PDA

View Full Version : Homeless man Vs Bear

kopout
2009-05-28, 04:43 PM
Jamanji man fights a bear! (http://www.keenesentinel.com/articles/2009/05/27/news/local/free/id_357521.txt) Way to go Jamanji man!

Canadian
2009-05-28, 07:12 PM
Too bad. I hope next time the bear wins. One less person on welfare. Go bears!

TheBST
2009-05-28, 07:14 PM
I smell a straight-to-video Grizzly Man sequel!

kopout
2009-05-28, 07:28 PM

I actually know this guy he is sort of a famous in the region.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 07:29 PM
I actually know this guy he is sort of a famous in the region.

Well if a bear eats a famous person it makes the bear even more famous. Go bears!

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/colbert-bears-threatdown.jpg

reorith
2009-05-28, 07:34 PM

wow Canadian. just wow. that is harsh and i know a thing or two about inappropriate insensitive comments.

kopout
2009-05-28, 07:38 PM
wow Canadian. just wow. that is harsh and i know a thing or two about inappropriate insensitive comments.

Thats what I said! not in print or anything but you know.I think he's just joking.

reorith
2009-05-28, 07:48 PM
Thats what I said! not in print or anything but you know.I think he's just joking.

not really, that's the messed up part. like i may give horrible advice, laugh at all manner of terrible things, troll without remorse, steal from the elderly, double park in handicapped spaces, but i've never wished another human being to be mauled by a bear in order to reduce the social and economical costs of poverty. :smallannoyed:

Berserk Monk
2009-05-28, 07:55 PM
I would pay to see this fight!!!:smallbiggrin:

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:03 PM
I would pay to see this fight!!!:smallbiggrin:

I'll bring the honey and dump it on the homeless guy!

Hey, why can't we just let hungry bears loose in the welfare office?

Or just move the welfare office to a hut deep in the woods. We can tape the checks to the hungry bears. Whoever can grab one and live cashes the check!

Me inappropriate!?! I'm not the guy who set up camp in the bear's front yard and then got angry when the bear had the nerve to come and defend it's home.

As far as I'm concerned the guy violated the bear's space and got what he deserved. If he wants to live in a bear free environment he should get a job and live in a house live every other normal person.

The woods belong to the bears. Use at your own risk.

GO BEARS!

Berserk Monk
2009-05-28, 08:04 PM

Or just move the welfare office to a hut deep in the woods. We can tape the checks to the hungry bears. Whoever can grab one and live cashes the check!

Good point. I'll talk to my druid buddies about that. It might be hard for them though: they're imaginary.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:07 PM
Good point. I'll talk to my druid buddies about that. It might be hard for them though: they're imaginary.

But the honey is real!

http://www.blogcdn.com/news.bigdownload.com/media/2008/09/threat2binghamcojune17.jpg

TheBST
2009-05-28, 08:08 PM

That's completely arse-backwards.

Take the bear to a business complex and set it a loose during a series of stockholder meetings.

Come to think of it, a surprisingly large proportion of the world's problems could probably be solved with enough angry bears.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-28, 08:08 PM
But the honey is real!

The honey is a lie.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:09 PM
Take the bear to a business complex and set it a loose during a series of stockholder meetings.

They have their own "Bulls and Bears" to worry about. Have you seen the stock market lately?

What's with the anti bear hate!?! Aren't they allowed to live in the woods? Suddenly one crazy homeless guy has more rights than the bear does in it's own home? At least the bear has a home and a job eating the homeless.

http://images0.cafepress.com/product/45755290v1_350x350_Front.jpg

TheBST
2009-05-28, 08:11 PM
They have their own "Bulls and Bears" to worry about. Have you seen the stock market lately?

Exactly! Enough of this popular protest crap, let's sic a bear on the buggers. See how careful they become with the funds after that.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:19 PM
Actually it's the stockholders that lost all their money. Like people's grandparents losing their retirement funds and such. It wouldn't be right to sick the bears on a stockholders meeting. :smallfrown:

It's the Presidents of the companies and their board of directors that are responsible for the mess. Also the government is to blame as well. Please leave the stockholders alone. Lots of them worked their whole lives to save for retirement and it's all gone now. :smalleek:

I'd be very happy to see the bears eat the board of directors for Bank Of America. :smallbiggrin:

P.S. Liverpool Represent !!!!!!:smallsmile:

Alteran
2009-05-28, 08:19 PM
I laughed out loud when I read the title of this thread. And that makes me a bad person. :smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2009-05-28, 08:24 PM
Canadian, don't take this personally, but you are a horrible person and I hope you go bankrupt and are forced into homelessness.

kopout
2009-05-28, 08:25 PM
I laughed out loud when I read the title of this thread. And that makes me a bad person. :smallbiggrin:

Yes, but not as bad as some other people. Canadian

TheBST
2009-05-28, 08:26 PM
Actually it's the stockholders that lost all their money. Like people's grandparents losing their retirement funds and such. It wouldn't be right to sick the bears on a stockholders meeting. :smallfrown:

...did I type 'stockholders' instead of 'directors'? I did, didn't I. Christ, my brain's faulty today.

Sod it, just release bears throughout the whole building. Like Die Hard but with angry bears. Install secret cameras everywhere. We might finally have a reality TV show worth watching.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:28 PM
Canadian, don't take this personally, but you are a horrible person and I hope you go bankrupt and are forced into homelessness.

If I was I'd have enough courage to stand up to the bear and kick it's ass while getting a job and getting off the streets and making something of my life.:smallbiggrin:

I hope you become homeless too. You can eat my food after my digestive system is through with it. I'll sleep in the cardboard box and you can sleep under the cardboard box. :smallwink:

...did I type 'stockholders' instead of 'directors'? I did, didn't I. Christ, my brain's faulty today.

Sod it, just release bears throughout the whole building. Like Die Hard but with angry bears. Install secret cameras everywhere. We might finally have a reality TV show worth watching.

We'll rebuild Nakatomi plaza. Put Bruce willis in there and give him a walkie talkie to he can say cool stuff to the cop on the outside. Throw a few german terrorists in there too. Plus some honey.

We'll do the commentary live from Liverpool.

TheBST
2009-05-28, 08:32 PM
We'll do the commentary live from Liverpool.

See, that was the problem with your plan to release them at the welfare center. In Liverpool that'd wipe out 4/5ths of the population.

kopout
2009-05-28, 08:33 PM
keep it civil every body

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:36 PM
keep it civil every body

You're the one who unleashed the bears! :smallsmile:

EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! :smalleek:

reorith
2009-05-28, 08:42 PM
Me inappropriate!?! I'm not the guy who set up camp in the bear's front yard and then got angry when the bear had the nerve to come and defend it's home.

As far as I'm concerned the guy violated the bear's space and got what he deserved. If he wants to live in a bear free environment he should get a job and live in a house live every other normal person.

GO BEARS!

maybe you missed the day in school when everyone else covered how bears can't own property. also, have you ever seen the end result of a bear mauling?

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:46 PM
maybe you missed the day in school when everyone else covered how bears can't own property. also, have you ever seen the end result of a bear mauling?

A homeless man can't own property either. I say it makes it a fair fight from a legal perspective.

Here's a mauling:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~sebulbac/burton/images/james/james_1.gif

A little creepy. But still cute! :smallsmile:

kopout
2009-05-28, 08:47 PM

GO BEARS!

Soooo, you're against camping on principle? Its the same thing really.

Alleine
2009-05-28, 08:50 PM
Nononono, see, we take the homeless and train them as our bear cavalry. Then we airdrop the bear cavalry into X country that we're in an armed conflict with/just generally don't like and the whole thing is resolved. The homeless have jobs(and bear steeds, which I personally think is better than a job) and they're helping out the country.

