PDA

View Full Version : Lelouch Lamperouge Vs. Light Yagami

Trizap
2009-05-28, 01:56 AM
you heard me, what if these two super-morally defunct masterminds somehow fought each other?

Light Yagami only has his Death Note

Lelouch Lamperouge, only his Geass.

who would win?

Ganurath
2009-05-28, 02:02 AM
Lulu wears a mask, a plethoria of pseudonyms, and odds are the public knowledge of Kira's powers. Light has eyes, and no database to call upon to know about Geass, let alone how to combat it. The Deathnote cannot be used to kill anyone other than those who's name is written in it. It depends on the specifics of the situation, but I'm going to have to swing in favor of the leader of the Black Knights over the serial killer with his personality cult of moneygrubbing hypocrites.

FerhagoRosewood
2009-05-28, 02:08 AM
For me, it would depend on one variable.

If it's a straight up fight, it'd be more balanced and I might see Lelouch just edging it out, since he has more practice with being out smarted and finding ways around those instances to lead himself & his allies into an advantageous move. Whereas for most of the series, Light ultimately won out.

That one variable is if Light has the Shinigami Eyes or has Misa at his side. If he does, ole Zero is gone the first time he mocks Kira via a televised showing.

Ganurath
2009-05-28, 02:25 AM
That one variable is if Light has the Shinigami Eyes or has Misa at his side. If he does, ole Zero is gone the first time he mocks Kira via a televised showing.If I might reiterate: Zero always wears a mask. You need a name, and a face.

Haruki-kun
2009-05-28, 02:28 AM
I'll side with Lelouch. Sure, if Light knew his name and what he looked like he'd have no trouble, but in any other situation Lelouch wins. Also, Lelouch is a cooler character.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-05-28, 03:44 AM
Hm. By the rules laid out in the opening post, Lelouch doesn't have his Zero identity, the Black Knights, or his true identity as a Britannian Prince to fall back on - meaning no mask and no aliases, unless he decides to take them up in his attempts to defeat Kira. Likewise, Light doesn't have his cult-like following or, by the specific rules, Shinigami eyes or any other supernatural help.

This is difficult to decide in a vacuum, since while I could see why Zero and Kira would oppose each other, I really have no idea why two shmuck high school students with no personal connection would bother trying.

Let's say Light gets his notebook and begins his crusade on crime, and Lelouch gets the Geass and tries to stop Kira. The first thing Lelouch does is Geass a member of the police team investigating Kira into giving him access to their evidence files. Actually, given Lulu's phenomenal bad luck, let's say he Geasses Light himself after he starts working with the police - this will prevent any easy Geass solutions in the endgame, and this is a crossover between two of the most needlessly convoluted shows ever, so we should make it complex and fun. Lelouch can therefore get his hands on the evidence that largely points to Light, and he doesn't have L's compunction of being 100% certain before making a move - however, Light can also notice Lelouch mucking about in police files after the initial Geass wears off, and will probably eliminate him...but not until he finds out how Lelouch got access to the information in the first place (since he doesn't remember giving it to him).

I'm thinking endgame here is that Lelouch geasses L into arresting Light (and he'll almost certainly be convicted once arrested): at the same time, Light writes in the Death Note that Lelouch will leave a note describing how he got access to police records under a bench, then throw himself under a truck.

Draw.

FerhagoRosewood
2009-05-28, 03:48 AM
If I might reiterate: Zero always wears a mask. You need a name, and a face.

But then, if Light has the name "Lelouch vi Britannia"... He could easily look it up just like all the criminals. And Lelouch is gone.

But I think the post above me is a way better thought out battle than I listed.

Justyn
2009-05-28, 03:56 AM
you heard me, what if these two super-morally defunct masterminds somehow fought each other?

Light Yagami only has his Death Note

Lelouch Lamperouge, only his Geass.

who would win?

The fangirls.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-05-28, 04:34 AM
The fangirls.You're right, it's not fair.

Perhaps we should include Misa and Kallen so the fanboys can win as well?

Haven
2009-05-28, 04:50 AM
Lelouch, for so very many reasons, but in the end it comes down to the same thing that led to Light's defeat in Death Note: like L, Lelouch is willing to die in pursuit of his goals, and Light isn't.

Prime32
2009-05-28, 06:19 AM
But then, if Light has the name "Lelouch vi Britannia"... He could easily look it up just like all the criminals. And Lelouch is gone.First, in a setting where Britannia exists, I doubt Light would need to look up someone whose surname is Vi Britannia.

Second, Light is far more likely to discover the name Lelouch Lamperouge, then get overconfident and try to write that in his Death Note right in front of Lelouch or something.

Lelouch recovers from a loss better than a Light. Misa needs to see Lelouch's eyes to find his name, in which case he can Geass her, but Zero can use the eyeslit to Geass people without exposing his name.

Geass instructions probably overrule Death Note instructions, in that they change the target's normal behaviour. If Lelouch finds out that someone is going to be targeted by Kira for a "complex death", he could Geass them to make the circumstances impossible - this might alert L or even make Light think that his Death Note is malfunctioning somehow.

The Black Knights are a pretty big advantage - they usually keep their faces covered, and Zero can simply blow up the houses of anyone he suspects of being Kira.

Here's another factor which no-one appears to have considered: Geass can affect anything. Including shinigami. :smallbiggrin:

If it came down to hand-to-hand combat, of course, with both characters' faces covered, Light would win hands-down.

Fri
2009-05-28, 08:05 AM
the opening is a bit too vague and rather unfair for me. I think it's better with a scenario:

Zero and the Black Knights are terrorist, and Light as the leader of Japan's special investigation team is trying to catch him, while as kira, he's trying to kill him. Both got team, secret headquarter, hamminess, semi loyal supernatural friend (though lelouch kinda win here. CC > Any shinigami), secret identity, and reason to fight each other.

That works better for vs thread, I think.

Prime32
2009-05-28, 08:17 AM
the opening is a bit too vague and rather unfair for me. I think it's better with a scenario:

Zero and the Black Knights are terrorist, and Light as the leader of Japan's special investigation team is trying to catch him, while as kira, he's trying to kill him. Both got team, secret headquarter, hamminess, semi loyal supernatural friend (though lelouch kinda win here. CC > Any shinigami), secret identity, and reason to fight each other.
I had this Light v. Lelouch fanfic idea where it turns out that Watari's real name is Kelsey Wayne, and his late father invented the Druid System to predict the movements of criminals. Wammy's House was founded to find a successor to his father.

His father's first name was...
Bruce.

Yes, Bruce Wayne.

Watari is understandably interested in anyone who would wear a mask and cape, calling themselves a "Black Knight"

Terraoblivion
2009-05-28, 08:58 AM
That is unfair Nerdo. I'm a fangirl and i'd vastly prefer Kallen/Misa over Lulu/Light. At least as Misa shut up and restricted herself to looking cute and we didn't have to listen to her annoying voice and mindless comments.

kamikasei
2009-05-28, 09:33 AM
That is unfair Nerdo. I'm a fangirl and i'd vastly prefer Kallen/Misa over Lulu/Light.

