PDA

View Full Version : New Prestige Class

badam104172
2009-05-25, 06:50 PM
i've had an idea in my head for a new prestige class, similar to a sorcerer, but focusing on fire evocations and using fire special abilities. Any ideas?

Hawriel
2009-05-25, 07:00 PM
Classic pyro. Good plan I know alot of peaple who would love and often do end up playing that sort of mage.

Sword & Sorcery Advanced Players guide has a cool elimentalist PRC.

Bulwer
2009-05-25, 07:10 PM
Something to consider is that Fire resistance (and outright immunity) are very common, so class abilities that let you bypass some or all of that would be incredibly cool. Maybe a 5-level PrC, full casting, that gives you more or better metamagic options for fire spells, plus reducing enemies' fire resistance (and maybe, as a capstone, reducing immunity to resistance).

DrakebloodIV
2009-05-25, 09:26 PM
Pyromotion- A fire based caster who uses his own (and his enemies) motion to fuel extra fire spells

Roderick_BR
2009-05-25, 09:47 PM
If you get Tome And Blood (3.0) take a look at the Elemental Savant. It's more about turning into a half-elemental, but you can take some good ideas there.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-05-25, 09:51 PM
Ideas:

-Creature failing saves against his spells are automatically set on fire.

-Treats all Fire spells he casts as Spell-like abilities, and later Supernatural Abilities (DC 10 + 1/2 Caster Level + Charisma modifier).

-Creatures set on fire from his spells take 1d6 damage/2 class levels rather than the usual 1d6 damage. The save DC to put it out increases to the previously mentioned DC.

Niezck
2009-05-25, 09:58 PM
If you get Tome And Blood (3.0) take a look at the Elemental Savant. It's more about turning into a half-elemental, but you can take some good ideas there.

That's also in Complete Arcane [3.5]

badam104172
2009-05-25, 10:24 PM
I haven't checked my players handbook in a while, so i dont know how my fire spells there are. also, how about being able to turn/rebuke/command fire elementals?

Xallace
2009-05-25, 10:48 PM
For some reason I want to suggest taking inspiration from the Team Fortress 2 Pyro class, and give them bonuses for ambushing with fire.

At the very least, I'd say focus abilities on battefield control and just generally causing chaos in enemy ranks. Scare the dickens out of people just by being around.