05:06 AM
I nominate Zerg swarm (Starcraft) and Umbrella Chemical Inc (Resident Evil).

And Wandiya: Lord Xavius did allready nominate (in 1st post of Thread) Burning legion.

UltraDude
2009-05-20, 10:37 AM
Sapientes Gladio from Shadow Hearts Covenant - Competent, but realistically so, and all sorts of evil scheming from its various members. Also employs the awesome of Lenny Curtis.

Zeon - Sieg Zeon! They started off as a legitimate revolutionary government, and most of the soldiers were everyday guys. The Zabis controlled Zeon entirely though, and they were pretty nasty aside from Garma, who was like... the most ineffectual member of the family anyways.

The Organizers from MadWorld - ...go play MadWorld. Wiping out almost an entire island of millions of people to make a sort of 'game show' that involves people brutally murdering each other in droves. Oh, and it's a recurring event that they've already done multiple times.

The Zentraedi from Macross - Giant genetically engineered super soldier aliens ripping across the galaxy to wipe out everything because that's what they do. Their ships number in the billions, though each individual fleet of around 5 million ships has a fair bit of autonomy.

The Fire Nation from Avatar - Fairly generic world conquering empire, but at least they've got competent leadership. Even if the Fire Lord and his daughter are both *******s.

Dancing_Zephyr
2009-05-20, 02:58 PM
N.W.A (Hot Fuzz)
Phyraxia sp? (Magic the Gathering)
Krikketers (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Also I disagree with the two Song of Ice and Fire nominations so far. Of Tywin, Jaime, Cercei and Tyrion Lannister there is very little threat. Tywin, the only real threat, is dead, Cercei is incompetent, Jaime is on the road to actual honor and Tyrion wasn't really ever a villain. Also I'm confused on how the House of Black and White is villainous. If you could elaborate it would be appreciated.

darkblade
2009-05-20, 03:45 PM
The Empire (Star Wars)
The Cylons (New Battlestar Gallactica)
Yotsuba Corporation (Death Note)
Pro-Reg Supers despite what Mark Millar says (Marvel Civil War)
Any particular Xenomorph Alien Hive (Alien Series)

Also in Watchmen Ozzymandias's corporation is called Veit Enterprises or the dummy company Veit used for most of his plan in the book Pyrmaid Deliveries. If it wouldn't be too much toruble to change that nomination to its proper name?

Verruckt
2009-05-20, 04:08 PM
Cerberus (Mass Effect)
more to come

Weezer
2009-05-20, 06:39 PM
U.M.C.P. (Gap Cycle)
Tessier-Ashpool (Neuromancer)
The Clave (2nd Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever)

can't think of anymore right now, might be back in a bit.

Dienekes
2009-05-20, 08:45 PM
I consider the House of Black and White villainous since they take pride in their ability to kill everyone justly or not for money, they also offer a not evil suicide service but under it all they are ruthless murderers. Sure it's not a big bad organization, but definately one I would consider villainous. As well as assuming that Pate the pig boy is one of them and he is doing something more than just observing from Oldtown. Of course this is partially based on my assumption.

Dancing_Zephyr
2009-05-20, 08:51 PM
People with an odd religion aren't villainous or necessarily evil. I should probably read the series again, but I've never gotten a MWAHAHAHA!!! vibe from them.

The Glyphstone
2009-05-20, 08:56 PM
I'll nominate Manpower Incorporated from David Weber's Honorverse - evil, slimy scum the whole lot.Or, if you've read Storm from the Shadows,

The Mesan Alignment, for which the entire company of Manpower is just a front...even eviler and slimier, if it's possible.

Hunter Noventa
2009-05-20, 08:59 PM
The Civilization Inspectors (Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2) : They want to prevent the spread of the violent 'disease' that is humanity into the universe. They do so by stealing our stuff and beating us up with giant robots.

Dienekes
2009-05-20, 09:05 PM
I never equated them to MWAHAH villains. But they are, with or without their religion, an organization of murderers

WitchSlayer
2009-05-21, 12:07 AM
Why is Veidt Enterprises on there? Even if you DO consider Ozy evil, it's hardly a "villainous organization" that's like calling Lexcorp a villainous organization just because Lex is the CEO. Veidt Enterprises makes TOYS for Dr. Manhattans sake.

chiasaur11
2009-05-21, 12:41 AM
All these posts, and nary a mention of H.A.T.E., the Beyond corporation, or S.I.L.E.N.T.?