Let's replace fangirl and fanboy with girlfan and boyfan. That way it covers both girls who are fans and fans of girls. Even the intersexed are accomodated.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-05-28, 11:27 AM
That is unfair Nerdo. I'm a fangirl and i'd vastly prefer Kallen/Misa over Lulu/Light. At least as Misa shut up and restricted herself to looking cute and we didn't have to listen to her annoying voice and mindless comments.All I'm saying is that if we involve their stalkers loyal minions, everybody wins. Even though Misa would probably be the first person to bring a knife to a mudfight.

Blue Paladin
2009-05-28, 11:38 AM
Light:
Aha! It's over. I know your true history and your real name!
(writes Lelouch vi Britannia in Death Note) *nothing happens* Dammit!
(writes Rerouch vi Britannia in Death Note) *nothing happens* Dammit!
(writes Lerouch vi Britannia in Death Note) *nothing happens* Dammit...
(writes Relouch vi Britannia in Death Note) *nothing happens* *grumble*...

Lelouch:
(while Light is furiously writing, wanders over and reads: The human whose name is written in this note shall die.) Interesting.
(looks at Light) I command you: write your own name into the Death Note.

Light:
Dammit!... (writes own name) *dies*

Lelouch:
Hmf. Your mistake... was the inherent problems involved in localization of Britannian loanwords into Japanese katakana and back into the Latin alphabet. In addition to the difficulties involved with the whole R/L component, you failed to realize that the Britannian language adds letters for no good reason. I mean, FLEIJA? What's up with that? Where is there a J in "Field Limitary Effective Implosion Armament"? What does Limitary even mean? Seriously. Stupid language...

Mr. Scaly
2009-05-28, 11:45 AM
Huh. Twenty minutes ago I just got done watching volume 1 of Code Geas.

The difference between the two seems to be that Lelouch is better at thinking on his feet and dealing with crises as they come up, while in times like that Light flounders or gets lucky.

thubby
2009-05-28, 11:48 AM
lol blue paladin

i would go with lelouch. he can and wouldn't have a problem with commanding a good chunk of the city to find light. in addition to his insurmountable advantage in a personal encounter.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-05-28, 12:06 PM
Seriously. Stupid language...Light: "Curse you and your inability to learn English, Sunriiiiiiise!" *dies like a ham*

Kato
2009-05-28, 12:57 PM
Hm... I might be a little preoccupied, but I'd put all of my money on Lulu,

Though, first of, I'd favor a more CG like setting. Kira having reached a level of godlike being (Just as planned!) and Lelouch is trying to free the world from his grasp. Kira would have the advantage of a massive intelligence network, but Lulu the ability to stay hidden with his Zero identitiy.
In a one-onn-one match as in the opening post Kira would fail utterly cause he doesn't know Lulu's name and would be killed in mere seconds. 'Lelouche vi Brittania commands you: Die!'

Haruki-kun
2009-05-28, 01:07 PM
@Blue Paladin: :smallbiggrin:

Also, Light can't fire beams from his eyes.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/Vaarsuvius89/MikuruBeam.jpg

Fri
2009-05-28, 01:26 PM
Hm... I might be a little preoccupied, but I'd put all of my money on Lulu,

Though, first of, I'd favor a more CG like setting. Kira having reached a level of godlike being (Just as planned!) and Lelouch is trying to free the world from his grasp. Kira would have the advantage of a massive intelligence network, but Lulu the ability to stay hidden with his Zero identitiy.
In a one-onn-one match as in the opening post Kira would fail utterly cause he doesn't know Lulu's name and would be killed in mere seconds. 'Lelouche vi Brittania commands you: Die!'

Wait. So LIGHT IS THE EMPEROR!?

wow.

and nerdo, the phrase 'dies like a ham' is funnier than it had any right to.

Prime32
2009-05-28, 02:00 PM
Wait. So LIGHT IS THE EMPEROR!?

wow.
Death Note would have been so much better if Light was voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

Tengu_temp
2009-05-28, 02:07 PM
Any series, regardless of previous quality, would have been so much better if the main character was voiced by Norio Wakamoto. Yes, even if the lead is female.

Fixed that for you.

Collin152
2009-05-28, 02:13 PM
Well, Light's Modus Operandi usually precludes being in the presence of his victim, so I don't see the Geass really being a factor here.
Nevermind that I'm not actually familiar with that particular anime for some reason.
So, I'm more inclined to call this a stalemate.

Stormthorn
2009-05-28, 08:10 PM
Whoever aquires a handgun first wins, since both of their powers require at least a few seconds to come to fruition. It takes time to write someones name or form a command. Less time to pull a trigger if you sneak up behind them.

Haruki-kun
2009-05-28, 08:13 PM
Well, Light's Modus Operandi usually precludes being in the presence of his victim, so I don't see the Geass really being a factor here.

DN Spoilers:
May I remind you that this is what ultimately lead to his downfall?

Mando Knight
2009-05-28, 08:18 PM
Fixed that for you.

Yes, yes indeed. Norio Wakamoto is Japan's answer to BRIAN BLESSED (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitleijqobqvle9an)! And then some! (Some probably including Steve Blum and James Earl Jones)

...He also "sung" Motteke! Sailor Fuku! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3zJjaEHU9w)

Lord of Rapture
2009-05-28, 09:01 PM
Fixed that for you.

Not if that series is Monster. But an extra yes yes if that series is Nanoha.

And to get back on topic... I really have no idea. There are so many ways the situation could go, and I don't know if this new universe Lelouch is in hates his guts, so I really don't know what the Random Number God will decide...

Collin152
2009-05-29, 11:16 PM
DN Spoilers:
May I remind you that this is what ultimately lead to his downfall?

Exactly! But since he hasn't downfallen in this scenario...
Yeah, I got nothing.

TheSummoner
2009-05-29, 11:22 PM
I have to give the win to Light.

Zero's identity is not known outside of a select few (atleast until the very end of the series). Likewise, Kira's identity is not known outside of a select few. However, the Death Note has one big advantage over Lelouch's Geass... It can work from long range. Light would only need to know the name and face of one person close to Zero and eliminating him would be easy. Kallen or another member of the Black Knights would be easy prey. He uses that person to gather information and then set the trap (Since unfortunatly for Light, the Death Note can not be used to make Kallen murder Lelouch). For Lelouch to pull off the same, he would have to deduce who Kira is and then either directly confront Light or manipulate someone nearby to finish him off.

Mando Knight
2009-05-30, 01:18 AM
I have to give the win to Light.

