PDA

View Full Version : Nudity in the Playground

Totally Guy
2009-05-24, 04:04 AM
In July I am planning to attend a naturist evening at big corn maze. To see what naturism like. Unfortunately it conflicts with my gaming group's timetable. So last night I decided to tell them that I would be absent that week and why.:smallredface:

Then a very funny thing happened...

The group decided that we could all go and make an evening of it. This was very much unexpected. We are a mixed group of genders with even a transgendered member.

They didn't seem to share the same level of secrecy that I tend to use. Eg. My work mates wouldn't be told, they don't even get to know about D&D.

So now there's a Facebook event and my friends are rallying every contact they've got. It's amazing how they can have such a different attitude to me.

Now I've gone from an event as a stranger that I can chicken out from if I want, to an event with buddies that I'm pretty much locked into...:smalleek:

Can anyone say it'll all be ok? Anyone done anything similar?

And by logical extension of the story... any one near York, England, we could have it as the next GITP meetup :smalltongue:!

averagejoe
2009-05-24, 05:23 AM
It will be okay. A little nudity has never hurt anybody.

Granted, I've never actually done anything like this, but I do plenty of embarrassing stuff, and none of it actually ends the world. (Except that once, and it got better.) I do question the wisdom of such practices in England, but I suppose summertime would be okay. :smallwink: I do see how it's worse to have friends along, though, and I can quite sympathize.

So, um, yeah, best wishes. You'll pull through. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Lorn
2009-05-24, 05:29 AM
And by logical extension of the story... any one near York, England, we could have it as the next GITP meetup :smalltongue:!
Yo :p Though, I'm stupidly busy right now and it really isn't my thing...

Still. You'll be fine. I'm guessing it takes place in private as opposed to nudity etc out on the street.

Plus, if you're in York... you may be familiar with the Vikings coming every now and then. Hardly the same, but sort of similar - weird clothes (or lack of in this case) and possibly "different" stuff being done. With the exception that when I'm down there being a Viking, we're out in public.

Anuan
2009-05-24, 05:40 AM
Sorry, but seeing 'Nudity in the Playground' and then 'averagejoe' as the latest response made me lol heartily, even if Lorn had responded before I could come here and say so.

Totally Guy
2009-05-24, 06:00 AM
and none of it actually ends the world.

There was an... event... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3959242&postcount=44) just over a year ago. And my response at the time was one of surprise because "The sky didn't fall".

thubby
2009-05-24, 06:04 AM
the end is nigh
the omega approaches.
your dark deeds are the final sign of the end days

...no?

well, have fun :smalltongue:

xPANCAKEx
2009-05-24, 06:13 AM
Excellent work glug - i think in many ways this unitentionally works to your advantage

it goes from being something secretive and potentially shameful, to what it SHOULD be - a bunch of people, having fun, just san's clothes

by turning it into a massive joke it does infact help you in many ways

Totally Guy
2009-05-24, 06:28 AM
Excellent work glug - i think in many ways this unitentionally works to your advantage

it goes from being something secretive and potentially shameful, to what it SHOULD be - a bunch of people, having fun, just san's clothes

by turning it into a massive joke it does infact help you in many ways

You know you're right! Whoa! How'd you get to be so smart?

I'm feeling much more positive now!:smallwink:

averagejoe
2009-05-24, 07:05 AM
Sorry, but seeing 'Nudity in the Playground' and then 'averagejoe' as the latest response made me lol heartily, even if Lorn had responded before I could come here and say so.

:smallconfused: I'm afraid I'm missing the joke.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 11:41 AM
You know you're right! Whoa! How'd you get to be so smart?

I'm feeling much more positive now!:smallwink:

Nudity is only great when the weather is nice, or you're in a place with controlled temperatures.

:smalltongue:

However, all spas should be nude-only by law.

OverdrivePrime
2009-05-24, 12:38 PM
Sounds like it'll be awesome. Here in the States everyone is ludicrously Puritanical about nudity, but I'd totally be all about such an event (provided it's in Summer because... Milwaukee). Having a bunch of folks you know there does change things a bit, but after the initial shock and awe phase (5-10 minutes) I think you'll be having a rip-roaring time.

Rock out with your um... socks off. :smallwink:

TheCountAlucard
2009-05-24, 12:43 PM
However, all spas should be nude-only by law.You mean they're not?

Perhaps that's why everyone's looking at me funny... :smallconfused:

(puts on a towel)

:smalltongue:

Totally Guy
2009-05-24, 02:16 PM
Nudity is only great when the weather is nice, or you're in a place with controlled temperatures.

