PDA

View Full Version : Which site now?

tKircher
2009-05-27, 12:31 AM
Will Erfworld continue to update post-Book1 on the GITP site, or will it permanently move its' new material to erfworld.com?

Also, will Book 1 remain on the GITP site indefinitely, or is it coming down when the other site is "fully-functional?"

SteveMB
2009-05-27, 03:46 PM
Will Erfworld continue to update post-Book1 on the GITP site, or will it permanently move its' new material to erfworld.com?

Also, will Book 1 remain on the GITP site indefinitely, or is it coming down when the other site is "fully-functional?"

The GitP news items on the subject say that post-Book-1 Erfworld material will be on the erfworld.com site (which seems to be in good shape after the initial shakedown). The Book 1 archive here is expected to be around for the time being ("We'll likely keep the archives here online as well, at least for the next year or so.")

Rob and Jamie's plan is to do a series of vignettes over the summer to bridge the gap between Book 1 and Book 2, and to start presenting Book 2 in the fall.

Shhalahr Windrider
2009-05-27, 03:46 PM
The first Erfworld book, The Battle for Gobwin Knob is swiftly coming to a close. It has always been the plan between Rob, Jamie, and myself that after Book 1 was completed, Erfworld would set course for its own website--and now that website is officially up and running. Erfworld.com will be the home of all further Erfworld stories for Book 2 and beyond, as well as new Erfworld forums, an Erfworld store, an Erfworld world-building wiki, and a supporter's program called "The Toolbox." The current Book 1 strips are already online there as well, though they will also continue to be updated here on GiantITP.com until the last page. (We'll likely keep the archives here online as well, at least for the next year or so.)
(emphasis mine)

Zeb The Troll
2009-05-27, 11:51 PM
Rob and Jamie's plan is to do a series of vignettes over the summer to bridge the gap between Book 1 and Book 2, and to start presenting Book 2 in the fall.I spoke with Rob at Balticon this weekend and got a broad overview of the kinds of things that will be in these vignettes. Single panels with sidebar prose that will tie up some loose ends at the end of Book 1. One in particular that I'm looking forward to is Stanley's return to Gobwin Knob. That should prove interesting. :smallcool: