PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel completely amazing?

Anuan
2009-05-24, 01:38 AM
Right now, I've just gotten out of the shower. I've used a facial cleanser, shaved three times (Down, Up, Down again. Maximum smoothness!) brushed my teeth with normal whitening toothpaste and then with Intensive Care toothpaste. I've used a neutral deoderant and then put on some cologne. My hair's still wet, which causes it into locks of pure awesome. Whilst doing all this, I noticed myself in the mirror.

Now, I'm not an arrogant person about my appearance. I look half decent, about average. This evening, though, I felt attractive. I've got nice enough hair, my goatee is awesome, my shoulders/back are/is broad and I'm fairly tall. I could stand to lose a little weight, but I've known that for a long time and I'm getting some weights and a pushup bar soon, so I'll be trim and my biceps will be big again soon.

Going to go brush my hair now.
I feel fantastic :smallbiggrin: anyone else just sort of do a little extra and feel terrific?

Ichneumon
2009-05-24, 01:42 AM
Q: Ever feel completely amazing?
A: Constantly...

Jokes aside, yes, there are some moments I feel more amazing.

FatJose
2009-05-24, 01:49 AM
From time to time, yes. Especially when booze is involved.

Trizap
2009-05-24, 01:50 AM
you mean every day?

Trog
2009-05-24, 02:14 AM
I feel fantastic :smallbiggrin: anyone else just sort of do a little extra and feel terrific?
Yup. Nothing like spending some time spiffing up to boost one's self confidence. It is a good feeling. :smallsmile:

Anuan
2009-05-24, 03:15 AM
Damn right, Trog :smallbiggrin: anybody got anything specific they do to make themselves feel damn awesome?

Thanatos 51-50
2009-05-24, 03:17 AM
I have a few friends who mercilessly assauly my ego and try to raise it from the murky depths in which it sleeps.

Occasionally, it works, and unlike Great Cthulu, it doesn't drive anyone mad.
I think it's great.

golentan
2009-05-24, 03:21 AM
Damn right, Trog :smallbiggrin: anybody got anything specific they do to make themselves feel damn awesome?

Yep. March 50 miles through the woods in a single day. No trail, no goal. Just me, trail rations, water, and a walking stick. Sometimes clothes. Then get back and take a nice, hot bath. Soap three times, shampoo twice, and have your change of clothes just getting out of the dryer and clean sheets on the bed when you climb in.

Anuan
2009-05-24, 04:04 AM
Oh god golentan that makes me feel awesome just reading it

Ninja Chocobo
2009-05-24, 05:01 AM
No.
Filler.

H. Zee
2009-05-24, 05:08 AM
Looking back on the last year makes me feel completely amazing. I've lost 3 and a half stone, shaped up, gotten a great girlfriend, written a novel, learned to play guitar, and made some awesome new friends.

The person I was one year ago was completely different, and probably wouldn't believe you if you told him how much his pretty miserable life was going to improve.

dish
2009-05-24, 05:15 AM
No.
Filler.

NC, you really have to do something about that self-loathing problem of yours. (Well, you don't have to, but loads of people on here actually like you, so...)

In answer to the OP, I'm female, so maybe it's a bit more culturally-accepted for us to spruce ourselves up. Today I Today I had a mani/pedi including a hot wax treatment on my hands. Looking down and seeing nice, neat, shiney nails is always a gentle confidence booster.

(I chose a more elegant French manicure today; rather than my normal hot pink.)

knighttp01
2009-05-24, 05:26 AM
When I finish performing I feel amazing, I'm an Improv comedian and coming off stage after a show is a massive high.:smallcool:

Anuan
2009-05-24, 05:39 AM
You are my new hero :o

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-24, 05:39 AM
But....but........but.........

:smallfrown:
:smalltongue:

Anuan
2009-05-24, 05:46 AM
DD I've already pledged my service to you as a personal serf, so allow me to have a new hero :smalltongue:

Boo
2009-05-24, 05:56 AM
When I finish performing I feel amazing, I'm an Improv comedian and coming off stage after a show is a massive high.:smallcool:Especially if they give you a standing ovation. *hasn't had that experience.*

But... I've never felt completely amazing. In fact, this sums up everything I have to say:
No.
Filler.

randman22222
2009-05-24, 06:23 AM
All the time.