This is of course until everyone else gets bear cavalry as well. Then we might as well just drop nukes on ourselves to escape the terrible wrath of the bear cavalry. You know, there's just something fun about saying 'bear cavalry'.
bear cavalry bear cavalry bear cavalry bear cavalry bear cavalry

Canadian
Soooo, you're against camping on principle? Its the same thing really.

I'm not against camping at all. If you're going to camp where the bears are don't complain when the bears chase you. The moron kept loads of raisins in his tent. What did he expect?

I'm not against crossing the street either. But if you choose to run in front of a speeding car don't complain about it.

Darwin is on the bear's side in this case.

SurlySeraph
If I was I'd have enough courage to stand up to the bear and kick it's ass while getting a job and getting off the streets and making something of my life.:smallbiggrin:

I hope you become homeless too. You can eat my food after my digestive system is through with it. I'll sleep in the cardboard box and you can sleep under the cardboard box. :smallwink:

Clearly you've never had to spend a night outdoors. Or struggle to find an employer who would hire you. Or face a bear without bars in between you, for that matter.
Go outside and spend ten minutes talking to the first homeless person you find. Ask him how he lost his home. Ask him why he can't get off the streets. Ask him how much good, if any, welfare does him. Ask him if he's tried to get a job. If you're half this callous afterwards, I'll be shocked.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:51 PM
Nononono, see, we take the homeless and train them as our bear cavalry. Then we airdrop the bear cavalry into X country that we're in an armed conflict with/just generally don't like and the whole thing is resolved. The homeless have jobs(and bear steeds, which I personally think is better than a job) and they're helping out the country.

This is of course until everyone else gets bear cavalry as well. Then we might as well just drop nukes on ourselves to escape the terrible wrath of the bear cavalry. You know, there's just something fun about saying 'bear cavalry'.
bear cavalry bear cavalry bear cavalry bear cavalry bear cavalry

If you dress the homeless up as cossacks with sickles and give them lots of crystal meth I'd lead the bear cavalry any day! :smallsmile:

Clearly you've never had to spend a night outdoors. Or struggle to find an employer who would hire you. Or face a bear without bars in between you, for that matter.
Go outside and spend ten minutes talking to the first homeless person you find. Ask him how he lost his home. Ask him why he can't get off the streets. Ask him how much good, if any, welfare does him. Ask him if he's tried to get a job. If you're half this callous afterwards, I'll be shocked.

There are no homeless people near here. We take care of that...:smallamused:

Alleine
2009-05-28, 08:54 PM
What's the crystal meth for?! :smalleek:

TheBST
2009-05-28, 08:54 PM

Entertainment.

Syka
2009-05-28, 08:55 PM
The way I understood it, the man was camped out in a wooded area in town (like a park type place) not the woods proper.

That said, he also doesn't sound like the type to be using welfare, seeing as he turned down the cops offers of assistance. Some people are actually homeless because they want to be.

That that said...homeless man v bear- 1 to 1. They both won since, ya know, they're both still alive.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:56 PM

They take more hits before they go down. Turns each homeless bear rider into a "meth monster" that can take ten bullets to the chest without going down!

Some people are actually homeless because they want to be.

Ergo some people are chased by bears because they want to be.

SurlySeraph
2009-05-28, 08:57 PM
I'm not against camping at all. If you're going to camp where the bears are don't complain when the bears chase you. The moron kept loads of raisins in his tent. What did he expect?

I'm not against crossing the street either. But if you choose to run in front of a speeding car don't complain about it.

Darwin is on the bear's side in this case.

Before the bear turned up at the campsite, it was spotted moving across lawns and rummaging through bird feeders and trash cans in downtown Keene in the areas of Colby and South streets.

So camping in a town makes you a moron? Keeping food where you live makes you a moron?

There are no homeless people near here. We take care of that...:smallamused:

":smallamused:" Like you're proud of it, and think it's funny.
If I posted "There are no black people near here. We take care of that...:smallamused:", what would you think? Discriminating against someone because they're trapped in poverty is no matter than discriminating against someone because of their skin color.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 08:59 PM
So camping in a town makes you a moron? Keeping food where you live makes you a moron?

":smallamused:" Like you're proud of it, and think it's funny.
If I posted "There are no black people near here. We take care of that...:smallamused:", what would you think? Discriminating against someone because they're trapped in poverty is no matter than discriminating against someone because of their skin color.

Yes camping in a town is stupid. There are lots of buildings to live in.

People can't choose their skin color. They can choose to get up off their ass and get a job and stop complaining about the bears. Shouldn't an angry bear chasing you be a sign that you should get your act together and get off the streets for good?

Liverpool Represent!!!

SurlySeraph
2009-05-28, 09:08 PM
Yes camping in a town is stupid. There are lots of buildings to live in.

You don't seem to understand how homelessness works. Unless you're being intentionally dense.
Homeless people. Don't. Have. Homes. No one is willing to take them in. They are kicked out of public buildings. There is nowhere indoors they can stay. That's why they're homeless.

People can't choose their skin color. They can choose to get up off their ass and get a job and stop complaining about the bears. Shouldn't an angry bear chasing you be a sign that you should get your act together and get off the streets for good?

Wrong. (http://www.urban.org/publications/310291.html) Most homeless people don't choose to stay jobless any more than gunshot victims choose to be shot. 44% of them work, but don't get paid enough to get anywhere to live. The rest can't get hired anywhere, because when you're uneducated, unclean, and unable to afford education or a shower (i.e. most homeless people), people generally aren't willing to hire you. Essentially, you're saying that people with broken legs should stop complaining and walk.

Canadian
2009-05-28, 09:14 PM
44% of them work, but don't get paid enough to get anywhere to live.

He sure wasn't working when the bear came. I bet the bear was the only thing that got him off his lazy ass.

http://www.folkmanis.com/images/media/tv/polarbear_colbert.jpg

How can you take the homeless guys side. Look at the bear. It's cute! :smallsmile:Homeless people are smelly and awful!

Alteran
2009-05-28, 09:18 PM
Keeping food where you live makes you a moron?

If you live around bears, then yes, it does. However, I agree with pretty much everything else you've said.

SurlySeraph
2009-05-28, 09:22 PM
If you live around bears, then yes, it does. However, I agree with pretty much everything else you've said.

Where do you propose keeping food, then? In a safe deposit box?

reorith
2009-05-28, 09:33 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear-resistant_food_storage_container

Alteran
2009-05-28, 09:33 PM

I propose you move away from the bears.

Alleine
2009-05-28, 09:41 PM
How can you take the homeless guys side. Look at the bear. It's cute! :smallsmile:Homeless people are smelly and awful!

I thought they are godless killing machines?

Alteran
2009-05-28, 09:44 PM
Who says godless killing machines can't be cute?

Alleine
2009-05-28, 09:45 PM
Good point.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 08:59 AM
Aww!!!!! Cute bear. So much nicer than a smelly homeless person. Go bears!

http://www.canada-photos.com/data/media/16/cute-black-bear_319.jpg

Anyone who's against this little guy in favor of a crazy homeless guy is just plain mean. He tried to hit the bear with a shovel. That's mean!!!!

So Cute!!!!!:smallsmile:

Serpentine
2009-05-29, 09:32 AM
My. God. I do believe you have finally crossed that line between "offensive" and "breaking Playground rules" you've been toeing for so long.
Report'd.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 09:38 AM

that thing can be expected to make comments like that.:smallannoyed:

anyway: Go Jumanji!

