PDA

View Full Version : Does Wanda still need Stanley?

Sieggy
2009-05-23, 08:10 AM
My question is this . . . since Wanda has achieved her goal of gaining an Arkentool, what does she need Stanley for? He's an idiot, she knows it, so what's to prevent her from pre-emptively croaking Stanley and then Decrypting him? Would his attunement to the Hammer continue, and how would that affect his control over Parson (and the Dwagons)? Would Parson's loyalty/duty vanish on Stanley's death? (assuming Wanda could croak Stanley before anyone could interfere, of course, which may be a pretty iffy thing . . .) Would that be transferred to Wanda? Or would he become a free agent?

I doubt that Parson has anything to fear from Wanda - it's pretty obvious she see him as Someone With A Destiny, for whom Fate has serious plans. As such, she'll join him, not control him. She just has to convince him of the direction his path must take. (I strongly suspect the Predictomancer told her a LOT more than she let on to Parson).

If Wanda sees herself as a 'Tool of Fate', I can also see her regarding Stanley as being more useful AS a tool . . . hers. A Stanley NOT under her control would be an annoying liability (re: losing eleven cities in a row). A Decrypted Stanley would be a useful asset, and would let her indulge in a bit of satisfying payback . . .

If Stanley is croaked, none of the old RCC would have any reason to continue the campaign to 'kill the regicide upstart'. Wanda would then have a matched pair of Decrypted Royalty-class Warlords and an unbelievably innovative General, casters with whom she has developed a bond, a hugundo treasury, the makings of an awesome air force, and no major enemies who want to do her in for anything other than the usual reasons (greed).

If Wanda has any ambitions, Fate or otherwise, this is her big opportunity . . .

Oh, and I have really got to wonder if she could Decrypt Dwagons . . . Those things have to be expensive to upkeep, and a fleet of uncroaked Dwagons would be just as intimidating as all hell.

T-O-E
2009-05-23, 08:31 AM
I don't think she can take over. Unless Stanley made her an heir designate, she still needs him.

Also, I got the feeling that the dwagons were free.

HandofShadows
2009-05-23, 08:40 AM
It's not is Wanda still needs Stanley or not. It's if Fate (magic) tells Wanda she no longer needs Stanley or not. Huge difference.

Sieggy
2009-05-23, 02:23 PM
I don't think she can take over. Unless Stanley made her an heir designate, she still needs him.

Also, I got the feeling that the dwagons were free.

For what? Right now, Stanley is King of the Crater . . . His kingdom consists of 4 casters, a few golems, a handful of Dwagons, an uncroaked Warlord & army (whose loyalty is to Wanda, not Stanley - look at their livery), and Parson.

Now, he DOES have some awesome potential at this point, but that's all it is - potential. And given his bug-outtery, the GK survivors probably have some pretty serious negative modifiers to their loyalty scores right now.

Since nobody is engaged in any action (in the game sense), if Stanley were to bite the cosmic schnitzel at this point, we don't know what the process for re-establishing a side might be. Though I'd bet a lot of schmuckers that Wanda knows . . .

And it's Butterflies that are free, which is why they have such ****ty damage rolls . . .

raphfrk
2009-05-23, 03:12 PM
It's not is Wanda still needs Stanley or not. It's if Fate (magic) tells Wanda she no longer needs Stanley or not. Huge difference.

So, Parson could protect Stanley with "You will have to kill me to get to Stanley, and we both know that I have a fate. So defy Fate, I dare you.".

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-05-23, 03:40 PM
The way I understand it, she's essentially a caster version of the "tamed" barbarian. If she offs Stan, she can take control of the city, its resources, and start a new side by virtue of being a "named" character.

Gez
2009-05-23, 04:13 PM
army (whose loyalty is to Wanda, not Stanley - look at their livery)

Meaningless for all we know. The previous batch of uncroaked had Hamster livery, and it didn't mean they wouldn't have obeyed Stanley's orders.