... :smallbiggrin:

Half of the time. :smallconfused:

Ninja Chocobo
2009-05-24, 06:41 AM
NC, you really have to do something about that self-loathing problem of yours. (Well, you don't have to, but loads of people on here actually like you, so...)

Good heavens, you're right! I got so caught-up in it that I forgot about when I finished High School finally and didn't have to put up with all the expletive any more! I felt like an analogy containing a lot of hyperbole.

In the future I shall consider things more thoroughly before letting my self-loathing respond on my behalf!

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-24, 07:37 AM
I like dressing up sometimes and looking nice, but trying to wear a dress usually just makes me sad about how much weight I've gained. I need to buy a new dress.

knighttp01
2009-05-24, 08:54 AM
You are my new hero :o

Wow a follower already and I've only been here a couple of days.

Guess im just that awesome and apparentally developing arrogance!

But since im here I'm going to plug: If anyone is in Edinburgh Fringe this year come see our show called VaryTales! (http://shellshock-comedy.webs.com) in the Vault theatre

Also I feel amazing when i climb a cliff/hill in the countryside, gives a sense of achievment

Recaiden
2009-05-24, 09:07 AM
A lot of the time, although not so much recently. :smallfrown:

GrandMasterMe
2009-05-24, 09:16 AM
Yes, but I woke up in mexico with a strange woman, a ring on my finger, and no memory of the night before :/

Felixaar
2009-05-24, 09:20 AM
You mean that way I feel every day?

Yeah, I got that :smallamused:

Mr. Mud
2009-05-24, 09:46 AM
Yeah, usually when I'm listening to various songs... But other than that, when I just get feelings of how purely awesomeI am, I stare myself in the mirror, nod lightly and murmur "I know."

Not getting one of those right this second, because I've been sick for a week, my my abs aren't perfectly sculpted as before, and my office is infested with ants... :smalleek::smalltongue:.

Trizap
2009-05-24, 09:50 AM
You mean that way I feel every day?

Yeah, I got that :smallamused:

hey don't copy my response.

but don't stop feeling amazing because of it! :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-24, 09:53 AM
Also Felix, I own your soul and any other souls you may come in possesion of now.

How and why? Ask Anuan.

Now lets extract this soul out of you....

Stormthorn
2009-05-24, 09:57 AM
I do not feel amazing. On are occasion i will feel awesome as related to video gaming, but not amazing.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-24, 10:20 AM
How can you feel awesome with after shaving? I shaved my entire beard off a week ago and I felt horrible. What was I thinking? My beard was like half the length of Alan Moore's! I look like a daft bastard ye fool!

As for the awesome feeling, anytime I'm wearing/making chainmail.

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-24, 10:26 AM
I hate you all.

*shoots everyone*

Do not presume to feel amazing until your superiors (i.e. me) feel amazing.

Recaiden
2009-05-24, 10:41 AM
But you are completely amazing. Feel like it!:smallannoyed:

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-24, 10:42 AM
First I need to get laid. Or get a girlfriend if that is not an option.

Then I can feel amazing.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-24, 10:47 AM

Then I can feel amazing.

By any chance is your real name Beavis or Butthead (or Rex or Weevil).

arguskos
2009-05-24, 10:53 AM
Do I feel amazing? No.

Have I felt amazing? Uh... not in recent memory, no.

Have I EVER felt amazing? ................................*crickets* Man, that's ****ing depressing

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-24, 11:02 AM
By any chance is your real name Beavis or Butthead (or Rex or Weevil).

No, not really.

Wait, let me at least think a minute...

*thinks*

No, not really.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-24, 11:04 AM
Hmmm.

Do I feel completely amazing? Nay.
Do I feel amazing? Nope.
Have I felt amazing recently? Nada.
Have I ever felt amazing ever? Err...no.

dish
2009-05-24, 11:05 AM

Then I can feel amazing.

Advice: log off. Turn the computer off. Go out and talk to girls.

(Bonus advice: Starting the conversation with, "Hi, I need you to sleep with me so I can feel amazing," is probably not a good idea.)

arguskos
2009-05-24, 11:15 AM
Advice: log off. Turn the computer off. Go out and talk to girls.

(Bonus advice: Starting the conversation with, "Hi, I need you to sleep with me so I can feel amazing," is probably not a good idea.)
Heh, I know some people that line might actually get you in the door with. :smallamused:

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-24, 11:17 AM
Heh, I know some people that line might actually get you in the door with. :smallamused:

You should totally introduce me to them... for a Klondike bar.

arguskos
2009-05-24, 11:20 AM
You should totally introduce me to them... for a Klondike bar.
Need to come visit first. :smalltongue: I take Klondike bars up front.