Leaving out AIM I can see (even if evil beekeeper suits are hilarious) but the Beyond corporation and the associated groups are the only evil organization to give you Homicide Crabs (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/homicidecrabs.htm), skateboarding mindless ones, and the Dropbears.

Seriously. If Elvis MODOKs and Wolverapes don't convince you, what will?

kpenguin
2009-05-21, 01:00 AM
The Cabal (Marvel)
LexCorp (DC)
HYDRA (Marvel)

chiasaur11
2009-05-21, 01:05 AM
The Cabal (Marvel)

Those two bit backstabbing wanabees?

They couldn't be S.I.L.E.N.T. on their best day.

I ask you, have they built an Aeromarine?

No?

Then I suppose they should just be SILENT and let their betters handle evil.

Dienekes
2009-05-21, 06:45 PM
Why is Veidt Enterprises on there? Even if you DO consider Ozy evil, it's hardly a "villainous organization" that's like calling Lexcorp a villainous organization just because Lex is the CEO. Veidt Enterprises makes TOYS for Dr. Manhattans sake.

I consider it a villainous organization since through the full organization they carried out sophisticated and significant assassinations. As well as the questioning of one of the workers showed that it was rather corrupt throughout one of the subsidies. And I would consider that since the wealth of a company goes to a villain it would count, such as Lexcorp. Hell, the Corleone family which most would consider a good example made their front and part of their revenue on the completely innocent olive oil business.

Athaniar
2009-05-22, 01:38 PM
All these posts, and nary a mention of H.A.T.E., the Beyond corporation, or S.I.L.E.N.T.?

Leaving out AIM I can see (even if evil beekeeper suits are hilarious) but the Beyond corporation and the associated groups are the only evil organization to give you Homicide Crabs (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/homicidecrabs.htm), skateboarding mindless ones, and the Dropbears.

Seriously. If Elvis MODOKs and Wolverapes don't convince you, what will?

Is there a nomination in that post?

EvilDMMk3
2009-05-22, 02:37 PM
1. Everyone (Paranoia)
2. The Cybermen (Doctor Who)
3. The Bane (Sarah Jane Adventures)
4. The Psi Corps (Babylon 5)
5. Whoever they really are (The Prisoner)

chiasaur11
2009-05-22, 06:04 PM
Is there a nomination in that post?

SILENT, from Nextwave.

A terrorist organization that deals in unusual weapons of mass destruction,and is using the whole of America to test them.

Sorry if it was unclear, but,in my defense, Nextwave is quite brainrotty.

Blackjackg
2009-05-23, 10:25 AM
Some of these are debatable, but I'll toss in:

KAOS (Get Smart)
Mothers Against Canada (South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut)
The Others (Lost)

Llama231
2009-05-23, 10:29 AM
Some of these are debatable, but I'll toss in:

Mothers Against Canada (South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut)
The Nazis (Real life, but if you insist on a media source, let's say Indiana Jones)
The Others (Lost)

Important rules: Organized species are acceptable (like they often are in Sci-Fi and Fantasy), but real-life organizations are not, so no Nazis just because they were in Indiana Jones.

White text.

Blackjackg
2009-05-23, 10:30 AM
Nazis out, KAOS in. Apologies all around.

Finn Solomon
2009-05-23, 08:17 PM
I nominate;

The Vogons
(Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, the pinnacle of bureaucratic nastiness)

The Yeerk Empire
(Animorphs, evil brain-stealing freedom-destroying aliens)

The Court of the Crimson King
(Stephen King's Dark Tower, working to put an end to the multiverse and start over)

The Grail
(Preacher, an ancient organisation dedicated to protecting the bloodline of Christ and engineering a nuclear world war to make people believe in religion once more)

The Covenant
(Halo, an alien empire bent on cleansing the galaxy of life)

Llama231
2009-05-23, 09:17 PM
My 5th nomination will be The Linear Guild from OotS-thog is cool. Plus, I like evil opposites, and these guys are really humorous.