It's in a corn field outside the city. They carve a maze out of it each year. And for one night a year it's no clothes night.

It might get cold as it's in the evening... But I dare say that if it is cold we can warm up by tackling the maze fast rather than walking it. A power walk would probably do the trick... although it might be uncomfortable for a couple of the girls to go fast without sports bras.

Castaras
2009-05-24, 02:18 PM
although it might be uncomfortable for a couple of the girls to go fast without sports bras.

Well there you are, there's your advantage. You've got lots of naked girls wandering around as well. :smalltongue: :smallamused:

Ichneumon
2009-05-24, 02:21 PM
Well there you are, there's your advantage. You've got lots of naked girls wandering around as well. :smalltongue: :smallamused:

Wouldn't it be very embarissing if can't stop looking at it and... you know... get an erection? Because it does happen and boys can't really control it that great when they get impulses like that.

Collin152
2009-05-24, 02:25 PM
Wouldn't it be very embarissing if can't stop looking at it and... you know... get an erection? Because it does happen and boys can't really control it that great when they get impulses like that.

That's a lie and every man knows it. It's not that hard to control! It's not pleasent, certainly, but neither is it impossible. People just spread that myth so that they don't have to. It's lazyness at its wors

Keld Denar
2009-05-24, 02:28 PM
I was an exchange student quite a few years ago. One of the places my host parents took me was a public indoor swimming pool + sauna. The whole sauna section has a no-clothing policy. Let me tell you, it was a bit uncomfortable at first, especially when my host parents came in (naked) and told me I had to take my suit off. But let me tell you, you do get used to it. About 20 minutes into it, and you should feel pretty comfortable.

My advice, take it like jumping off a cliff into a river. Steel yourself up, throw yourself out there, and once you are freefalling, you can't really change your mind.

Then again, at least I had the advantage of a cold pool in case my body started getting...unruley.

Xefas
2009-05-24, 02:43 PM
That's a lie and every man knows it. It's not that hard to control! It's not pleasent, certainly, but neither is it impossible. People just spread that myth so that they don't have to. It's lazyness at its wors

Lies and slander! I just turned 19, and it feels like I've spent more time in recent years with an unwanted erection than not. If there's some secret way to stop the need for strategically placed textbooks throughout 80% of my school day, it would be really awesome to know.

Ichneumon
2009-05-24, 02:47 PM
Lies and slander! I just turned 19, and it feels like I've spent more time in recent years with an unwanted erection than not. If there's some secret way to stop the need for strategically placed textbooks throughout 80% of my school day, it would be really awesome to know.

The problem will be that he has nowhere to hide when he is nude. I think the girls are lucky with running without a brah being their only problem. :smallamused:

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 02:50 PM
The problem will be that he has nowhere to hide when he is nude. I think the girls are lucky with running without a brah being their only problem. :smallamused:

You'd be suprised how hard it is to get an erection when you're naked, surrounded by people in a non-sexual scenario. And when it's cold. First time I 'did it' with spectators I had to concentrate, and that was a sexual situation. I've never got one in a nude spa or anywhere like that. It just doesn't happen.

Trog
2009-05-24, 02:53 PM

Uh... corn maze? Plenty of places to hide I'd imagine. :smalltongue::smallwink:

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 02:57 PM
When is the event, by the way? It might be amusing.

Ichneumon
2009-05-24, 02:59 PM
You'd be suprised how hard it is to get an erection when you're naked, surrounded by people in a non-sexual scenario. And when it's cold. First time I 'did it' with spectators I had to concentrate, and that was a sexual situation. I've never got one in a nude spa or anywhere like that. It just doesn't happen.

I wouldn't know. I just have to believe you on this.:smalltongue:

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 03:06 PM
If there's some secret way to stop the need for strategically placed textbooks throughout 80% of my school day, it would be really awesome to know.

Try not to get bored so much. I find that helps.

Collin152
2009-05-24, 03:10 PM

Well, you start by establishing such absolute control over your movements that you lose almost all coordination. You will never be able to dance, and walking will be occaisionally difficult. You will always stand akwardly, and if you're like me, will often stare, as you need to concentrate on what the rest of your body is doing.
Once you've done that, just concentrate really hard, and you can halt and reverse any unpleasent scenarios. Also, if that doesn't help, keep a mental stock of images that act as a form of kryptonite to it. Shouldn't be hard.