Zero's identity is not known outside of a select few (atleast until the very end of the series). Likewise, Kira's identity is not known outside of a select few. However, the Death Note has one big advantage over Lelouch's Geass... It can work from long range. Light would only need to know the name and face of one person close to Zero and eliminating him would be easy. Kallen or another member of the Black Knights would be easy prey. He uses that person to gather information and then set the trap (Since unfortunatly for Light, the Death Note can not be used to make Kallen murder Lelouch). For Lelouch to pull off the same, he would have to deduce who Kira is and then either directly confront Light or manipulate someone nearby to finish him off.

...Except that the OP stated that the two have only their signature supernatural power with them. If they know they're enemies, and are face to face, Lelouch can win so long as he gets eye contact. Since the OP specifically said Lelouch Lamperouge, Lelouch probably has his actual name hidden from Light, and thus can't be killed by the Death Note.

TheSummoner
2009-05-30, 01:43 AM
So no Black Knights then? Even so we're left with a showboater vs someone who can kill without leaving the comfort of his room. That makes Lelouch a bit harder to pin down, but still easier than Light would be.

Ganurath
2009-05-30, 01:55 AM
But then, if Light has the name "Lelouch vi Britannia"... He could easily look it up just like all the criminals. And Lelouch is gone.Provided, of course, that baby pictures can work for invisioning the face of a young adult.

LurkerInPlayground
2009-05-30, 02:19 AM
The answer is simple:

The universe implodes when the collision of two logic-bending plot armors make contact.

Lord of Rapture
2009-05-30, 02:37 AM
No, that's when plot armor meets plot armor canceller - neither can win or lose, so the universe collapses because of the paradox.

FerhagoRosewood
2009-05-30, 02:44 AM
Provided, of course, that baby pictures can work for invisioning the face of a young adult.

The show never explicitly mentioned a specific moment in time for the face. Just a face. I can't imagine that every single criminal Light killed had up-to-date pictures.

LurkerInPlayground
2009-05-30, 04:13 AM
No, that's when plot armor meets plot armor canceller - neither can win or lose, so the universe collapses because of the paradox.
What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

That's all well and good, but both Lelouch and Light are unstoppable forces. What happens when two unstoppable forces collide in opposite directions?

TheSummoner
2009-05-30, 09:15 AM
Provided, of course, that baby pictures can work for invisioning the face of a young adult.

I'm fairly sure the Manga addressed this in the rules section of #13... so long as the picture is in good condition and shows enough of his face, it should work even if it is outdated.

Edit: An example that actually existed in the story and wasn't just an extra rule made for flavor...

Mello. He went through alot of trouble to make sure that no pictures of him existed from when he was at the orphanage because even though those pictures weren't recent, they would've been enough, and Kira already had his name.

Fri
2009-05-30, 10:04 AM
What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

That's all well and good, but both Lelouch and Light are unstoppable forces. What happens when two unstoppable forces collide in opposite directions?

Funny, because both were stopped :D

TheSummoner
2009-05-30, 10:07 AM
To be fair though, Light was stopped because Mikami did exactly what he did (so it wasn't really his own fault) and Lelouch was stopped as part of his own plan... so... yeah...

nothingclever
2009-05-30, 12:53 PM
To be fair though, Light was stopped because Mikami did exactly what he did (so it wasn't really his own fault) and Lelouch was stopped as part of his own plan... so... yeah...
Yeah, I saw at least two posts in here saying something about X thing other than what actually happened being Light's downfall. His downfall is giving the book to a guy with obsessive compulsive disorder. Near's buddies admit the only reason they caught him was because that guy checked his security deposit box the day before the big meeting making it painfully obvious to them there was something in it worth taking despite the risk of being attacked by a shinigami if there was one guarding it. It's not whether Light likes killing people from a distance or letting other people do his work either. He let the guy have the book because he didn't want any evidence on him and I think I remember him being confined for a while under constant supervision so there would be no way to keep it without being found out. If the constant supervision part was farther back before the end the reason he let the other guy do it is because he had to keep everyone busy in the warehouse. He couldn't even finish writing one name before getting shot when it came down to him having to do it himself. That's what made the ending of Death Note like the rest of the manga terrible. The good guys with the help of the super obnoxious Near win only because of luck.

TheSummoner
2009-05-30, 05:40 PM
Light cheated to beat L, so what Near managed to pull seems quite fitting to me... Neither Light nor L were defeated because their opponent was superior, but rather due to factors beyond their control.

Lord of Rapture
2009-05-30, 07:46 PM

Well not counting all those other times he was stopped painfully and had to start all over again... yeah...

Collin152
2009-05-30, 08:33 PM
Light cheated to beat L, so what Near managed to pull seems quite fitting to me... Neither Light nor L were defeated because their opponent was superior, but rather due to factors beyond their control.

Of course, Light would consider not controlling a factor to be a weakness in and of itself.

TheSummoner
2009-05-30, 11:29 PM
@Lord of Rapture: Very true... Lelouch's concern for a select few people is definatly a weakness... Light is much more ruthless, willing to kill off his own family if it comes to it...

@Collin: Another good point, though when I think about it I'm tempted to say Lelouch might think the same...

Collin152
2009-05-30, 11:33 PM
@Collin: Another good point, though when I think about it I'm tempted to say Lelouch might think the same...

I'd normally either agree or disagree, but Ireally honestly don't know so much about the guy.

Mando Knight
2009-05-30, 11:35 PM
@Lord of Rapture: Very true... Lelouch's concern for a select few people is definatly a weakness... Light is much more ruthless, willing to kill off his own family if it comes to it...

...And that's one of Lulu's goals.

Xondoure
2009-05-30, 11:57 PM
Lelouch, sorry, but he has giant robots, and even without robots geass is better than death note.
With Geass you can make someone do anything for any amount of time, and it doesn't fail if its impossible. Also, Lelouch is in the end a good guy, whereas Kira was definitely a villian.

TheSummoner
2009-05-31, 12:33 AM
Lelouch's Geass is without a doubt more... lets say potent than Light's Death Note, but that doesn't change the fact that Lelouch has to get in close whereas Light can protect himself from a distance. Both shield themselves with false names, so the robots won't do much unless Lelouch is prepared to destroy entire cities to eliminate a single enemy... which he might be perfectly willing to... atleast near the end when goals require him to make the world hate him.

Lord Seth
2009-05-31, 01:06 AM
Too much depends on the context to really figure out who would come out on top. For example, which world is this in; the Death Note world or the Code Geass world? Or a kind of combination of the two?

TheSummoner
2009-05-31, 01:58 AM
My assumption would be the Geass world... Lelouch pretty much has to be in his own world for his goals and motivations to make any sence, but so long as he still had the Death Note, Light could develope a god complex in any world you throw him into...

Lord of Rapture
2009-05-31, 07:48 AM
Lelouch, sorry, but he has giant robots, and even without robots geass is better than death note.
With Geass you can make someone do anything for any amount of time, and it doesn't fail if its impossible. Also, Lelouch is in the end a good guy, whereas Kira was definitely a villian.