Canadian
2009-05-29, 09:41 AM
My. God. I do believe you have finally crossed that line between "offensive" and "breaking Playground rules" you've been toeing for so long.
Report'd.

Feel free to report me any time. :smallsmile:

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 09:42 AM
Canadian? Are you... highly medicated? Or something? Or do you usually act this insensitive and asinine :smallconfused:?

Serpentine
2009-05-29, 09:44 AM
I believe I said I already did.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 09:45 AM
Feel free to report me any time. :smallsmile:

I half expect to find a news report about you finally admitting your off your rocker and hitting yourself in your own head with a shoe in the middle of a crowded town square.

Such intolerance and ignorance is both criminal and why I want to make education necessary until the age of 25.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 09:47 AM
Canadian? Are you... highly medicated? Or something? Or do you usually act this insensitive and asinine :smallconfused:?

It could be that I'm not actually insensitive but that other people around here are hypersensitive. I suggest they all go hug a homeless person if they like them so much. I'd hug a baby bear any time - as long as the mama bear isn't around.

I half expect to find a news report about you finally admitting your off your rocker and hitting yourself in your own head with a shoe in the middle of a crowded town square.

Such intolerance and ignorance is both criminal and why I want to make education necessary until the age of 25.

If I was homeless I'd use the shovel that I use to hit poor defenseless animals with.

I believe I said I already did.

You misunderstood my response. It was a sign that I saw that you reported me and also an invitation to report me any time in the future.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 09:50 AM
If I was homeless I'd use the shovel that I use to hit poor defenseless animals with.

Natural selection gave Bears claws: Claws are weapons.
Natural selection gave humans tolerance and knowledge: these are our weapons which you seem to have misplaced.

Serpentine
2009-05-29, 09:51 AM
There are whole families of homeless people because they've lost their homes and can't afford to rent a new place. Many of the rest, particularly in Australia, are on the streets because we shut down most of our mental institutions a few decades ago, their families can't deal with them, and there's nowhere else for them to go.
You obviously have no fear of ever falling on hard times. A shame, I think you could learn a lot.

Grey Paladin
2009-05-29, 09:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Shdow/BearLore.png

No mortal man can face a bear.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 09:56 AM
Wow guys. Did you even read the article? Here's quotes directly from the article:

Game Officer Josiah Towne said.

The bear was going after raisins and other food that Kolek was storing inside the tent, Towne said.

“He was an easy target for the bear because he had food down there that was easily accessible to the bear,” Towne said. “This time of year, they’re coming out for food and they’re hungry.”

We have a game officer stating that the bear came looking for food not a fight. Bears are naturally hungry at this time of the year and it just wanted the raisins.

Kolek attempted to fight off the bear with a long-handled shovel, and the bear chased him through the woods to the edge of Route 101, Towne said. The bear then turned and went back to Kolek’s tent, he said.

He should have just let the bear eat the raisins. Then the bear would leave. It never tried to hurt him until he attacked the bear with a shovel. He initiated the combat. Then the bear chased him.

Police and other agencies have repeatedly offered to find Kolek shelter and give him a cell phone so he could call 911 if he had an emergency, but he has turned them down, Keene police Lt. Jay U. Duguay said.

So much for homeless people having "no choice" in life about making things better for themselves.

Darwin is on the side of the bear in this case!

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 09:59 AM
~stupid stuff~

With your logic you hitting yourself in the head with a shoe would be you being attacked by an animated shoe.

Grey Paladin
2009-05-29, 10:00 AM
That guy fought off a true demon of mother nature. He is a paragon of mankind. He isolates himself from the world and society to perfect his craft and stand against the furry tides of darkness when the day comes. A hermit, shovelman, philosopher, and savior.

Until you have achieved the same you have no right to open your mouth regarding this figure of myth.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 10:00 AM
There are whole families of homeless people because they've lost their homes and can't afford to rent a new place. Many of the rest, particularly in Australia, are on the streets because we shut down most of our mental institutions a few decades ago, their families can't deal with them, and there's nowhere else for them to go.
You obviously have no fear of ever falling on hard times. A shame, I think you could learn a lot.

The above mentioned are not the fault of the bear or any other wildlife. If someone in Australia decides to live in a poisonous snake pit they can expect to get bitten. Be mad at your government but leave the bears alone. The bears have a home in the woods and everyone including the homeless should respect the territory and power of the wild bear.

Serpentine
2009-05-29, 10:01 AM
This homeless person. One person does not an entire community make. And no, I didn't look at it, I was put off. So I wasn't "on the homeless person's side" or any such nonsense. I, and most others here, have not said a single word about the bear. In any case, stupidity (or, quite likely, mental illness) is not worthy of a death sentence. If it was, we wouldn't be having this discussion...

For everyone in need of a destressor:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-kitten-is-named-aw.jpg
Kitteh meets garbage can (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfvlBmc_9Q4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ficanhascheezburger%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded)

Canadian
2009-05-29, 10:01 AM
That guy fought off a true demon of mother nature. He is a paragon of mankind. He isolates himself from the world and society to perfect his craft and stand against the furry tides of darkness when the day comes. A hermit, shovelman, philosopher, and savior.

Until you have achieved the same you have no right to open your mouth regarding this figure of myth.

Neither do you! That didn't stop you either.

http://blogs.townonline.com/watertown/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/shovele2.jpg

This homeless personis not worthy of a death sentence. If it was, we wouldn't be having this discussion...

It's a death sentence if the government kills him after a trial by jury. If a bear eats him that's just mother nature at work. Plus a darwin award.

Grey Paladin
2009-05-29, 10:04 AM
You know who else loved bears?

STALIN

You aren't a communist, are you?

Serpentine
2009-05-29, 10:06 AM
I like bears, and I like Socialism. Please don't try to bring politics, jokingly or otherwise, into this.
Canadian, that was "death sentence" in the colloquial sense. I suspect you knew that.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 10:07 AM
You know who else loved bears?

STALIN

You aren't a communist, are you?

Did you even read the part about the awesome homeless bear cavalry. I've got my sickle right here!

http://skill.ru/images/2006/03/23/121182.jpg

Bear cavalry! Full of communism and WIN!

I like bears, and I like Socialism. Please don't try to bring politics, jokingly or otherwise, into this.
Canadian, that was "death sentence" in the colloquial sense. I suspect you knew that.

You're the one that made it political. If there's a homeless guy and a bear in the woods there is no politics. What is fair does not matter. What matters is how the homeless guy handles it. He attacked the bear with a shovel. He's lucky to be alive. He should have left it alone.

Grey Paladin
2009-05-29, 10:15 AM
Tesla's Capitalist Death Ray will put down any number of reds!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Shdow/TeslaDeathRay.jpg

Canadian
2009-05-29, 10:17 AM
Motherlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!

http://saltinthecode.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/gloomy-bear.jpg

Are a bunch of raisins really worth all this?

Serpentine
2009-05-29, 10:19 AM
You're the one that made it political. If there's a homeless guy and a bear in the woods there is no politics....
What? I was talking to Paladin.

What is fair does not matter. What matters is how the homeless guy handles it. He attacked the bear with a shovel. He's lucky to be alive. He should have left it alone.Yes, indeed. He was stupid. You know, like people are, regardless of their current housing status. He didn't deserve to die just because he was dumb or, worse, just because he doesn't have a house - both of which you seemed to be implying, or outright stating.

Paladin: :smallsigh: Report'd for politics, joke or not.

KnightDisciple
2009-05-29, 10:22 AM
Serpentine, I find ignoring Canadian to be much better for long-term mental health.
Not that reporting is a bad option.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 10:23 AM

He didn't deserve to die just because he was dumb or, worse, just because he doesn't have a house - both of which you seemed to be implying, or outright stating.