Canadian
2009-05-24, 03:14 PM
Where are you going to keep your personal belongings? In the car? Where are you going to stash your car keys?:smalleek:

Whatever you do don't run through the corn field.... Backwards! :smallsmile:

Quincunx
2009-05-24, 03:22 PM
:smallconfused: I'm afraid I'm missing the joke.

Playground Prom, strategically applied body paint--does that jog your memory?

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 03:26 PM

Not intending to offend any nudists, but isn't the generally quoted rule:

The people you see at nudist gatherings are the people you least want to see naked.

That alleviates the problem somewhat!

Totally Guy
2009-05-24, 03:27 PM

That's not something I'm worried about. While I do like girls and have no trouble getting an erection in a sexual situation I think that Colin and the Irish one are spot on.

Where will I put the keys to my cool cool car? That's a good question. It might be a good idea to bring a back pack. Nice save.

When is the event? The Last Saturday in July, in the evening.

Edit:

The people you see at nudist gatherings are the people you least want to see naked.

I suppose that compounds doubly so since we play D&D.:smalltongue:

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 03:31 PM
When is the event? The Last Saturday in July, in the evening.

Got a link to the group or anything? I can -possibly- reach Yorkshire (even if it does mean entering the dreaded North).

Totally Guy
2009-05-24, 03:35 PM
Got a link to the group or anything? I can -possibly- reach Yorkshire (even if it does mean entering the dreaded North).

York Maze (http://www.yorkmaze.com/pages/events.html). Must warn you that there is an annoying noisy flash banner on the website.

I don't know how I'd link to the facebook group we made... it's an open group.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 03:37 PM
York Maze (http://www.yorkmaze.com/pages/events.html). Must warn you that there is an annoying noisy flash banner on the website.

I don't know how I'd link to the facebook group we made... it's an open group.

I'll have a look. Thanks muchly.

Alleine
2009-05-24, 04:30 PM
Also, if that doesn't help, keep a mental stock of images that act as a form of kryptonite to it. Shouldn't be hard.

This. Very much this. While I never used mental pictures/imaginings in a situation like this, they can be very handy to make you cease-and-desist from some actions. I was using it not to laugh. Worked like a charm.
Then everyone looked at me funny when I told them how well imagining someone twisting a knife into your gut will keep you from laughing.

I agree with the general consensus. You should be fine, in fact you should be better than fine since a bunch of people you know are going.

Collin152
2009-05-24, 05:44 PM
Then everyone looked at me funny when I told them how well imagining someone twisting a knife into your gut will keep you from laughing.

Yeah, I can't do that; ideas of violence directed at myself tend to just make me laugh harder. I have to remember things, not imagine them, when I want to stop laughing. Usually people who made me angry, or jealous, or some other emotion that destroys humor.

But, yeah, sexual arousal, mental images, fall flat like some kind of flying pancake.

Mr. Moon
2009-05-24, 06:05 PM
Why am I reading this thread?
Dammit, where's the brain bleach?
*scurries off*

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 06:29 PM
Why am I reading this thread?
Dammit, where's the brain bleach?
*scurries off*

What, you mean "How to keep down an Inappropriate Erection"? Yes, it did go a little off-topic. These things generally do.

Collin152
2009-05-24, 06:33 PM
What, you mean "How to keep down an Inappropriate Erection"? Yes, it did go a little off-topic. These things generally do.

Well, it's not like anyone ever adressed these issues in the short lived distaff counterpart to the girl thread. There are genuine topics like this, you know, it's not all ambiguous machismo!

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 06:35 PM
Well, it's not like anyone ever adressed these issues in the short lived distaff counterpart to the girl thread. There are genuine topics like this, you know, it's not all ambiguous machismo!

It should be part of the talk you get when you reach puberty.

"Now son, occasionally your wing-dang-doodle might pitch the tent at an inappropriate time, and you'll need to hide it. There are several methods for doing this..."

Collin152
2009-05-24, 07:00 PM
It should be part of the talk you get when you reach puberty.

"Now son, occasionally your wing-dang-doodle might pitch the tent at an inappropriate time, and you'll need to hide it. There are several methods for doing this..."

Some of us never got that, and had to piece life together slowly, slowly, slowly...
Ahem.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 07:02 PM
Some of us never got that, and had to piece life together slowly, slowly, slowly...
Ahem.

I never got it either. I don't think I could ever look my father in the face again if he said 'wing-dang-doodle' to me in a serious manner.

Collin152
2009-05-24, 07:08 PM
I never got it either. I don't think I could ever look my father in the face again if he said 'wing-dang-doodle' to me in a serious manner.

