PDA

View Full Version : Simple System L.I.Y.M.A.P.U.I.

DMgrinder
2006-08-01, 01:37 AM
Look Into Your Mind And Present Useful Information

I want a sinmple, relatively realistic (moreso than DnD) based off the d20 system that I can use to run some alt campaigns. It would be sorta "Song of Ice and Fire" realistic. There will be some monters and magic, but in general I want a semi-realistic world.

Here's a list of some things that I want. It's kinda convoluted.
-It will be fantasy of a yet undetermined era
-Low to no magic items, but some wizards
-Deadly combat
-AC is how much damage is reduced, Defense is how hard you are to hit.
-Dexterity is fine moter skills like aim, while dexterity is the bouncy acrobatic stuff.
-Speed will be a stat or skill (able to improve)
-Few races. So far: Dwarves, Humans, Fiend touched, Goblins

Here are some stats as I have them.
-Strength
-Agility
-Dexterity
-Toughness
-Speed
-Inteligence
-Wits

I will repost some classes or something else later. Any help on skills, feats, combat, magic, or really whatever will be helpful.

NOTE: I'm not looking for a new system, I just want to change the d20 a wee bit and add some new stuff.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-08-01, 12:07 PM
If you want deadly combat, I'd suggest that you don't improve HP with levels, or only improve it a tiny amount.
Another way might be to have Wounds (based on Con [or your Toughness] stat) and Vitality (based on level) - and criticals apply directly to Wounds.
You could have hit locations rolled randomly, which apply different Stat damage - head = Int and Wits, torso = toughness, legs = speed and agility...

Dan_Hemmens
2006-08-01, 12:31 PM
How about A Game of Thrones D20. It's D20, but deadlier, and specifically deigned for A Song of Ice and Fire style games.

DMgrinder
2006-08-01, 01:04 PM
If you want deadly combat, I'd suggest that you don't improve HP with levels, or only improve it a tiny amount. I'm thinking of improvong it only about 6 pts a level for a hulk, and maybe only 1 for a mage.
Another way might be to have Wounds (based on Con [or your Toughness] stat) and Vitality (based on level) - and criticals apply directly to Wounds. I never was a fan of this.
You could have hit locations rolled randomly, which apply different Stat damage - head = Int and Wits, torso = toughness, legs = speed and agility... That, I like and will make a table for it.

Thanks for the help, As I said I will post more later.

Tarnag40k
2006-08-02, 08:54 AM
they explain ways to go about this in the DM's guidebook in v3.5 i believe it should be underworld building, also they should have variotions for that under the modern D20 system, check those two and see about running a hybrid conversion