PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Family

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Mad Mask
2009-06-06, 03:47 PM
Can you say 'self-contradiction'? :smallyuk:

Why do you always have to change things that have already being agreed upon ? The "Sovice nanites poisoned Igon" make perfect sense and were agreed by the owner of the character.

When Future Imperfect finally starts, you can do (almost) everything you want, but the lead-up should be ordered and planned.

Nameless
2009-06-06, 03:47 PM
What... What just happened? :smalleek:

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 03:50 PM
When Future Imperfect finally starts, you can do (almost) everything you want, but the lead-up should be ordered and planned.

THAT'S the problem!

Mina Kobold
2009-06-06, 03:52 PM

I drew something and Inkscape froze:smallannoyed: Oh you mean in ABR?! Well the fight is over.

Mad Mask
2009-06-06, 03:53 PM
THAT'S the problem!

Why is it a problem ? The lead-up is not a plot, it's just something done so that Fat Fish Fury and Future Imperfect are linked smoothly, instead of the rough "15 years later". Like a plot exposition or something. It makes perfect sense that it should be ordered.

Keris
2009-06-06, 03:55 PM
Lying was contacted by someone from Remember, who sent someone else from Remember to unparalyse him. They did so, and he attacked the Shades.

Together with Salmon, they blinded the Shades, who broke thought the door into the Plane of Incarnum, where they will be torn apart.

EDIT: I'm making a comic involving the portal, so could people avoid closing it in any comics. Thank you.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 04:00 PM
Why is it a problem ? The lead-up is not a plot, it's just something done so that Fat Fish Fury and Future Imperfect are linked smoothly, instead of the rough "15 years later". Like a plot exposition or something. It makes perfect sense that it should be ordered.

Not that, I mean the lead-up to the climaxes. They apparently have to be done in a precise manner or else everything goes down the crapper. :smallannoyed:

Keris
2009-06-06, 04:03 PM
Not that, I mean the lead-up to the climaxes. They apparently have to be done in a precise manner or else everything goes down the crapper. :smallannoyed:

Precisely. So we should do this in a manner agreeable to the majority, and then we can start FI.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 04:05 PM
Precisely. So we should do this in a manner agreeable to the majority, and then we can start FI.

Alas, unless everything is done by one person (or a hive mind), its quite impossible to work with.
Which...was the case for FFF

Mad Mask
2009-06-06, 04:14 PM
Alas, unless everything is done by one person (or a hive mind), its quite impossible to work with.

The majority didn't complain about it. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 04:17 PM
The majority didn't complain about it. :smalltongue:

Just because nobody else complained doesnt mean the complaints didnt exist.

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 04:17 PM
In regards to the situation Bright is currently in - I'm still amazed that I've managed to have two epic battles without drawing anything but the initiation of one of them. It's like Bright has a mind of his own and has spent his (my) downtime wandering the fortress with Skimmer, looking for trouble.

At the same time, I'm going to try and find an opening in this fight to draw something up. I do like Bright, but I had originally stopped using him during a FFF ragequit at Mask a while back, but never actually stated I quit. I realised I couldn't quit when people kept using Bright and the :smallredface: icon has never been more appropriate for my reaction. So I'm sorta-back into it just, as I said, looking for an opening.

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 04:24 PM
I realised I couldn't quit when people kept using Bright and the :smallredface: icon has never been more appropriate for my reaction..

A-ha! I knew I'll bring you back this way:smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2009-06-06, 04:29 PM
Just because nobody else complained doesnt mean the complaints didnt exist.

I liked the order (I'm lawful good but that's just a coincidence) and why complain? It's a democracy the faked majority has spoken!! (That's how it works)

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 04:31 PM
A-ha! I knew I'll bring you back this way:smallbiggrin:

I was kinda likely to do it anyways.

I still have to introduce Bright's mother. He's half-demon, and his mortal side was his father (who is now dead, because he didn't live as long) and his full-demon side was his mother. Take a guess what kind of Demon she was.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 04:33 PM
I liked the order (I'm lawful good but that's just a coincidence) and why complain? It's a democracy the faked majority has spoken!! (That's how it works)

I saw the -------.

And I don't know about you (actually I do) but I prefer a slight bit more in-character involvement. The most I ever got to do was talk. :smallannoyed:

Keris
2009-06-06, 04:37 PM
And I don't know about you (actually I do) but I prefer a slight bit more in-character involvement. The most I ever got to do was talk. :smallannoyed:

Well, when it's a choice between "have Rand talk", and "have Rand solve everyone's problems easily, leaving them to do nothing", guess which the majority felt was more appealing?

Your character is a God-killer-killer, with magical powers out the wahoonie and who has no weaknesses. It's no wonder we limit you. If you want to be more involved, then make a new character.

T-O-E
2009-06-06, 04:44 PM
Maybe something happens between FFF and FI that weakens the power of all magic everywhere?

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 04:45 PM
Well, when it's a choice between "have Rand talk", and "have Rand solve everyone's problems easily, leaving them to do nothing", guess which the majority felt was more appealing?
I dunno, what did the majority think? (And FYI Keris + Mask is NOT a majority. :smallannoyed:)

Your character is a God-killer-killer, with magical powers out the wahoonie and who has no weaknesses.
Isn't that what Lying is? Minus the god killer killer stuff?

It's no wonder we limit you. If you want to be more involved, then make a new character
You limit me because you generally hate me (don't bother denying it) and you'd rather me make a Tarrasque Aristocrat?

Besides, honestly, I believe you'd think I would honestly go around and solve everyone's problems. Rand In-Character is sort of an Overseer role. Make sure everything runs smoothly, and when something gets dangerously out of hand, in this case, Gate to Incarnum plane that could eat existence as we know it alive, intervene.

Mad Mask
2009-06-06, 04:52 PM

Lying clearly has weaknesses. He doesn't object to be beaten up.

Besides, honestly, I believe you'd think I would honestly go around and solve everyone's problems. Rand In-Character is sort of an Overseer role. Make sure everything runs smoothly, and when something gets dangerously out of hand, in this case, Gate to Incarnum plane that could eat existence as we know it alive, intervene.

That's why I don't like over-powerful characters who'll ruin the plot if they intervene. Obviously the Shades are more trouble than the Gate, which is now safely locked away. It makes no sense that Randomizer should harm Igon instead of the Shades.

Lemming
2009-06-06, 04:54 PM
You limit me because you generally hate me (don't bother denying it) and you'd rather me make a Tarrasque Aristocrat?
Yes.:smallbiggrin:

Keris
2009-06-06, 04:54 PM
I dunno, what did the majority think? (And FYI Keris + Mask is NOT a majority. :smallannoyed:)
FYI: Compared with just you, it is. And I didn't hear anyone else arguing that you should be just kill the Shades.

And he's being infected with a Sovice Virus that renders him incapable of doing anything in FI.

Well, it would make for interesting characterisation. And I can see it working better than Rand has. Go for it. Use the Tarrasque in FI. Just keep him fitting with the setting, and respect that other people have ideas about what should happen.

No, I think you'd go around and solve the main characters problems, as they're the biggest, and would make you look best. Which would defeat the object of the plot.
And FYI, the gate? It's stable, that's been established. And it'll get a lot more stable soon.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 04:58 PM
That's why I don't like over-powerful characters who'll ruin the plot if they intervene. Obviously the Shades are more trouble than the Gate, which is now safely locked away. It makes no sense that Randomizer should harm Igon instead of the Shades.

He almost cast an Apocalypse spell
He opened the gate to incarnum
His daughter kills gods
And because I can actually HARM Igon as opposed to the Shades who seem to be under a Super-Epic protection-from-Rand spell. :smallannoyed:

And you think Rand doesn't have weaknesses?! He's a frickin being of MAGIC!! How hard can it possibly be to come up with the friggin' weakness?!? :smallmad:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-06, 05:10 PM
How. Dare. You.

It's my Meaningless Rage List. I can put anything I want on it and nobody can do anything to stop me! That's how I dare it! :smallamused:

And you think Rand doesn't have weaknesses?! He's a frickin being of MAGIC!! How hard can it possibly be to come up with the friggin' weakness?!? :smallmad:

Only you can state your weaknesses.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 05:26 PM
I have an idea that will hopefully satisfy everyone for me in FI

1) I'll create Archduke Arasque (for the lols :smalltongue:)
2) Rand will, as I originally intended, stick to the Eternal Ruins, destroying, with his allies who will be further developed on, the attempts of building civilization in the region.
3) He will occasionally pop out of the region to personally see what the world has come to, as well as take care of any end-of-the-world scenarios. But those aren't likely to happen, right?
4) In the cataclysmically abysmal chance that it does happen, let him do stuff. If I want to do stuff and it's not in any way an end-of-the-world scenario, let me know, preferably OOC. Rand can be enlisted through persuasion IC to do stuff as well.

X2
2009-06-06, 05:35 PM
damn this closed-circuit plot :smallmad:

We have a little plot running at the moment which you may or may not enjoy joining. Mad Mask has control over one character in it.

Mad, when is Chang going to become a part of TJH? And is he likely to reveal that he has any power? Because the alternative to "Recurring enemy" of this demon is to have him nearly wipe the floor with the Home Basers, then as he's about to make the finishing blow Chang could turn up for his inspection and one-shot him. It just wouldn't work if his powers (Even basic ones) are planned on being kept secret for a while.

Edit: Would be a VERY good way of intimidating everyone though.

Thank you! Mad Mask listen to the genius!

Also, the cool thing about him is that he has no powers whatsoever, but he's loaded with magical items, powerful technology and other such gizmos he can wipe the floor with anyone who does.

BRC
2009-06-06, 05:37 PM
Question, would a Greater Dispel Magic hurt him? It wouldn't kill him instantly obviously, but it sounds like it would damage him.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 05:39 PM
Question, would a Greater Dispel Magic hurt him? It wouldn't kill him instantly obviously, but it sounds like it would damage him.

See? It wasn't that hard. :smallwink: (thats a yes btw)

X2
2009-06-06, 05:42 PM
I think the tank is really limiting the progress of our plot. With our current protagonists, the tank is just too great a challenge. It's too strong for a boss fight for "level ones" (I mean that the heroes haven't really done much, so they don't have a lot of epicness to fall back on and help them save the day).

I mean, I would make a comic of Shadesworth using his boxing glove against it but...it's a freaking tank. That would be stupid. It's like, on Lost, where Ben kills Jacob, a god-like entitiy, with a friggen knife. It's effective (hopefully. We won't know for sure until the next season, though) but it's so very anticlimactic and stupid. :smallyuk:

My idea was that we would TPK and X2 would go ARCANA RAGE! on it.