Yeah, I had to give my parents a talk. it was unpleasent.

Know what really bothers me, though? Your name is 'Irishman', but your location is England and your avatar is a Panda. I don't know what to believe!

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I had to give my parents a talk. it was unpleasent.

Know what really bothers me, though? Your name is 'Irishman', but your location is England and your avatar is a Panda. I don't know what to believe!

Simple. My mother is Irish, but emigrated to London at a young age with her mother. There she met my father, an Englishman from Devonshire and voila! I was born, half-English and half-Irish, with the legal right to claim a passport in both nations.
I used to play Capoeira, which you may or may not have heard of. It's a brazilian martial arty sort of thing. Anyway, capoeiristas get a nickname at their batizado (kind of like their first grading, means baptism) and the one that I got given was Panda, on the basis (or so I'm told) that I'm short, strong, round and fuzzy.
Oh, and I like ice-cream too.

Told you it was simple.

DraPrime
2009-05-24, 07:42 PM
How does one "keep it down" without a good amount of cold water? :smallconfused:

Collin152
2009-05-24, 07:43 PM
How does one "keep it down" without a good amount of cold water? :smallconfused:

Read, Perform: Prior instructions

Alternatively: Stand on your head

DraPrime
2009-05-24, 07:46 PM
Read, Perform: Prior instructions

Alternatively: Stand on your head

I wonder if being upside down will actually help. It should do something, in theory. Hmmmmm......

*begins scientific experiment*

SoD
2009-05-24, 07:52 PM
Nudity is fun. And yes, when surrounded by naked people in a non-sexual situation, stuff doesn't really happen.

Mind you, in my defence, that may also be attributed to the fact I was naked with a large amount of people onstage with an audience of about a thousand or so. Fun times, eh?

DraPrime
2009-05-24, 07:54 PM
Nudity is fun. And yes, when surrounded by naked people in a non-sexual situation, stuff doesn't really happen.

Mind you, in my defence, that may also be attributed to the fact I was naked with a large amount of people onstage with an audience of about a thousand or so. Fun times, eh?

Errrrr, what exactly was the reason for this stage-nudity?

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-24, 07:57 PM

That's how the last Rocky Horror Show I watched ended up... still, it was an interesting finale!

Collin152
2009-05-24, 08:26 PM
I wonder if being upside down will actually help. It should do something, in theory. Hmmmmm......

*begins scientific experiment*

Well, when up is down, that which goes up will go down.

Also, it becomes harder to keep blood there. It's the same principle that gives hanged men erections.

DraPrime
2009-05-24, 08:29 PM
Well, when up is down, that which goes up will go down.

Also, it becomes harder to keep blood there. It's the same principle that gives hanged men erections.

Wait, how am I not aware of this weird penis-factoid?

And your circulatory system is specifically adjusted to pump more blood into that area during an erection, so being upside down might not have as much of an effect as you might think.

Collin152
2009-05-24, 08:53 PM
Wait, how am I not aware of this weird penis-factoid?

And your circulatory system is specifically adjusted to pump more blood into that area during an erection, so being upside down might not have as much of an effect as you might think.

Well, I can only conceive of one decent way to test this, but unfortunatley my lab isn't equipped to handle it at the moment. So we'll need to outsource this.

SoD
2009-05-25, 02:44 AM
Errrrr, what exactly was the reason for this stage-nudity?

For humour and shock value. And because seeing bits onstage makes the audience happy. It attracts Taswegians of all kinds.

UNI Review; Political Satire, Comedy, Things That You Know You Shouldn't Really Laugh At But Do Anyway, Naked People, etc.

Last years; Kevin 007 (the new Prime Minister of Australia), this years; Obama Mia.

Fun times!

averagejoe
2009-05-25, 04:57 AM
Playground Prom, strategically applied body paint--does that jog your memory?

Is that what he was referring to? It always seems to catch me off guard when other people know things about me.

Keld Denar
2009-05-25, 12:53 PM
Someone else pinned it pretty well. A big key is to keep yourself engaged. Don't let your mind wander, and it will tend to want to wander. Fantasy is the largest drive of sexual excitement, the anticipation of what MIGHT happen. So, if you are standing there talking to a nice young lady, and your mind wanders to thoughts of becoming lost for hours at a deadend in the corn maze with her, chances are, you're body will have a reaction. If you keep yourself alert to the present, ask lots of questions, and otherwise have a stimulating conversation, it will prove to be less...stimulating.

