PDA

View Full Version : [Template] Startouched

Kornaki
2009-05-26, 01:49 AM
You see in the distance what appears to be a statue made of iron, gazing up into the night sky. Your keen sense of intuition and years of experience immediately identify it as a golem construct. You approach, stealthily as possible. Too late! The creature's head whips around to stare at you. It gestures to the stars with one arm.

"Is this.... beauty?"

Inspired by Vorpal's skywatcher, which wasn't what I was hoping it would be, here's a golem template.

Occasionally, a golem left standing outside, especially in open fields, will become startouched. The cause is unknown, but two possibilities are that fey creature grant sentience to the golem as a cruel joke, or that the deities in charge of the stars/moon/night are so enamored by the golem's apparent reverence that they grant the golem sentience as a reward. Possibly it is even the small but cumulative effect of light itself beaming down upon the golem.

What is known is that the golem becomes sentient, and has all memories as though it were sentient its whole existence. In a cruel twist, these golems, often abandoned by their masters following long obsolete instructions, continue to stand in place as though following these instructions, for lack of a better thing to do. Usually they are rescued by passerbyers who interact with the golem, but these years of self contemplation lead startouched golems even in society to live out their existence as hermits, often spending their whole lives pondering the mysteries of the night sky

Startouched Golem

Creating a Startouched Golem
Startouched Golem is a template that can be added to any non-intelligent golem

Special Qualities:

Shooting Stars:A startouched golem is always treated as though it were wearing a ring of shooting stars, even if it has two rings on already (see DMG for statistics)

Starlight vision (perfect). A Startouched Golem can see as well in starlight as it can in daylight

Immunity to magic: Startouched golems are completely immune to magic. As an exception to this, every round they are targeted by or stand inside the radius of a spell that gives off light (such as sunbeam or daylight) the golem heals for 10 hp.

Ability Increases: A Startouched Golem has an intelligence of 10. In addition it gains ability score increases (but not the penalties) for middle, old and venerable age increases as though it were a human (age based on length of time as a startouched golem). Otherwise its ability scores are unchanged.

CR +2

DracoDei
2009-05-26, 05:31 AM
Needs a CR adjustment... I think I am seeing +2 at a wild guess...

Kornaki
2009-05-26, 10:47 AM
Needs a CR adjustment... I think I am seeing +2 at a wild guess...

Whoops, forgot to put that in. I was actually thinking +2 also