-skimmer-
Making TJH....just to finish that little battle

T-O-E

Temporary I assume? Just wondering.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-06, 05:46 PM

You gave away your weakness! Time to random kill the crap out of you! Bwa ha ha! Randomizer kills NO MORE! :amused:

:smalltongue:

X2
2009-06-06, 05:46 PM

Well with TJH I'm combining the chaos and law into a ball. I "run" things but am lenient in plot changes coming in which are discussed beforehand.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 05:50 PM
particularly, I would be interested in running who and what is in the next dimension the Xartye gang runs into.

SinisterPenguin
2009-06-06, 05:51 PM
My idea was that we would TPK and X2 would go ARCANA RAGE! on it.

Uh...you do know that TPK stands for Total Party Kill, right? :smalleek:

X2
2009-06-06, 05:52 PM
Uh...you do know that TPK stands for Total Party Kill, right? :smalleek:

Yes... but I suppose a more accurate term is TPKO (knock out)

particularly, I would be interested in running who and what is in the next dimension the Xartye gang runs into.

Covered but, you would make a great alternate Avbaroy writer. Come up with some stuff and post it here.

SinisterPenguin
2009-06-06, 05:53 PM
Yes... but I suppose a more accurate term is TPKO (knock out)

Ah. You had me worried for a second there. :smalltongue:

X2
2009-06-06, 05:55 PM
Ah. You had me worried for a second there. :smalltongue:

We'll all hit 0 hp but not -9 to use D&D terms.

*braces for Mad Masks wrath*

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 05:58 PM
Covered but, you would make a great alternate Avbaroy writer. Come up with some stuff and post it here.

If the next one's taken, dibs on the one after this one. :smalltongue:

And as for alternate Avbaroys, the possibilities are limitless
The Mage Wars never happened
The Dragon age thing never happened
The only sentient beings in the world are Tarrasques
The Cataclysm happened because of a lab experiment going awry
Regular world, except Arcana doesnt exist
If The Emperor never lived
etc....

X2
2009-06-06, 06:00 PM
If the next one's taken, dibs on the one after this one. :smalltongue:

And as for alternate Avbaroys, the possibilities are limitless
The Mage Wars never happened
The Dragon age thing never happened
The only sentient beings in the world are Tarrasques
The Cataclysm happened because of a lab experiment going awry
Regular world, except Arcana doesnt exist
If The Emperor never lived
etc....

Pick one, come up with a basic skeleton plot and post it here. *rubs hands in anticipation*

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-06, 06:04 PM
I have an idea. How about an alternate reality where everybody is a infant. :smalltongue:

X2
2009-06-06, 06:05 PM
I have an idea. How about an alternate reality where everybody is a infant. :smalltongue:

I have this "season's" comedy based episode lined up. But it's actually not a bad backup idea for a nice little juvenile episode to recline on.

EDIT: Banner request Q: It's kinda like Friends, only our spinoffs don't suck. :smallbiggrin:

T-O-E
2009-06-06, 06:07 PM
*Is reminded of "Joey"*

Arrrgh.

EDIT: Pressed enter before finishing my message... :smallsigh:

X2
2009-06-06, 06:08 PM
*Is reminded of "Joey"*

Arrrgh.

That is what I was referring to...

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 06:09 PM
Glad to see I seem to have made the right decisions, X2.

X2
2009-06-06, 06:10 PM
Glad to see I seem to have made the right decisions, X2.

Buzza whu?

What are you talking about :smallconfused:

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 06:10 PM
The Mage Wars never ended. Although what caused the war is long forgotten, as well as the name of the instigators, people still continue to fight. Factions are constantly risen and fallen, with their smaller satellite factions or branches usually left to assume their role.

The heroes will appear in the middle of a massive battle between the forces of the Soanex Coalition and the Speartipped League.

Both sides are possessors of ancient, long-forgotten, and incredibly over-the-top and powerful magics. It will be up to the heroes to either help defeat the other team, or finally bring peace to the landscape that has already been nearly erased from existence by constant war. Afterwards they can be teleported into the next dimension.

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 06:11 PM
Buzza whu?

What are you talking about :smallconfused:

With the idea of Chang's reveal. And since you had no objection to giving home base a boss as well...

I just felt it was a good way to tie the two end-chapters together.

X2
2009-06-06, 06:11 PM
The Mage Wars never ended. Although what caused the war is long forgotten, as well as the name of the instigators, people still continue to fight. Factions are constantly risen and fallen, with their smaller satellite factions or branches usually left to assume their role.

The heroes will appear in the middle of a massive battle between the forces of the Soanex Coalition and the Speartipped League.

Both sides are possessors of ancient, long-forgotten, and incredibly over-the-top and powerful magics. It will be up to the heroes to either help defeat the other team, or finally bring peace to the landscape that has already been nearly erased from existence by constant war. Afterwards they can be teleported into the next dimension.

Won't they try to use X2 for their own ends? Being the most powerful Evoker and all (good god I brag as much as he does).

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 06:12 PM
I still wonder what would happen if you trapped Rand in an EPIC LEVEL anti-magic feild.

Lemming
2009-06-06, 06:12 PM

I don't want to be stuck at Base for that one. :smalltongue:

X2
2009-06-06, 06:13 PM
With the idea of Chang's reveal. And since you had no objection to giving home base a boss as well...

I just felt it was a good way to tie the two end-chapters together.

Oh! Yeah it's a good idea. And anyway, if it wasn't I'd have you take it down.

Well that didn't come out right... :smalleek:

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 06:14 PM
Won't they try to use X2 for their own ends? Being the most powerful Evoker and all (good god I brag as much as he does).

they would, but it's to be expected. FYI, the Spears and Soanexes, rhey got powerful evokers too. :smallamused:

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 06:14 PM
Oh! Yeah it's a good idea. And anyway, if it wasn't I'd have you break it down. OOH YEAAAAH.

Fixed on planet funkotron.

X2
2009-06-06, 06:16 PM
Fixed on planet funkotron.

:confused: What
:confused: the
:confused: hell?

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 06:17 PM
GROOVY!

Fixed again! Silly X2 trying to hide his desire to start a rave party.

X2
2009-06-06, 06:18 PM
Fixed again! Silly X2 trying to hide his desire to start a rave party.

I'm talking to Q now... Hello Q.

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 06:19 PM
I'm talking to Q now... Hello Q.

You were mad if you ever thought you could sustain a normal conversation with me. :smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-06, 06:20 PM
What's goin' on, funky Q bro?

Fixed on planet Funkotron. There is no escape, X2. :smalltongue:

X2
2009-06-06, 06:20 PM
You were mad if you ever thought you could sustain a normal conversation with me. :smallamused:

Would you do one of your patented scribbles for me please? X2 please. Post it in your thread.

Hey! I noticed something wrong with BRC's latest comic. Having the tank go in reverse would make Skimmer lurch forward!

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 06:24 PM
Would you do one of your patented scribbles for me please? X2 please. Post it in your thread.

Hey! I noticed something wrong with BRC's latest comic. Having the tank go in reverse would make Skimmer lurch forward!

On point one, and particular pose?

And on point 2, I pointed that out earlier.

X2
2009-06-06, 06:25 PM
On point one, and particular pose?

And on point 2, I pointed that out earlier.

Point 1. Small... Badass

Point 2. Oh...

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 06:29 PM
Point 1. Small...

Point 2. Oh...

Uh, what sort of pose is Small? Or do you mean you want it to fit to avatar size? Or do you mean you want one of my little comic style ones?

X2
2009-06-06, 06:30 PM
Uh, what sort of pose is Small? Or do you mean you want it to fit to avatar size? Or do you mean you want one of my little comic style ones?

Sorry, I thought it said "nose"

Pose... badass... in arcana rage preferably.

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 06:34 PM
Sorry, I thought it said "nose"

Pose... badass... in arcana rage preferably.

Might take a while, but I'll go for it. I have about an hour and a half before I have to leave for a 3 hour drama rehearsal though, so I have a time limit.

X2
2009-06-06, 06:36 PM
Might take a while, but I'll go for it. I have about an hour and a half before I have to leave for a 3 hour drama rehearsal though, so I have a time limit.

Do you know how to draw arcane rage?

Cracks out of the eyes?
Hands always on arcane fire?
Vest flapping in breeze?

Too hard?

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-06, 06:38 PM

You don't have to do the right away, do it whenever whenever you want, but you think you can do a sketch of Q as well? In a crazy, mischievous pose, please? :smallsmile:

Threeshades
2009-06-06, 06:45 PM
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/fff36.png

@Lyinginbedmon: I've changed the last spell for an epic level one, I thought telekinesis wasn't too high power since Lyinginbedmon probably had his spell slots restored.

EDIT:
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/fff37.png
Shades is dead, finally.
Excellent, I will make the next one!

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-06-06, 06:47 PM
Pssh that's lame.

Skimmer just totally killed the coolest character in Tjh.

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 06:48 PM
Pssh that's lame.

Skimmer just totally killed the coolest character in Tjh.

How?:smallconfused:

You're scaring me here..

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-06-06, 06:49 PM

By blasting your characters head off? That usually does the trick <.<

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 06:52 PM
By blasting your characters head off? That usually does the trick <.<

:smalleek:

X2
2009-06-06, 06:53 PM

-skimmer- The user killed Skimmer the character.

Geez... when I said TPK, I meant TPKO! Thank god for ressurection.

Here's what I had in mind:

1. No ifs ands or buts X2 decides to use rapture
2. Falgorn knocks him out
3. Rest of the party TPKO's as they feel
4. Inner dialogue between X2's Law and Chaos causes him to decide to willingly go into arcana rage
5. RAPTURE!!!
6. Aftermath
7. The KO'd wake up and we gather the killed and open the portal
8. Credits

Calamity
2009-06-06, 06:54 PM

...Why does this scare you, aren't you the one who did it? :smallconfused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-06-06, 06:56 PM
See?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5403/seeb.png
Totally dead. :smalltongue:

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 06:58 PM
-skimmer- The user killed Skimmer the character.

Well, not really....I mean, she just talked with a sword stuck in the head...and this is best way how to knock her out for a while...

Is killing own character really that uncool? *writes a note*

X2
2009-06-06, 07:00 PM
Well, not really....I mean, she just talked with a sword stuck in the head...and this is best way how to knock her out for a while...