Make sense?

Berserk Monk
2009-05-25, 02:59 PM
I goes to art school. Nude models for the wins.*:smallbiggrin:

*Except dudes and fatties.:smallmad:

Collin152
2009-05-25, 03:08 PM

Hmmm... and about how often are these models male?

bosssmiley
2009-05-25, 03:10 PM

Bad Glug! Naturism and mechanical pencils do not mix! Also, retrieving lost dice would be fraught with delicate questions of etiquette... :smallbiggrin:

What's the worst that could happen? You, your mates, some like=minded people having a nice day out at a hedge maze. Sounds like a pretty good touristy day out in York to me (just sans kecks is all).

But please, no Facebook event photos. :smallamused:

Totally Guy
2009-05-25, 03:52 PM
Bad Glug! Naturism and mechanical pencils do not mix! Also, retrieving lost dice would be fraught with delicate questions of etiquette... :smallbiggrin:

And the award for Most Creative Use for a DM Screed goes to... Glug!

Grr, why is it that all the interesting things I get up to end up being secret? They'll ask at work tomorrow how my weekend went and I can say...

"It went really well, my friends really came through for me! I trusted them with a big secret of mine and they reacted far better than I'd ever imagined."

I swear it's lines like this that keep people mistakenly thinking I'm gay.:smalltongue:

Then there was that time when a colleague approached me with "I know about the Warlock game" and I thought he'd discovered my D&D hobby... In fact he'd just googled my name and found a drawing I made when I was 14.
:smallamused:

Keld Denar
2009-05-25, 04:52 PM
Yea, I find its generally easier to be upfront about a lot of things like that. I've told a goodly number of my co-workers that I play D&D. Most don't understand it, but most don't care. You never know who you might invite to your gaming table next.

Nah, the really hard part was when a bunch of people (mostly family) asked what I did the previous weekend, when me and my then gf went to a swingers club, you know, just to check it out. Yea...that was NOT something I was interested in telling grammy about.

Serpentine
2009-05-26, 12:15 AM

*Except dudes and fatties.:smallmad:Are you really so afraid of your own body that you can't even draw that of another man? :smallconfused:

If we're talking about penis-factoids, some men are so... well-endowed, that when they get an erection they pass out :smalltongue: (I told my father this. He said, "So that's what my problem is!" :smalleek: :smallsigh:)

THAC0
2009-05-26, 12:17 AM
Are you really so afraid of your own body that you can't even draw that of another man? :smallconfused:

If we're talking about penis-factoids, some men are so... well-endowed, that when they get an erection they pass out :smalltongue: (I told my father this. He said, "So that's what my problem is!" :smalleek: :smallsigh:)

That seems incredibly... problematic. :smalleek:

Trog
2009-05-26, 12:21 AM

*SNRK* HA! SerpDad ftw! Heeheehee :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2009-05-26, 12:24 AM
Honestly, I do think you two would get along rather well :smalltongue:

Pyrian
2009-05-26, 12:40 AM
That seems incredibly... problematic. :smalleek:Might be safer, though. The rest of us just suffer enough blood loss to be unable to think. :smallwink: "God gave man a brain, a penis, and enough blood to operate one - or the other."

THAC0
2009-05-26, 12:59 AM
Might be safer, though. The rest of us just suffer enough blood loss to be unable to think. :smallwink: "God gave man a brain, a penis, and enough blood to operate one - or the other."

You make a good point, sir. :smalltongue:

Still, from a strictly evolutionary standpoint, it seems bizarre!

averagejoe
2009-05-26, 01:02 AM
You make a good point, sir. :smalltongue:

So does albinism.

THAC0
2009-05-26, 01:03 AM
So does albinism.

Yes, but is an oversized male reproductive organ recessive? :smallsmile:

Ichneumon
2009-05-26, 01:05 AM

Mainly because you would think they would be unable to reproduce. So the gene has to be transmitted by the women who do not suffer from this strange affliction.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-26, 03:12 AM
Where will I put the keys to my cool cool car? That's a good question. It might be a good idea to bring a back pack. Nice save.

Take the car key off its chain and stick it in your shoes...

Ahem.

I feel your pain.

Totally Guy
2009-05-26, 06:56 AM
Take the car key off its chain and stick it in your shoes...

That's a good thought but I've got an oversized central locking dongle that's a bit too big:smallamused:. Maybe they'll have some lockers and then I could put that key in my shoe.

