PDA

View Full Version : God, I Hate Monday

Tequila Sunrise
2009-05-24, 11:10 PM
Is there there any reason to ever not call in sick on Mondays? I'm underslept, undermedicated, overstressed and all I want to do is go home and sleep.

Doran_Liadon
2009-05-24, 11:12 PM
Cuz then you'd have a deep hatred for Tuesday. And Tuesday is pretty cool...

Ichneumon
2009-05-24, 11:39 PM
Cuz then you'd have a deep hatred for Tuesday. And Tuesday is pretty cool...

I like Fridays betters.

Philistine
2009-05-24, 11:42 PM
Here's a couple to get you started:

1) Most jobs don't give you that much sick time.
2) Ducking out of every Monday (or Friday, for that matter) is a good way to get on your employers' bad side - apart from anything else, Monday and Friday are the most-requested days of the week for vacation time, meaning companies are often shorthanded on those days to start with.
3) A few holidays are specifically set to fall on a Monday in order to create a three-day weekend, while others may happen to fall on Monday in any given year - there's no point in calling in sick if the office is closed anyway.

V'icternus
2009-05-24, 11:48 PM
Monday, eh? Don't get me started on Monday...

If you ask me, we've done things backwards. We should get five days of rest a week, and two days of work.

It may destroy society and the economy, but it'd be way more fun.

Also, waking up before midday is a crime.
(At least it is when you only went to sleep at 6AM...
Don't ask)

DrowWolfrider
2009-05-24, 11:52 PM
eh, while Mondays are bad, Wednesdays are much worse, they are right in the middle of the week, and all I can think is, I've got more of the past 2 days?:smallfrown:

V'icternus
2009-05-24, 11:53 PM
I find Wednesdays alright because there's some decent TV on Wednesday. Monday has "meh" shows and sometimes "alright" shows, but nothing really good.

Ichneumon
2009-05-25, 12:10 AM
Tuesdays and Thursdays are also quite bad...

raitalin
2009-05-25, 12:13 AM
Well some of us Americans get tomorrow as a paid day off, so YAY! Monday.

Oh, and may our fallen veterans rest in peace, or somesuch.

Recaiden
2009-05-25, 12:23 AM
I like Thursday. And while Wednesday does have some good shows, I never get to watch them.:smallfrown:

Ichneumon
2009-05-25, 12:30 AM
Heroes used to be on Wednesday before the changed it to Thurdsdays before they changed it to Mondays.

23minds
2009-05-25, 12:56 AM
I've always felt that Tuesday was like Monday Part II. And not in a good way, like The Godfather Part II or The Empire Strikes Back, but like Attack of the Clones and The Matrix: Reloaded.

Ichneumon
2009-05-25, 12:57 AM
I've always felt that Tuesday was like Monday Part II.

You just won this thread.

V'icternus
2009-05-25, 01:02 AM
Heroes used to be on Wednesday before the changed it to Thurdsdays before they changed it to Mondays.

Where I live, it's Thursdays again. At, like, 11PM...

I don't know why any show that's actually decent is given such a late timeslot on 7.

(Lost, Prison Break, Heroes, that whole shtick)

Vizen
2009-05-25, 01:07 AM
Mondays? I love Mondays! Monday and Tuesday are my only days off a week!

Of course, this means that I can't go out Friday and Saturday nights like most people, but hey. (I can, I just come to work the next day hungover).

UserClone
2009-05-25, 01:16 AM
For me it's Thursdays. Whenever something untoward happens and I'm unsure of the day, I think, "Hm. Must be a Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Starscream
2009-05-25, 01:27 AM
I have a problems with Wednesdays. For some reason my brain just doesn't process that day well. I spend the whole day thinking it is actually Thursday* and then I'm depressed when I eventually realize that the weekend is farther away than I thought.

*Apparently this is a common problem; George Carlin made jokes about it.

kpenguin
2009-05-25, 01:42 AM
I've always felt that Tuesday was like Monday Part II. And not in a good way, like The Godfather Part II or The Empire Strikes Back, but like Attack of the Clones and The Matrix: Reloaded.

So, is it Attack of the Clones (Better than the original but still crappy) or The Matrix Reloaded (A huge disappointment when compared to the original).

Yeah, I'm one of those people who thinks Attack of the Clones was better than Phantom Menace.

Trizap
2009-05-25, 01:46 AM
I hate monday to.

thats why I am rebelling against it.

thats right I'm rebelling against monday......

I just can't figure out HOW to rebel against it..............

kpenguin
2009-05-25, 01:49 AM
Why don't you campaign to change the week to six days, skipping Monday entirely and going straight from Sunday to Tuesday?

V'icternus
2009-05-25, 01:50 AM
Why not just not show up to life on Mondays?

Trizap
2009-05-25, 01:53 AM
Why don't you campaign to change the week to six days, skipping Monday entirely and going straight from Sunday to Tuesday?

that won't solve the problem, we would still be under Monday's tyranny only renamed "Tuesday" it wouldn't work.

Trizap
2009-05-25, 01:54 AM
Why not just not show up to life on Mondays?

maybe I could make some completely different personality that would suffer mondays for me, while my real personality enjoys all the others?

Pyrian
2009-05-25, 02:14 AM
Yeah, I'm one of those people who thinks Attack of the Clones was better than Phantom Menace.Well, it did have less Jar-Jar, and the re-think-your-life line, so I think that's a defensible position. :smallcool:

Starscream
2009-05-25, 02:23 AM
maybe I could make some completely different personality that would suffer mondays for me, while my real personality enjoys all the others?

