PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 54: Hunter Killer Vs Nuhk

ArenaManager
2009-05-28, 08:00 AM
Arena Tournament, Round 54: Hunter Killer vs. Nuhk

Map:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Bitzeralisis/Arena%20Tournament%20Maps/Sambusei.gif

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Hunter Killer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=125655) - Ganurath
Nuhk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=125819) - arpin

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare any final purchases.

Ganurath
2009-05-28, 03:28 PM
Not making any purchases, but reserving the right to make reactionary purchases if applicable.

[roll0]

arpin
2009-05-29, 09:36 PM
I'll start on Y13. My initiative: [roll0]

Sheet
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=125819

I currently have Nuhk also in an exhibition match, so I'll keep track of changes in spoilers.

Ganurath
2009-05-29, 11:54 PM
Hunter Kill

I'll be starting in B14. I've waited long enough that I won't stall initiative. The hunt is on!

Hunter Killer, presumably with his spear at the ready, takes a double move action to go from B14 to H14.

Stats:

Hp: 9/9
AC: Full AC 16, Flat-Footed AC 13, Touch AC 13 (+3 Dex, +3 Armor)

Skirmish +1d6 damage, Death Devotion 1/1

Turn complete.

arpin
2009-05-30, 06:10 AM
Axe and shield in hands, I move to Q13

Connor Darkdart
2009-05-31, 04:49 AM
Initiate Reff Conbar

LoS Check

Ganurath
You can see Nuhk standing in Q13

Arpin
You can see Hunter Kill in H14

I would ask that Arpin start listing stats such as HP, AC and the such at the bottom of his posts. this should be in this format

HP:
AC: (What gives you this AC (e.g. spells, Dex, armor) as well as Flatfooted and Touch)
Effects Currently on Character: Effect (Duration)
Spells Prepared: (if applicable)

This information should always be spoiled at the bottom of your post.

arpin
2009-05-31, 07:41 AM
HP:27/27, AC:17 +2dex,+2shield,+4armor,-1flaw, FF:15, Touch:11 No current effects or spells prepared

Ganurath
2009-05-31, 10:57 AM
Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer takes a move action from H14 to J14, the catfolk shifting the grip on his longspear as though for a sweeping strike.

Condition of readied action: Nuhk enters a square threatened by Hunter Killer.
Readied action: Scatter the bridge.

Stats:

Skirmish +1d6 damage, Death Devotion 1/1

Turn complete.

arpin
2009-05-31, 11:19 AM
I rage, charge, and attack [roll0] [roll1]

Ganurath
2009-05-31, 11:35 AM
Actually, you charge, and in so doing enter a square that a threaten. You didn't specify L13 or L14, but both are covered by my longspear's reach. This triggers the readied action of scattering the bridge out from beneath you, which forces a DC 15 Balance check to avoid sinking into the quicksand. Since we aren't adjacent when I do this, you aren't able to make the AoO that the move action provokes. Rules citation in the spoiler for your convencience, point 4, and don't forget to apply that Armor Check Penalty. For some reason, Myth-Weavers never automatically applies it for you.

Sambusei

Stairs each rise 5'.
Cliff squares only have a 3' tall cliff face on the top.
Must succeed on a climb check DC 15 to stand on a cliff square or fall 20'.
If planks are scattered while a character occupies them, that character must make a DC 15 balance check to remain standing, or fall into the quicksand. The scattering also provokes a concentration check for vigorous motion if a spell is being cast. Planks remain stationary if scattered.

arpin
2009-05-31, 11:52 AM
I'm not allowed to use balance because I'm enraged, but if I can, here's the roll: [roll0]

Ganurath
2009-05-31, 11:59 AM
Either way you're in the quicksand. If you have the DMG on you, page 88 has the details of quicksand in the right column. If not, you need to make a DC 10 Swim check to stay afloat (again penalized) or a DC 15 Swim check to move 5 feet. Fail by 5 or more, and you sink and start to drown. Remind me, can you make Swim checks while raging? Edit: Just checked SRD, you can.

I know it's still your turn, but right now HK is giving the Cheshire Cat a run for its money with his grin.

arpin
2009-05-31, 04:14 PM
Swim check to stay afloat:[roll0]

I think I'll leave my shield.

Is ganurath even allowed to scatter the boards without being adjacent?

Mavian
2009-05-31, 11:17 PM
High Ref Mav:

On the map J14 is adjacent to the planks... They start in K14.

Ganurath
2009-06-01, 12:03 AM
Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer takes a move action from J14 to H14, then lets out a low hiss as his eyes roll briefly into the back of his head, a necromantic aura visibly pulsing around the head of his spear as he uses a standard action to activate his Death Devotion feat. "Now, a cat would have landed on his feet."

Stats:

Skirmish +1d6 damage, weapon inflicts a negative level in addition to damage (DC 12 Fort negates)

Turn complete.

arpin
2009-06-01, 05:50 PM
Assuming ganurath won't do anything, I'll try to get out [roll0]

Ganurath
2009-06-01, 06:23 PM
Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer takes a seat on the ground in H14, examining the tip of his spear nonchalantly as his opponent goes under. He gives the quicksand frequent glances, waiting patiently for the dwarf to resurface. "I'm waiting..."

OOC: Not that it made a difference on the check in this case, but your Armor Class Penalty is down by 2 since you dropped your shield. May want to remember that for the future.

Readied an action, and will ready that action in subsequent rounds until the barbarian resurfaces.Readied an action to stand upright when his opponent breaks through to the surface.

Stats:

Skirmish +1d6 damage, weapon inflicts a negative level in addition to damage (DC 12 Fort negates) (9 rounds duration left)

Turn complete, but linking this thread in the waiting area to see what rules there are, if any, for you to resurface on your own and escape drowning. I suggest you wait before making the Constitution check to hold your breath (DC 10+ the number of previous rounds) to see if there's anything you can do but hold your breath.

arpin
2009-06-01, 08:04 PM
I can hold my breath for 40 rounds with no checks. I'm trying to swim up [roll0]

Ganurath
2009-06-01, 08:20 PM
Hunter Killer

Same as previous round, but without the impatient taunt and only 8 rounds left on Death's Devotion.

Also, may want to check with a ref on whether Constitution checks are made with your modifier or your score. You'll also want to consider when your rage ends and the impact of fatigue on your math. Don't forget that the Swim and hold breath DCs both increase by 1 each round (so 16 and 11 this time, respectively.)

Turn Complete.

arpin
2009-06-02, 06:05 AM
It says quite clearly that I can hold my breath without checks for rounds equal to twice my constitution (40, my con is 20).

If I fail this swim check, I can no longer win [roll0]

Ganurath
2009-06-02, 12:55 PM
Hmm... Yeah, I don't see it being possible to shed your armor in enough rounds to make a difference. Good effort, though. I'll let the refs know the match is over.

Kyeudo
2009-06-02, 02:21 PM
GM Kyeudo

Nuhk could get out of his armor in 10 rounds, but the decrease in his Armor Check penalty would be more than offset by the additional penalties for being under.

Hunter Killer is the Winner!