"Where are your car keys?"
"In my pocket in my trousers with the rest of our clothes..."
"With the rest of our clothes? I put them in the boot of the car!"
"The boot of my car... oops!":smalleek:
:smallbiggrin:

Anyway, because nobody yet has reacted with an "OMG freak" I told my tale to a couple of trusted work colleagues and they thought it was a positive thing too. I'm feeling really priviledged to be friends with people that are so supportive. It's like a happiness chain reaction right now and we've not even done anything yet. Even if the event turns out to not be enjoyable the level of security I'm feeling at present probably already makes it worth it. And when I'm pleased I just have to talk.

How weird is that?

Kantur
2009-05-26, 06:59 AM
Any way to tie it into the knot/loops of your laces? Might be a little annoying if it keeps hitting your shoe, but it's just the first thing that came to mind if you can't put it in your shoe...

Totally Guy
2009-05-26, 07:02 AM
Any way to tie it into the knot/loops of your laces? Might be a little annoying if it keeps hitting your shoe, but it's just the first thing that came to mind if you can't put it in your shoe...

Yeah, that'd probably work.

Everybody else got so brainy all of a sudden.

OverdrivePrime
2009-05-26, 07:05 AM
There's any number of those magnetic key holder box things (http://www.acehardware.com/sm-custom-accessories-magnetic-key-holder-custom-accessories-magnetic-key-holder--pi-1292149.html) that you could put your key in and then hide under one of the quarter panels of your car. That might keep your feet from having to bear the effort.

Fri
2009-05-26, 07:08 AM

I took product design as my major. We don't get nude models :smallfrown:

averagejoe
2009-05-26, 07:13 AM
Honestly, the people there will probably know good things to do as far as keys and any other trouble you might have. Plus, it's potentially a good conversation starter.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-26, 07:37 AM
Glow-in-the-dark frisbee. That's all else that needs to be said.

Stormthorn
2009-05-26, 05:51 PM
Ahem.

So thats how he ended up as he did.

Are you really so afraid of your own body that you can't even draw that of another man?

Well i dont know about him but in my case i cant draw period and i am also afraid of my own body. And ashamed. And hateful....I need a hug.

A nuddy event eh? Sounds kinda neat i guess. Wonder if they have any in California. It would be warm...but you would get sunburned.

Collin152
2009-05-26, 06:36 PM
So thats how he ended up as he did.

Well, that and apparently I'm a direct descendant of Absolute Evil, the gene for which often skips a generation.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-05-26, 07:09 PM
I fail to see what the shame of an erection is. If actions speak louder than words, and you "salute the queen", you're pretty much going: "I FIND YOU ATTRACTIVE!!1!" So long as you don't act like a stupid lech, I'd think that was rather flattering. :smallsmile:

averagejoe
2009-05-26, 10:22 PM
A nuddy event eh? Sounds kinda neat i guess. Wonder if they have any in California. It would be warm...but you would get sunburned.

I can't imagine that they don't.

Collin152
2009-05-26, 10:26 PM
I fail to see what the shame of an erection is. If actions speak louder than words, and you "salute the queen", you're pretty much going: "I FIND YOU ATTRACTIVE!!1!" So long as you don't act like a stupid lech, I'd think that was rather flattering. :smallsmile:

Many irrationally feel that it, in and of itself, is acting like a stupid lech.
If I wasn't such a damned charming bastard, I'd never get away with it, myself.

Pyrian
2009-05-26, 10:45 PM
Wonder if they have any in California. It would be warm...but you would get sunburned.There's the occasional beach where they do not particularly enforce any dress code. The people there are generally quite tan, leathery, and remarkably unattractive.

golentan
2009-05-26, 10:48 PM

Not the part where I live. We consider it a bright and sunny day if we look up and the sky is LIGHT grey. Nudity is fun, long as you act like a reasonable person.

Stormthorn
2009-05-27, 12:15 AM
There's the occasional beach where they do not particularly enforce any dress code. The people there are generally quite tan, leathery, and remarkably unattractive.

Well i know how californians in general look.

I spend an inordinate amount of time listening to girls talk about tanning both natural and artificial, living in the valley.

Nice new avatar collin!

Erothayce
2009-05-27, 02:10 AM
There's the occasional beach where they do not particularly enforce any dress code. The people there are generally quite tan, leathery, and remarkably unattractive.

I take offense at that statement. I am in no way leathery. Awesomely tan and lean muscled from cycling yes, leathery and remarkably unattractive no. Stormthorn I doubt there is any nuddy event around where we live seeing as it's the most right wing county in the state of California. Go a ways away and I'm sure you can find something.