Kato
2009-05-24, 05:16 AM
Villainous organizations? Hm...

I guess NOD would be a good first choice. Though, I guess otherwise most people have been mentioned... Oh, wait, I nominate the Delmo Corps from Agent aika (a whole evil organization made up of sexy assassins, awesome). And for the LULZ, Team Rocket.

yukigono
2009-05-29, 04:36 AM
Here's mine:

Cobra (GIJoe): I can't believe no one has mentioned them yet
The Clans (Battletech)
The Word of Blake (also from Battletech)
Chronos (The Guyver)
The Dominion (Star Trek)

Edit again: Well looks like I changed my list two minutes too late, oh well, if you want to change it or not, doesn't matter.

Mr. Scaly
2009-05-29, 01:48 PM
Well, no idea who's been nominated so far but...

1) The Fiendish Five (Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus)

2) The Klaww Gang (Sly 2: Band of Thieves)

3 Dead Cell (Metal gear Solid: 2)

4) Millenium (Hellsing)

5) The Third Street Saints (Saints Row 2)

Flame of Anor
2009-05-29, 02:13 PM
The Combine (Half-Life)
Jackson's Whole (Vorkosigan saga)
The Old Ones (Cthulhu mythos)
Yuuzhan Vong (Star Wars EU)
The Laboratory (Shift games)

Athaniar
2009-05-30, 10:56 AM
Well, no idea who's been nominated so far but...

That's what the list on the first page is for. But don't worry, all your nominations were new.

Edit again: Well looks like I changed my list two minutes too late, oh well, if you want to change it or not, doesn't matter.

I added your new one, too, but people, this was a one-time exception. Five is still the limit.

Athaniar
2009-06-02, 04:56 AM
No nominations in four days, so we may as well start voting. Remember, ten votes per person.

UnChosenOne
2009-06-02, 08:13 AM
I vote for:
The Auditors (Discworld)
The Combine (Half-Life)
The Party (1984)
SPECTRE (James Bond)

Llama231
2009-06-02, 08:44 AM
Here are my votes:
The Daleks (Doctor Who)
Everyone (Paranoia)
The Party (1984)
The Shadows (Babylon 5)
The Vorlons (Babylon 5)

Oh, and I see what you did with my nominations, The French are based off of real people, so you counted the Shadows and Vorlons separately.:smallbiggrin:

Szilard
2009-06-02, 08:47 AM
No nominations in four days, so we may as well start voting. Remember, ten votes per person.

If only I had seen this thread earlier....:smallsigh:
Probably would have nominated the Death Eaters from Harry Potter just because they weren't there, but whatever. Will vote later.

chiasaur11
2009-06-02, 12:37 PM
SILENT (Nextwave) They're led by Devil Dinosaur and use the world's most insane terrorist plots while still managing a certain degree of success.

Daleks (Doctor Who) Exterminate. That is all.

Everyone (Paranoia)

The Evil League of Evil (Dr. Horrible) Bad Horse is the greatest leader of an evil organization since the aforementioned Devil Dinosaur.

The Combine (Half-Life) For the sounds the metrocops make when they die. It's beautiful.

The Alliance (Firefly)

Cobra (GI Joe) Once again, I appreciate insanity in terrorist plots, and the Commander tried to carve his face on the moon, Chairface Chippendale style.

The Covenant (Halo)

EvilDMMk3
2009-06-02, 12:44 PM
The Auditors (Discworld)
The Daleks (Doctor Who)
Everyone (Paranoia)

bladedSmoke
2009-06-02, 01:24 PM
The Alliance (Firefly)
The Auditors (Discworld)
The Fire Nation (Avatar)
The Gotei 13 (Bleach)
N.W.A (Hot Fuzz)

Dienekes
2009-06-02, 02:00 PM
Here's my list. The first 2 are in order, the rest I just tacked on.