Well if anything, you've proven that you do not @#$% with Xavik.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 07:00 PM
Xartyve, I tried explaining this to you, but Rapture (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rapture) does not mean what you think it means :smallbiggrin:

T-O-E
2009-06-06, 07:01 PM

Little too late for the protagonists.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-06-06, 07:01 PM
Do whatever you want with your characters, dress them up as ballerinas and send them into a volcano to appease the fire gods for all it matters. :smalltongue:

It just sucks when a character that had potential gets iced.

SinisterPenguin
2009-06-06, 07:02 PM

Wait, what? Can Skimmer not die or something? :smallconfused:

X2
Xartyve, I tried explaining this to you, but Rapture (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rapture) does not mean what you think it means :smallbiggrin:

the carrying of a person to another place or sphere of existence.

I think the spell does this pretty well and swiftly. :smallbiggrin:

T-O-E
Do whatever you want with your characters, dress them up as ballerinas and send them into a volcano to appease the fire gods for all it matters. :smalltongue:

I doubt she's going to stay dead.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:04 PM
I doubt she's going to stay dead.

Precisely, I imagine a few more will die before the day is out.

So who have we "iced" or KO'd thusfar

1. Brain
2. Skimmer

and X2 pretty soon.

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 07:06 PM

Killing him would be of character....let's just say there is one thing where she is just too lawfull...

Oh no, this is where it starts....I just doubt I'll have opportunity to show what happens afterwards...but if X2 Rupture fails...:smallamused:

X2
2009-06-06, 07:07 PM
Oh no, this is where it starts....I just doubt I'll have opportunity to show what happens afterwards.....

What did you have in mind?

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 07:08 PM
the carrying of a person to another place or sphere of existence.

I think the spell does this pretty well and swiftly. :smallbiggrin:

so its a plane shift spell. :P

X2
2009-06-06, 07:09 PM
so its a plane shift spell. :P

Something like that :smallbiggrin:. But if this is this universe regular living plane, I'd hate to see its hell.

T-O-E
2009-06-06, 07:11 PM
I remember posting this before but I don't remember if I got the green light from X2...

Potential TJH character:
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8162/abrbolkan.png
Bolkan, a pink skinned, weak demon seeking a fabled dimension populated by cute, cuddly creatures. He intends to find their world and then enslave them, gaining favour from their souls to become an Über-powerful Arch-Fiend.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:12 PM
I remember posting this before but I don't remember if I got the green light from X2...

Potential TJH character:
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8162/abrbolkan.png
Bolkan, a pink skinned, weak demon seeking a fabled dimension populated by cute, cuddly creatures. He intends to find their world and then enslave them, gaining favour from their souls to become an Über-powerful Arch-Fiend.

You did not post this actually, but what role? Recurring Villain? If so I have bad news :smallfrown:...

VampireRot
2009-06-06, 07:13 PM
If it's an offensive teleport, it teleports your enemy somewhere, but not you. So you could teleport him into, say, the sun. Yeah. Unless you are an entity of pure fire and light, you ain't surviving that. So, offensive teleport? Pretty. Damn. Dangerous.

T-O-E
2009-06-06, 07:13 PM
Well, he's a very weak demon so he wouldn't be able to hold his own. Maybe a protagonist?

X2
2009-06-06, 07:14 PM
If it's an offensive teleport, it teleports your enemy somewhere, but not you. So you could teleport him into, say, the sun. Yeah. Unless you are an entity of pure fire and light, you ain't surviving that. So, offensive teleport? Pretty. Damn. Dangerous.

No, it's pretty much exactly how X2 describes it. A big explosion the likes of which ye have never seen.

Well, he's a very weak demon so he wouldn't be able to hold his own. Maybe a protagonist?

Home Base??????? :smallsmile:

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 07:17 PM
What did you have in mind?

Did you ever wonder why although I always say she is a schapechanger, you've never seen her shapechanging at all? Well there is a reason for it:smallamused:

.....I just wanted to show this later as I'm not entirely sure what it can do (or how to draw it, in the first place:smallredface:)

SinisterPenguin
2009-06-06, 07:18 PM

I don't really see why we can't have any more away team members. We don't even have that many right now. Anyway, it's not as if they all have to be together when exploring a dimension, they can split into groups and such.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:19 PM
Did you ever wonder why although I always say she is a schapechanger, you've never seen her shapechanging at all? Well there is a reason for it:smallamused:

.....I just wanted to show this later as I'm not entirely sure what it can do (or how to draw it, in the first place:smallredface:)

What is her true form? Because if you decide to say "Yeah, she's dead" it would be cool to have her body be that.

I don't really see why we can't have any more away team members. We don't even have that many right now. Anyway, it's not as if they all have to be together when exploring a dimension, they can split into groups and such.

Because it worked so well the last time. Oh wait, no it didn't.

I'll think about it.

T-O-E
2009-06-06, 07:21 PM

I don't really mind. Ok.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:22 PM
I don't really mind. Ok.

Thanks but Sinister got me thinking. You might just be in the coveted away team.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-06-06, 07:23 PM
Because it worked so well the last time. Oh wait, no it didn't.

I'll think about it.
Tsk tsk, it seems to me that you're trying too hard to keep the plot you made wrapped up and in order. You're just gonna end up strangling all the life out of it at this rate. [/observation] :smalltongue:

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 07:24 PM
What is her true form? Because if you decide to say "Yeah, she's dead" it would be cool to have her body be an that.

Bah, you're watching too much anime....there is no such thing as true form:smalltongue:

I've also thought Xavik could show that head to Gadley as I'm sure it would be excelent secret weapon for them....but that also means I'll have to put it on the paper and such. I really suck at writing stuff:smallsigh:

VampireRot
2009-06-06, 07:25 PM
No, it's pretty much exactly how X2 describes it. A big explosion the likes of which ye have never seen.

Awww... I've seen enough big explosions. Stupid evokers, never think. It's always blasty, blasty, blasty for them, never anything creative.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:26 PM
Tsk tsk, it seems to me that you're trying too hard to keep the plot you made wrapped up and in order. You're just gonna end up strangling all the life out of it at this rate. [/observation] :smalltongue:

About time someone criticised my managing of TJH.

Well, I just noticed that when we split up there was almost no focus on one group and I thought each character should be entitled to an equal slice of the pie.

SinisterPenguin
2009-06-06, 07:26 PM

Preach it!

I demand anarchy! We must overthrow X2! :smalltongue:

BRC
2009-06-06, 07:29 PM
Something like that :smallbiggrin:. But if this is this universe regular living plane, I'd hate to see its hell.
Actually, I imagined this as the Hell Plane of a different dimension. So there is a standard material plane and a heaven plane and so on for this dimension. The Away team just happened to end up on the Hell one.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:31 PM
Actually, I imagined this as the Hell Plane of a different dimension. So there is a standard material plane and a heaven plane and so on for this dimension. The Away team just happened to end up on the Hell one.

The away team materialises on the same location in the third dimension and the same plane in the Nth dimension as the portal in their own universe.

Make sense?

VampireRot
2009-06-06, 07:32 PM

In my mind, I imagined it as the prime material plane actually. The "alternative Avboray" thing is that the demons, devils, and daemons teamed up and took over.

BRC
2009-06-06, 07:33 PM
The away team materialises on the same location in the third dimension and the same plane in the Nth dimension as the portal in their own universe.

Make sense?
Sure. Maybe the main plane in this dimension IS the hell dimension, with other planes merely occupying a different pattern. So while there is one, or maybe multiple, standard "Material" planes, they are occupying the places usually occupied by outer planes, with the hell plane occupying the place usually occupied by the material plane.

Edit: @ Vampirerot that works as well.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:34 PM
Sure. Maybe the main plane in this dimension IS the hell dimension, with other planes merely occupying a different pattern. So while there is one, or maybe multiple, standard "Material" planes, they are occupying the places usually occupied by outer planes, with the hell plane occupying the place usually occupied by the material plane.

Edit: @ Vampirerot that works as well.

What? The planes aren't like a layered cake... that's not how it works!

Suggestions?

BRC
2009-06-06, 07:36 PM
What? The planes aren't like a layered cake... that's not how it works!

Suggestions?
I declare it irrelevant, since we arn't going to visit those planes anyway. Let's just go with Vampirerot's suggestion, that this WAS the material plane, but fiends teamed up and took it over.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:37 PM
I declare it irrelevant, since we arn't going to visit those planes anyway. Let's just go with Vampirerot's suggestion, that this WAS the material plane, but fiends teamed up and took it over.

Yes. Good. I like it. But I assumed that the arrangement he suggested was already assumed.

BRC
2009-06-06, 07:37 PM
Yes. Good. I like it. But I assumed that the arrangement he suggested was already assumed.
I just learned about it, but whatever.

VampireRot
2009-06-06, 07:38 PM
Yay! I'm participating! :biggrin:

X2
2009-06-06, 07:40 PM
Yay! I'm participating! :biggrin:

I have nothing to say to that.

Might I suggest a comic with Socks dodging the imminent bombardment?

VampireRot
2009-06-06, 07:42 PM
I have nothing to say to that.

Might I suggest a comic with Socks dodging the imminent bombardment?

Meh. LazyArtist is lazy. But okay. 1 comix coming right up!

X2
2009-06-06, 07:43 PM
Meh. LazyArtist is lazy. But okay. 1 comix coming right up!

I know how you feel, I have a comic of X2 being KO'd to do.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:44 PM
I just learned about it, but whatever.

Say BRC, what are you going to do in Episode 2?

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 07:46 PM
Is it just me, or is home base chock full of pretty women?

X2
2009-06-06, 07:47 PM
Is it just me, or is home base chock full of pretty women?

We need to motivate the redshirts somehow :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2009-06-06, 07:48 PM
Say BRC, what are you going to do in Episode 2?
Well, first, I'm going to do a little sequence with Gladley and the Spooky Mage Guy deciphering the rest of Supercreatordevil's notes on interdimensional travel, then they will open up a portal. Maybe because they are wroking off some readings they got from Xarty's d-jump, they are linked to the places the Away team goes, or maybe it's just chance, whichever they will get a portal to the city.

Because it's a city, the Head Shifty Guy and his spies will move in. Xavik or Forbite might be in charge of guarding the portal entrance itself, but they won't go out, leaving that to the spies.

X2
2009-06-06, 07:50 PM
Well, first, I'm going to do a little sequence with Gladley and the Spooky Mage Guy deciphering the rest of Supercreatordevil's notes on interdimensional travel, then they will open up a portal. Maybe because they are wroking off some readings they got from Xarty's d-jump, they are linked to the places the Away team goes, or maybe it's just chance, whichever they will get a portal to the city.