I dunno...the more I think about it, the more I think Lelouch was a "necessary" bad guy, despite my previous beliefs in the (small) goodness remaining inside the character. Kinda like if Belkar had a conscience and only had the Order as his only family, and was kill-crazy only because he's hyper-paranoid about any threats that could befall the group.

Zencao
2009-05-31, 08:26 AM
Lelouch's Geass is without a doubt more... lets say potent than Light's Death Note, but that doesn't change the fact that Lelouch has to get in close whereas Light can protect himself from a distance. Both shield themselves with false names, so the robots won't do much unless Lelouch is prepared to destroy entire cities to eliminate a single enemy... which he might be perfectly willing to... atleast near the end when goals require him to make the world hate him.

Kssssssshhhh yeah about that... Remember episode 14 of R2? Yeahh....

TheSummoner
2009-05-31, 10:30 AM
V.V. may have been the MAIN target, but his goal was to eliminate geass (except his own of course ^_^), so the entire city WAS his target...

Zencao
2009-05-31, 10:52 AM
V.V. may have been the MAIN target, but his goal was to eliminate geass (except his own of course ^_^), so the entire city WAS his target...

Still, he slaughtered an entire city to eliminate a magic power and prevent its spread from being threat to him, that sort of counts :P

TheSummoner
2009-05-31, 03:56 PM
Yeah... it counts for destroying entire cities, but he didn't do it to eliminate a single enemy, he did it to eliminate an entire city full of enemies. Still... kinda funny if you think about it!

Lelouch: Now! Go and destroy all of the people in there, children included, to prevent them from using an evil power that robs men of their free will!

*37 seconds later*

Lelouch: Lelouch vi Brittania commands you to do jumping jacks! Stand on your head! Punch yourself in the face! Juggle rocks! Crap your pants! Breakdance! Jump off that bridge!!!

Xondoure
2009-06-01, 10:48 PM
My other argument is that Lulu is smarter than Light. He knows how to make up for a defeat, and he is also fully aware of his flaws. Light always came out on top until the very end. Without his plot armor, he wouldn't stand a chance. Whereas Lulu's plot armor was only strong enough to keep him alive, it had no qualms about letting him lose. So Lulu is a much more formidable opponent.
Also, Lulu has experience dealing with powers like the death note, and would probably suspect that Light has a Geass. Whereas Light would be totally unaware that Lulu even had an ability, yet another advantage for our dear emperor.

thubby
2009-06-01, 11:51 PM
not a huge deal, but lelouch's ruthlessness in a way plays against him. even in his own universe people only trusted him because his actions were immediately beneficial to them, where light set himself up as a benevolent force in the eyes of the people.

Xondoure
2009-06-02, 01:13 AM
True in the case of the masses, but when dealing with those close to them, Lulu has better strength. One, he has Geass. Two, Lulu surrounded himself with loyal followers that were strong, reliable, and fearsome opponents. The Black Knights. Light on the other hand, managed to come up with the brilliant idea of living right next to all the people trying to stop him. His second biggest blunder of all time, right under his last scheme.

Here is my theory on how the events would follow:
Say we imagined a scenario where their beliefs contradicted each other. Zero, being the amazingly theatrical person he is, would probably challenge Kira in much the same way that L challenged him. We can thus suspect that much of the same events would follow. The Black Knights would begin to investigate people who could be Kira, and eventually Light would, being the person he is, decide to join them to gather their names and kill them all. Now Lelouch, having around the same, if not greater mental capacity than L, would eventually arrive at the same conclusion; Kira is Light. However, unlike L, he does not need to gather evidence, he could simply force Light with the Geass. Maybe something like; "Lelouch vi Brittania comands you, kill Kira!"
At which point Light will promptly smile and say "Yes, my lord" and shoot himself in the head. :smallbiggrin:

TheSummoner
2009-06-02, 01:21 AM
At which point Light would close his eyes, turn around, and right Lelouch vi Brittania in the Death Note =P.

In all seriousness though, I just can't imagine Light joining up with the Black Knights like he did with the Kira investigation group. A team in which he uses his brain he would be a powerful member in... a team in which he would have to operate gigantic mecha... not so much...

Besides, if the scenerio played out EXACTLY the same, it would be boring.

thubby
2009-06-02, 04:42 AM
True in the case of the masses, but when dealing with those close to them, Lulu has better strength. One, he has Geass. Two, Lulu surrounded himself with loyal followers that were strong, reliable, and fearsome opponents. The Black Knights. Light on the other hand, managed to come up with the brilliant idea of living right next to all the people trying to stop him. His second biggest blunder of all time, right under his last scheme

even though they were working against him light still managed to get them to discard reasons to believe he was kira because they trusted him. and he got a cult of psycho followers, sans mind-control.
someone was questioning 0 or his motives every episode at least.

i also find the idea of light getting into the black nights unlikely. the whole kira investigation was completely bizarre, and the situation would have to get pretty far flung for that to be the viable option again.

Oslecamo
2009-06-02, 06:30 AM
In all seriousness though, I just can't imagine Light joining up with the Black Knights like he did with the Kira investigation group. A team in which he uses his brain he would be a powerful member in... a team in which he would have to operate gigantic mecha... not so much...

This is Lelouch Vi-Brittania we're talking about. He doesn't recruit people only to pilot giant mechas, he recruits people to do all kind of worck related to conquering the world. The other news guys anyone? He never piloted a mecha.

Anyway my money's on Lelouch. Smartest and more logic anime character I've seen in my life with uber power to boot:smallbiggrin:

(He conquered the whole world despite the enemy having nukes for Goku's sake!)

Lord of Rapture
2009-06-02, 07:24 AM
This is Lelouch Vi-Brittania we're talking about. He doesn't recruit people only to pilot giant mechas, he recruits people to do all kind of worck related to conquering the world. The other news guys anyone? He never piloted a mecha.

Anyway my money's on Lelouch. Smartest and more logic anime character I've seen in my life with uber power to boot:smallbiggrin:

(He conquered the whole world despite the enemy having nukes for Goku's sake!)

Wait, wait, wait...

Are you saying something that came from R2 was logical?

I mean, Lelouch conquering the whole world all of a sudden in 4 episodes was the most ridiculous thing to come out of that season (and that's saying something, considering how ridiculous the smoldering ashes of one of my favorite shows is).

Oslecamo
2009-06-02, 07:49 AM
I mean, Lelouch conquering the whole world all of a sudden in 4 episodes was the most ridiculous thing to come out of that season (and that's saying something, considering how ridiculous the smoldering ashes of one of my favorite shows is).

Notice I said "anime". As far as animes goes, the guy with the power to mindrape people(when nobody else can do it) who wants to conquer the world, actually conquering the world is so logic it's refreshing.