SurlySeraph
2009-05-24, 11:59 AM
I feel fantastic!
And I've never felt as good as how I do right now
Except for maybe when I think of how I felt that day
When I felt the way that I do right now. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidiWe9yq88)

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-24, 12:01 PM
See, Jonathan Coulton is amazing.

In fact, I think I'll go listen to Betty and Me.

Collin152
2009-05-24, 02:33 PM
I feel fantastic!
And I've never felt as good as how I do right now
Except for maybe when I think of how I felt that day
When I felt the way that I do right now. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidiWe9yq88)

Damn you, I came in here just to do that exact same thing.
That makes me angry!

Quincunx
2009-05-24, 03:14 PM
Yes, I also stepped out of the shower today, looked in the scrap of mirror stuck slantwise above the sink, and thought I looked amazing. Then I remembered that I look at my best when wan and wide-eyed from illness, and realized I was fated to have a shower-induced headache soon. Amazing feeling evaporated.

Amazing feelings bounce off of some degree of mirror, always, like reflected light: re-reading something I had written, remembering a happy time via chat transcript or photo, fixing something which had been broken, creating something to a high standard. The solitary feelings of self-satisfaction shade more towards awe and being awesome.

Collin152
2009-05-24, 03:19 PM
Mirrors break my amazing feelings when they're clear. I see the imperfections too clearly. But when I have a small, slightly blury mirror?
Damn, but I enjoy looking in it.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-24, 05:14 PM
Hanging out with my 9 year old immature cousin now. Not feeling so awesome.

Castaras
2009-05-24, 05:15 PM
sometimes. Mostly after I've had chocolate.

Currently? Not so much.

Rutskarn
2009-05-24, 05:18 PM
Pretty damn frequently.

Pyrian
2009-05-24, 05:31 PM
sometimes. Mostly after I've had chocolate.

Currently? Not so much.I know! Have some chocolate. :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2009-05-24, 05:37 PM

He's nine, give him a break, he should feel amazing to, he's a kid.

Aystra
2009-05-24, 06:17 PM
Depends on the people I'm with that day.

Generic Archer
2009-05-24, 06:47 PM
Yep. March 50 miles through the woods in a single day. No trail, no goal. Just me, trail rations, water, and a walking stick. Sometimes clothes. Then get back and take a nice, hot bath. Soap three times, shampoo twice, and have your change of clothes just getting out of the dryer and clean sheets on the bed when you climb in.

Not quite that crazy, or perhaps moreso depending on your point of view. Climbing. There is truly no more awesome feeling than topping out a climb at your limit 50m off the ground, or succeding on a hard move where failure will mean a five meter fall stoped by only 30g of aluminium and a 9mm rope

... Truly awesome, and yes I felt both of those yesterday

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 06:51 PM

Then I can feel amazing.

Seconded. Nothing beats that freshly-came glow!

Anuan
2009-05-24, 07:16 PM
I hate you all.

*shoots everyone*

Do not presume to feel amazing until your superiors (i.e. me) feel amazing.

Oh, don't be such a tosser :smalltongue: Besides, one should know that my feelings of awesomeness partially stem from being totally bulletproof! :smallbiggrin:

Berserk Monk; enjoy the time with your cousin. He'll grow up eventually and you'll be too old to chill. Also, I feel awesome after shaving because I keep my goatee but make everything else smooooooooth. I love my goatee :3

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 07:26 PM

Solution: act like a child. That's how I deal with my little sister: run around, jump about, mess around, generally act like I'm not really nineteen years old. It always puts me in a good mood.

Or get a girlfriend if that is not an option.

Hookers! Hurrah!

Mewdo
2009-05-24, 07:35 PM
Yes, whenever I can step outside, look at the sky, and think, "That's just beautiful." It's even better if I find it so amazing that I believe it just has to be said out loud, no matter how crazy it looks to talk to oneself. But what makes it a really great day is if I can feel the same magnificence and beauty blessing my eyes from all the other directions.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-05-24, 07:58 PM
I do whenever my very presence makes reality warp in a way that shatters the minds of those around me and makes them worship me like a dark, otherworldy god until their dying day and gather cultists into my favor. i.e. Always.