Because it's a city, the Head Shifty Guy and his spies will move in. Xavik or Forbite might be in charge of guarding the portal entrance itself, but they won't go out, leaving that to the spies.

Oh most certainly not! I don't like to flat out use my position to negate something without negotiation but that will not be feasible(is that how you spell it).

The machinists should get an episode of downtime I say... however there are plenty of guest characters for you to make should you desire.

Darklord Bright
2009-06-06, 07:53 PM
Can someone make a non-canon mini-comic of a bunch of redshirts at home base getting their hands on a dodgy-looky magazine, going "Is that the commander?" and then getting caught? The rest is up to whoever takes on this task, of course.

BRC
2009-06-06, 07:54 PM
Oh most certainly not! I don't like to flat out use my position to negate something without negotiation but that will not be feasible(is that how you spell it).

The machinists should get an episode of downtime I say... however there are plenty of guest characters for you to make should you desire.
Okay, I was assuming you wanted them involved in chapter two, but if not, that makes my life much easier.

Instead, They will spend the chapter trying to figure out how to create D-Portals for themselves, maybe get into some battles with Slaudor as he tries to steal the technology for himself. Maybe other people will make fiendish characters, or more Machinist commanders, and take part in a little side-plot or somthing. Maybe the Grand Tyrant will order Xavik to put together his own "Away Team" for when they get the portal up and running, so he'll recruit from some designated neutral demon city or somthing.

The possibilities are endless, but they probably won't get their portal up and running until the end of the chapter.

Threeshades
2009-06-06, 07:58 PM
New FFF up. :smallsmile:

Emperor Ing
2009-06-06, 08:01 PM
*reads comic, looks at last panel*
oh god no, please, no. Not that again. :smallannoyed:

X2
2009-06-06, 08:04 PM
I think it's about time for me to sign off but before I do I feel I should disclose some plot details for Episode 2.

The away team materialise in an alley where they are ambushed by SWAT soldiers. Soon enough the person behind it all appears and claims it was for security.

You see this city has an epic wizard who is to Divination what X2 is to Evocation who can predict things extremely far into the future and a certain media organisation has taken that for his own and used it to demolish the opposition.

The away team is invited to a "Greetings Otherworlders" gala where they learn that the city is called Night City in that it is always night time because of a meterological phenomenon. Eco terrorists show up and an obligatory fight breaks out because it turns out they demolished a forest to build the city.

The away team see the reclusive Diviner and it is revealed to X2 that he got his Divination powers the same way X2 got Evocation. After a few hours word gets out that the Diviner was assasinated and the away team is blamed.

Fugitives from the media empire that has sent everything after them the away team slowly piece together X2's dark history. The media CEO attempt to summon the demon to gain the same Divination powers but accidentally looses Diskord on the city.

The ending is yet to be decided. And this is also in the "sandbox" stage and very open to change should people suggest it.

-skimmer-
2009-06-06, 08:12 PM
I think it's about time for me to sign off but before I do I feel I should disclose some plot details for Episode 2.

The away team materialise in an alley where they are ambushed by SWAT soldiers. Soon enough the person behind it all appears and claims it was for security.

You see this city has an epic wizard who is to Divination what X2 is to Evocation who can predict things extremely far into the future and a certain media organisation has taken that for his own and used it to demolish the opposition.

The away team is invited to a "Greetings Otherworlders" gala where they learn that the city is called Night City in that it is always night time because of a meterological phenomenon. Eco terrorists show up and an obligatory fight breaks out because it turns out they demolished a forest to build the city.

The away team see the reclusive Diviner and it is revealed to X2 that he got his Divination powers the same way X2 got Evocation. After a few hours word gets out that the Diviner was assasinated and the away team is blamed.

Fugitives from the media empire that has sent everything after them the away team slowly piece together X2's dark history. The media CEO attempt to summon the demon to gain the same Divination powers but accidentally looses Diskord on the city.

The ending is yet to be decided. And this is also in the "sandbox" stage and very open to change should people suggest it.

Yay, I can practice shading there:smallsmile:

also how can such diviner be so easily assassinated in matter of hours? He looks like someone who can have pernament premotion casted on himself.......

Have you ever seen film "Next" with Nicolas Cage? That's self-explanatory

X2
2009-06-06, 08:39 PM
Yay, I can practice shading there:smallsmile:

also how can such diviner be so easily assassinated in matter of hours? He looks like someone who can have pernament premotion casted on himself.......

Have you ever seen film "Next" with Nicolas Cage? That's self-explanatory

He's killed by the demon who granted him powers...

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-06, 09:02 PM
FFF. This goes AFTER the big boss is defeated.

http://i41.tinypic.com/p408y.png

I just noticed something with my latest comic.

"They've paid my dues....They've paid my sentence"

I accidentally left those two "my"s unchanged to "their"s!

Should I fix this or just leave it the way it is? :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2009-06-06, 09:07 PM

Leave it. It's kinda funny because it sounds like they're taking all the blame for Q's actions. :smalltongue:

X2
2009-06-06, 09:10 PM

Leave as is.

Quick! Have Shadesworth attack Xavik while he's distracted!!

X2
2009-06-06, 09:21 PM
Poster request!

For use in ABR Thread VIII may I suggest a split TJH/FI poster?

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-06-06, 09:34 PM
Don't think we have any rules regarding the first page posters, I assume whoevers making the thread is gonna make it. Not all of the art threads have a poster though. It's usually at the discretion of the thread creator. I wouldn't mind making a new poster though.

(it's SoG's turn to make the art thread, ain't it? Since I beat him to this one at the last second. :3 )

Nonetheless, there's still 6 pages to go. Which is still quite a ways away considering the art thread's pace.

X2
2009-06-06, 09:45 PM
Don't think we have any rules regarding the first page posters, I assume whoevers making the thread is gonna make it. Not all of the art threads have a poster though. It's usually at the discretion of the thread creator. I wouldn't mind making a new poster though.

(it's SoG's turn to make the art thread, ain't it? Since I beat him to this one at the last second. :3 )

Nonetheless, there's still 6 pages to go. Which is still quite a ways away considering the art thread's pace.

We could have a contest, best crossover poster wins a trophy.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-06-06, 09:52 PM
Was that just a general idea, or are you challenging me to a contest? :smalltongue:

X2
2009-06-06, 09:54 PM
Was that just a general idea, or are you challenging me to a contest? :smalltongue:

I wouldn't participate. Everyone who is willing would. Then we'd have a vote.

BRC
2009-06-06, 09:59 PM
Is Q comicing, or should I Make Xavik's response to Sock.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-06-06, 10:00 PM
Well it could work, don't know how many people would be willing to enter though. Seeing as it's a metric ton of work if you don't have the templates for all the characters ready. Because you have to include evvveeeryooonnee, I tried to include all the abr'ers around at the time in that banner. Even the ones who just hung around the discussion thread. It took ages. >.<

That better be one snazzy trophy.

X2
2009-06-06, 10:02 PM
Is Q comicing, or should I Make Xavik's response to Sock.

Yes you should... Withold his smugness... I'm anticipating blowing that guy up a little too much now.

Well it could work, don't know how many people would be willing to enter though. Seeing as it's a metric ton of work if you don't have the templates for all the characters ready. Because you have to include evvveeeryooonnee, I tried to include all the abr'ers around at the time in that banner. Even the ones who just hung around the discussion thread. It took ages. >.<

That better be one snazzy trophy.

If turnout is bad we'll just forget about it.

Threeshades
2009-06-06, 10:07 PM
Not a single comment on my new comic? (except for Rand's mandatory annoyance indulgement :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:)

SinisterPenguin
2009-06-06, 10:09 PM
Not a single comment on my new comic? (except for Rand's mandatory annoyance indulgement :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:)

...I thought it was good.

Not much else to say about it, really. It wrapped up everything nicely.

VampireRot
2009-06-06, 10:21 PM

A panda paladin mount?

I want one.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-06, 10:25 PM
Currently making an epic response comic to DLB's. I have like 4 out of... around 16 probably panels done. Don't expect it to be done until next weekend.

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-07, 12:16 AM
Mechafox, you simply win.

That is all.

chriky
2009-06-07, 04:36 AM
I really ought to make a FFF with Firedrake and Chirky making sure Threeshades is all right, as that is what their oath says they have to do, but I can't do it for two reasons:

1. My computer that has my inkscape files is messing around :smallannoyed:

2. I'm lazy :smallamused:

Grim ranger
2009-06-07, 04:37 AM
I am going to ask for skimmer's awesome talents to make the next episode of FFF, because I
1. Have much lousier art style
2. Do not have templates for all the combatants
3. Would like to see that shining art style of his again

So pretty please and sugar on top, skimmy? :smallsmile:

On another note, I think I will be digging my old plans for TJH villain up from the dusty inkscape log I left them at. Xarty, prepare to get a memo within half a week :smallbiggrin:. On top of that, I will be adding another guy to accompany him, because TJH still misses villain duo :smallbiggrin:

Some first taste of the guys:

http://f.imagehost.org/0431/villanous_duo.png (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0431/villanous_duo)

And no, I am not driving after recurring villain status, though we may see... :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-06-07, 05:10 AM

I keep thinking it's a WoWarcraft reference with the panda mount :smalltongue:

Nameless
2009-06-07, 05:48 AM
*is making the next comic*

-skimmer-
2009-06-07, 06:06 AM
I am going to ask for skimmer's awesome talents to make the next episode of FFF, because I
1. Have much lousier art style
2. Do not have templates for all the combatants
3. Would like to see that shining art style of his again

So pretty please and sugar on top, skimmy? :smallsmile:

Sounds like more work for me:smallsigh::smalltongue:

I'll make the mech's comeback then, which weapons you'll summon afterwards I'll leave to you...

Ninja Chocobo
2009-06-07, 06:16 AM
I still wonder what would happen if you trapped Rand in an EPIC LEVEL anti-magic feild.

He would use his epic-er level powers to break out of it.
I can't remember exactly where but I'm pretty sure a bloody Disjunction had him re-corporating in less than a minute.

Also, all this finishing of 3F has reminded me to wrap up NC's involvement.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-07, 06:27 AM
Being trapped in an Epic Antimagic field might kill me.
Dysjunction wouldnt 1-hit-ko me, but it'd do quite a bit of damage
And during the time i'm restoring myself, i'm quite vulnerable.

chriky
2009-06-07, 06:29 AM
*is making the next comic*

Could you include Chriky and Firedrake, even if they're just in the background.