Plus for once the main character isn't also some crazy kung-fu master and he prefers to let his minions friends do the dirty worck for him instead of seeking "honorable" 1x1 matches to test his true strenght and all that other crap I really hate it in anime(Evil guy ready to destroy the world and the good guy decides to challenge him to a one on on fight to test his true strenght, riiighhhttt).

The only thing I disliked in code geass was that Lulu took two dozen episodes to realize that he could just turn people into his personal slaves instead of giving them a single-time order.

And that's why I loved the end of R2. The main hero actually using his powers to it's fullest effects. Fair matches to prove your own strenght are for sissies with spiked glowing hair!:smallcool:

Lord of Rapture
2009-06-02, 08:53 AM
Notice I said "anime". As far as animes goes, the guy with the power to mindrape people(when nobody else can do it) who wants to conquer the world, actually conquering the world is so logic it's refreshing.

Plus for once the main character isn't also some crazy kung-fu master and he prefers to let his minions friends do the dirty worck for him instead of seeking "honorable" 1x1 matches to test his true strenght and all that other crap I really hate it in anime(Evil guy ready to destroy the world and the good guy decides to challenge him to a one on on fight to test his true strenght, riiighhhttt).

The only thing I disliked in code geass was that Lulu took two dozen episodes to realize that he could just turn people into his personal slaves instead of giving them a single-time order.

And that's why I loved the end of R2. The main hero actually using his powers to it's fullest effects. Fair matches to prove your own strenght are for sissies with spiked glowing hair!:smallcool:

Yeah, like the ending of R2 didn't completely muddle Lulu's character...

Oh look, he's not a complete bastard, he's refraining from turning people into his mindslaves outright, when he knows he could...

Hang on, it looks he IS doing it! And he just took over the evil empire for his own gains! I guess he IS totally evil now!

Oh, no wait, he just ordered his own Dragon to kill him for world peace. I guess he really is benevolent after all! Never mind all those soldiers and officials who are still mindraped to obey his every whim even after death. And chaining all his former servants, and the sister he spent almost the entire show fighting for, and dressing them in bondage outfits! And all the other crap he pulled. Yep, he really is completely a good guy, isn't he?

Uggghhhh.:smallmad: Yeah. Logical. Right.

Oslecamo
2009-06-02, 09:46 AM
Oh, no wait, he just ordered his own Dragon to kill him for world peace. I guess he really is benevolent after all! Never mind all those soldiers and officials who are still mindraped to obey his every whim even after death. And chaining all his former servants, and the sister he spent almost the entire show fighting for, and dressing them in bondage outfits! And all the other crap he pulled. Yep, he really is completely a good guy, isn't he?

Uggghhhh.:smallmad: Yeah. Logical. Right.

Alternative 1: Daddy freezes time, kills the gods and (almost) everybody dies

Alternative 2: Get killed by his own servants wich turned on the enemy sweet talck.

Alternative 3: Big brother nukes half the world and starts a reign of fear with the other half.

Lulu almost got killed, was betrayed by his friends, servants AND family and tought he had just lost the sister for who he had done all of this. He was still an human, and thus his mind snapped.

How can you say that being put under so much pressure wouldn't drastically change some teenager's mind? When everybody you cared for is death or after your head and yet you have the power at your handgrasp to unleash your acumulated fury if you just abandon your old ideals, what would you do?

Lelouch really isn't much of your usual good guy, but that's one of the things I like on his character. His personality actually grows and evolves during the episodes as he suffers gains and losses, instead of your usual "Stick to your ideals to the very end and pray that the power of love/friendship/courage actually makes you immune to the bad guy's weapons".

Nerd-o-rama
2009-06-02, 10:57 AM
I don't think Oslecamo watches a whole lot of other anime; compared to the ones he's referencing, R2's plot makes sense.

Anyway...if we're psychologically profiling Lelouch and Light here, they're both ruthless bastards who will do anything to achieve their goals. The only difference is that Lelouch has about 3-6 people he won't throw under the bus for the sake of his plans under any circumstances. Light would and does kill his most trusted associates and even his own upstanding policeman father just to stay undercover. Lelouch also intentionally dies to complete his (extremely convoluted) plan, whereas Light is obsessed with staying alive to complete his work, and is killed and defeated practically by accident.

TheSummoner
2009-06-02, 01:22 PM
Here is the scenerio I imagine...

The confrontation is set in the Code Geass world because Lelouch's goals require it, whereas Light's goals can work in pretty much any world. Lelouch starts out in the exact same situation as in the anime... a Brittanian prince hiding in Area 11 with an assumed name. Light is also in Area 11. For them to be opposing eachother, Light would probably be loyal to Brittania... perhaps hes an Honorary Brittanian. Lelouch gets involved with the terrorists and gains his Geass power around the same time Light discovers the Death Note.

Lelouch continues as normal, with the murder of Clovis, formation of the Black Knights, etc. Light begins judging criminals. Learning of the Black Knights and seeing them as criminals, he begins to kill off the ones whose names and faces are known. Lelouch deduces that an unknown force is killing off his people and sets a trap similar to the one used by L early in Death Note, forcing Light to reveal that he is in Area 11, and infact, not a god. This is also when Lelouch first takes the Zero persona. Light, realizes that Zero is the sole reason the Black Knights are as capable as they are. He begins to experiment with the Death Note, learning that he can control the time and conditions of death and thus control his victims. Light is unable to make one of the Black Knights kill Zero, and he cannot make them give him Zero's identity since none of them know Zero's identity.

At this point, Light knows who his target is, but lacks the specific details required to kill him. Lelouch on the other hand is only aware that there is someone out there, working from the shadows to hinder him.

Lelouch begins to take precautions to better hide the identities of the Black Knights... its really all he can do, as he lacks the resources to track down Kira. Meanwhile, Light continues his killings, unable to do much to the Black Knights, but always watching for a chance.

Eventually we're at the first season finale of Code Geass. The Black Rebellion fails and many Black Knights are captured, including top ranking Black Knights. Light sees his chance. As before, Lelouch rescues the Black Knights, only this time, Light works from the sidelines, killing several Brittanian soldiers to ensure Zero is able to get his soldiers back.

Light controls Ohgi, and orders him to send pictures and names of every ranking member of the Black Knights before having him die in battle. He specifically tells Ohgi to mark Zero's identity if he knows who he is.

Light then controls these ranking members, including Kallen, to do the same.

Since Kallen knows that Zero is Lelouch by this point, Light now has Lelouch's name and face.

Lelouch dies of a heart attack 40 seconds later.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-06-02, 01:49 PM
Your scenario's good, Summoner, but you're leaving out an important factor: people also trying to stop or use Kira. You've left in all of Lelouch's canon enemies but removed Light's. That's a pretty major bias to the scenario.

HA! But I now realize I did the same thing in my first post, based on the OP of the thread. Disregard this, I suck roosters.

