PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Giant!

Ragn Charran
2009-05-23, 10:23 PM
With Erfworld drawing to a close, and therefore its time on GiantITP.com comes to a close, I want to thank Rich for giving Erfworld the chance and exposure to make us fall in love with it. I came here for OoTS, and will still come here for it, but I'm now a proud fan of Rob and Jamie's masterpiece.

So.

Thank you, Giant. Here's hoping you continue to expose us to other great new works.

Axl_Rose
2009-05-23, 11:05 PM
Truesay. I thought it was a pretty good idea. When we czeched back on the site for an OOTS update, sometimes we wouldn't get it, but we'd get Erfworld, which was nice.

Conversely, it gave us exposure to Erfworld. When I first read it, I didn't like it. But because I checked GiantITP.com so very often, I would continually czech up on it, and I had consequently grown to like it. If it weren't for its being hosted on GiantITP.com, Erfworld would not have captured my interest.

And if it were not for Erfworld, I probably would not be czeching GiantITP.com so very, very often haha.

It was truly a symbiotic relationship, and it is somewhat sad to see it go.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-05-24, 01:59 AM
Thank you Rich. Erfworld was/is awesome. Thank you Rich. OotS was/is awesome.

Elder Tsofu
2009-05-24, 02:53 AM
Too bad you can't stick together anymore, but everything grows and have to move on. I'll have a bookmark of your site next to the footmark. :smallsmile:

Lolindir
2009-05-24, 05:13 AM
It was a pleasure to read the series,
totally worth the sometimes slow but forever epic updates.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank thee

Killer Angel
2009-05-24, 10:53 AM
I came here for OoTS, and will still come here for it, but I'm now a proud fan of Rob and Jamie's masterpiece.

Same for me.
Sometimes, i followed with more impatience and interest Erfworld than OotS, sometimes OotS more than Erf.
2 great comics.
Thanks to Rich, Rob and Jamie for all their works.

HandofShadows
2009-05-24, 12:55 PM
Thank you, Giant. Here's hoping you continue to expose us to other great new works.

I agree 110% Thank You Giant.

thevorpalbunny
2009-05-24, 01:05 PM
+1

Also, thank you, Giant, for the entire premise of the 'opening act' on this site. I hope you can find a worthy successor to Erfworld to fill the second billing spot. I think this is a great thing you have here.

Rad
2009-05-25, 08:16 AM
+1!

As many said it is hard to get involved in a story comic. Erfworld started out with 6 comics but we didn't really understand what it was about until much, much later. There is no doubt that more story oriented webcomics can profit greatly from such an opportunity.
I really hope the Giant will find a replacement soon. I completely trust his taste in finding another pearl and give it a great opportunity to take off!