Nameless
2009-06-07, 06:48 AM
Could you include Chriky and Firedrake, even if they're just in the background.

That would of have been useful info if you told me that before I finished it. :smalltongue:

Feel free to butt yourself in anytime though. :smallbiggrin:

Threeshades
2009-06-07, 10:13 AM
I keep thinking it's a WoWarcraft reference with the panda mount :smalltongue:

I've never seen or heard of a panda mount in WoW.

Mina Kobold
2009-06-07, 10:38 AM
I agree with the idea that magic has gotten weaker in FI (it's a everybody can die plot with resurrection?) I think it would be fun if the resurrection spells brought you back as you died (blood loss can be healed but blown to pieces can't)

@Xart: Can Moss loose his arm in his TPKO? It would be fun to get him a mechanical one (it gives a reason for staying from the next jump too:smallbiggrin:)

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 10:51 AM
I agree with the idea that magic has gotten weaker in FI (it's a everybody can die plot with resurrection?) I think it would be fun if the resurrection spells brought you back as you died (blood loss can be healed but blown to pieces can't)

Well, I think that arcane magic should remain mostly the same, but I have a nice way to diminish divine magic: the Sovices go to the Afterlife and kill a lot of gods. A lot.

So people can't be resurrected any more unless the body is fully intact (making death more permanent), magic healing is a lot weaker (making people more Bad Ass™ when they shrug off damage), and food can't be summoned (forcing the resistance to ration food and steal it from others).

It also explains why the gods just don't appear in Avbaroy and smite the Sovices.

Mina Kobold
2009-06-07, 10:56 AM
Well, I think that arcane magic should remain mostly the same, but I have a nice way to diminish divine magic: the Sovices go to the Afterlife and kill a lot of gods. A lot.

So people can't be resurrected any more unless the body is fully intact (making death more permanent), magic healing is a lot weaker (making people more Bad Ass™ when they shrug off damage), and food can't be summoned (forcing the resistance to ration food and steal it from others).

It also explains why the gods just don't appear in Avbaroy and smite the Sovices.

What if you miss an arm or something? (could survive it) wouldn't that make it not fully intact? I say that you can give people the time between the cause of death till death or up to a certain time (loosing blood wouldn't have an actual cause of death time but other stuff has) and then you got that time to be healed (some stuff can't of course)

Lyinginbedmon
2009-06-07, 11:00 AM
I was remembering it a little off, it's a polar bear mount (http://wow.incgamers.com/images/uploads/Polar_Bear2.jpg). You could get them from Blizzcon I think and they even come complete with the merlock hood ornament :smalltongue:

And the gods don't interfere with mortal affairs on a scale beyond the individual, destroying the Sovices on Avbaroy would amount to significantly more. The Sovice gods differ on that point because they aren't technically divine.

Exactly why they restrict their actions on the mortal plane is another matter, personally I think it's either a case of "teach a man to fish" or "if they don't 100% think you'll do their every whim, they won't bug you for everything".

The reason for the lower availability in FI could be as simple as the reason for it in Remember: Resurrection of any significant calibre requires a lot of power, that not a lot of people have. Lying could resurrect you, for example, but he's presently engaged in being insane. It's more an issue of manpower than anything else.

Grim ranger
2009-06-07, 11:04 AM

Sovices killing gods seems bit overdone way to promote villains... I think that if you want a way to diminish the divine magic, the easiest way is to say that in FI the gods are losing their workshippers rather quickly, which would be plausible excuse for lessening of divine magic's effect

Also, if sovices started to kill gods, wouldn't some more power-hungry types follow suits and declare themselves gods? Would there not be revolts across the globe from the faithful for killing off their gods? That would cause a lot of chaos, not good for UNA

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 11:25 AM
I was remembering it a little off, it's a polar bear mount (http://wow.incgamers.com/images/uploads/Polar_Bear2.jpg). You could get them from Blizzcon I think and they even come complete with the merlock hood ornament :smalltongue:

And the gods don't interfere with mortal affairs on a scale beyond the individual, destroying the Sovices on Avbaroy would amount to significantly more. The Sovice gods differ on that point because they aren't technically divine.

Exactly why they restrict their actions on the mortal plane is another matter, personally I think it's either a case of "teach a man to fish" or "if they don't 100% think you'll do their every whim, they won't bug you for everything".

The reason for the lower availability in FI could be as simple as the reason for it in Remember: Resurrection of any significant calibre requires a lot of power, that not a lot of people have. Lying could resurrect you, for example, but he's presently engaged in being insane. It's more an issue of manpower than anything else.

Yes, but the gods we know only have the planet of Avbaroy. The Sovices are taking a lot of their worshippers from them, and that's very unpleasant for a deity. If they weren't killed, they'll send their servants to restore the Status Quo. My idea prevents that.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-06-07, 11:33 AM
Who's to say they don't send their worshippers?

Then again, where have we said that the Sovices are converting people to their gods?

memnarch
2009-06-07, 11:38 AM

Personally, I think that's the best reason more than anything.

As for not having resurrections anymore, that spell really hasn't been used in FFF has it? (except 3S near the end)

Mina Kobold
2009-06-07, 11:42 AM

I support this idea:smallsmile:
@Mem: Keveak has been brought back to life.

-skimmer-
2009-06-07, 12:01 PM

So, Sovices are hunting gods? Well, what would hypotheticaly happen to somebody from mortal plane who hides a little god in a pocket? Just hypotheticaly

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-07, 12:23 PM
So the resistance, in not being taken down, are stronger than gods.

WTF.

VampireRot
2009-06-07, 12:43 PM

WTF.

Well, it's easy to hide a small group of people. Divine beings of incredible might? Not so much.

Mina Kobold
2009-06-07, 12:53 PM

WTF.

Are you kidding? Gods can't hide from anything. Gods are divine which we aren't too so maybe the big god killing gun is only able to kill divine beings.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-06-07, 12:58 PM
The Sovices could probably kill gods but they currently have no issue with any but their own. The only ones they have problems with are the ones with absolute causal knowledge, though that's a storyline for much later on.

And divine beings, being divine and all, generally know when someone's looking for them, and either plan accordingly or flee appropriately. I think it'd be much easier to wipe the resistance off the map rather than kill a god.

But I'm still a proponent of the "Gods don't get personally involved on large scale events" and "Sovices are restructuring government not religion" concepts.

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 01:07 PM
The Sovices could probably kill gods but they currently have no issue with any but their own. The only ones they have problems with are the ones with absolute causal knowledge, though that's a storyline for much later on.

And divine beings, being divine and all, generally know when someone's looking for them, and either plan accordingly or flee appropriately. I think it'd be much easier to wipe the resistance off the map rather than kill a god.

But I'm still a proponent of the "Gods don't get personally involved on large scale events" and "Sovices are restructuring government not religion" concepts.

Hum... I understand your point, I'll drop the part about Sovices killing gods. But still, I believe that this scale of event should prompt gods to intervene. Do you mind if some agent of the Sovices create a spell preventing Astral Cloud/Avbaroy travel ?

Szilard
2009-06-07, 01:10 PM
Wow, the last couple comics have been amazing.

Mina Kobold
2009-06-07, 01:31 PM
Hum... I understand your point, I'll drop the part about Sovices killing gods. But still, I believe that this scale of event should prompt gods to intervene. Do you mind if some agent of the Sovices create a spell preventing Astral Cloud/Avbaroy travel ?

Gods don't think like us, they might think we need to use their power less and don't care how that affect politics (they have seen civilizations come and go)

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 01:35 PM
Gods don't think like us, they might think we need to use their power less and don't care how that affect politics (they have seen civilizations come and go)

Yes, but the Sovices have the potential to destroy Avbaroy, and without that planet the gods are nothing. So if they weren't hampered by the Sovices, they would recognise that they need to do something.

Mina Kobold
2009-06-07, 01:43 PM
Yes, but the Sovices have the potential to destroy Avbaroy, and without that planet the gods are nothing. So if they weren't hampered by the Sovices, they would recognise that they need to do something.

That has never got them to interfere before, maybe they want to see whether or not the Sovice will do that (or they have a deal with the original gods not to interfere too much)

Kazul
2009-06-07, 01:47 PM

I actually think "killing" gods the way used for example in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogfather (Hogfather) by Terry Pratchett

making people believe they don't exist at all

is much more possible, even though the word of Avbaroy is full of magic. Considering how good the Sovices are at propaganda etc. Of course, they may just combine the methods.

Mina Kobold
2009-06-07, 01:56 PM
I actually think "killing" gods the way used for example in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogfather (Hogfather) by Terry Pratchett

making people believe they don't exist at all

is much more possible, even though the word of Avbaroy is full of magic. Considering how good the Sovices are at propaganda etc. Of course, they may just combine the methods.

Actually arcane magic would make it easier to do that
divine magic could just be a type of arcane, there's very little way to disprove it

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-07, 02:30 PM
Pretty much by definition, gods should be omnipotent, which implies omniscience as well- they'd easily be able to see our thoughts and understand us. I'm not going to compare it to modern religion, as I'll probably get swept away and this may result in a flame war, but gods wouldn't need to test people or experience their body themselves, since they would immediately understand them granted omnipotence.

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 02:53 PM
Pretty much by definition, gods should be omnipotent, which implies omniscience as well- they'd easily be able to see our thoughts and understand us. I'm not going to compare it to modern religion, as I'll probably get swept away and this may result in a flame war, but gods wouldn't need to test people or experience their body themselves, since they would immediately understand them granted omnipotence.

We are talking about Avbaroy gods, who are ascended mortal and are powerful, but far from omnipotent or omniscient. Think more Greek Gods and less Christian God.

The non-ascended gods (like the omnipotent Overdeity), on the other hand, don't interfere with Avbaroy.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-06-07, 03:07 PM
A pivotal part of what we're basically assuming here is that gods, who are interplanar super powerful beings, are only getting followers from one planet.

Now, maybe they do think differently to me on my mere mortal mindscape, but if I knew there were species on other planets, I might look to getting followers from a bunch of them, rather than just the one. Partially for this very reason: follower redundancy :smalltongue:

Then again, perhaps the Sovices are proselytising their gods over the others worshipped on Avbaroy, in which case the power of those gods would wane. And if indeed Avbaroy is their only worshipper pool, their power would decrease proportionately.

So maybe now they're actually incapable of getting rid of the Sovices.