Paladin: :smallsigh: Report'd for politics, joke or not.

I didn't say he deserves to die. I said I hoped the bear would win. The bear did win. It got the raisins. Even if he got hit he might not die. He could go on permanent disability and his lifestyle would improve. Or he could go on shows and make a career out of being the poster boy for bear safety. "Don't be like me kids. Remember if you have a bear come near you don't ever attack it with a shovel."

Just because he's not on welfare anymore does not mean he's dead. That kind of scare could shake a person into turning their life around. He could write a book about changing his life and go on Oprah.

Regardless of what the does deserve... When you do something stupid you always "get what you deserve."

Serpentine, I find ignoring Canadian to be much better for long-term mental health.
Not that reporting is a bad option.

I agree! The rest of the world ignores Canada. Why can't you?

Grey Paladin
2009-05-29, 10:27 AM
Serp: He's trolling you, you know. No point in arguing someone who just wants to argue unless you enjoy arguing, at which point you are just trolling him back.

Also, I thought you liked me eagletear.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Shdow/SmallKOG.jpg
If this post ends in 5, YOU are the one who is getting reported instead!

EDIT: Canada, all wars are fought over raisins.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 10:31 AM
Serp: He's trolling you, you know. No point in arguing someone who just wants to argue unless you enjoy arguing, at which point you are just trolling him back.

Also, I thought you liked me eagletear.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Shdow/SmallKOG.jpg
If this post ends in 5, YOU are the one who is getting reported instead!

It does take two people to have an argument. Mostly I'm just enjoying the awesomeness of bears and the options to use them as cavalry.

I'll take the moral high ground by sayin Serp and I agree to disagree!

See now nice and reasonable I am.

Argument TERMINATED!

In the meantime

GO BEAR CAVALRY!!!!

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/04/Bear%20Horse.jpg

Serpentine
2009-05-29, 10:32 AM
Too bad. I hope next time the bear wins. One less person on welfare. Go bears!Your very first post contradicts you, unless you're going to try to tell us that you meant getting mauled by a bear would somehow allow him to find a job and a home.

Paladin: I don't think "post ends in a "5"" is a valid reporting reason :smallconfused:

edit: Whatever you say, dear.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 10:35 AM
Your very first post contradicts you, unless you're going to try to tell us that you meant getting mauled by a bear would somehow allow him to find a job and a home.

Paladin: I don't think "post ends in a "5"" is a valid reporting reason :smallconfused:

edit: Whatever you say, dear.

I didn't say he deserves to die. I said I hoped the bear would win. The bear did win. It got the raisins. Even if he got hit he might not die. He could go on permanent disability and his lifestyle would improve. Or he could go on shows and make a career out of being the poster boy for bear safety. "Don't be like me kids. Remember if you have a bear come near you don't ever attack it with a shovel."

Just because he's not on welfare anymore does not mean he's dead. That kind of scare could shake a person into turning their life around. He could write a book about changing his life and go on Oprah.

I already said this in a prev post. Please read the responses before shooting back. Besides I already offered to drop it. Please accept! :smallannoyed:

It isn't my style to go around reporting people. I'm actually being nice here. :smallsmile:

Grey Paladin
2009-05-29, 10:39 AM
Proper etiquette is to shout 'C - C- COMBO BREAKER' when breaking a combo.

Or responding properly with
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Shdow/kogpunch.jpg

bluewind95
2009-05-29, 10:43 AM
:smallsigh: I hadn't been so disgusted by people in a while. To think that I come to the playground precisely because such people are the exception, rather than the norm... and then to see a thread so thoroughly infested...

Anyways, on topic... that was quite something. I find it interesting that this person refuses help for his situation. So, then, not so much a homeless man but a hermit of sorts by choice? It'd be interesting to know why he made such a choice.

Serpentine
2009-05-29, 10:46 AM
"Permanent disability" isn't welfare? :smallconfused: I thought you wanted people off government support...

I started that post before yours. As I said then: Whatever you say, dear.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 10:48 AM
C - C- COMBO BREAKER

Back on track... Yes I wonder why anyone would choose to be homeless.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 10:55 AM
Yes I wonder why anyone would choose to be homeless.

:smallsigh:...

I don't know, I guess some people just like the feeling of trying and trying but never gettiNo sarcram. My doctor says I need to cut back... :smallannoyed:.

You'd be surprised. Only about 8-11% of the people on welfare are on welfare becasue they are "lazy". Other people have mental disabilities, physical impairments, are discriminated, or just have bad luck... Lots of bad luck. Regardless of what their scenario, some people, are always gonig to be living off the rest of society, usually with reason.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 11:45 AM
:smallsigh:...

I don't know, I guess some people just like the feeling of trying and trying but never gettiNo sarcram. My doctor says I need to cut back... :smallannoyed:.

You'd be surprised. Only about 8-11% of the people on welfare are on welfare becasue they are "lazy". Other people have mental disabilities, physical impairments, are discriminated, or just have bad luck... Lots of bad luck. Regardless of what their scenario, some people, are always gonig to be living off the rest of society, usually with reason.

When you chase a bear and hit it with a shovel you're making your own bad luck.

Faulty
2009-05-29, 11:47 AM

Wow. That's just disgusting.

I like bears, and I like Socialism.

I like you. :smallsmile:

Canadian
2009-05-29, 11:55 AM
Wow. That's just disgusting.

It happened in your country. This wouldn't happen in other countries and I don't mean for lack of bears. Perhaps if your people cared more there would be no homeless people.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 11:58 AM
When you chase a bear and hit it with a shovel you're making your own bad luck.

I define luck as something close to: "The point in time an space where preparation and opportunity meet."

This man would not have been homeless, I don't think, if he had the same luck you and I share Canadian. He would not have had to defend himself, if he was not homeless. :smallannoyed:.

Erts
2009-05-29, 11:58 AM
Having read through this...
I think one of several things might be happening.
1. Canadian really is a jerk with no human compassion.
2. Canadian is trying to be like Steven Colbert, (a satirist of Bill O'reilly, and Fox News in general.) If so, he is doing a bad job.
3. Canadian thinks Steven Colbert is actually the crazy conservative he makes him self out to be, and agrees with him.

Canadian, can you try to have some little bit of human compassion? Having talked to homeless, and knowing people who work at soup kitchens for them, they are not the welfare grubbing bums you make them out to be.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 12:07 PM
At my school the year 10s were in a school-organized task to live like a homeless person for a night, they were woken up every 2 hours and had to move to a different spot, one of my friends described it as a generally awful and hard thing to do and he now takes a more sensitive and informed view to who homeless people are; people who are affected by economic downturn; this could happen to anyone... especially Canadian who should also share the view of myself, my friend and many of the understanding Playgrounders.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 12:32 PM
At my school the year 10s were in a school-organized task to live like a homeless person for a night, they were woken up every 2 hours and had to move to a different spot, one of my friends described it as a generally awful and hard thing to do and he now takes a more sensitive and informed view to who homeless people are; people who are affected by economic downturn; this could happen to anyone... especially Canadian who should also share the view of myself, my friend and many of the understanding Playgrounders.

I'd choose not to participate in that activity. Just like I choose not to be homeless.

they are not the welfare grubbing bums you make them out to be.

What kind of bums are they then? They are on welfare or begging on the street and abusing drugs and alcohol and refusing to make their own lives better.

He would not have had to defend himself, if he was not homeless. :smallannoyed:.

He would not have to defend himself if he didn't hit the bear with a shovel.

