PDA

View Full Version : Flight houserules

Dagren
2009-05-26, 04:50 AM
I hesitate to post this, as it's so small as to be more of a houserule than what I'd normally think of as a homebrew, but I'd like some feedback on it and can't think of anywhere else to do so.

Basically, as long as you maintain light encumbrance, you get a +50% speed boost and one better manueverability class with the fly or overland flight spells. (That works out to 90'/round and 60'/round respectively) So, what do you think? Is it a bad idea or a good one? I can hardly imagine it being significantly overpowered due to how small the change is.

DracoDei
2009-05-26, 05:36 AM
Perfectly fine thing to post.

I think it takes some of the most choice spells in the game and makes them just a touch more powerful, but it doesn't seem terrible as a house rule. Just make sure to remember when it applies to foes.

Triaxx
2009-05-26, 08:14 AM
Definitely would work out well. Even with an archer using fly-by attack it wouldn't be significantly over powered.

Dagren
2009-05-27, 03:54 AM
Thanks. I think the biggest change may be that now Overland Flight allows you to hover, which it didn't by default. (To be honest, that's what inspired me to have a look at improving flight, when I realised that V shouldn't have been able to hover during her fights yet it sure looks that way)

Some people may also have noticed that Fly now has the same speed as in 3.0. But yeah, since nobody has told me I've broken the game (and would slightly faster flight speed be what a wizard breaks the game with anyway?), I think I'll suggest it when our gaming group gets together.