Whatever the reason, the gods haven't intervened. We don't really need to explain why not given the multitude of possible reasons and their various applicabilities to different characters. Maybe everyone just has their own theory.

For example, Lying certainly has his theory. He's been getting the odd chat with Arcanon (Presently under Boccob's employ) since 897 AC, and knows that he can't interfere because of, in Arcanon's words, "divine-mortal separation". Meaning, there's an established separation between the two realms that, as far as Lying is concerned, is why the gods haven't intervened.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-07, 03:28 PM
I have a reason, but I highly doubt you'd wanna hear it. :smallannoyed:

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 03:29 PM
A pivotal part of what we're basically assuming here is that gods, who are interplanar super powerful beings, are only getting followers from one planet.

Now, maybe they do think differently to me on my mere mortal mindscape, but if I knew there were species on other planets, I might look to getting followers from a bunch of them, rather than just the one. Partially for this very reason: follower redundancy :smalltongue:

I agree with your reasoning, but the aliens out there are not simply humans with funny foreheads. They probably don't think like us, if they even think and are more than simple micro-organisms or animal-like creatures. The desire to worship something bigger than us is entirely human and has appeared very recently in our evolutionary history. And even if the alien thought like us and worshipped deities, they wouldn't worship the human-ascended gods, but their own.

And how would the gods obtain worshippers if they weren't able to intervene in our universe ? My idea is that the creator(s) of the religion becomes the god(s) of that religion, but what's yours ?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-06-07, 03:33 PM
And how would the gods obtain worshippers if they weren't able to intervene in our universe ? My idea is that the creator(s) of the religion becomes the god(s) of that religion, but what's yours ?

Burning bushes in the desert.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-07, 03:34 PM
I always assume all sentient creatures think alike. They may have different languages, may be smarter, stupider, better orchestrater of words, or whatever, but in the end, I believe they're all simply human (relatively speaking) and are prone to the same mistakes. All desire to better themselves individually and the masses can be controlled through a single unifying force which is often times Religion.

Anyways, my idea is the reason they don't intervene, even though they could...it would cause dependency on the part of their worshippers. If a Diety failed to deliver what was expected of them, boom happens. :smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 03:39 PM
Burning bushes in the desert.

So they do interfere. If they can burn bushes (a living being), they could burn Ins (a living being) !

^You are awfully anthropocentric, Randomizer. I don't believe animals think that way.

Emperor Ing
2009-06-07, 03:45 PM
^You are awfully anthropocentric, Randomizer. I don't believe animals think that way.

Neither do I, in fact.

I always assume all SENTIENT creatures think alike. They may have different languages

VampireRot
2009-06-07, 03:47 PM
So they do interfere. If they can burn bushes (a living being), they could burn Ins (a living being) !

But there is a difference between the bush and Ins. I know they're both living, but people don't usually veiw plants in the same way as animals. Only a druid or ranger would be bothered by the burning of the bush, but Ins. is a major figure in Avbaroy's civilisation. The god's definition of "interfering" isn't not touching anything, it's just not solving people's problems for them. Sure, they can help a little bit, but not much.

T-O-E
2009-06-07, 03:50 PM

Maybe they can influence the minds of mortals (with a lot of effort?), but can't actually change reality. So they can make people THINK the bush is burning, but can't actually burn it.

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 03:52 PM
^^The gods could burn the bush that Ins is walking over.
^That's just too convoluted.

Neither do I, in fact.

Sentient = is able to feel. Animals are able to feel and they don't think like that.

VampireRot
2009-06-07, 03:53 PM
^^The gods could burn the bush that Ins is walking over.

Now you're just being silly. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-06-07, 03:54 PM
Intelligent. Whatever.

And Dictionary.Com says i'm right. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sentient)

SinisterPenguin
Neither do I, in fact.

I believe the word you're looking for is sapient, not sentient.

Mad Mask
Now you're just being silly. :smalltongue:

If the only thing I could do was burn bushes, I'll try to use my power creatively. :smallwink:

Intelligent. Whatever.

And Dictionary.Com says i'm right. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sentient)

Actually, the dictionary says the contrary. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2009-06-07, 03:58 PM
If the only thing I could do was burn bushes, I'll try to use my power creatively. :smallwink:

All hail Mad Mask! God of burning bushes! Worship him, or he shall burn away our harvest!

Emperor Ing
2009-06-07, 03:59 PM
Actually, the dictionary says the contrary. :smalltongue:

sen⋅tient [sen-shuhnt]
–adjective
1. having the power of perception by the senses; conscious.
2. characterized by sensation and consciousness.

–noun
3. a person or thing that is sentient.
4. Archaic. the conscious mind.

Not really. :smalltongue:
If you want to argue vocabulary, i'm assuming my analysis of [sapient, intelligent, conscious] creatures and the way they think is correct, as well as my theory about why the Gods dont interfere.

VampireRot
2009-06-07, 04:02 PM
If you want to argue vocabulary, i'm assuming my analysis of [sapient, intelligent, conscious] creatures and the way they think is correct, as well as my theory about why the Gods dont interfere.

Do not invoke Mad Mask's wrath! He will burn bushes in such a strategic manner that you will meet your doom from a plunger-weilding rodent wearing a hat! BEWARE!

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 04:04 PM

Your idea is correct, in my opinion. But a smart god should know that if he doesn't kill Ins, it's going to turn really bad for him and the rest of the pantheon. He could manipulate reality so that it looks like an accident, hence his followers won't grow dependent on him.

That's why some way of reducing the power of the gods, perhaps a combination of both a planar travel reducing spell and Kazul's method, is necessary.

^:smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2009-06-07, 04:08 PM
Last time it turned 'really bad' for the Pantheon, a Supergod nearly drove the Gods to extinction.

And i'm going to develop more on the Ancient Pantheon and the last time things went 'really bad' for the Panthen in WTwU (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3734110), if you haven't gotten the idea already how the 'really bad' scenario is going to turn out. :smalltongue: [/shamelessplugin]

Lyinginbedmon
2009-06-07, 04:09 PM
Perhaps consider this another way.

Ins or the person near the bush could conceivably start worshipping a given deity, but the bush couldn't. And either way, burning the bush (The example of which is drawn from the bible during the leading of the Jews from Egypt) affected only one person.

The fact that that one person (Moses) went on to lead the Jews from Egypt at God's command shows this to be a viable storyline hook.

Additionally, God speaks to Moses at least twice (I'm not that big a reader of the bible), and we already have seen a servant of Boccob talking to Lying.

So, they're able to influence a select few people and alter events that could have happened otherwise to occur at a slightly more fortiutous time. But they can't personally lay waste to an entire species from a planet.

The "Great Flood" for example, of Noah. A large ice dam breaking caused a flood that flash-carved the Grand Canyon (I doubt the flood ever happened but there's evidence for this flash-carving). Sure, it killed everything inside the existing canyon that didn't have a boat or high ground, but that dam could conceivably have held out for a little longer and Noah's ark would have been beset by folks thinking him all sorts of nasty things.

We're going to start wandering around in circles now, so I'll return to my original conclusion: We've got lots of potential reasons for why the gods haven't intervened with the UNA and the Sovices on Avbaroy, but the opportunities for our best storytelling lie with resources, manpower, and there being no clear decisive answer to their absence.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 04:09 PM
*pokes head into thread*

*risks being yelled at Xartyve2 for not making new TJH comic*

I have made a new character for FI. I wish to know what you all think of him.

He may seem like a silly character at first glance, but he's not actually supposed to be silly.

The "Sultan" of Avbaroy
http://i43.tinypic.com/jszjp3.png

A mentally ill homeless person who works for neither ALF nor UNA. He believes he is the ruler of Avbaroy, but he doesn't boss people around. Due to the fact that people humor and patronize him, and that his real name is unknown, he is known only as "The Sultan", "Your Highness" or "Your Majesty". He holds no real power though.

He is an incredibly nice person, though. He respects the Resistance and helps them whenever he can, but also respects the UNA and doesn't break the law. Due to the fact he doesn't break the law and isn't technically a part of the Resistance, he isn't wanted by the UNA like the rest are. As long as it doesn't break the law, the Sultan will help the Resistance using his unwanted status (such as bringing the resistance food as long as they give him the money and share some with him). He also knows a lot of gossip around the city, and can get information very easily. How exactly is a mystery.

His main concern is for Avbaroy, "his" planet, so he may "bend the rules" to help ALF if they convince him that Avbaroy is in danger. Dispite mental illness, he is clever and intelligent. He also has a dark, mysterious past as well as a dark secret. Because who doesn't have a dark secret these days?

I have also made some artwork for Nath Bortak, whom I plan to have return in FI. Made completely by me, breaking the proud tradition of making him a recolour of Bowser.

http://i41.tinypic.com/210da1i.png

T-O-E
2009-06-07, 04:17 PM
The "Sultan" of Avbaroy

I got a strong "Emperor Norton" vibe from him.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 04:18 PM
I got a strong "Emperor Norton" vibe from him.

That's who I loosely based him on, actually. :smallredface:

Szilard
2009-06-07, 04:28 PM
*pokes head into thread*

*risks being yelled at Xartyve2 for not making new TJH comic*

I have made a new character for FI. I wish to know what you all think of him.

He may seem like a silly character at first glance, but he's not actually supposed to be silly.

The "Sultan" of Avbaroy
http://i43.tinypic.com/jszjp3.png

My very first non Q, non Distantous character. A mentally ill homeless person who works for neither ALF nor UNA. He believes he is the ruler of Avbaroy, but he doesn't boss people around. Due to the fact that people humor and patronize him, and that his real name is unknown, he is known only as "The Sultan", "Your Highness" or "Your Majesty". He holds no real power though.

He is an incredibly nice person, though. He respects the Resistance and helps them whenever he can, but also respects the UNA and doesn't brake the law. Due to the fact he doesn't brake the law and isn't technically a part of the Resistance, he isn't wanted by the UNA like the rest are. As long as it doesn't brake the law, the Sultan will help the Resistance using his unwanted status (such as bringing the resistance food as long as they give him the money and share some with him). He also knows a lot of gossip around the city, and can get information very easily. How exactly is a mystery.

His main concern is for Avbaroy, "his" planet, so he may "bend the rules" to help ALF if they convince him that Avbaroy is in danger. Dispite mental illness, he is clever and intelligent. He also has a dark, mysterious past as well as a dark secret. Because who doesn't have a dark secret these days?