1) The Corleone Family (Godfather) Greatest mob family of all literature and cinema
2) The Party (1984) Big Brother is watching
3) Zerg Swarm (Starcraft) ehh, not really an organization. But if The Horde gets a vote above me, the much more evil race of the Zerg deserve a spot.
4) The Sith Order (Star Wars) The new trilogy never happened. The new trilogy never happened. The new trilogy never happened.
5) KAOS (Get Smart) A parody so evil it's even better than the group it was based after
6) The Alliance (Firefly) What can I say, I'm a Firefly fan
7) The Borg Collective (Star Trek) the weakest on my list... they looked cool
8) The Daleks (Doctor Who) EXTERMINATE!
9) SPECTRE (James Bond) They served as a base for KAOS
10) The Evil League of Evil (Dr. Horrible) Bad Horse, Bad Horse, Bad Horse. He's bad!

notable exclusions. Lexcorp, Veidt Enterprises, Vogons (well they're not evil, but bad-tempered, bureaucratic, officious and callous), House of Black and White, N.W.A., and The Eaters

The Tygre
2009-06-02, 03:50 PM
The Bandits
Cobra
The Cylons
The Daleks
The Guild of Calamitous Intent
The Old Ones
The Others
The Sith
The Xenomorph Hive
The Yuuzhan Vong

Athaniar
2009-06-03, 08:45 AM
Own votes, just so you know:

The Burning Legion (Warcraft).
The Daleks (Doctor Who)
The Dominion (Star Trek)
The Shadows (Babylon 5)

Also, votes counted. The Daleks reign supreme, with the Borg in second.

Mr. Scaly
2009-06-03, 09:50 AM
Votes...alrighty then.

The Fiendish Five. (Fiendish indeed.)

The Klaww gang. (The epitome of 'keep your enemies closer.'))

Phyrexia. (A cybernetic version of hell and the closest thing to a god in that universe.)

Millennium. (Nazi vampires. Enough said.)

The Fire nation. (Convinced THEY'RE the good guys!)

The Yeerk Empire. (I grew up reading about these guys.)

Team Rocket. (Sympathy vote!)

Blackjackg
2009-06-03, 12:01 PM
Votes:

Everyone (Paranoia).
The Others (Lost)
The Party (1984)

Linkavitch
2009-06-03, 02:35 PM
My votes go to:

The Linear Guild (OotS)

SPECTRE (James Bond)

EDIT: Forgot to mention: the Sith Order (Star Wars)

EDIT X2: Also, the Shivans (Descent: Freespace)

Scylfing
2009-06-03, 06:27 PM
The Auditors (Discworld)

Cobra (G.I. Joe)

The Ethos (Xenogears)

The Party (1984)

Draxonicar
2009-06-04, 02:52 PM
:smallamused:OBVIOUSLY either the Enclave from the Fallout series, or CHAOS (warhammer, elric etc)

Athaniar
2009-06-05, 04:49 AM
:smallamused:OBVIOUSLY either the Enclave from the Fallout series, or CHAOS (warhammer, elric etc)

Eh?
No, seriously, what do you mean?

Athaniar
2009-06-10, 02:05 PM
There seems to be a lack of interest in this competition. If this thread goes three more days without any more votes, the competition will end, or rather, go to tie-break votes.

Flame of Anor
2009-06-12, 12:17 PM
The Daleks
The Galactic Empire
The Party
SPECTRE
The Alliance
The Evil League of Evil
The Cybermen
The Combine
The Sith Order
Jackson's Whole

Note: I would vote for the Old Ones, but I think they're kind of boring. The Haunter of the Dark...the Color out of Space...those were scary.

Athaniar
2009-06-15, 02:19 AM
I think it might be time to end this and go to tiebreak votes. Vote for your favorites for Second and Fith place, respectively. I'll start:

The Borg Collective
The Galactic Empire

shadowxknight
2009-06-15, 02:44 AM
The Burning Legion
The Galactic Empire
The Sith Order

Three Prime Evil(Diablo, Mesphito, Bhaal) from Diablo series

Blackjackg
2009-06-15, 06:53 AM
The Party
The Galactic Empire

EvilDMMk3
2009-06-15, 10:41 AM
The Party (1984)
Everyone (Paranoia)

Flame of Anor
2009-06-15, 01:33 PM
The Party
The Galactic Empire

Athaniar
2009-06-21, 03:34 PM
Come on, we need more votes in order to be able to determine the whole Top 10!