I just threw up the Colbert pics because he's afraid of bears.

http://www.comedy-zone.net/pictures/images/animals/animal023.jpg

Washroom break!

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 12:36 PM
What kind of bums are they then? They are on welfare or begging on the street and abusing drugs and alcohol and refusing to make their own lives better.

I take offense to this Canadian, because some of my family lives in a low income neighborhood, and even one distant member is homeless. They have never done drugs, except for the usual beer once in a while, but please, get your facts right before you make a (rash) stereotype.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 12:40 PM
I take offense to this Canadian, because some of my family lives in a low income neighborhood, and even one distant member is homeless. They have never done drugs, except for the usual beer once in a while, but please, get your facts right before you make a (rash) stereotype.

If you're such a great guy why don't you get your homeless relative and move him in with you? All talk and no action. If you really cared for your own flesh and blood you'd do something.

What's your excuse?

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 12:42 PM
If you're such a great guy why don't you get your homeless relative and move him in with you? All talk and no action. If you really cared for your own flesh and blood you'd do something.

What's your excuse?

See, some people want to make it on their own in this world. I have offered to take every last one of my relatives under my roof, but my family at least, is independent. Again, please get any background information before you call me out.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 12:48 PM
I'd choose not to participate in that activity. Just like I choose not to be homeless.

it was compulsory to get a pass in RE which in our school is also compulsory, as it should be for the ignorant: Like you.:smallannoyed:

Canadian
2009-05-29, 12:48 PM
See, some people want to make it on their own in this world. I have offered to take every last one of my relatives under my roof, but my family at least, is independent. Again, please get any background information before you call me out.

If someone is that independent then they don't need anything from anyone. That includes sympathy. They would reject that too. Even feeling sorry for someone like that is a waste of time. I'm sorry to hear a member of your family CHOOSES not to accept your help.

it was compulsory to get a pass in RE which in our school is also compulsory as it should be for the ignorant: Like you.:smallannoyed:

Nothing in life is compulsory except death. It seems you're well trained. You do just as you're told and believe whatever other people tell you. You will serve the overlords well.

http://bigchase.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/obey.jpg

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 12:52 PM
If someone is that independent then they don't need anything from anyone. That includes sympathy. They would reject that too. Even feeling sorry for someone like that is a waste of time. I'm sorry to hear a member of your family CHOOSES not to accept your help.

I'm sure that you have zero first hand knowledge of how it is when times are tough economically. If you are going to make uninformed, and frankly unkind comments about me, and my extended family, you are a waste of my time. I would advise serious therapy to resolve your issues of empathy.

Thank you sir, and good day.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 12:54 PM
I'm sure that you have zero first hand knowledge of how it is when times are tough economically. If you are going to make uninformed, and frankly unkind comments about me, and my extended family, you are a waste of my time. I would advise serious therapy to resolve your issues of empathy.

Thank you sir, and good day.

I said I felt sorry that you have a relative that CHOOSES to refuse your help.

That's an expression of sympathy.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 12:54 PM
Nothing in life is compulsory except death. It seems you're well trained. You do just as you're told and believe whatever other people tell you. You will serve the overlords well.

http://bigchase.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/obey.jpg

Feel the awesome wrath of my arthritic hands and my being in year 11 which prevented me from participation in this most worthy task; even the evil like me would give up one night for such a worthy cause. But heartless monsters such as you should be destroyed.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 12:55 PM
Indeed it is. Although, I said Empathy (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/empathy).

Canadian
2009-05-29, 12:57 PM
Feel the awesome wrath of my arthritic hands and my being in year 11 which prevented me from participation in this most worthy task; even the evil like me would give up one night for such a worthy cause. But heartless monsters such as you should be destroyed.

What? :smallconfused: A worthy cause would have been actually going out and helping a homeless person. Waking up every two hours solves nothing.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 12:58 PM
What? :smallconfused: A worthy cause would have been actually going out and helping a homeless person. Waking up every two hours solves nothing.

the task is meant to make you feel their pain, idiot.:smallannoyed:

Canadian
2009-05-29, 12:58 PM
Indeed it is. Although, I said Empathy (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/empathy).

I chose not to share the negative feelings of others. People should spread positive feelings instead.

the task is meant to make you feel their pain, idiot.:smallannoyed:

a) You won't feel their pain by staying up all night.

b) Even if you did feel their pain they'd still starve to death.

You'd be better off to CHOOSE to tell the teachers that you'd rather actually help a homeless person instead of wasting your time. Of course that would require thinking.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 01:00 PM
I chose not to share the negative feelings of others. People should spread positive feelings instead.

:smallannoyed:?

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:01 PM
How is that not positive?

http://www.funbumperstickers.com/images/Bear1_2.gif

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 01:04 PM
How is that not positive?

:smallsigh:. Because you are wishing ill will on a person. You just stated that that is morally "bad" and we should spread cheer.

EDIT: Proper forum courtesy is to spoiler large images.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:06 PM

I didn't wish Ill on the person. I wished victory for the bear which is positive! Plus I finished it off by saying Go BEARS!

http://bymyart.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/brett-favre-go-bears1.jpg

Feel the awesome wrath of my arthritic hands and my being in year 11 which prevented me from participation in this most worthy task; even the evil like me would give up one night for such a worthy cause.

So being in a higher grade an in a position of greater knowledge and maturity prevented you from participating? How? They would have let you stay awake all night if you asked to.

How does arthritis prevent you from attending a sleep over and yet does not inhibit your ability to type insults at me?

You're full of excuses. You could have done it but you CHOSE not to.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 01:09 PM
I didn't wish Ill on the person. I wished victory for the bear which is positive! Plus I finished it off by saying Go BEARS!

Which means you'd like to see the human injured. By most logic, that is bad.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:12 PM
Which means you'd like to see the human injured. By most logic, that is bad.

By most logic being homeless and attacking a bear with a shovel is bad. What's your point?

You = Logic Fail.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HHU05_zo3Pw/SYH9-NF1jkI/AAAAAAAAAVo/fJtiNpq8TVg/s320/postercry.jpg

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 01:14 PM
By most logic being homeless and attacking a bear with a shovel is bad. What's your point?

Self defensive is bad? Since when? Would you care to explain your stance?

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:17 PM
Self defensive is bad? Since when? Would you care to explain your stance?

Read the article. You people don't read anything:

The bear was going after raisins and other food that Kolek was storing inside the tent, Towne said.

“He was an easy target for the bear because he had food down there that was easily accessible to the bear,” Towne said. “This time of year, they’re coming out for food and they’re hungry.”

Kolek attempted to fight off the bear with a long-handled shovel, and the bear chased him through the woods to the edge of Route 101, Towne said. The bear then turned and went back to Kolek’s tent, he said.

He never should have hit the bear with the shovel. If he just left the tent the bear would have eaten the raisins and left. It wasn't self defense. He attacked the bear.

Grey Paladin
2009-05-29, 01:20 PM
He was heroically defending his raisins from the invader - with his life, no less.

If you are mugged and attack the mugger, is that not self defense?

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:23 PM
He was heroically defending his raisins from the invader - with his life, no less.

If you are mugged and attack the mugger, is that not self defense?

He wasn't mugged by a human so those rules don't apply. I think it's more like "observe the wonders of the natural world."

Actually when you put raisins in your tent you become a meal and the raisins a tasty garnish.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/2766938029_5de4f7a532.jpg

The raisins should have come with a warning!

Winterwind
2009-05-29, 01:24 PM
Folks, just ignore him. Just because he is trying to get himself banned does not mean he should be allowed to pull so many fine Playgrounders with him. Report the more offensive of his posts (yes, I realize that hardly narrows it down) and move on.
And just so my words are not twisted, 'he' refers to Canadian here.