I have also made some artwork for Nath Bortak, whom I plan to have return in FI. Made completely by me, breaking the proud tradition of making him a recolour of Bowser.

http://i41.tinypic.com/210da1i.png

Whenever you used the word brake, it should have been break.
Sorry, but it got annoying after the third time.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 04:30 PM
Whenever you used the word brake, it should have been break.
Sorry, but it got annoying after the third time.

Whoops. I'll fix it. :smallredface:

But other then that, what does everybody think of my new character?

X2
2009-06-07, 04:30 PM
@Xart: Can Moss loose his arm in his TPKO? It would be fun to get him a mechanical one (it gives a reason for staying from the next jump too:smallbiggrin:)

Sure! If you like.

Szilard
2009-06-07, 04:32 PM

It's an awesome character, and if there was someone like that in real life, it'd be cool.

X2
2009-06-07, 04:34 PM
Whoops. I'll fix it. :smallredface:

Neat! Also... Shadesworth is a non-Q.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 04:39 PM
It's an awesome character, and if there was someone like that in real life, it'd be cool.

Great. There was something like that in real life, though. Emperor Norton, the Emperor of the United States.

I almost called my character "The Emperor of Avbaroy", but I thought Rand might not like that. :smalltongue:

Neat! Also... Shadesworth is a non-Q.

...You're right!

Plus, Shadesworth wasn't the first non Q, non Distantous character I've created of ABR either. My Plot 3 character, Captain Grazslid, is.

Okay, so the Sultan is the third.

Falgorn
2009-06-07, 04:39 PM
Back from New York City! :smallbiggrin:

X2
2009-06-07, 04:42 PM
Back from New York City! :smallbiggrin:

Oh Falgorns back... :smallannoyed:

I mean: Oh! Falgorns back! :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2009-06-07, 04:44 PM
And my F1 Characters

Rand

He plays sort of an Overseer role, making sure the world does not crumble into complete annihilation. He, however, is very protective of the region known as the 'Eternal Ruins' and is rumored to be the reason behind the complete annihilation of the towns and cities trying to be built in the area for reasons unknown. He will occasionally leave the region to explore what the world has come to, or to put an end to apocalypse scenarios personally.

Affiliation: Resistance, but not an offical member.

Archduke Obadias Arasque

The last of an extinct race, or at least a race he believes to be extinct, Archduke Arasque is a Tarrasque who has lived underground for his own protection since the Mage Wars, and is still in possession of some functioning 4th era technology. How he has survived all this time is still under question. His emergence is quite a mystery. He speaks fluent Common, which is not a common traits of his kind.

He wears a top hat, and a heavily enchanted monocle. The enchantment is obvious in the last bead on the gold chain which radiates powerful purple magic, and levitates in the air. It's also possibly the reason why he is only Large sized as well.

Affiliation: None

T-O-E
2009-06-07, 04:46 PM
Now I want to make an FI character...

The Gremlin
2009-06-07, 05:04 PM
You did not post this actually, but what role? Recurring Villain? If so I have bad news :smallfrown:...
Yes, he did post it. I remember.

In my mind, I imagined it as the prime material plane actually. The "alternative Avboray" thing is that the demons, devils, and daemons teamed up and took over.

Impossible. A common assumption is that 'evil is attracted to evil and good is attracted to good'. As in, good people will work with good people and evil people will work with evil people.
The good one isn't quite as unlikely, but evil is completely wrong. Alignments are temperaments. Two people who, say, have bad tempers probably won't get along. Ever hear the saying 'If we were to meet ourselves, we'd hate each other'. Or 'You are your own worst enemy'. 'Evil turns on itself'. An evil twin may only be evil because he is just like you, and so you are opposites.
Anyways, back to the topic, demons hate devils. Daemons/Yugoloths don't really care, as mercenaries, but devils and demons never get along. They get along about as well as slaad and inevitables.
Not to mention that demons hate each other. Ignoring their constant rivalries (devils have them too, but less open, being lawful), there are many types of demons (Tanar'ri, Obyrith, Loumara)and not one of them tolerates the other. Not even demons alone could unite, let alone demons and devils. The Yugoloths would probably side with whoever paid teh most.
Clearly, we are seeing devils in charge, with perhaps some demons taking small parts without the angels and archons to intervene. The Yugoloths were probably promised a large portion, too. But they would all never work together.

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-07, 05:05 PM
Damn, I lost my submission for the Raging Flame :(

Shoulda put it on the wiki...

EDIT: Thank you, Post Search!

Here's my application. I spoilered it because it is very long.
Kr'klk S'kl'k'kk "The Raging Flame"
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/TiredNDrowzy/Thri-kreen2.png
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/TiredNDrowzy/Thri-kreen-5.png
Notable Characteristics: The Raging Flame, as the resistance has taken to calling him, has a very hard time communicating verbally with others. Instead, he tends to communicate with thought. Although he knows how to speak their language, he is physically incapable of doing so. His mind has been trained by his tribe's shaman, and he has learned very quickly. At the young age of four, The Raging Flame is capable of bending reality at will. The dark green carapace surrounding his body is naturally there; it is his body's outer shell. The dark orange plates were originally the same color of green, but he colored them in a thri-kreen ritual, marking him as a firemind. His physical voice is high pitched, and made up of shrill clicks and hisses. His mental voice does not actually exist, and thus has no voice. It exists entirely in concept.

Personality: The Raging Flame has a hard time understanding people. Despite his young age, he acts very mature, although his standards are different. He feels no remorse for killing those he does not understand, and he fights for what he feels is right. He does not generally rush to conclusions, but the actions he does take are considered by others to be very rash, though he does generally think hard about doing them. He never feels sad, for he feels that it is better to move on, and nothing can be achieved by grieving.

Background:
-Part One: Firemind
The Raging Flame was born and raised in the S'kl'k'kk Thri-Kreen clan in the softwind desert. Among his hundreds of hatchery-kin, The Raging Flame was the only with the mental capabilities and organization of a firemind. At the age of sixteen months, he was taken in by the great shaman to begin his training. The firemind training is normally a very long and arduous path, but The Raging Flame was able to grasp even the most mind-boggling concepts with ease. When he was twenty months old, he overpowered the shaman during his training, though he was only half way through his full training. He finished his training within the next month, and he was able to participate in the branding ritual along with a much older age group. Although The Raging Flame asked the great shaman to be his replacement, he was turned down, for his mind was not as others, and he could endanger the other potential fireminds. In his rage, The Raging Flame attacked the shaman, killing him on the spot. Although among his tribe this made him the new shaman, he quickly saw the error in his ways, and understood why he could not become the shaman. Although he was brilliant, he was not wise enough to teach others. In shame, he fled the village, and ran through the desert for days.

-Part Two: The Sovice Platoon
Eventually, he found the edge of the desert. He had never known there was anything past the desert, for his tribe was stationary. Amazed, he took his firsts steps out of the desert, and was quickly overcome by the moisture and plantlife. His power began to diminish, for he was losing contact with his motherland. His shame, however, kept him moving. After many more days of travel, he came across a Sovice platoon. They began to speak words The Raging Flame did not understand. Confused, he attempted to communicate. However, one of the hastier troops soon attacked him, and The Raging Flame fought through the entire platoon, burning them from the inside out, and dropping others still by overwhelming them mentally. When he had dispatched the platoon, he continued on his way, unsure of where he was headed. Soon, a storm began to brew. Amidst the rain, The Raging Flame was lost. He began to wander aimlessly, unsure of where he was headed. When the storm ended, he knew not where he was, nor where he was traveling.

-Part Three: The City and the Scholar
The Raging Flame was attacked by several other Sovice platoons over the next few months, and he soon found himself traveling towards a strange cluster of steel and brick. It was a city, but the Raging Flame had never encountered anything of the sort. When he arrived at the gates, he and the guards were both utterly confused. This time, The Raging Flame made no actions to attack, and he planned to flee if they showed any signs of hostility. After about a half an hour of digging through their manuals and books, the guards learned what he was. Luckily for the guards, according to their records, there was a scholar currently researching the patterns of the Thri-Kreen life in the Softwind Desert. The scholar arrived several hours later, and he knew how to communicate with The Raging Flame. When the scholar had learned of the fate that had befallen him, he decided to ask the Sovice to spare the creature from their relentless attacks. The man never returned. The guards quickly apprehended The Raging Flame after setting up an antimagic field, and they took him to a helicopter bound for the Softwind Desert.

-Part Four: Left to Die
They landed him in the middle of nowhere, sending him off. However, as the helicopter took off again, it was quickly shot down by a rusty, make-shift Resistance Vehicle several thousand feet off. The Raging Flame didn't understand much, but he did understand that the enemy of an enemy is a friend. He quickly ran towards the vehicle. When he arrived, the Resistance began to inspect him. He was wearing antimagic shackles bearing the mark of the Sovice. Clearly, he was not their ally. Luckily for The Raging Flame, one of the people riding in the vehicle was a knowledgeable magus, and he was able to delve into the thoughts and memories of The Raging Flame, and even have a conversation inside his head. Clearly, this being was alien, yet also brilliant.

-Part Five: Vengeance
After several minutes of conversation, they were interrupted by a far-off explosion. They quickly hurried towards it, and The Raging Flame recognized the site. It was where he had grown up; his village. And it was being bombed by the Sovice. Many of The Raging Flame's kin were captured and hauled away; many others were mercilessly slaughtered. Clearly they saw the Thri-Kreen as a threat to them. The magus began to explain to The Raging Flame the goals of the resistance, and he knew that this being would make a valuable ally to them. He was not just fighting to bring down the oppressive government. He was fighting to avenge his comrades.

-Part Six: The Resistance
The Raging Flame did not speak much in the rest of the trip, and he was quickly brought to the Resistance's headquarters. He began his military training, and the magus quickly taught him different uses of magic and telepathy. After another month of training, The Raging Flame learned the language of the humans, and he also learned to communicate it through his mind. He further refined his powers, and began to fight for the resistance. He quickly became known as The Raging Flame among the resistance. He fought diligently for the resistance for the next few years, and quickly ascended the ranks. He now resides as a military head of special forces.

Powers/Abilities: The Raging Flame is based loosely on the Soulknife and Pyrokineticist class from the Expanded Psionics Handbook. He can conjure two flaming whips and two mindblades at will, and his fire can burn through even the toughest of steel. He can enter the minds of willing others, or forcefully read the minds of those unwilling. With focus, he can also crush the minds of the weak-willed.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 05:19 PM

With that logic, Humans of different races will never, ever be able to work with each toher.