Not recommended. You'll wake up fresh and happy on Tuesday to find a story about a "Mysterious Killer" on the front page.

Da' Chief will assign you to the case, and after flirting with the attractive forensics scientist you will hit the road with your inexperienced and idealistic partner.

A scene of carnage awaits you at each murder. The victims seem random. An innocent printer of calendars, with one seventh of his body removed. The guy who writes Garfield, found in a crate about to be shipped to Abu Dhabi. Someone named Solomon Grundy. What could be the connection?

Only by the third act does the truth come out; your own alternate personality, driven insane by experiencing nothing but Mondays has tried to eradicate the day from existence. As midnight strikes on Sunday night it takes control and you attack your partner when he tries to make the arrest.

You overpower him and flee into the street, only to be crushed by a street sweeper. You forgot that Monday was street-cleaning day. Truly tragic, you were three days from retirement.

Innis Cabal
2009-05-25, 02:27 AM
Not recommended. You'll wake up fresh and happy on Tuesday to find a story about a "Mysterious Killer" on the front page.

Da' Chief will assign you to the case, and after flirting with the attractive forensics scientist you will hit the road with your inexperienced and idealistic partner.

A scene of carnage awaits you at each murder. The victims seem random. An innocent printer of calendars, with one seventh of his body removed. The guy who writes Garfield, found in a crate about to be shipped to Abu Dhabi. Someone named Solomon Grundy. What could be the connection?

Only by the third act does the truth come out; your own alternate personality, driven insane by experiencing nothing but Mondays has tried to eradicate the day from existence. As midnight strikes on Sunday night it takes control and you attack your partner when he tries to make the arrest.

You overpower him and flee into the street, only to be crushed by a street sweeper. You forgot that Monday was street-cleaning day. Truly tragic, you were three days from retirement.

And we call it Silent Night Deadly Night 4: The Return of the Garbage Man

Totally Guy
2009-05-25, 02:29 AM
I can't see the point of hating a particular day. I mean it's 1/7th of your life. I'm not going to write off 1/7th of my life on a day of hate and losing.

Athaniar
2009-05-25, 04:45 AM
Mondays are not always very exciting (in the same way an asteroid hitting earth would not be a very good thing), but you'll just have to survive them.

MethosH
2009-05-25, 08:04 AM
So... many... quotes... inside... my... brain.... from... garfield... to... the cure...

ARGH!

"Looks like somebody has a case of the mondays!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v90q0ydxMI
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=28152227

"Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Oh, Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=kxkYVIcVIaU&gl=US

Kris on a Stick
2009-05-25, 08:31 AM
For me it's Thursdays. Whenever something untoward happens and I'm unsure of the day, I think, "Hm. Must be a Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Damn you. I was going to say that.

arguskos
2009-05-25, 08:33 AM
Hello Mr. Dent. How are you today? Your beard is looking rather nice you know, love the rabbit bone. :smallwink:

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-25, 08:35 AM
Is there there any reason to ever not call in sick on Mondays? I'm underslept, undermedicated, overstressed and all I want to do is go home and sleep.

Yes, because here in Britain it's a bank holiday today, which means that we do get to stay at home and sleep.

UserClone
2009-05-25, 11:06 AM
Hello Mr. Dent. How are you today? Your beard is looking rather nice you know, love the rabbit bone. :smallwink:

Alright fellas, you caught me. :smallwink:

Quincunx
2009-05-25, 11:25 AM
How many other airborne men could you be, Mr. Flies-With-Pigeons? :smallwink:

Berserk Monk
2009-05-25, 11:27 AM

Quiet down Garfield.

unstattedCommoner
2009-05-25, 11:28 AM

Why don't you campaign to change the week to two days, going straight from Sunday to Saturday?

Madmal
2009-05-25, 11:30 AM
Mondays: 6 hours of class, (8 counting the trip) until 11 pm. Not willing until 12 o'clock, and a high chance of a homework that needs completition. or a test. (like today)
Tuesdays: 2 hours of class (4), still work to be completed. nicer version of Monday.
Wednesdays: 2 hours (4), more hyped. Best day overall.
Thursdays: 6 hours (8) until 10 pm. The 1 hour-move up is not good, but there's more energy today. Clashing with Mondays, depending on homeworks.
Friday: away from home: 10:15 am-9:10pm. Light classes with a good chance to leave early.
Saturday: classes from 8:00 AM to 9:4x pm. Relatively light material. Having to get up at 6:20 am is still a fuss.
Sunday: weekly 2 hours of running/walking/jogging. High chances of afternoon dedicated to family.

Canadian
2009-05-25, 11:38 AM

Be happy you're not one of the people that has to work on Saturday and Sunday.

Helanna
2009-05-25, 12:21 PM
I hate Mondays. Nothings worse after a nice, relaxing weekend than realizing you have to wake up at 6 am to go waste 9 hours of your life somewhere where you don't want to be and honestly don't have to be.

Feels like this:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/funny-pictures-cat-is-not-coming-out-until-monday-is-gone.jpg

Berserk Monk
2009-05-25, 12:23 PM
I hate Mondays. Nothings worse after a nice, relaxing weekend than realizing you have to wake up at 6 am to go waste 9 hours of your life somewhere where you don't want to be and honestly don't have to be.

Feels like this:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/funny-pictures-cat-is-not-coming-out-until-monday-is-gone.jpg

First off, picture's hilarious. Second, sucks to be you. I've already started summer break.