___

Gotta say, that man was rather negligent (unless it's not commonly known there that bears stray into this area). Thank goodness it ended well for him. :smalleek:
And I hope his tent was still in useable state.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 01:26 PM
So being in a higher grade an in a position of greater knowledge and maturity prevented you from participating? How? They would have let you stay awake all night if you asked to.

How does arthritis prevent you from attending a sleep over and yet does not inhibit your ability to type insults at me?

You're full of excuses. You could have done it but you CHOSE not to.

1. this was a year 10 only event.
2. I have athritis in my left knee and both wrists and lower two knuckles on my left hand side, I do most of my typing with my right hand and refrain from using my wrists, although I am lucky enough only to experiance minor discomfort in my hands; Although I can really feel the pain in the Ice-Cold Victorian Highlands of Australia in the middle of the night.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:27 PM
Folks, just ignore him. Just because he is trying to get himself banned does not mean he should be allowed to pull so many fine Playgrounders with him. Report the more offensive of his posts (yes, I realize that hardly narrows it down) and move on.
And just so my words are not twisted, 'he' refers to Canadian here.

___

Gotta say, that man was rather negligent (unless it's not commonly known there that bears stray into this area). Thank goodness it ended well for him. :smalleek:
And I hope his tent was still in useable state.

Finally a voice of reason. I'm not trying to get banned. I just really think the homeless guy set himself up for it. In the woods covered in raisins?

What is he? Hobo Raisin Crisp?

SurlySeraph
2009-05-29, 01:29 PM
So you're saying should have let the bear eat his food, thus increasing the odds that he would starve to death. But you're also saying that he's an idiot for putting himself in danger by fighting the bear. Given your assertions that assertiveness and trying to improve oneself always works, it's hypocritical for you to say that he should have given in and let the bear take his food instead of trying to improve his life by protecting his property.

Or maybe I'm wasting my time overanalyzing statements by some prick who just thinks it's funny when homeless people get attacked by wild animals.

EDIT: And for the last time: he wasn't in the woods. He was in a suburban town. The article makes that pretty clear.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:30 PM
1. this was a year 10 only event.
2. I have athritis in my left knee and both wrists and lower two knuckles on my left hand side, I do most of my typing with my right hand and refrain from using my wrists, although I am lucky enough only to experiance minor discomfort in my hands; Although I can really feel the pain in the Ice-Cold Victorian Highlands of Australia in the middle of the night.

a) You didn't even bother to ask if you could go.

b) Arthritis does not prevent you from going on the sleepover. You said the point was to feel their pain. I'm sure there are many homeless people way more injured than you are. How dare you refuse an opportunity to feel their pain?

You're no better than me. Neither of us went. So quit making excuses and trying to act superior when you've done nothing to help the homeless of even feel their pain.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-29, 01:31 PM
Read the article. You people don't read anything:

He never should have hit the bear with the shovel. If he just left the tent the bear would have eaten the raisins and left. It wasn't self defense. He attacked the bear.

It seems to ME at least the bear was instinctual going for food. The man was instinctual defending it and himself. Neither you nor I can safely say if the bear would or would not have have attacked him after it ate the raisins, but self-defense is perfectly legal, and perfectly moral.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:33 PM
So you're saying should have let the bear eat his food, thus increasing the odds that he would starve to death. But you're also saying that he's an idiot for putting himself in danger by fighting the bear. Given your assertions that assertiveness and trying to improve oneself always works, it's hypocritical for you to say that he should have given in and let the bear take his food instead of trying to improve his life by protecting his property.

Or maybe I'm wasting my time overanalyzing statements by some prick who just thinks it's funny when homeless people get attacked by wild animals.

EDIT: And for the last time: he wasn't in the woods. He was in a suburban town. The article makes that pretty clear.

The police offered him a free cell phone. That's worth way more than some raisins. He could use the phone to contact old friends and relative or a shelter or social workers. He could use the phone to get job interviews. Or just use it to call 911 when he needs help as suggested.

This guy refused the free phone. He is CHOOSING a bad life for himself.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-29, 01:34 PM
This fight would be so more awesome if we give the homeless guy a chainsaw and the bear could breathe fire/

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:37 PM
It seems to ME at least the bear was instinctual going for food. The man was instinctual defending it and himself. Neither you nor I can safely say if the bear would or would not have have attacked him after it ate the raisins, but self-defense is perfectly legal, and perfectly moral.

If the bear was interested in the raisins. Not interested in the homeless person. If he's not attacking the man the man is not defending himself.

Since he has no home he has no claim to defending his home. You can't just hit someone with a shovel if you take their raisins. They have to be trying to do you harm for it to qualify as self defense.

The guy hit the bear for no good reason. It wasn't self defense. Raisin defense would never hold up in court.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 01:38 PM
a) You didn't even bother to ask if you could go.

b) Arthritis does not prevent you from going on the sleepover. You said the point was to feel their pain. I'm sure there are many homeless people way more injured than you are. How dare you refuse an opportunity to feel their pain?

You're no better than me. Neither of us went. So quit making excuses and trying to act superior when you've done nothing to help the homeless of even feel their pain.

1. I did too ask; stop assuming things and you might actually learn a few things about Human kindness.

2. I make my donations to the church; Old clothing that doesn't fit, 10% of money earned before Taxes and sparing as much as I can to beggars ($5-10 if I don't need it). My bones may break but I still would have helped if I were allowed to go; probably even enjoy it knowing that my many friends were there. You can not say I don't do anything to help, especially since I'm not that well off myself.

Grey Paladin
2009-05-29, 01:39 PM
Defending one's property from thieves, no matter its value, justifies violence.

Being obnoxiously annoying (and amusing in the magnitude of success, I must say) is one thing, but stay consistent. A troll that appears to be a reasonable person is far more rageworthy.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:40 PM
This fight would be so more awesome if we give the homeless guy a chainsaw and the bear could breathe fire/

Yeah! FIRE BEAR!

http://www.toastedhead.com/img/firebearart.jpg

I guess once Ash is teleported to the alternate time period he becomes homeless.

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-12947/Gfx/AoD/armydk29.jpg

Defending one's property from thieves, no matter its value, justifies violence.

Being obnoxiously annoying (and amusing in the magnitude of success, I must say) is one thing, but stay consistent. A troll that appears to be a reasonable person is far more rageworthy.

Good to know you're here for quality control!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2381624/2/istockphoto_2381624-seal-of-approval.jpg

1. I did too ask; stop assuming things and you might actually learn a few things

You're the one who assumes that all homeless people have zero choice in life. Which is proven wrong when a homeless man is offered a free cellphone so he can change his life for the better and refuses it.

You're making assumptions too. You just have no evidence to back yours up.

It's usually Homeless Man vs. BEER!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1357/1405469454_7d99b93bc5.jpg?v=0

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 01:57 PM
You're the one who assumes that all homeless people have zero choice in life. Which is proven wrong when a homeless man is offered a free cellphone so he can change his life for the better and refuses it.

You're making assumptions too. You just have no evidence to back yours up.

What use is giving homeless people a Mobile Phone if they have nobody to call? do you think these people choose to be poor? maybe they have mental illness, were war veterans that people forgot, or had a poor quality of Education?

You think these people can afford snazzy suits to go for work interviews if they can only just buy enough food for themselves on their Doles? what if their alcohole 'abuse' is their way of coping with their lives? what the **** do you know? has your family ever been on the edge of poverty?