Jacklu
2009-05-24, 09:01 PM
Have I ever felt completely amazing? ... No. Not ever, actually. Can't even say that I have ever felt even a tiny bit amazing. The few times that I have ever succeeded at anything, I felt as if I had somehow slipped below the radar and BSed my way into getting what I had. And I have been learning of late that when good things happen, they are almost immediately followed by the universe snapping its head in my direction and saying: "What the hell do you think you are doing!? D=<" ... Wait... this isn't the depression thread... <.< >.> I have never felt amazing before. I met amazing, but never got close enough to touch it.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 09:07 PM
Need to get you a good woman Jacklu. Or a good man. Or both, or two of either... whatever you're into!

skywalker
2009-05-25, 01:39 AM

Then I can feel amazing.

I can attest that either of these things will make you feel amazing.

However, needing them to feel amazing can in fact drop your chances of getting either significantly.

I feel amazing on a pretty regular basis.

Most recently, when I finally finished my last final, I walked out of the building, pounded my chest like a gorilla, bellowed my joy, and spent the next two days feeling absolutely kick-ass.

"It's amazin', we're the reason, everybody's fired up this evenin'..."

randman22222
2009-05-25, 02:48 AM
Yes, I also stepped out of the shower today, looked in the scrap of mirror stuck slantwise above the sink, and thought I looked amazing. Then I remembered that I look at my best when wan and wide-eyed from illness, and realized I was fated to have a shower-induced headache soon. Amazing feeling evaporated.

Amazing feelings bounce off of some degree of mirror, always, like reflected light: re-reading something I had written, remembering a happy time via chat transcript or photo, fixing something which had been broken, creating something to a high standard. The solitary feelings of self-satisfaction shade more towards awe and being awesome.

Hmm. I don't ever get elated feelings of pride or such from looking back at something; they only ever come in the moment. I can't look back without seeing what should have been, or look forward without seeing what should be. In the present, I see fairly well what is, but can't see so well what should be.

Anuan
2009-05-25, 08:07 AM
I just got interviewed for a friend's Verbatim drama-assignment and she's all 'wow dude that's awesome this is going to be great.'
I feel windswept, interesting, and pretty damn amazing :smallcool:

evisiron
2009-05-25, 11:50 AM
It's always little things that do this for me, especially in stuff I suck at.

For example, I tried driving a route I didn't know on a hunch, and it worked as a splendid shortcut. I shouted 'Huzzah' and told my girlfriend to call me the God-King Of Navigation!
...She said no, but we settled on Duke Of Navigation. :smallbiggrin:

Xanedan
2009-05-25, 06:01 PM
OPFOR (Opposing Forces) somewhere about 30 miles off Nellis Air Force Base in the Nevada desert. Me and some coworkers are pulling up to this darkened shack blaring "For Whom the Bell Tolls", I'm sporting a headband, BDU pants and a Bob Dylan T-Shirt, a Lucky Strike hanging from my lips.

We disembark to an awesome Metallica guitar solo and are greeted by a portly man in stained combat dress. He throws us each a vest and directs us to a truck that's loaded with lazer sighted M-4 Carbines, MRE's and enough blank 5.56 rounds to stage a mock war. A friend lifts down two of the ammo cans and a pack of MRE's then grabs the keys to a modified desert mule.

For the next 12 hours we stalk the desert landscape, hiding our vehicle behind rocks and staging elaborate ambushes. Trucks blow past us and we open fire, flares illuminate the night sky like so many suns. Gunfire and vest alarms blare and people shout.

As the sun rises our mock terrorist army converges and one last ambush is set. A convoy, 3 heavy transport vehicles and 2 humvees with mounted guns, approach our position and disembark.

We make them pay for exposing themselves, within seconds the Security Forces squad is nearly wiped out. Only three remain taking cover behind the vehicles. I sprint as fast as my smoke ravaged lungs will allow towards the vehicles, flanking our opponents and shouting "SAFETY KILL!" at the top of my lungs, the safe word that denotes a kill from a distance that blanks become dangerous.

Then my vest alarms. "Ah crap", dead for the first time. I lay on the ground as the event moderator drills into the troop who lit my vest up, exclaiming that he was already dead from my safety kill. I live again.

Driving back from that, another lucky strike firmly clenched between my lips, I felt more than awesome. I felt invincible.