TheSummoner
2009-06-02, 01:55 PM
Lelouch's enemies were left in because it is in Lelouch's world, and the fact that Light was brought into it doesn't change the fact that he would make enemies with the Brittanian empire. I also removed any allies Light had since he is the one in the new environment, not Lelouch.

Mando Knight
2009-06-02, 02:02 PM
Your scenario's good, Summoner, but you're leaving out an important factor: people also trying to stop or use Kira. You've left in all of Lelouch's canon enemies but removed Light's. That's a pretty major bias to the scenario.

On top of that, you completely ignore C.C. while keeping in the less competent members of the Black Knights. Since C.C. is immortal, she is likely immune to the Death Note.

The Black Knights also don't have their faces and names plastered all over Area 11, so their identities are probably semi-secret. Tohdoh is dead meat, though. If Lelouch gets wind of the idea that someone is targeting rebels and killing them with supernatural power, it's only another step for him to determine that it either works like Geass or requires a definite identification of the victim. Either way, he could start having his Black Knights wear Zero costumes and/or other disguises that block eye contact and obscure the face in order to protect the identities of his co-conspirators. At this point, Light takes a hit. Especially if C.C. becomes the spokeswoman of the organization.

Lelouch is also rather determined. He has resources, in the form of the Black Knights' information networks and the Britannian intarwebs, and C.C. Together, he could probably figure out who Light is, and Geass him into dying.

Also, Kallen did not know Lelouch's identity as Zero until Suzaku confronted him on the island, and even then knew him primarily as Lelouch Lamperouge rather than Lelouch vi Britannia. And that would probably be the name she gives Light, being the name Lulu goes by most often. If Light tries to control Millie to get Lelouch's real name, then that would probably draw Lelouch's attention (as if the others wouldn't have), as well as those of Schneizel or Cornelia. And Suzaku. And if Schneizel knew about this upstart deity wanna-be, he'd deal with the kid or bring his attention to Charles. Who then brings on the Wakamoto and forces Light to HAIL BRITANNIA!

TheSummoner
2009-06-02, 03:10 PM
Yes, most of the Black Knights' identities are kept secret, but some would still be known. These are the ones Light would initially target in my scenerio.

I couldn't think of any real protection C.C. would offer against the Death Note, however I agree shes probably immune to it since shes immune to death and everything. However, C.C. couldn't become a figurehead for the Black Knights because of the Brittanian researchers who were still trying to track her down after her escape.

I also said that the Black Knights would be hiding their faces... they actually DID do that... it was part of the costume. However, after the first Black Rebellion, that means nothing. The majority of the Black Knights were captured, identified, and their names and faces were plastered all over the news. THAT would be when Light would make his move.

Although, since you mention it, you might be right about Kallen giving the name Lelouch Lamperouge and not Lelouch vi Brittania... Once it didn't work, Light would realize that it was an assumed name. However, knowing Lelouch's face and fake name would be enough to track down his real name.

Edit: I wonder what would happen if Light tried to use the Death Note on Suzaku... after he was geassed to live of course.

Prime32
2009-06-02, 04:27 PM
Edit: I wonder what would happen if Light tried to use the Death Note on Suzaku... after he was geassed to live of course.The Death Note catches fire, of course. :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2009-06-02, 04:34 PM
Although, since you mention it, you might be right about Kallen giving the name Lelouch Lamperouge and not Lelouch vi Brittania... Once it didn't work, Light would realize that it was an assumed name. However, knowing Lelouch's face and fake name would be enough to track down his real name.

Not without getting attention. Lelouch's real identity was known by hardly anyone... not even his half-siblings knew where or who he was. The only ones who knew were Nunnally, the Ashford family, Suzaku, and later C.C.. His half-siblings learned right after Lelouch gained a critical advantage over them and were thus incapable of using that knowledge. I doubt he would be able to definitely draw a link between Lelouch Lamperouge and the prince officially killed in the initial conquest and pacification of Area 11.

Lord of Rapture
2009-06-02, 05:22 PM
I don't think Oslecamo watches a whole lot of other anime; compared to the ones he's referencing, R2's plot makes sense.

Anyway...if we're psychologically profiling Lelouch and Light here, they're both ruthless bastards who will do anything to achieve their goals. The only difference is that Lelouch has about 3-6 people he won't throw under the bus for the sake of his plans under any circumstances. Light would and does kill his most trusted associates and even his own upstanding policeman father just to stay undercover. Lelouch also intentionally dies to complete his (extremely convoluted) plan, whereas Light is obsessed with staying alive to complete his work, and is killed and defeated practically by accident.

Also, Lelouch's whole personality and goals up to this point stem from his traumatic past and horrible family life. Light had a perfectly normal life with a loving family, and he still went flying over the edge once he got the Death Note. Remember, Lelouch's entire motivation stems from avenging himself and his sister from the horrible things they had to go through to survive.

If Lulu's life went swimmingly, once the Geass came into his life, he would have rejected it on the grounds that he has no use for it, and forget all about it.

Xondoure
2009-06-02, 06:19 PM
Summoner, your plan works, but you are forgetting that Lelouch is just as smart as L, and if someone was targeting the black knights that way, would have become obsessed with stopping Kira. If L could narrow Kira down until he suspected Light, so can Lelouch, but Lelouch has the advantage of the Geass when it comes to finding out if Kira is Light, and then promptly kill him as Lelouch works outside of the law. My point is that Lelouch went up against just as smart, and supernaturally powerful opponents and came out on top. Whereas Light had trouble bringing down his enemies and they didn't even have godlike abilities. If L had a Geass, Light would have been screwed, and I hold Lelouch to the same level of intellect as L and Light.

TheSummoner
2009-06-03, 12:20 AM
Not without getting attention. Lelouch's real identity was known by hardly anyone... not even his half-siblings knew where or who he was. The only ones who knew were Nunnally, the Ashford family, Suzaku, and later C.C.. His half-siblings learned right after Lelouch gained a critical advantage over them and were thus incapable of using that knowledge. I doubt he would be able to definitely draw a link between Lelouch Lamperouge and the prince officially killed in the initial conquest and pacification of Area 11.

They didn't know who he was or didn't know where he was? I can't remember a single relative who didn't figure out that Zero was Lelouch once they saw his face. Of course, Light wouldn't be in a position to make this connection instantly, but knowing the name Lelouch Lamperouge is enough to track him to the Ashford accademy. Light would realize there is some connection between Suzaku and Zero and could control Suzaku into revealing what he knows. Another possibility is controling Milley or one of the other Ashfords into revealing it. Absolute worst case scenerio, he could take the Eye Trade and just discover it himself, though I truely doubt he would do that unless he believed he would die otherwise.

Summoner, your plan works, but you are forgetting that Lelouch is just as smart as L, and if someone was targeting the black knights that way, would have become obsessed with stopping Kira. If L could narrow Kira down until he suspected Light, so can Lelouch, but Lelouch has the advantage of the Geass when it comes to finding out if Kira is Light, and then promptly kill him as Lelouch works outside of the law. My point is that Lelouch went up against just as smart, and supernaturally powerful opponents and came out on top. Whereas Light had trouble bringing down his enemies and they didn't even have godlike abilities. If L had a Geass, Light would have been screwed, and I hold Lelouch to the same level of intellect as L and Light.