Canadian
2009-05-29, 01:59 PM
The police offered him a free cell phone. That's worth way more than some raisins. He could use the phone to contact old friends and relative or a shelter or social workers. He could use the phone to get job interviews. Or just use it to call 911 when he needs help as suggested.

This guy refused the free phone. He is CHOOSING a bad life for himself.

Previously posted. There are plenty of uses for it including the most basic one. Calling 911 as the police suggested. Read the posts before shooting back. I already made this point.

From the article under the picture:

Amanda Borozinski 4/26 Dave Kolek, orginally of MA, has been living in Keene for the past three years, but he has been collecting items for his "ornamentation" for the past 16 years. Kolek has silver spoon handles on wrapped around each toe, beads on his arms, feathers in his hair, and more than one ring on each finger. "I'm like a Christmas tree," he laughed. Kolek never takes any items off, although periodically he replaces them. This photo was taken near the Central Square on court street.

He's had 16 years to get one suit together. He want's to be as he says "like a Christmas tree." He obviously chooses to be useless.

For someone who's homeless he can sure afford a lot of SILVER spoons and JEWELRY. He's not even trying.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 02:03 PM
Previously posted. There are plenty of uses for it including the most basic one. Calling 911 as the police suggested. Read the posts before shooting back. I already made this point.

Why not use a public phone for the Emergency lines*? they are always near by.

*it's not all 911 you know.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 02:04 PM
Why not use a public phone for the Emergency lines*? they are always near by.

*it's not all 911 you know.

When you're camping? Where's the pay phone? Besides IT WAS A FREE CELL PHONE.

Nothing is closer or more convenient than the free cell phone that happens to be in your pocket. Are you passing year 11 or do you fear you may be held back? :smallwink:

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 02:06 PM
When you're camping? Where's the pay phone? Besides IT WAS A FREE CELL PHONE.

Nothing is closer or more convenient than the free cell phone that happens to be in your pocket. Are you passing year 11 or do you fear you may be held back? :smallwink:

The Homeless man in question was camping in a town, yet you find it perfectly fine for him to get mauled by a Bear.
Plus there are usually Emergency phones out in national parks.

Also I'm passing with 'flying colours' you obnoxious ****-bag.

"Free" Mobile Phone. someone ends up paying for it in the end.

ghost_warlock
2009-05-29, 02:10 PM
He's had 16 years to get one suit together. He want's to be as he says "like a Christmas tree." He obviously chooses to be useless.

For someone who's homeless he can sure afford a lot of SILVER spoons and JEWELRY. He's not even trying.

To be fair, a lot of that crap he probably just found laying around. People forget/leave behind a lot of crap in parks.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 02:12 PM
The Homeless man in question was camping in a town, yet you find it perfectly fine for him to get mauled by a Bear.

Plus there are usually Emergency phones out in national parks.

It's like the three little pigs. You make your house out of straw...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/292341-65619-big-bad-wolf_large.jpg

I've never seen a phone in a national park. It isn't much of a park if there are phones everywhere. Besides a cell phone fits in your pocket. You might not have seen one. They look like this and they don't require a cord or spare change to operate.

http://dc.metblogs.com/files/2009/03/ph2009032202260-300x216.jpg

This homeless person said yes to the cell phone. She's on the way up in the world. Making CHOICES to improve her life.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 02:13 PM
To be fair, a lot of that crap he probably just found laying around. People forget/leave behind a lot of crap in parks.

After 16 years I'm sure he found enough clothes to make one suit. :smallsmile:

Also I'm passing with 'flying colours' you obnoxious ****-bag.

That's good. You need to improve your education so you don't end up homeless and wearing spoons.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/19/images/large/PascoC_div_her_1276443.jpg

Here's another one. Maybe texting! Got to warn the others about the bears.

Maybe he rejected the free phone because it looked like this:

http://www.mobilegazette.com/images/other/buddy-bear.jpg

The roaring ringtone probably brought back bad memories.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 02:17 PM
It's like the three little pigs. You make your house out of straw...
I've never seen a phone in a national park. It isn't much of a park if there are phones everywhere. Besides a cell phone fits in your pocket. You might not have seen one. They look like this and they don't require a cord or spare change to operate.
This homeless person said yes to the cell phone. She's on the way up in the world. Making CHOICES to improve her life.

Improvement through acronyms and contractions of perfectly fine worlds? Improvement through the impersonalisation of a Mobile Phone rather than putting some effort into going to the nearest Public Phone?

The phones are out in the National parks because you don't get reception out there in the Australian Outback, what if little Timmy falls down a well and there is no reception on your Mobile Phone?

ghost_warlock
2009-05-29, 02:18 PM
After 16 years I'm sure he found enough clothes to make one suit. :smallsmile:

Meh, clothes are overrated. Give me a pair of dirty, tan shorts and some feathers to stick in my hair over a suit any day! Maybe go for the hoity-toity version and the the name 'Sandy' tattooed on my chest.

Besides, the article probably just misrepresented the facts. In actuality, he left the raisens laying around to attract bears. Daddy needs a new bearskin blankie for those co-oh-old winter nights! :smalltongue:

Canadian
2009-05-29, 02:21 PM
rather than putting some effort into going to the nearest Public Phone?

So you admit the homeless are lazy!

In the Spirit of Stephen Colbert...

I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY!

http://www.republicanoffenders.com/images/Colbert2.jpg

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-05-29, 02:22 PM
So you admit the homeless are lazy!

In the Spirit of Stephen Colbert...

I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY!

http://www.republicanoffenders.com/images/Colbert2.jpg

When you die I will laugh.

Back in the good olde days we relied on nothing but our swords, none of these fandangled 'Mobile Phones'.

Canadian
2009-05-29, 02:22 PM
Meh, clothes are overrated. Give me a pair of dirty, tan shorts and some feathers to stick in my hair over a suit any day! Maybe go for the hoity-toity version and the the name 'Sandy' tattooed on my chest.

Besides, the article probably just misrepresented the facts. In actuality, he left the raisens laying around to attract bears. Daddy needs a new bearskin blankie for those co-oh-old winter nights! :smalltongue:

A real (homeless man) fights the bear NAKED!

My work here is done. Now it's off to do some charity work with the homeless.
:smallsmile:

bluewind95
2009-05-29, 02:24 PM
I had a cellphone. But it runs out of money to make calls often (well, the credit expires since I don't use it. And it'd expire anyways if I used it since, well, I'd use it up.). It also has this horrible habit of running out of batteries when I leave it on (and even when I leave it off) after a while.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to use it for over a week if I didn't have money to recharge its credit or electricity to charge the battery.

.... So since I don't use it and I constantly forget to charge it, I just gave it away. I have no use for a cellphone.

Supagoof
2009-05-29, 02:24 PM
Enjoying the pics and the silly debate - but would you please spoiler the oversized ones? I don't have a large screen at work. :smallwink:

Canadian
2009-05-29, 07:21 PM
Sorry. Next time I'll post them all in spoilers. :smallsmile:

Glad you enjoyed the silliness. :smallbiggrin:

LXH
2009-05-29, 08:01 PM

He chooses to live his own way. I'm sure New Hampshire, the "Live Free or Die" state, can understand this concept.

Just out of curiosity, what have you contributed of such great value that you deem yourself worthy to judge the usefulness of another human being?

Canadian
2009-05-29, 08:05 PM
He chooses to live his own way. I'm sure New Hampshire, the "Live Free or Die" state, can understand this concept.

Just out of curiosity, what have you contributed of such great value that you deem yourself worthy to judge the usefulness of another human being?

If it's live free or die he can certainly understand the concept of being killed by a bear.