Totally Guy
2009-05-27, 02:39 AM

The foundation of the event is that of trust, we all trust each other enough to share in a collective nakedness (I imagine). If someone is there for ulterior motives it undermines that trust and harms the gathering.

Just because somebody does experience an erection it doesn't mean they are a pervert but it sets off alarm bells. So I'm pretty sure it's just bad etiquette. A bit like telling a bomb joke to airport security.

Pyrian
2009-05-27, 10:18 AM
I take offense at that statement. I am...This seems inappropriate to me. I made a statement about my observations about most of a general population and you retort that you, personally, don't match that observation, and by your following statement to Stormthorn it seems like you're not even IN that population - and you're offended by it? That makes no sense at all.

I am in no way leathery. Awesomely tan...Unless that's a spray tan, "leathery" is by far your most likely future destination.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-27, 01:36 PM

It's no different from getting an erection when clothed. People don't want to know you're thinking sexual thoughts about them. Some will take it as a compliment, of course, others won't.
Getting an erection is more than a matter of "I find you attractive" anyway. Otherwise half the male population would be constantly sporting one.

Erothayce
2009-05-27, 01:52 PM
This seems inappropriate to me. I made a statement about my observations about most of a general population and you retort that you, personally, don't match that observation, and by your following statement to Stormthorn it seems like you're not even IN that population - and you're offended by it? That makes no sense at all.

Unless that's a spray tan, "leathery" is by far your most likely future destination.

I was kidding man. I forgot people take things differently on the interblag. And I'm kind of wondering what you mean by the comment i made to Stormthorn.

bucketdm
2009-05-28, 05:28 PM
i am also afraid of my own body. And ashamed. And hateful....I need a hug.
Hugs!

I think that nudity is much more common in northern California; the San Francisco area in particular. When I was living in SF, there were a couple of weekly get-togethers hosted by friends of mine. Both of those houses had large hot tubs and the gatherings were always clothing optional; some people stayed fully dressed and others got naked, and everyone was comfortable.

OverdrivePrime
2009-05-28, 11:02 PM
I think that nudity is much more common in northern California; the San Francisco area in particular. When I was living in SF, there were a couple of weekly get-togethers hosted by friends of mine. Both of those houses had large hot tubs and the gatherings were always clothing optional; some people stayed fully dressed and others got naked, and everyone was comfortable.

Apparently it's fairly commonplace on the Bay-to-Breakers (http://www.baytobreakers.com/) race. Not that I'd advise running 12k with your Egon Spangler flapping about, but it might be fun if you keep your pace down to an even saunter.

Moff Chumley
2009-05-28, 11:38 PM
Ah yes, the Bay to Breakers... I chose the wrong day to head into the city.
Goddamit, why do all of the nude girls in that thing have to be scary?

TheThan
2009-05-29, 01:05 AM
About sun tans. Use sunscreen, and lots of it.

I once got second-degree sunburn on the back of my neck during a very long session of paintball out in the hills. To this day I have a rather large scar there from it. I was sick for a week; you could stand five feet from me, hold out your hand and feel the heat radiating off my neck. Sigh, I’ll probably end up with skin cancer. Wow talking about it makes my neck hurt…

I was going to make a joke about the book of erotic fantasy, but my neck is distracting me.

Totally Guy
2009-05-29, 05:16 AM
I was more worried about bad weather than sunshine, after 7:00 the sun won't be all that powerful.

Worst case we have some kind of cool storm. Imagine it, rain bouncing off your skin, as thunder rolls through the sky. And you're running. You're part way through a labyrinth, left, right, right and all the while there are far off sounds of others running but not knowing which direction to take. And the faster you run the more intense the feel from the water.

When I described this worst case scenario to my group... they thought it sounded pretty awesome.

OverdrivePrime
2009-05-29, 07:10 AM
When I described this worst case scenario to my group... they thought it sounded pretty awesome.

I am siding with your group on this one. :smallbiggrin:

Last_resort_33
2009-05-29, 07:26 AM
Running naked in the rain is awesome....

That is all

GrandMasterMe
2009-05-31, 11:44 AM
Running naked in the rain is awesome....
l
That should be the title of a song:smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2009-05-31, 01:36 PM
I don't know about the naked part, but it's at least awesome if you do it naked except for bathing shorts (Is that a word?)

Hey, you have an about 50% chance of getting rained upon when bathing around here in summer!