I think it's only unlikely that two backstabbers will work together, because they'd constantly back stab each other. Evil, good, whatever will be able to work with each other just fine if given the right motivation. Devils, Deamons and Demons can work with each other all the same too if given the right motivation.

Demons, like Humans I would imagine, are individuals. Some of them might have the capacity to work with each other.

The Gremlin
2009-06-07, 05:20 PM
I would make a comic to counter Vamp's, and show support for Rand, but I'm too lazy.
/\Demons are creatures of chaos and wrath. They hate devils, and wouldn't want to work with them. More importantly, they lack the capacity to work together and all agree on one course of action.
When I said 'impossible' I mean impossible for creatures of pure evil to work together. Humans are simply unlikely. Good people just have no special motivation to work together, and evil people, as you said, will be unwilling to work together unless necessary. And demons are also chaotic.
Daemons don't care either way, as long as they get paid.
Even if the demons, devils, and Yugoloths managed to work together to take over, they soon would have turned on each other, and the devils, with greater grasps of tactics, the ability to do paperwork, and greater organization, would win. Especially since they would have been able to make alliances with the Yugoloths (see 'paperwork').

X2
2009-06-07, 05:24 PM
Ugh! You guys talk so much I can hardly hear myself think... :smallamused:

The Gremlin
2009-06-07, 05:25 PM

Well, you'd need the ears of a bat for that. :smallamused:
Personally, I'm surprised you can do it even when everything's quiet.

X2
2009-06-07, 05:27 PM
Well, you'd need the ears of a bat for that. :smallamused:
Personally, I'm surprised you can do it even when everything's quiet.

Since we are unfamiliar with sarcasm, I will close this discussion at this time.

BRC
2009-06-07, 05:28 PM
You're not missing much then.

Sorry, but I just thought that up, and it was too good to resist using.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-06-07, 05:29 PM
The enchantment is obvious in the last bead on the gold chain which radiates powerful purple magic, and levitates in the air. It's also possibly the reason why he is only Large sized as well.

So...purple magic stunts your growth?

Green-Shirt Q

This all assuming we're using the D&D definition of devils and demons.

In our work of fiction, however, we can do whatever we want. Devils and demons may share the exact same views.

The Gremlin
Gee, sarcasm? Don't be silly! There's no sarcasm here!

X2
2009-06-07, 05:30 PM
You're not missing much then.

Sorry, but I just thought that up, and it was too good to resist using.

You know. In the post episode wrap up I was gonna nominate you as Episodes Best Artist. But I think Skimmer is a better artist now.

The Gremlin
2009-06-07, 05:30 PM
This all assuming we're using the D&D definition of devils and demons.

In our work of fiction, however, we can do whatever we want. Devils and demons may share the exact same views.

But one is chaotic and the other is lawful. Evil doesn't matter, they aren't gonna get along. Evil doesn't make friends, and I object to any ideas that it will.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 05:32 PM
But one is chaotic and the other is lawful. Evil doesn't matter, they aren't gonna get along. Evil doesn't make friends, and I object to any ideas that it will.

First of all, in our work of fiction, they might not be lawful and choatic. They might be both lawful.

So you're saying that evil absolutely cannot work with each other at all? So I suppose Nazis didn't exist, then? They worked together and they were pretty bad if I recall correctly.

T-O-E
2009-06-07, 05:34 PM

Not everyone who's evil (in a D&D sense) kicks puppies and plots to blow up the moon.

The Gremlin
2009-06-07, 05:34 PM
First of all, in our work of fiction, they might not be lawful and choatic. They might be both lawful.

So you're saying that evil absolutely cannot work with eachother at all? SO I suppose Nazis didn't even exist?

Arg! No! They were on the same side! They were Lawful! You're ignoring what I say!
And I still object to making them both lawful. That's too boring.
/\ARG!!! That's what I'm saying! Evil people don't always agree! And 'evil' refers to creatures of evil, not people who are evil! Creatures of evil are likely to destroy things because they enjoy it (though usually not if it inconveniences them), but evil people have a reason for being evil.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 05:36 PM
Arg! No! They were on the same side! They were Lawful! You're ignoring what I say!
And I still object to making them both lawful. That's too boring.

You can object all you want, but if the majority of this collabrative comic wishes them to be on the same side then your views don't really matter.

BRC
2009-06-07, 05:36 PM
So essentially, the entire concept of the Machinists dosn't work. They are all very evil, and they get along with each other just fine.

By you're argument as I understand it, no two evil beings, no matter the circumstances, will be able to work together for any length of time.
Obviously, I misunderstand your argument, please clarify.

The Gremlin
2009-06-07, 05:38 PM
So essentially, the entire concept of the Machinists dosn't work. They are all very evil, and they get along with each other just fine.

By you're argument as I understand it, no two evil beings, no matter the circumstances, will be able to work together for any length of time.
Obviously, I misunderstand your argument, please clarify.

*Horrible headache brought on by being overly argumentative*
You have. The Machinists are part of the same cause, and are (I assume)all lawful, since they seem to be pretty well structured.
And I never, ever, in the history of this game said that no two evil beings will never get along.

Mad Mask
2009-06-07, 05:39 PM

Most importantly, they are not controlled by their alignment. Chaos, Evil, Good, Law, these are just the names of the side. Each individual in one side is a lot different from an another.

It's quite possible that demons and devils allied. To look at history: the United States and the Soviet Union were pretty much enemies and opposites, right ? But in the right time, they did ally to destroy the Nazis & co.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 05:39 PM
And I never, ever, in the history of this game said that no two evil beings will never get along.

Evil doesn't matter, they aren't gonna get along. Evil doesn't make friends, and I object to any ideas that it will.

The Gremlin
2009-06-07, 05:42 PM

Evil beings, not evil as in 'pure' evil, see...um...well, you see, the point is...
...I'm an idiot. There, the argument has been solved.
I take back my last comment there, I bungled it. I meant to say 'evil doesn't get along', but instead I said stupid things.
*Hits head against wall*

It's quite possible that demons and devils allied. To look at history: the United States and the Soviet Union were pretty much enemies and opposites, right ? But in the right time, they did ally to destroy the Nazis & co.Yeah, but they are both lawful, mostly. As did they really join together, or did they just not attack the other and attack the same guy? I suck at history.

BRC
2009-06-07, 05:43 PM
I think I see the source of all this confusion. This statement

The implication is that Evil is incapable of ever befriending anybody. I think what gremlin is saying is more like this

But one is chaotic and the other is lawful. Evil doesn't matter, they aren't gonna get along. Evil does not forgive, and I object to any ideas that it will.
The Chaotic demons and the Lawful devils hate each other, and neither will forgive the other enough for any alliance to occur. We took his origional statement to mean "Demons and Devils will never work together because they are evil", but what he meant was "Demons and Devils will never work together because one is lawful and the other chaotic, and they are too evil to put that aside for a common cause"

The Gremlin
2009-06-07, 05:49 PM
I think I see the source of all this confusion. This statement

The implication is that Evil is incapable of ever befriending anybody. I think what gremlin is saying is more like this

The Chaotic demons and the Lawful devils hate each other, and neither will forgive the other enough for any alliance to occur. We took his origional statement to mean "Demons and Devils will never work together because they are evil", but what he meant was "Demons and Devils will never work together because one is lawful and the other chaotic, and they are too evil to put that aside for a common cause"
Thank the gods. Thank you, BRC.
I would also like to say this: When I said 'evil doesn't make friends', I also meant 'evil generally doesn't make friends with evil, because they rarely get along'. After all, would you get along with yourself?
Please think of Asmodeous, in the Pathfinder campaign Setting. most of you probably haven't heard of it before, so here's a quick explanation:
There is a horrible killing machine coming to kill everything. It is a creature of pure death and malice, the epitome of chaos and evil. Is Asmodeous, a devil ascended to a god, Lawful Evil, going to side with it? No, because he is Lawful, despite being evil as well. Of course, he also doesn't want to die. He ends up, instead, siding with teh gods of goodness and light. Evil and Good rarely get along, and Law and Chaos rarely get along, but Chaos and Chaos and Evil and Evil rarely get along either, unless they share a common interest. Of course, Chaos finds it difficult to make alliances anyways.
Does that make sense?
EDIT: Heh, the argument starts to cool down on page 42, the number of power.

X2
2009-06-07, 06:04 PM
EDIT: Heh, the argument starts to cool down on page 42, the number of power.

Wa-What!? Well this thread didn't last long now did it? :smalleek:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-06-07, 06:06 PM
We've had entire threads last less than a week before, this is nothing.

Lemming
2009-06-07, 06:15 PM
Thank the gods. Thank you, BRC.
BRC is a god? :smalleek:
I always knew it! :smallbiggrin:
ALL HAIL LORD BRC! :smalltongue:

Nameless
2009-06-07, 06:19 PM
Yay, We're almost... At... Page 50 again... :smallannoyed:

X2
2009-06-07, 06:27 PM
*is making a comic for TJH*

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 06:58 PM
Yay, We're almost... At... Page 50 again... :smallannoyed:

A shame that me thread has to be over so soon. :smallfrown:

Oh well. I'll probably get another turn. Has anybody else had two turns making a thread?

T-O-E
2009-06-07, 07:06 PM
I'm pretty sure Lying has. I think.

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-07, 07:12 PM
I haven't made one yet :D

X2
2009-06-07, 07:37 PM
No one cares huh?

Shades of Gray
2009-06-07, 07:39 PM
Yay. Xart's dead.

X2
2009-06-07, 07:40 PM
Yay. Xart's dead.

DYING!!!!!!

Shades of Gray
2009-06-07, 07:46 PM
Meh, good enough.

X2
2009-06-07, 07:48 PM
Meh, good enough.

Did you like the comic?

Shades of Gray
2009-06-07, 07:49 PM
It involves Xart dying. Thus yes.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 07:54 PM
In my next TJH comic, which I plan to make shortly, should I use it to take out the tank-guy, KO Shadesworth, or both somehow?

X2
2009-06-07, 07:55 PM
In my next TJH comic, which I plan to make shortly, should I use it to take out the tank-guy, KO Shadesworth, or both somehow?

Both somehow.

Also, Shadesworth thusfar is a terrible bodyguard. Which is probably my fault. Gotta have him doing bodyguardy things next episode.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-06-07, 07:57 PM
Both somehow.

Also, Shadesworth thusfar is a terrible bodyguard. Which is probably my fault. Gotta have him doing bodyguardy things next episode.

Hey, he would be an awesome bodyguard, but I'm WAY too busy to make comics of him protecting!

*sips drink slowly*

*goes to play videogame*