You don't need to do anything to judge another person. You're judging me just by asking the question. That's what people do all the time.

DraPrime
2009-05-29, 08:08 PM
If it's live free or die he can certainly understand the concept of being killed by a bear.

You don't need to do anything to judge another person. You're judging me just by asking the question. That's what people do all the time.

Well no, you don't need to do anything to judge a person. But LXH asked about WORTHINESS to judge, and for that you need a bit more than membership in the human race.

LXH
2009-05-29, 08:08 PM

To the contrary, you have to judge another person to judge another person. Amazing how that concept works out, non?

Yes, he does understand the concept. That's why he's still living the way he chooses to live. When someone moves to Miami or New Orleans, they understand their choice might very well cause them to die via flooding or tornadoes that powerful hurricanes cause. Would you also cheer their deaths? Maybe give bonus points if said residents were receiving social assistance?

Canadian
2009-05-29, 08:17 PM
To the contrary, you have to judge another person to judge another person. Amazing how that concept works out, non?

Yes, he does understand the concept. That's why he's still living the way he chooses to live. When someone moves to Miami or New Orleans, they understand their choice might very well cause them to die via flooding or tornadoes that powerful hurricanes cause. Would you also cheer their deaths? Maybe give bonus points if said residents were receiving social assistance?

I'm a big fan of the darwin award!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SqhhJb_P3Kk/R4ExhzzENEI/AAAAAAAAAIE/3A0NcOyXP1A/S240/Darwin+award+candidate.jpg

DraPrime
2009-05-29, 08:18 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SqhhJb_P3Kk/R4ExhzzENEI/AAAAAAAAAIE/3A0NcOyXP1A/S240/Darwin+award+candidate.jpg

So for some risky/stupid/weird decision, people deserve to have the most valuable thing they have taken from them, their life?

LXH
2009-05-29, 08:20 PM

Given that he's alive, your erudite missive makes no sense. Considering he's surviving in conditions where you in all likelihood would not suggests he's more Darwin's champion than you believe yourself to be.

In fact, your devaluing of his life, as stated by you, is based on what you perceive to be his lack of participation in the established culture. I dunno what books on Darwin you've been reading, but it isn't the herd who serve as progenitors for a species' more useful evolutionary mechanics.

Halna LeGavilk
2009-05-29, 09:44 PM
I have to say, I find this whol ething quite hilarious. Keep giving the guy food. Remember, Trolls need food too!

No, but seriously people. It's freakin' funny. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2009-05-30, 12:06 AM

From the article under the picture:

Amanda Borozinski 4/26 Dave Kolek, orginally of MA, has been living in Keene for the past three years, but he has been collecting items for his "ornamentation" for the past 16 years. Kolek has silver spoon handles on wrapped around each toe, beads on his arms, feathers in his hair, and more than one ring on each finger. "I'm like a Christmas tree," he laughed. Kolek never takes any items off, although periodically he replaces them. This photo was taken near the Central Square on court street.

For someone who's homeless he can sure afford a lot of SILVER spoons and JEWELRY. He's not even trying.Sounds to me like he's mentally ill. How's your mental health system there?

ghost_warlock
2009-05-30, 01:22 AM
Sounds to me like he's mentally ill. How's your mental health system there?

Stigmatized, mostly, and rarely taken seriously.

Direct care staff are underpaid and underqualified for their positions; but the system won't pay qualified staff the wages they'd ask for/deserve so we get a lot of employees without professional degrees and with only babysitting as prior experience. Management personelle make the big bucks while never actually dealing with the clients themselves; although I assume they spend a lot of time scrounging for grant money and running PR campaigns.

To be fair, therapists and private clinics can make good money, but they're a bit out of the price range for the average patient and there's not exactly a lot of insurance money available for mental health care. Although that's slowly improving. Just don't hold your breath...

Really, for-profit agencies tend to value, in order, 1) making money, 2) the clients, 3) the staff. Thus, if staff wages/benefits or anything involving clients can be cut to improve profits it usually will, so long as it doesn't cause a PR backlash and is still 'up to code' (although supervisinig agencies tend to also be overworked and usually only get around for an inspection once or twice a year, and then almost always inform the agency to be inspected a month or so in advance).

Not-for-profit agencies are more dedicated to the clients/direct-care staff, but tend to be woefully under-funded.

Edit: How do I know this? Well, I work in the mental health industry and my thesis work during college was focused on the quality and efficacy of mental health care in the U.S.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-30, 06:56 PM
Again, I suggest your review your facts. In most scenarios, when a person is feels that their life is being put into jeopardy, or that another's life is, he may preemptively strike the threat. Usually. And last I checked, 150 calories of raisins aren't going to fill a 450lbs. bear. I would've felt threatened too, as would I'm sure you would Canadian. :smallannoyed:.

And for the love of God, would you spoiler the pictures.

Canadian
2009-05-31, 09:01 PM
Sounds to me like he's mentally ill. How's your mental health system there?

Excellent. We have free health care. The only problem is that the crazy people can refuse to be admitted or can check themselves out at will.

I have to say, I find this whol ething quite hilarious. Keep giving the guy food. Remember, Trolls need food too!

No, but seriously people. It's freakin' funny. :smallbiggrin:

Yes. Fah. Nee.

So for some risky/stupid/weird decision, people deserve to have the most valuable thing they have taken from them, their life?

Yes.

Again, I suggest your review your facts. In most scenarios, when a person is feels that their life is being put into jeopardy, or that another's life is, he may preemptively strike the threat. Usually. And last I checked, 150 calories of raisins aren't going to fill a 450lbs. bear. I would've felt threatened too, as would I'm sure you would Canadian. :smallannoyed:.

And for the love of God, would you spoiler the pictures.

If you want to strike the bear when it's already been distracted by your raisins you're a tool. If it's already eating it's time to run.

I'll spoiler stuff in my next rant. This thread is done anyway. It's time for something new.

Pandaren
2009-05-31, 09:20 PM
Enjoying the pics and the silly debate - but would you please spoiler the oversized ones? I don't have a large screen at work. :smallwink:

I agree.

Sorry. Next time I'll post them all in spoilers. :smallsmile:

Glad you enjoyed the silliness. :smallbiggrin:

It's called an edit button.

Also. "THIS THREAD IS OVER"

Funny to see a person who believes they are obeyed.

Canadian
2009-05-31, 09:31 PM
It's over when I say it's over.

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-06-01, 02:50 AM

It's over when you admit you are an immoral person and that your mother should have swallowed.

onasuma
2009-06-01, 06:21 AM
Woah, isnt that a bit radical for someone claiming to have the moral high ground?

Spiryt
2009-06-01, 06:46 AM

:smallbiggrin:

At least there is one hilarious statement in this thread.

Especially that at this rate it will be over when the mods say it's over ( probably soon).

Grey Paladin
2009-06-01, 07:03 AM
Rage: 8/10
Bait: 7/10
Originality: 10/10
Length: 5/10
Ben.A.Voidin: 9/10

Overall: A for Awesome

Canadian
2009-06-01, 11:00 AM
{Scrubbed}

Black_Pants_Guy
2009-06-02, 02:15 AM
{scrubbed}[/spoiler]

Reported.

SCRUBBED....

Grey Paladin
2009-06-02, 03:17 AM
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche :smallbiggrin:

The radio said "No John, you are the demons"
And then John was a zombie

Justyn
2009-06-02, 03:29 AM
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche :smallbiggrin:

The radio said "No John, you are the demons"
And then John was a zombie

... So what you're saying is that if this guy keeps fighting bears, he'll turn into a bear?

The Giant
2009-06-02, 03:49 AM

Wanna bet?