Lelouch might be as smart as L, but he doesn't have access to the same resources. Remember that L was only able to narrow the investigation down to Light by having the FBI investigate everyone connected to the Japanese police. Lelouch does not have access to police information, and thus could not narrow down the suspects enough for Light to be in any danger.

Xondoure
2009-06-03, 12:27 AM
Gah! Lelouch has access to whatever resources he wants! It isn't particularly hard to Geass someone with security clearance. If you want an in anime reference; he uses this tactic to destroy most of Tokyo at the end of R1.

TheSummoner
2009-06-03, 12:46 AM
But would Lelouch realize that Light was getting information from the police without having that access beforehand?

Without access to police records, he would have no reason to suspect Kira was getting information from them, but without the belief that Kira was getting police information, Lelouch would have no reason to geass his way into having police records.

Xondoure
2009-06-03, 12:49 AM
I suspect Lulu would already have hacked the police department, as he is planning on, I don't know, fighting those guys.

Oslecamo
2009-06-03, 05:17 AM

There's a lot of anime out there, and on personal preference, if it doesn't have giant robots/magic/super martial arts/lots of comedy/ other shiny stuff, I don't bother to watch it. If I feel like watching something serious and realistic I will just pick up my study books.

So Code Geass, where I can get my shiny stuff AND a plot wich makes some sense, it's kinda heaven for me:smallbiggrin:

On topic: Lelouch's geass is just a crushing advantage over Yagami when it comes to information gathering. He can mind rape people to do his biddings plus being quite smart himself, while Yagami is only quite smart.

Prime32
2009-06-03, 06:05 AM
On topic: Lelouch's geass is just a crushing advantage over Yagami when it comes to information gathering. He can mind rape people to do his biddings plus being quite smart himself, while Yagami is only quite smart.Light can also mindrape people, but he can only make "reasonable suggestions" and they die afterwards.

TheSummoner
2009-06-03, 08:28 AM
Theres really only three big differences between what Lelouch is capable of with Geass and what Light is capable of with the Death Note.

1) Light can only murder the direct target of the Death Note whereas Lelouch could order his target to murder someone else.

2) Light commands ALWAYS result in the target dieing within 23 days or less whereas Lelouch is able to keep his victims alive if he so choses.

3) Light needs a name and a face for his power to work. Lelouch needs eye contact.

The only one that makes a really big difference towards what either is capable of is the third one.

Edit: Thought of a fourth one...

4) Geass can be resisted by the strong-willed. The Death Note cannot.

Lord of Rapture
2009-06-03, 08:43 AM
Theres really only three big differences between what Lelouch is capable of with Geass and what Light is capable of with the Death Note.

1) Light can only murder the direct target of the Death Note whereas Lelouch could order his target to murder someone else.

2) Light commands ALWAYS result in the target dieing within 23 days or less whereas Lelouch is able to keep his victims alive if he so choses.

3) Light needs a name and a face for his power to work. Lelouch needs eye contact.

The only one that makes a really big difference towards what either is capable of is the third one.

Edit: Thought of a fourth one...

4) Geass can be resisted by the strong-willed. The Death Note cannot.

Except that Light never, ever thinks about keeping the person he's going to kill alive for more than 23 days. His view on the world is that the people he kills deserve to die immediately, so he wouldn't bother using them as pawns because of his ego. Also, keep in mind that with no restriction on the time which Lulu may control someone, he can keep his mind-controlled pawns around a lot longer and Light, and they aren't going to drop dead and alert the others.

Also, being able to order people to murder others without having them die is a pretty big advantage. It ensures that you can have a sleeper agent ready to kill whoever you want, and you don't have to use them in only 23 days.

Also, the only people who ever resisted Geass were maidens of pure heartedness and kindness, and even when ordered to perform genocide or something else just as morally deplorable, they could only resist, for about, say, 5 seconds or so.

Xondoure
2009-06-03, 09:55 AM
Light had trouble with people who were only really really smart. If they had had mind rape powers, he's pretty much screwed. Especially since the Geass is a much much more versatile, and powerful weapon. Even the eye contact doesn't really matter, because Lelouch could Geass other people to move in close with a mask on and do his dirty work.

TheSummoner
2009-06-03, 12:04 PM
Also, the only people who ever resisted Geass were maidens of pure heartedness and kindness, and even when ordered to perform genocide or something else just as morally deplorable, they could only resist, for about, say, 5 seconds or so.

Nunnally overcame Charles's geass and regained her eyesight. Although no one ever fully resisted Leluch's geass, that shows that it can be done.

I agree that Light's ego would have him just kill off those he judged anyways, I was merely pointing it out that even if he did, for some reason, want to keep them around, he couldnt and that would be one disadvantage of the Death Note, however... Lelouch knowing that Kira was responsible for a death doesn't help him very much if he can't find out who Kira is.

Blue Paladin
2009-06-03, 12:32 PM
Nunnally overcame Charles's geass and regained her eyesight. Although no one ever fully resisted Leluch's geass, that shows that it can be done.No it doesn't. It just shows that Charles' Geass can be overcome (which was already proven by Lelouch anyway). But Charles' Geass wasn't anything like Lelouch's; it just messes with memories / implants suggestions. No "absolute order" Geass (Lelouch/Rai) has ever been resisted.

If anything, Euphemia and Nunnally (as shown in the scene right after the one you reference, where she cheerfully hands over the key that she previously swore she'd never give up) prove that it can't be done.

chiasaur11
2009-06-03, 12:59 PM
No it doesn't. It just shows that Charles' Geass can be overcome (which was already proven by Lelouch anyway). But Charles' Geass wasn't anything like Lelouch's; it just messes with memories / implants suggestions. No "absolute order" Geass (Lelouch/Rai) has ever been resisted.

If anything, Euphemia and Nunnally (as shown in the scene right after the one you reference, where she cheerfully hands over the key that she previously swore she'd never give up) prove that it can't be done.

I bet Sam Vimes could resist it.

Or, for that matter, Victor Von Doom.

Still, anyone else, you're probably right.

Kato
2009-06-03, 01:04 PM
Now, not that I want to downlevel the Geass, but Euphie seemed to be able to fight the urge to kill Suzaku. Though, that was the only moment eve someone overcame the Geass as far as I rememeber. (Love wins and crap)

Prime32
2009-06-03, 01:44 PM

I suppose Doctor Doom might be as opposed to obeying anyone else's orders as a pretty much pure-good pacifist would be to committing genocide, yeah. :smalltongue: Light couldn't pull it off though.