Adlan
2009-05-31, 04:16 PM
Nudist stuff dosn't generally work like that. If you want in, it's all off.

Hmmm, after exams, after army camp, I might be up for that.

Totally Guy
2009-05-31, 05:03 PM
I was a little upset when I told someone my tale yesterday when they thought it was a thinly veiled stealth orgy. I tried to correct him but of course I've not done anything like it before so I didn't have the wealth of knowledge to fall back on... :smallannoyed:

I'm sure it will be all good and casual with nothing seedy going on. But I feel that I've lost some respect of this individual.

Having had such good overall reception to the idea through my confidence to tell people I was surprised for someone to react the other way. But it's still a complete turn on how I imagined the vast majority would say it was bad.

I told my parents and they both reacted positively. So that's a good thing.

Where is that Indurain person? I thought he'd be mystically drawn to this topic.

Coidzor
2009-05-31, 05:38 PM
Well, I think these days nudists are usually viewed as slightly deluded but harmless except when it comes to anything having to do with children, as that tends to skeeve people out.

Also, running in the rain is always fun (unless you're wearing enough clothing to drown in it from the layers alone) though I've yet to do it nude, what with laws in the municipalities of the world being what they are, though I do remember stripping down so that all but the bare minimum of my clothes were piled on my shoulders as I chased my g/f at the time and was in turn chased by my best friend who was singing maniacally the entire time about the Rain Dogs and we all almost stepped on the same snake that was heading for higher ground. Still can't remember if we were able to determine if we almost got bit by a rattler or if we did determine that it was just a garter snake.

Of course, being in the same blanket, snuggling down with my girl to warm each other up afterwards was also pretty fun. :smalltongue:

:smallredface:Erm, that is, in short, I hope for your sake that it does rain but no one gets hurt in the ensuing fracas.

Collin152
2009-05-31, 06:08 PM
That should be the title of a song:smallbiggrin:

And someday, it will be.

Last_resort_33
2009-06-01, 07:01 AM
And someday, it will be.

Fear not... I'm workin' on it!

Although I've always wanted to do the Finnish thing of having a REALLY hot sauna and then running naked in the snow.

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-01, 07:32 AM
...with your Egon Spangler flapping about...That's the first time I've heard it called that... :smallamused:
Ghostbusters, right?

Totally Guy
2009-06-01, 08:34 AM
Nudist stuff dosn't generally work like that. If you want in, it's all off.

I imagine there's an exception for those undergoing periods of menstruation.[/nonchalance]

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-01, 09:36 AM
I imagine there's an exception for those undergoing periods of menstruation.[/nonchalance]

... which means any woman wearing underwear is...

That's not necessarily true. They might just have a little white tail.

Indurain
2009-06-01, 10:06 AM
Where is that Indurain person? I thought he'd be mystically drawn to this topic.

He's been lurking this thread for a while, but never quite sure what to say.

I tried to convince an ex-girlfriend to go to a nudist resort with me once, but that fell through. Since then, I've looked up info, but the only resort near me is very expensive.

Personally, for now, I'll just stick to walking around my house/backyard naked. And the occasional naked dance in the rain.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-01, 10:08 AM
He's been lurking this thread for a while, but never quite sure what to say.

I tried to convince an ex-girlfriend to go to a nudist resort with me once, but that fell through. Since then, I've looked up info, but the only resort near me is very expensive.

Personally, for now, I'll just stick to walking around my house/backyard naked. And the occasional naked dance in the rain.

Myself and a completely platonic female friend organised a trip to a nudist beach, and then my now-ex found out and would have none of it.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-06-01, 10:16 AM
BUWHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Yeah, that's my mature response, deal wit' it. I had this mental picture of naked people running after each other through a maze, the Benny Hill theme playing.

Skippy
2009-06-01, 10:25 AM
BUWHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Yeah, that's my mature response, deal wit' it. I had this mental picture of naked people running after each other through a maze, the Benny Hill theme playing.

I just thought of this and laughed a lot. Then I imagined the song, the nudity and any Scooby Dooby Door scene. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScoobyDoobyDoors)

(Note: After reading the above link, I realized it talks about exactly this somewhere (Benny Hill Theme included) sans the nudity. I have never seen said show, so I guess I must be psychic...)

Edit: Something like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPvXlPeP4vU&feature=related) Nude version. Yeah.

TheThan
2009-06-02, 08:44 PM
BUWHAHAHAHAHAHA...

buwahahahaha!

you just totally made my otherwise lousy day. I'd offer you cookie for your services but I'm fresh out...