Now, not that I want to downlevel the Geass, but Euphie seemed to be able to fight the urge to kill Suzaku. Though, that was the only moment eve someone overcame the Geass as far as I rememeber. (Love wins and crap)
I think that had more to do with the fact that she was dying. Lelouch's Geass had no effect on... someone else who lay dying either (and I don't mean it was resisted, I mean it did nothing).

TheSummoner
2009-06-03, 01:50 PM
Well, the Shirley thing can be explained that she was commanded to live, and she was physically unable to live. Geass can't make people things that they aren't capable of and Shirley was a goner at that point.

Euphie on the other hand may have been dieing, but that isn't what prevented her from trying to kill Suzaku. She managed to convince herself otherwise, telling herself to ignore the fact that he was Japanese.

Oh... and if you want to see something horrible, but hilarious... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsTVkiXxDUo)

It really shouldn't be as funny as it is... (this one is also pretty good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spTW1l56SMQ&feature=related))

Oslecamo
2009-06-03, 01:59 PM
I think that had more to do with the fact that she was dying. Lelouch's Geass had no effect on... someone else who lay dying either (and I don't mean it was resisted, I mean it did nothing).

My theory is that it's kinda hard to rewrite someone's brain when said brain is failing due to the lack of blood and oxygen, just as you would have an hard time hacking a computer wich is crashing.

Also, altough Yagami could indeed manipulate people, they would still die soon afterwards, wich raises suspicions. Lulu can infiltrate the perfect sleeper agent and use it only when he really needs it. And then use it some more. Some tasks take more than 23 days to acomplish.(like finding out that other mastermind)

thubby
2009-06-03, 02:38 PM
Well, the Shirley thing can be explained that she was commanded to live, and she was physically unable to live. Geass can't make people things that they aren't capable of and Shirley was a goner at that point.

i don't think it's the dying that is the problem, it's the lack of response. someone who can't fulfill a geas still tries. Shirley just went on like nothing had happened.

TheSummoner
2009-06-03, 02:42 PM
And how, exactly, would you expect her trying to live to look?

With Suzaku, it shows him avoiding life threatening situations and doing whatever he can to ensure survival, but he was never mortally wounded.

There was nothing Shirley COULD do to live through that. She did everything she could do... it just happened to be nothing.

Prime32
2009-06-03, 02:59 PM
There was nothing Shirley COULD do to live through that. She did everything she could do... it just happened to be nothing.However, IIRC her eyes do not even glow (can't get at Youtube to check).

Oslecamo
2009-06-03, 03:02 PM
However, IIRC her eyes do not even glow (can't get at Youtube to check).

They kinda bliped, glowing for a split second and then disapearing, probably because she was more dead than alive, blurting out deep philosophical stuff wich shows her brain wasn't working that well anymore(wich is expected when someone has lost so many blood as she lost).

Xondoure
2009-06-03, 04:18 PM
[/thread derailment]

Reverent-One
2009-06-03, 06:19 PM
However, IIRC her eyes do not even glow (can't get at Youtube to check).

She'd already been geassed back in season 1, when Lelouch made her forget him, thus she couldn't be geassed again.

Haven
2009-06-03, 06:35 PM
She'd already been geassed back in season 1, when Lelouch made her forget him, thus she couldn't be geassed again.

Jeremiah used his Geass canceler on her, which erased the previous geass and meant it would have worked on her again...if it had been possible for her to comply.

Come to think of it, Jeremiah might be a significant thorn in Light's side in this scenario: his personality means that using the Note for anything other than killing him is more than a "reasonable suggestion" (I was never too clear on the limits of that, but Jeremiah's 100% unshakable loyalty presumably means that he'd be no more able to betray Lelouch than that one random criminal could reveal L's identity). Also, even if the Shinigami eyes are in play, most of his face is covered. And how would the Geass Canceler interact (since the World of C, the origin of Geass, also governs the afterlife and hence, probably, Shinigami)?

But slightly less stretchily, it's not clear how a Note would affect him: considering all the damage to his body and the modifications that were made, would it even be possible for him to have a heart attack? Does he even count as a human/alive for the purposes of the Note anymore?

Agrippa
2009-06-03, 07:12 PM

How about the Joker, Jonathan Teatime, Granny Weatherwax and Deadpool? How much of an effect would the Geass have on them anyway?

Agrippa
2009-06-03, 07:16 PM

Then why order them to commit such vile acts in the first place? How could such atrocities have helped to make the world a better place for Nunnaly? The Operative would be shocked and horrified by Lelouch's cruel and counter productive behavior.

Reverent-One
2009-06-03, 07:24 PM
Jeremiah used his Geass canceler on her, which erased the previous geass and meant it would have worked on her again...if it had been possible for her to comply.

Sure Jeremiah had used the Geass canceler, but they never said the canceler reset the number of times Lelouch can use his geass on a person, unless I missed it.

Then why order them to commit such vile acts in the first place? How could such atrocities have helped to make the world a better place for Nunnaly? The Operative would be shocked and horrified by Lelouch's cruel and counter productive behavior.

He made the statement as a hypothetical one, right as he began losing control over his power, thus unintentionally giving the order.

TheSummoner
2009-06-03, 07:25 PM

Come to think of it, Jeremiah might be a significant thorn in Light's side in this scenario: his personality means that using the Note for anything other than killing him is more than a "reasonable suggestion" (I was never too clear on the limits of that, but Jeremiah's 100% unshakable loyalty presumably means that he'd be no more able to betray Lelouch than that one random criminal could reveal L's identity). Also, even if the Shinigami eyes are in play, most of his face is covered. And how would the Geass Canceler interact (since the World of C, the origin of Geass, also governs the afterlife and hence, probably, Shinigami)?

But slightly less stretchily, it's not clear how a Note would affect him: considering all the damage to his body and the modifications that were made, would it even be possible for him to have a heart attack? Does he even count as a human/alive for the purposes of the Note anymore?

Well... first off... If he still has a heart, he can have a heart attack. We really don't know enough about his biology to know that though. Regardless, Light could use other methods to kill him... The Seigfried explodes with him inside for example. Hes a cyborg, but hes most definatly alive. (Edit: Considering he wasn't killed, when Lelouch used the Gefjun Disturber on him, its safe to say that his vital organs are all intact, and their function hasn't been taken over by the cybernetic parts)

I don't remember the specifics of any rules about a it having to be a "reasonable suggestion," but I would presume that means the person has to be physically or mentally capable of doing what is written, similar to the limit on Lelouch's geass. It may be completly out of character for Jeremiah to betray Lelouch, but it is physically possible and since he knows Lelouch's identity, he is mentally capable of giving Light his identity.

As I said before, I doubt Light would make the eye trade, but if he did, somehow get access to Shinigami eyes, I think whats not covered of Jeremiah's face would be enough. Only about a quarter of his face is covered... just the left eye and the area around it. The rest is perfectly visible. Even if not, his name is readily known... the famous Orange-kun, traitor to the Brittanian Empire.